Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

erasure fan1

I feel like I must be weird because I thought this was the most disappointing episode so far because IMHO virtually nothing happened. I was pretty interested in the tease for the World between Worlds but was expecting it to kinda of... mean something? It was some nice fan service and call backs but ultimately it didn't seem to actually do anything - what did Ahsoka really "learn" by having that sequence? What was accomplished with the lightsaber battles? How was she even there?

She could have just fallen into the water and been flailing around and found by Hera in the first 5 minutes of the episode and this could have moved along quicker. It just seemed pretty pointless to me as much as I could enjoy the nostalgia.

Feels like what most D+ shows have suffered from. Most of the time is spend building up to "something" and will likely have a rushed final episode or two addressing loose ends. Or not even addressing them if they just leave them for the movie that may or may not happen.
I can see that. I think what tends to happen with the D+ shows, marvel and star wars, is they can't figure out a good length of show. From length of individual episodes to how many episodes. So far, this last episode and the first had a good length, but the rest have been just over a half hour. This wouldn't be an issue if you have enough episodes. Unfortunately they seem to limit themselves with these shorter seasons. That's why Andor did better with some of the more "filler type" episodes, they had more time. Obi-wan and Boba were only 6 episodes. That's not enough. Especially Obi-wan, one of the most beloved characters.

I don't think there's a magic number to hit. They just need to take the time they need to tell the story with out having to rush the ending. I thought this was the best episode so far, but I see what you are saying about moving things forward. They could have accomplished the same thing in a 10min scene for sure. I'm glad they didn't. But knowing their track record with ending things, makes you worry if it was worth it. A well told all around story is the most important thing in my opinion. If that takes 8 or 9 or 11 episodes to tell, so be it. But if 8 episodes at a average of 35/37min each is the plan, they need to utilize that time much more effectively.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, I’d agree with that. I’d put The Clones Wars at 2A.

This does seem like an elaborate place setting for his feature film. I don’t see anything suggesting S2 of Ashoka’s guaranteed and figure Mando 4 leads into the film as well.
It’s possible

But a reminder: nothing anywhere close to resembling a “movie” has been made in going on a decade…so until proof otherwise…that’s a “hurdle”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like I must be weird because I thought this was the most disappointing episode so far because IMHO virtually nothing happened. I was pretty interested in the tease for the World between Worlds but was expecting it to kinda of... mean something? It was some nice fan service and call backs but ultimately it didn't seem to actually do anything - what did Ahsoka really "learn" by having that sequence? What was accomplished with the lightsaber battles? How was she even there?

She could have just fallen into the water and been flailing around and found by Hera in the first 5 minutes of the episode and this could have moved along quicker. It just seemed pretty pointless to me as much as I could enjoy the nostalgia.

Feels like what most D+ shows have suffered from. Most of the time is spend building up to "something" and will likely have a rushed final episode or two addressing loose ends. Or not even addressing them if they just leave them for the movie that may or may not happen.

It was a growth-arc for Ahsoka. Dealing with the trauma of being a child-soldier, the Jedi Order turning against her, she turning away from Anakin and the guilt from thinking if she stayed she might have kept him from falling, and dealing with how to be a mentor to her paduan when her mentor broke bad... would she also break bad?

But after that Force-baptism, she arose self-forgiven and clothed in white now more assured of who she is.

Tony the Tigger

That's been an issue for Disney for a while now. Just about everything they do has at least one or two, wow, that looks terrible moments. If the end product is good, the complaints go away pretty quick. But if it's like book of boba, that Vespa scooter chase scene will live on forever. And not in a good way. Lol
Yet we put up with crappy CGI in major films every day. Even when it’s good, it’s crappy. It’s basically animation with less natural movement.

Tony the Tigger

I was hoping for something more concrete for the encounter with Anakin than it just being a fever dream. Oh well.
It was very Harry Potter at King’s Cross. And that’s fine, but…
I think it was perfect

Why do “concrete” from a dead man who literally ruined the galaxy?
It was more “legendary” this way…

Well done, Dave
I was hoping for more of a window into the World between Worlds.

Very much enjoying the show, though.

I’m thinking Thrawn is center stage season 2 and then in the movie. Make us fear him before the movie starts.

Ripken10

Wait, we weren't supposed to cheer for that scene already? Awkward.
Speaking of....introduced my son for the first time last week to A New Hope (he has only seen Rebels for the most part so far, but did already love Darth Vader). Should I worry that he cheered like our team won the super bowl when Darth Vader defeated Obi-Wan.

Now granted, I think he was really worried Darth Vader was going to die (yes, had a hard time explaining what happened in Return of the Jedi. But now Episode 4 and 6 are his favorites. We have watched it at least 10 times each in the last week.

doctornick

It was a growth-arc for Ahsoka. Dealing with the trauma of being a child-soldier, the Jedi Order turning against her, she turning away from Anakin and the guilt from thinking if she stayed she might have kept him from falling, and dealing with how to be a mentor to her paduan when her mentor broke bad... would she also break bad?

But after that Force-baptism, she arose self-forgiven and clothed in white now more assured of who she is.

I suppose, but I feel like Ahsoka was already a well developed character who has overcome potential barriers to become an upstanding leader. Between her growth in the last season or so of Clone Wars and her time in Rebels plus the live action snippets, she's never been someone who seems conflicted or any has potential for "falling" to the dark side.

Maybe there is some guilt about Anakin, but I don't feel this episode really addressed or resolved that in any way - if there were some "there's nothing you could have done to save me" type revelation in the World Between Worlds stuff then I agree it would have been a solid segue for Ahsoka. But if that was meant to be the concept, it wasn't IMHO well portrayed. The most I got from this was that Ahsoka wanted to live in order to help Sabine and finish the mission.

I guess my point is, outside of being in some white clothes now, is the Ahsoka post this episode any different that the one from before it? Doesn't seem that way to me.

Edit: Just to be clear, I enjoyed this episode, but more as fan service than advancing the plot of this series. I think the idea would have worked better as something more like an episode of Tales of the Jedi.

There could have at least been something while in that dream state where she learns something about the purrgils that inspired her to commune with them and jump into the mouth. That at least would have connected it to how the episode concluded.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

Yet we put up with crappy CGI in major films every day. Even when it’s good, it’s crappy. It’s basically animation with less natural movement.
Like I said, it doesn't matter, if the product is good. I agree that even good cg is still noticably just cg. But what I'm talking about are those scenes that just pull you right out of it. There's questionable cg in a lot of things. I wasn't really talking about that. I was talking about scenes like the scooter chase in Boba or Vader force grabbing the ship in Obi-wan. Scenes like those aren't questionable, they're just bad. Again, it all doesn't really matter if the total package is good.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I enjoyed the latest episode. Anakin looked much better here. I guess it was the light that made him look weird. Filoni knows how to write Anakin with much more depth and character than Lucas did. It was a better performance from Hyden. I liked seeing the world between worlds again from Rebels. I was kind of hoping Anakin would open a door to Ezra so Ahsoka can be there waiting for Sabine.

erasure fan1

Filoni knows how to write Anakin with much more depth and character than Lucas did.
Wait, you mean lines like
*I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

*So have you, grown more beautiful… for a senator, I mean.

*I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating… hoping that kiss will not become
a scar.

They don't do it for you?

Phroobar

*I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

*I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating… hoping that kiss will not become
a scar.

I tried everyone of those when I was dating. None of them worked.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

a scar.

That’s like…Oscar Wilde type $&!#…

…or is it Brontë? 🤔

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
It was very significant screen time, did you see it?

But even just for a nod, it would work, if Carrie’s estate approved, of course.
I'm sure her estate would, Bille Lourd is (the sole heir) I believe, and I know she is passionate about her mothers work on the franchise.

As for Harrison Ford & Mark Hamil, did they give their likenesses to Disney, just in general, I know they're both still alive.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm sure her estate would, Bille Lourd is (the sole heir) I believe, and I know she is passionate about her mothers work on the franchise.

As for Harrison Ford & Mark Hamil, did they give their likenesses to Disney, just in general, I know they're both still alive.
Since Billie herself is in the franchise, and has already been used as a stand-in body double for Leia in RoS, I have no doubts she would approve if needed.

Mark would also be down I'm sure, but Harrison probably not so much.

Screamface

It was great. But we got to see the before and after parts of larger battles. I suspect @Screamface wanted to see more of the action during those battle scenes.

Correct. I would love to see Clone Wars action in CGI. They should be able to easily surpass the CGI from AOTC on TV now. I think it's just disappointing to not get people like Hayden back and do it.

They should literally just make some live action episodes/movies set in Clone Wars. There's no legacy to ruin. No issue with where it fits into the larger story. Just do some cool stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom