Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not opposed to that at all. Honestly I thought that was going to be how lucasfilm handled star wars in the first place. Tell a main story then branch off into other related stories. Similar to how the mcu went with the Skywalker films being the avengers type film.
That’s what they said…

But it went like this:
1694618501610.gif

Jedijax719

And bring in Luke and Han for the movie. Have an appearance from Leia, but of course she'd be pregnant so she wouldn't go on any of the missions).

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
And bring in Luke and Han for the movie. Have an appearance from Leia, but of course she'd be pregnant so she wouldn't go on any of the missions).
I think this ship has sailed.

I could see *maybe* brief mentions/cameos of the OG 3. Similar to the senator Organa moment in the most recent episode of Ahsoka.

Luke could maybe be seen as Ahsoka goes to ask for help while he’s secluded at his Jedi training academy.

The only way we’d seen Han (imo) is a combined appearance with Leia.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They definitely are trying to make it be inept, both illustrating why the First Order was able to develop but also to decrease any sympathy for when Starkiller was able to wipe out the government.
They're making it so that at a future screening of The Force Awakens, the audience will cheer when the governmental planet is destroyed.

erasure fan1

Yeah…that’s a tough sell.

Can’t recast like Batman and there isn’t enough computing power in the world to CG those 3…
For a film, I could see them throwing in a quick scene of the 3 of them on the falcon. Just so they can correct the missed opportunity from force awakens. At a minimum, I would expect Luke to have a small part. It wouldn't really make sense to not have him at all. Of course we've had our share of head scratchers in star wars so who knows.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I would say that if Ep6 and Ep7 aren't Thrawn focused, then he will teased in Ep8 and be the focus of the Filoni movie.
I think it’s already assumed he will be the focus of the Filoni movie. There isn’t enough time in the show to fully go through the story, and I don’t think it’s gonna get a S2. I think this will end on a “cliffhanger” as well as Mando S4, and culminate in the eventual Filoni movie.

Screamface

The show is fine. It's just sad for Star Wars that they can't even get the budget to create cool Clone Wars visuals and have to cheap out. That's the damage they have done to the franchise. That should have been spectacular.

Tha Realest

Are you serious? The visuals during the flashback were incredible
It was great. But we got to see the before and after parts of larger battles. I suspect @Screamface wanted to see more of the action during those battle scenes.
I did think it was a very strong episode that finally moved things along, and the deep fake CGI stuff to make him look younger was much better than the cliffhanger at the end of episode 4.

Tha Realest

To be fair…the shows priorities are/

1. Ahsoka
2. Rebels
3. Thrawn
Yes, I’d agree with that. I’d put The Clones Wars at 2A.

This does seem like an elaborate place setting for his feature film. I don’t see anything suggesting S2 of Ashoka’s guaranteed and figure Mando 4 leads into the film as well.

doctornick

It was great. But we got to see the before and after parts of larger battles. I suspect @Screamface wanted to see more of the action during those battle scenes.
I did think it was a very strong episode that finally moved things along, and the deep fake CGI stuff to make him look younger was much better than the cliffhanger at the end of episode 4.
I feel like I must be weird because I thought this was the most disappointing episode so far because IMHO virtually nothing happened. I was pretty interested in the tease for the World between Worlds but was expecting it to kinda of... mean something? It was some nice fan service and call backs but ultimately it didn't seem to actually do anything - what did Ahsoka really "learn" by having that sequence? What was accomplished with the lightsaber battles? How was she even there?

She could have just fallen into the water and been flailing around and found by Hera in the first 5 minutes of the episode and this could have moved along quicker. It just seemed pretty pointless to me as much as I could enjoy the nostalgia.

Feels like what most D+ shows have suffered from. Most of the time is spend building up to "something" and will likely have a rushed final episode or two addressing loose ends. Or not even addressing them if they just leave them for the movie that may or may not happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom