Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When is Mando season 4 coming? I wonder to what extent that will delve into the return of Thrawn and thus bridge Mando and Ahsoka. There's also Skeleton Crew which will tie in and supposedly will be coming at the end of this year (three months to go so they need to hurry and announce it soon).
Its already written, but filming hasn't started and given the strikes I have doubts it'll start filming anytime before next year.

So release date is unknown, fall 2024 at the earliest?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well according to Lucasfilm this show is part of a direct lead up to the Filoni Mando-verse film. So discussing the likelihood of that film becoming reality based on this show isn't really nonsense. Since it's a weekly drop, these are things you talk about in-between episodes. There's only a small handful of us actively engaged week to week talking about the show. There's only so much to analyze directly with a 30/45min episode. We have good star wars to talk about, so hopefully more people jump in.
I always love when LFL can’t be discussed on a Star Wars thread…myself

Because management and mistakes doesn’t effect what little content they have produced at all 🫣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its already written, but filming hasn't started and given the strikes I have doubts it'll start filming anytime before next year.

So release date is unknown, fall 2024 at the earliest?
I’d say that’s a stretch even…

There is gonna be a year hole in content at this point no matter what - I fear.

If somebody really offered Bob $10 bil for the linear networks…he should take it. Bet he won’t though

erasure fan1

I wonder to what extent that will delve into the return of Thrawn and thus bridge Mando and Ahsoka.
That's a good question. I would think they would need to give Mando a reason to care about Thrawn. I wouldn't think he would play a big part but he needs to become that ominous threat in the background giving Mando a reason to pay attention.
I always love when LFL can’t be discussed on a Star Wars thread…myself

Because management and mistakes doesn’t effect what little content they have produced at all 🫣
We can talk about the show as long as people are engaging in te thread. But there's only like 8 or 10 of us talking. A few more jumping in to make one or two comments then leave. Lucasfilm is very relevant to the discussion, especially when no other talking points are happening.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What do you got?? Something that has to do with Ahsoka and spoilers instead of going on and on about how horrible the movies have been or whether they are going to make any more movies, or who from the original trilogy will be in the movies, etc..
I’ve made many comments about the show…but you gotta read them and not snit about the other realities.

I’m probably one of the biggest supporters of the show round here

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Any part. Anything other than the nonsense arguments being made here that have nothing to do with the show.
When a series starts to seem tedious because it increasingly feels like a big set-up for another form of media (a second season, or a feature film) it’s fair game. We’re discussing this in the context of the season and what’s to come.

It‘s pretty bad that we’re five episodes in to an eight episode season (series?) and the big bad teased for years hasn’t yet made an appearance. But at least we have a bunch of stoic dialogue scenes, some of which pass the Bechdel test.

erasure fan1

I’m provably one of the biggest supporters of the show round here
It's funny that the people who have complained the loudest about too much negativity in the films sub forum, and that you need to support the product and see it. Are no place to be found. But even with overwhelming positive things being talked about. As soon as something that can be perceived as a negative against Disney, it's, hey look who decided to show up.

Tha Realest

It's funny that the people who have complained the loudest about too much negativity in the films sub forum, and that you need to support the product and see it. Are no place to be found. But even with overwhelming positive things being talked about. As soon as something that can be perceived as a negative against Disney, it's, hey look who decided to show up.
Pixie Dust Gatekeepers

1694990586186.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m still waiting for more talk about the series?

I’ll start: I am incredibly impressed with the visuals/dialogue/tone and music integration of the show in key sequences

That IS Star Wars…it’s what stuck to the ribs.

I am also incredibly nervous/disheartened that the “season” will be over with zero idea of where to go?

They have done exactly what they said they would NOT do when they bought the thing…gone OT/EU because they came up with really nothing on their own.

Fine…wanna do thrawn? Great…but are you gonna get anywhere?

You have had to watch clone wars (which is fantastic)…and rebels (not as good…but solid) to have much of any clue what is going on.

Which is fine…but it does not bode well for a movie to follow.

It needs a baked in audience…especially given that they’re bombing every movie and money is getting tight.

I don’t see it. Which means “season 2” and that means corner cutting and Mando kinda “let’s try this?” Progression

…IF there’s a season 2.

If you’ve been following the financials…Disney is in a hell of a lot of flux. Not that they don’t have money…it’s that they have little to no idea how to get it in the suddenly very near future.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

That's a good question. I would think they would need to give Mando a reason to care about Thrawn. I wouldn't think he would play a big part but he needs to become that ominous threat in the background giving Mando a reason to pay attention.

We can talk about the show as long as people are engaging in te thread. But there's only like 8 or 10 of us talking. A few more jumping in to make one or two comments then leave. Lucasfilm is very relevant to the discussion, especially when no other talking points are happening.
Or, maybe, give Thrawn a reason to care about the Mandalorians. A key connection could be Sabine. She was a Mandalorian after all. So Sabine could seek out help from Bo and the Mandos and Thrawn could seek to destroy that opposition. Thus, this could drag Djin (and Grogu) out of retirement. Also, isn't Djin now somewhat of a private mercenary? Lots of potential ways they can go with this if they wanted it all to work. Gotta see how Thrawn is portayed and what his MO is. Get me in there! I want to be part of the writing team!!!

erasure fan1

I’ll start: I am incredibly impressed with the visuals/dialogue/tone and music integration of the show in key sequences
Agreed. Dedicated fans should be really liking this show. It's been a step up from Obi-wan from a visuals standpoint. Baylon Skoll has been great, it's a shame he won't be back. It does have its share of flaws, but most star wars does.
…IF there’s a season 2.
That's the issue. I'm worried about its popularity.

DKampy

I am not sure if I am one of those people, but I know I have made comments on those people that have been negative on movies they have not watched which I don’t get… if you watched something and I don’t agree with your thoughts I can’t argue with that as we all have different opinions…it is what makes us unique

For instance I am watching Ahsoka and I don’t really care for it, but I keep quiet about it… I tried watching the animated shows and I could not get into it…so I figured I am not as informed as those that love the cartoons… Ashoka is the 2nd to worst Disney + show IMO… with Boba being the worst and Andor being the best

I do find it ironic that people who think Disney should be catering to the masses with their films now feel the opposite with this show… the amount of the general public that actually watched and enjoyed the animated shows is pretty minuscule even among old school Star Wars fans

Tony the Tigger

I’m still waking for more talk about the series?

I am also incredibly nervous/disheartened that the “season” will be over with zero idea of where to go?

They have done exactly what they said they would NOT do when they bought the thing…gone OT/EU because they came up with really nothing on their own.

You have had to watch clone wars (which is fantastic)…and rebels (not as good…but solid) to have much of any clue what is going on.

It needs a baked in audience…especially given that they’re bombing every movie and money is getting tight.

I don’t see it. Which means “season 2” and that means corner cutting and Mando kinda “let’s try this?” Progression

…IF there’s a season 2.

If you’ve been following the financials…Disney is in a hell of a lot of flux. Not that they don’t have money…it’s that they have little to no idea how to get it in the suddenly very near future.
Do you often make up a bunch of what-ifs and then fret about them years before they even *might* happen?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m still waking for more talk about the series?

…IF there’s a season 2.

FYI, rumors have been swirling around the interwebs the last week about S2 already being approved and starting development prior to the strikes.

So it does look like S2 is indeed coming at some point....

G00fyDad

I’ve made many comments about the show…but you gotta read them and not snit about the other realities.

I’m probably one of the biggest supporters of the show round here
I never said you weren't one of the biggest supporters of the show round here. I was not singling you out at all. My original point was that this is an Ahsoka tv show discussion thread and it has devolved into a debate and arguments about the originals vs prequels vs sequels, any new movies that may come out, and original actors and how CGI might look with them. It is like going off on a tangent in the Princess and the Frog/Splash Mountain thread about the merits of the movie Armageddon because it has Keith David in it. But I will stand back quietly while the debates rage on. ✌️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I never said you weren't one of the biggest supporters of the show round here. I was not singling you out at all. My original point was that this is an Ahsoka tv show discussion thread and it has devolved into a debate and arguments about the originals vs prequels vs sequels, any new movies that may come out, and original actors and how CGI might look with them. It is like going off on a tangent in the Princess and the Frog/Splash Mountain thread about the merits of the movie Armageddon because it has Keith David in it. But I will stand back quietly while the debates rage on. ✌️
Hey…it could be a lot worse.

The attendance thread delved into customs/immigration/border patrol for about 2 days 😎

Truth be told - it’s a lot better for everyone if more people came to threads like these and posted. It means you would hear less from me. 🤐

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FYI, rumors have been swirling around the interwebs the last week about S2 already being approved and starting development prior to the strikes.

So it does look like S2 is indeed coming at some point....
…that’s great.

Cause I’ll have something to watch right after I get back from watching the Patti Jenkins Rogue Squadron in Dolby Digital 🍿😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom