Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was very significant screen time, did you see it?

But even just for a nod, it would work, if Carrie’s estate approved, of course.
I did

I think it’s very different to do a movie - hypothetically - ENTIRELY with CG.

I’m clarifying.

And Carrie fisher’s Star Wars shoulda ended with Yub Nub…but that is hindsight

Jedijax719

Leia wouldn't have a big role. They could excuse her from having a big role because she was pregnant with Ben Solo around the time all of the Mando/Ahsoka stuff was going on.

They could lean more heavily on Max Lloyd Jones (Luke in Book of Boba) and Anthony Ingruber (doppleganger of Ford who was in Age of Adeline and used as Indy's younger stand in for Ford's deaging in Dial of Destiny).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Leia wouldn't have a big role. They could excuse her from having a big role because she was pregnant with Ben Solo around the time all of the Mando/Ahsoka stuff was going on.

They could lean more heavily on Max Lloyd Jones (Luke in Book of Boba) and Anthony Ingruber (doppleganger of Ford who was in Age of Adeline and used as Indy's younger stand in for Ford's deaging in Dial of Destiny).
Well…there’s a zero chance they’ll do it…

But it’s fun to postulate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t give a rip about the angry “fan base,”just the actual fans.
Kinda missed the whole “Star wars” thing these last 46 years, huh?

Mass appeal…that’s why it worked. Just like Disney parks.

Which is why it should have worked

If we want niche art house…we can watch 45 minutes of Rian Last Johnson fart into a microphone.

…happy Friday, nonetheless

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Absolutely pointless and baseless speculation.
Not one frame of film has been shot on a movie in going on 5 years

Asohka had some rumors when it came out…most internet spawned rumors are of course crap…but not all of them.

We know it’s expensive and that may also factor ALOT into continuation.

So let’s see? And look up the definition of “baseless”…I suggest any political article these days

Tha Realest

You may want to acquaint yourself with Lucasfilm’s troubled history since they were acquired by Disney in terms of delivering on in development and/or announced films before you dismiss this suggestion as either pointless or baseless.

FWIW, the bloom is off Waititi’s rose a bit lately which generally precedes a Star Wars project’s cancellation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You may want to acquaint yourself with Lucasfilm’s troubled history since they were acquired by Disney in terms of delivering on in development and/or announced films before you dismiss this suggestion as either pointless or baseless.

FWIW, the bloom is off Waititi’s rose a bit lately which generally precedes a Star Wars project’s cancellation.
Yeah…must be a “saturation” issue…

So many “confirmed” directors and producers are working on a Star Wars movie that they cancelled themselves and put a padlock on the studio…

Quite the growing list

Tony the Tigger

Kinda missed the whole “Star wars” thing these last 46 years, huh?

Mass appeal…that’s why it worked. Just like Disney parks.

Which is why it should have worked

If we want niche art house…we can watch 45 minutes of Rian Last Johnson fast into a microphone.

…happy Friday, nonetheless
Niche art house? Did you find that in Star Wars films?

No, I’m talking about OG fans who sat in theaters in the 70s to watch the first Star Wars first, and who grew up to be well rounded individuals who aren’t butt hurt because Luke Skywalker might not be perfect.

The masses are stupid, entitled, and self-destructive. Good luck with “mass appeal.”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Niche art house? Did you find that in Star Wars films?

No, I’m talking about OG fans who sat in theaters in the 70s to watch the first Star Wars first, and who grew up to be well rounded individuals who aren’t butt hurt because Luke Skywalker might not be perfect.

The masses are stupid, entitled, and self-destructive. Good luck with “mass appeal.”
No the opposite…that millennial “subvert expectations” crap has been a unmitigated financial disaster for Disney.

And before anyone says “look at the box office”…that was the brand pulling people…not the crap Disney did. And they are ruining that brand pull. They’ve lost an undisclosed billions upon billions in revenue from product/licensing. Those movies sold NOTHING…the originals still chug away at the payment screens…

The original fans were hooked simply because of what you said…it was flawed but the characters believed in their story in context. It wasn’t “forced”…there was no real “agenda” other than anti-authoritarian and some mysticism for drama…

Yoda was wisest cat in the universe in 15 minutes of screen time…
Long criticism aside…hamill did a fantastic, iconic job or evolving the character…

It lasts because it should.

Disney? Terrible

However…some of these stream shows at least are moving the right direction.

Filoni is writing a love story to the ethos and to George Lucas in many ways…

He did clone wars as such…then rebels…now he’s getting to live action it.

I think this series is really good. It’s getting the emotional place it needs to be…

Hell…anyone not impressed with Hayden Christiansen in the two series? It’s been outstanding…and is providing more depth to the AS and Vader characters. It’s really an improvement.

Also…sure seems like favreau is more of a true “fan” than that hack abrams could on any day. I think he cares about Fridays and nothing else.
And now he’s buried at Netflix. Good. Mess around and find out

erasure fan1

I think you're way off on this one. Just to refresh
*3 Rian Johnson films
*3 Dan and dave films
*1 each for Taika, Feige, Jenkins
*And Boba Fett and Obi-wan were originally movies.
*Plus now supposedly 4 movies that I haven't seen an official green light from Disney yet. Mangolds old republic, Filonis mandoverse, the Rey film and now Lando.

Even if you don't count Obi-wan and Fett since they did become streaming shows. They've still cancelled more films than they've made. So it might be speculation, but in NO way is it baseless. We have at least 9 cancelled films that say otherwise.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think you're way off on this one. Just to refresh
*3 Rian Johnson films
*3 Dan and dave films
*1 each for Taika, Feige, Jenkins
*And Boba Fett and Obi-wan were originally movies.
*Plus now supposedly 4 movies that I haven't seen an official green light from Disney yet. Mangolds old republic, Filonis mandoverse, the Rey film and now Lando.

Even if you don't count Obi-wan and Fett since they did become streaming shows. They've still cancelled more films than they've made. So it might be speculation, but in NO way is it baseless. We have at least 9 cancelled films that say otherwise.
While easily changeable, Disney still has officially May 22, 2026, Dec 18, 2026, and Dec 17, 2027 as holds for theatrical Star Wars films. The first of the two being the Obaid-Chinoy one following Rey.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom