Ahsoka D+ Show (Spoiler Thread)

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I watched one…debating whether to go to 2 or sleep on it?

First impression? It’s like somebody told Dave filoni: “pretty much do everything you’re ever wanted to do…”

Not a bad idea
To be honest you could probably sleep on it. I think 2 had a little more action but nothing major happens

MoonRakerSCM

I'm concerned that Thrawn isn't already 'back'. Why is it known that he's a threat? Lets be honest, in Disney's new canon... Thrawn hasn't done 'too' much before he got whaled. Why are groups with thus far no apparent Imperial connection set on bringing Thrawn back, without having communed with him? Witches and 'not' sith jedi just betting if they bring back Thrawn from an area he is and he'll give them power in his new empire?

Why does a map hidden in an ancient temple know where thrawn is? Or why do involved parties know this ancient map knows where Thrawn is?

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
I'm concerned that Thrawn isn't already 'back'. Why is it known that he's a threat?
My leap would be in his history as a Imperial leader, if there were rumors of him returning, I would be concerned as well.
Lets be honest, in Disney's new canon... Thrawn hasn't done 'too' much before he got whaled. Why are groups with thus far no apparent Imperial connection set on bringing Thrawn back, without having communed with him? Witches and 'not' sith jedi just betting if they bring back Thrawn from an area he is...
We know from Mando that Morgan Elsbeth is a “pawn” of Thrawn’s. In Ahsoka it’s slightly elaborated that they worked closely together, but we don’t know doing what.

It seems these “not Jedi” are working for Morgan, for some reason… as Baylan says, power, more than you could ever dream of.

As the episode and the sequel trilogy showed us, there were still many people loyal to the empire/imperial rule.

Those people want to bring Thrawn back.
Why does a map hidden in an ancient temple know where thrawn is? Or why do involved parties know this ancient map knows where Thrawn is?
Kind of to what I was saying above, Morgan was close with Thrawn, and for some reason she knew where this map was hidden.

I’m sure we will learn more as the series goes on. The last time we saw Thrawn on screen was the finale of Rebels.

doctornick

I wasn’t really thrilled with the entire map thing. If someone relevant had a map to Thrawn wouldn’t they just go there and get him? Why would a map be created and put into a temple seemingly as though it was there for eons? I feel like it would have played better as an encoded message from Thrawn or something like that.

Also they used “find a map and follow it” in both Ep 7 and 9. So kinda done with that a bit.

(I liked it overall just not that part of the plot.)

doctornick

BTW was it ever implied in Rebels that Sabine was Force sensitive? I know this show indicated her Force use was subpar (if there’s anything there), but I just remember her being taught to the the Darksaber more just about sword wielding, not in terms of being a Jedi. Can anyone be trained as a Jedi?

vikescaper

While I was watching the episodes I started to wonder what happened to Sabine’s family during the Mandalorian purge. It seemed as if she gave up the Mandalorian “lifestyle” as she was no longer wearing her armor until the end of the second episode.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
BTW was it ever implied in Rebels that Sabine was Force sensitive? I know this show indicated her Force use was subpar (if there’s anything there), but I just remember her being taught to the the Darksaber more just about sword wielding, not in terms of being a Jedi. Can anyone be trained as a Jedi?
I’m with you on this one. I don’t believe it was ever implied that she was force sensitive. I thought it was more of the Darksaber wielding similar to Bo. The whole Master/Padawn thing with her and Ahsoka also seems new…

Wondering how they’ll expand upon this. As to if “anyone” can be a Jedi, I feel that it’s been implied one must be force sensitive.

MagicHappens1971

Original Poster
Found these articles…

This is one written more off opinion that leans towards her not being force sensitive.

This is another that kinda sits in the middle on that question but does use quotes from Filoni & Lucas in justifying “can anyone use the force” “is Sabine force sensitive” etc discussions.

MoonRakerSCM

1692762077432.png

MoonRakerSCM

Overall, it was ok. I'm interested to see where it goes, but I have some reservations.

Also, curious about the thought of Thrawn having been outside of the galaxy... would Disney dare go down their own road involving the Yuuzhan Vong? Thrawn was involved with that a bit in the EU...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I see some criticism:

“If you’re not a Star Wars superfan…you’ll be lost…”

There’s a word for that: progress

Are they learning yet? Because the franchise on stream that’s really gaining momentum is Star Trek

And paramount is leaning into it.

…which may just be crazy enough to work?

sedati

I enjoyed it, though it did feel like the laying of a lot of groundwork. I still can't get over the production quality of these shows (Obi-Wan regrettably excluded) the production scope is beyond what I ever hoped to see on tv. So many shots and scenes that belong on an Imax screen. Correllia in particular looked amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom