Are you twins?! - August, family, and magical memories.

Hey all my lovelies –

What a trip! I’m back at school, but the magic is still hanging around – in the form of magnets, travel mugs, and really amazing Disney Couture deals at Winners!

Ready to hear about it? Hereeee we go!

Friday, August 26

Talk about an early morning – the family was up at 2AM for quick showers and packing up the car. We hit the road at 230AM, with Carly and I napping along the way. After our ritual stop at Tims in Truro, we were at the airport and through security by 515AM. The flight was uneventful, and customs in Toronto was a breeze, though the plane was delayed by half an hour – boo.

IMG_3990.jpg

TOO EARLY FOR PICS

IMG_5478.jpg

DISNEY DAYS AHEAD!

IMG_3996.jpg

EEYEORE IS RETURNING TO HIS HOMELAND - NOW 11 YEARS OLD

It always seems like the LONGEST flight – even though it’s only about 2h45 - but I watched Soul Surfer (Carrie Underwood – disappointment) and we landed at 1230PM Mouse Standard Time!

We found the DME right away, and surprisingly there was a bus waiting for us. Magical! There was a slight hiccup, an engine warning light – but we did well, all things considered. Howev, as we were staying at All Star Movies, we were in the back of the bus as far as stops go – ah, the downside of cheapie rooms (but worth it not to share a bed with sista C).

IMG_4016.jpg

OMG DME!

IMG_4020.jpg

THIS ISN'T OUR FIRST RODEO

HollyBelle

Ahh... you're really taking me back. I adored the bathrooms on the Dream, and I love that you got so many great pictures of them.

Your little black dress = FABULOUS. Although, I'm thinking your "awkward picture of life" should totally be your facebook profile pic. Just sayin' :lol: :D

And, uh, the family shot at Sail Away... it totally needs a frame.

Soaringirl

I was super excited for your trip report and here it is and I'm love,
love, lovin' it!!! It's just so great that you're having so much fun with your family, the rents (awesome term) and you and your sister are just too adorable for words. The way you turn a phrase is classic, can't wait for more!!!

PartOfYourWorld

TSwift fan over here! :D Saw her in June!

Loooove how you visited the bathrooms! Thats definitely something I would do I love taking pictures of pretty bathrooms!

Can't wait for more!

Disneyfalcon

I found the food ehn the first night, but the atmosphere was really neat – favourite was the light fixtures – and dessert was exceptional. But then, I love dessert. Our servers were both good as well, but especially Marco – with the drinks and the bread and other general awesomeness. He did this trick where he balanced forks on a toothpick stuck in a wine bottle cork – what?!

IMG_4636.jpg

MARCO'S HANDIWORK

Our server did that once!! I took a picture too because we could not figure it out!!!:eek:

I am so excited you're on the Dream!! Or were, you know. I can feel your excitement!! You are just gorgeous!!

I'm glad your table mates worked out! We are kind of shy like that, so we always ask for our own table. I've heard that Disney does a really good job of pairing up people though!

Keep it coming!

Ariel484

Fabulous pictures! Love your LBD, the DCL puns and the Taylor Swift shout-out! :sohappy: Good luck with that sociology...

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Ahh... you're really taking me back. I adored the bathrooms on the Dream, and I love that you got so many great pictures of them.

Your little black dress = FABULOUS. Although, I'm thinking your "awkward picture of life" should totally be your facebook profile pic. Just sayin' :lol: :D

And, uh, the family shot at Sail Away... it totally needs a frame.

I told Nannie before we left that I was going to take pictures of every bathroom because they were going to be awesome - she laughed at me, then asked if I got them when we got back! Such a cute little 95 year old.

I LOVE THAT DRESS. Would you believe I got it for 25$? It's got this sweet criss-cross in the back that you can't see. Drools. Nothing like an LBD and black heels.

I know - it didn't fit in the frame that I bought, but I need a separate Sail Away frame! Carly was all excited because she looked so "nautical". I just laughed at her, haha.

I was super excited for your trip report and here it is and I'm love,
love, lovin' it!!! It's just so great that you're having so much fun with your family, the rents (awesome term) and you and your sister are just too adorable for words. The way you turn a phrase is classic, can't wait for more!!!

How pumped am I that someone was actually looking forward to this!? I'm glad you're loving it - we had an AMAZING time! I'll try to keep my phrases up to standard =)

TSwift fan over here! :D Saw her in June!

Loooove how you visited the bathrooms! Thats definitely something I would do I love taking pictures of pretty bathrooms!

Can't wait for more!

I saw her last July - her vocals were solid but I found the concert really contrived? I don't know, it might have had something to do with how much I wanted to see Keith Urban.. I love her music, though - so catchy! Listening to Fearless right now =)

Disney bathrooms are usually surprisingly awesome.. i.e. the Bazaar in Adventureland (still can't get over that one!).

On the bright side. Hockey starts so soon. =]

Ouai! C'est excellent <3

Our server did that once!! I took a picture too because we could not figure it out!!!:eek:

I am so excited you're on the Dream!! Or were, you know. I can feel your excitement!! You are just gorgeous!!

I'm glad your table mates worked out! We are kind of shy like that, so we always ask for our own table. I've heard that Disney does a really good job of pairing up people though!

Keep it coming!

Marco, god love him, had like 6 forks balancing at one point! What the heck!? I wish I could do that and impress all my drunk friends at parties.

You're embarrassing me with the compliments, staaaaap. I made the mistake of reading your intro to your TR and now I just want to read that instead of Classics =(

Our table mates were actually pretty awesome. It was just kind of weird because I'm 21 and Carly is 17.. their kids were likely 15 and 12.. why wouldn't you just put us alone? If we're traveling together as a family with those ages, I feel that it would make more sense to put us alone to enjoy famtime? I don't know.. but it worked out in the end, even though Momma J and Dadder wen't too thrilled in the beginning (I DID tell them to go to Guest Services when we got on the boat and check, so it's really their fault..).

LOVE the dresses you and Carly wore for dinner! Super cute!! :)

Thanks! Dynamite and H&M!

Fabulous pictures! Love your LBD, the DCL puns and the Taylor Swift shout-out! :sohappy: Good luck with that sociology...

Soc.. seemed like such a good idea for a minor.. We're focusing on the War on Terror for our Critical Media Analysis class and it might kill me. Politics and media.

WishIWasAtWDW

yay you boarded the dream! i am very excited to read about your experiences on the dream since i will be honeymoonin on the dream in 37 days!! :D it's our first time taking a cruise. do you have any suggestions on some "not to be missed" things on the dream? from your description of the golden mickeys i will make sure not to miss that show! btw, great facebook picture in front of the golden mickeys sign! i love those shoes! can't wait to read more.

PartOfYourWorld

I saw her last July - her vocals were solid but I found the concert really contrived? I don't know, it might have had something to do with how much I wanted to see Keith Urban.. I love her music, though - so catchy! Listening to Fearless right now =)

Disney bathrooms are usually surprisingly awesome.. i.e. the Bazaar in Adventureland (still can't get over that one!).

Yes I have to agree a bit, it was for the most part contrived. because I had watched some youtube videos from previous shows on the Speak Now tour and I mean what I saw live was the same thing I saw on the videos. I wish there was a little more spontaneity to it, but overall it was really really good.

Yes agreed!! :)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Monday, August 29

Due to the magical inclusion of the iPod speakers – Brad Paisley, Welcome to the Future – we were awoken at 8AM. I accidently brushed the curtain and was blinded by Bahamian sun – ah-mazing!

IMG_4662.jpg

HEY GORGEOUS DAY

IMG_4657.jpg

HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE YOUR LIFE HERE?

IMG_4663.jpg

LOVELIES

We all went to breakfast at Cabanas, but Carly and I somehow misplaced Mom and Dad (sounds difficult, but really not that hard to do) – but we found them and had our second plates together!

IMG_4667.jpg

DROOLINGGGGG

IMG_5819.jpg

CUTIES

Nassau was the plan. We all rendez-voused at the room and we uncovered the code for the safe (hint: Sidney Crosby, Guy LaFleur – anyone know what the code was?) and got some cash. So weird to have money on you when you’re used to carrying just your card around!

IMG_4670.jpg

ORR NOT?

We headed to Nassau ASAP. Carly was really excited, but the rest of us were feeling “ehn” about it. I can’t say I was a huge fan last trip, I don’t like being hassled, it makes me want to punch people. However, we did it for the littlest mouse – who is the only one that ended up purchasing anything substantial: earrings, Guess bag, and really nice lipstick. Dad got some Drakkar Noir as a dealz.

IMG_4671.jpg

SPORTIN BAGS

Nassau had been hit by Irene, so there was some sketchy stuff going on. About an hour into our venture the power went out on a whole street. Some stores were still open, but many weren’t (the power actually went out as I was in a windowless dressing room, trying on a pretty fly maxi dress (not my style, but Mom was begging me to buy it). It cut our trip short, but that was okay – for us. You can’t help but feel a little bad for those who are trying to SELL things.

IMG_4672.jpg

THAT WATTTERRRRRR WHOAAS

Saw some drop dead gorrrgeous ladies in the stores though, holy.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Quick Cabana’s lunch before we headed our separate ways.

IMG_4676.jpg

DAD WAS ALL ABOUT THE SUSHI THIS AFTERNOON

I went to the adult pool, stretched out in the sun and read The Help (which I’m still not finished, thanks to all the school work I have – boo). Carly went to Vibe – where she apparently had a run in with a too-friendly CM. Clearly she was being antisocial, but admittedly, why would someone try to have a big ‘ol conversation with you if you have headphones in and look like you’re sleeping? (but please note: C sometimes hates people, so the story is likely a tad on the unreasonable side). Mom and Dad hung out at the room, on the balcony, and did the Aquaduck.

IMG_4680.jpg

OHAY

IMG_4681.jpg

FOUND THE PALO/REMY BATHROOMS - HOLY NICE

By 3PM, I was feeling a little too “sunned” – see: last TR and my issues with too much sun in Nassau, causing me to miss supper. Went back to the room and had a 15 minute cat nap, then painted my nails and read the Help outside.

IMG_4685.jpg

FAVOURITE PLACE EVAA

It was formal night, and we all did our best to spiff it up.

IMG_4738.jpg

POPCORNS

Villians Tonight was the show of the evening – I was very excited to see this show, but it almost didn’t live up to my expectations. I found the constant pop culture references quite distracting – and, to be honest, I like my Hades mean. That being said, it was still a good show – I especially loved Yzma and Kronk (so good), Captain Hook, and Ursula – there are some incredibly talented people on those ships. I give them props.

IMG_4747.jpg

tiaragirl

Original Poster
We headed back to the room briefly and took some pictures - AKA had the time of our lives. Carly was jumping off chairs and mother dear got SO mad, it was hilarious. Here’s some from our photoshoot:

IMG_4751.jpg

AWK PORTHOLE PICTURES

IMG_4769.jpg

MAKIN MOMMA J MAD

IMG_4765.jpg

POSEZZZZ

IMG_4799.jpg

FAM LOVE

IMG_5850.jpg

ROMANCIN

IMG_5852.jpg

THIS IS MY FAM

IMG_5864.jpg

XOOX

We also ran into Captain Henry and some of the crew – quality photos, right there.

IMG_4811.jpg

GIGGLES

IMG_4813.jpg

A FUNNY ONE!

I AM LATE FOR SOCIOLOGY - END OF THE DAY COMING UP IN AN HOURISH!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Dinner was at Royal Table. I was excited to see this restaurant, and pleased that we ended up in a decent seating location – AKA not on the outskirts of the place. What an amazing restaurant – the floor, and the window treatments. I loved it. Added plus, a very happy Ariel cruising around, waving all princess-ey. Love it.

IMG_4820.jpg

DADDYS GIRL NBD

IMG_4826.jpg

OMG INVITEDDDDD!
DESSERT MENUS WERE LEGIT THE CUTEST

IMG_4828.jpg

THUMBS UP ON DINNA

The food was better, yummy stuff and a strawberry shortcake sundae for dessert – I’d eat that right now, drool. T, our server, entertained us with some card tricks for about 20 minutes after we were finished supper. We really did have great servers this trip – I’m still puzzled at the tricks!

Carly and I waited for Mickey outside the Walt Disney Theatre. What a guy, that mouse. And a little shopping - of course!

IMG_4831.jpg

#1 DATE CHOICE

IMG_5883.jpg

AHAHAH KISS KISS

IMG_4833.jpg

THE MASTER OF OUR FATE.. SRSLY.

I got harassed into the Aquaduck, Carly was begging – and how can you say no, it’s too much fun to say no!

IMG_4836.jpg

SNAKE TOWEL ATTACKKKK!!!!

Tomorrow: a day at sea, suntans, and pirates.

lbrad

What an AWESOME TR !!!

You have a great sense of humor ... love it.

Looks like everyone is having a blast ... what beautiful memories you will all have.

Can't wait to read more :wave:

tiaragirl

Original Poster

;)

Snake towel attack!! I love it!!:lol:

And what a fun picture with the crew!!

You take such fun pictures. Sigh...:)

Every foolish sister! The pictures where we're imitating snakes are pretty funny too - FANGS.

That crew picture was hilarious - I was like 'FUNNY ONE!' and they were all very confused.. hence why half look lovely and we look silly. Always a good time, good sports!

You all look so lovely. The weather looked absolutely beautiful!

Thank you =) We had some cloudy weather but it was still gorgeous and hot! Can't beat the bahamas for that, I guess!

What an AWESOME TR !!!

You have a great sense of humor ... love it.

Looks like everyone is having a blast ... what beautiful memories you will all have.

Can't wait to read more :wave:

Thank you so much! I enjoy writing these way too much..
We had a wonderful time, as always =)
Hopefully my next edition will be up in a day or so, everything is so overwhelmingly busy, argh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom