A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
That slide show was just beautiful. Beautiful i tell you!! Thank you for sharing that and your special day with us! :)

This trip is the whole family! My parents, sister's family, and some friends. We have two two bedroom villas. 3 weeks from tomorrow!!:sohappy:

I'm so glad you jumped in! It's worth it! You'll get faster too! :)

Thanks, Tammy!! I love that you are able to do so many trips like that with the whole family - it's just so exciting. We can never get my brother and his family on board for anything it seems.

While I'm loving manual... I'm getting the itch for a new camera now. :lookaroun The one I have is starting to feel very limiting.

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you so much Holly for sharing your special day with all of us! It was truly magical and I felt like I was right there with you the whole time.

I love your last picture, I have a way I wanted to describe it but it's really hard to put it into words.

Thanks for the incredible journey, now its onto the next three trip reports for you! haha and maybe I'll see ya soon at the end of September since I read on another thread you are going for the marathon on Oct 1! :D and me and my mom will be there that week! :sohappy:

Adventure

Ok, I think I've followed all your trip reports and am so sad that this one is finally over.
Holly, I think you and Brett should send in a tape to get on to The Amazing Race. I think you guys would be America's favorites and we could follow you around the whole world and not just Disney World.
Congrats on your wedding and look forward to many more trip reports.

lisak09

The slideshow was absolutely beautiful & left me in tears. Best TR ever:). Congratulations you make a lovely couple:)

minnielaw

OMG!! Just finished the last of the trip report and am sobbing after the amazing slide show :sohappy:

I must confess that A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes was my first experience reading a trip report at WDWMAGIC....and WOW it will never be topped!! You had me hooked from the first post and I have been reading along ever since...eagerly awaiting the next post. I have even called my husband in to look at the photos and he WILL be watching the slide show (along with my two boys) this evening.

What a priceless gift you have given yourself....a legacy to pass down to your children and grandchildren. How many people have such a detailed account of their wedding planning, wedding day and honeymoon?? I join in with the all the other members in saying "Thank you so much for allowing me to come along on and enjoy vicariously your unforgettable day!" I am a divorce attorney and spend my days listening to husbands and wives tear each other apart, try to use their children to hurt each other and listen to the sobs of the wronged spouses....so thank you for giving me faith in the institution of marriage and giving me something happy to look forward to each evening!!

Since I began reading your trip report I have also discovered so many others that I have devoured while waiting for your next post....blackthidot (I SO get his dry wit and love his food !), the super cute Brickers (jaw dropping photography and extremely entertaining narration from Tom!), MillerPoppins (can anyone be any sweeter and enthusiastic about WDW...anxiously awaiting the outcome of Star Tours!) and my newest discoveries sweetpea (Kelly-whose "tell it like it REALLY is" attitude is so dear to my Kentucky girl heart! I have just started on her most recent trip report and cannot wait to get to know her better!), Disneyfalcon (only read one cruise report yet, but loving it!) and foreverbelle (hooked on the trip with her two year old son....too cute!) I am excited because I know there are many more that I have yet to discover. It really make me feel connected to WDW until my trip in 420 days. :(

OK...enough rambling...I actually became a member of WDWMAGIC just so that I could comment on the trip report. No more quietly reading from my chair, I am going to participate....although everyone probably wishes I would shut up! :brick: I guess I"ll learn to abbreviate my thoughts over time!

Remember it's not the end...but a new beginning that will hopefully someday include your child's first trip and trips with grandparents! Good luck and God bless!!!

DisneyRed95

Holly! What an amazing trip report! And it wasn't just a "report." This was your real life journey! It's so special you shared it with us!

Your slideshow was adorable. I smiled the entire time watching all your pictures. What great memories!!!

Congratulations again on your marriage and on starting a new chapter in life!!!

Spingal

Holly,

All I can say is...........WOW!!! :sohappy::sohappy: What an amazing thread!! I enjoyed it sooo much. Your pictures are fantastic and I feel like I was part of the wedding.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this. Congratulations to you and Brett. I wish you every happiness and a life full of joy and many many trips to WDW! Till we "meet" again on either a Princess cruises or WDW thread.............:wave::wave:

All the best,
Jamie

NewfieFan

Amazing right to the end! And I loved the slide show (you couldn't smack the smile off my face while I was watching it)!

Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying your happily ever after! I look forward to your 5, 10, 15, etc. year anniversary vow renewals at WDW... :lookaroun

:D

sweetpee_1993

The burning question is how many of us were singing along to 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride"?

((((raises hand))))

And I know I wasn't the only one! :lol:

erstwo

What?????? It's OVER and I missed it??? How can this have happened? I mean, I personally must have accounted for almost 30,000 of these 100,000 views! :lol:

I must say that I loved it. Every second of it! What special memories and how lucky are we that you decided to share them with us?

I saw a bride & groom in the Magic Kingdom on Thursday - which first of all, how she was surviving in that dress and that heat is beyond me! but they were making the rounds having their picture taken by Photopass photographers. Is it just because they were utilizing Photopass that they were able to take pictures in the parks? You just couldn't take your own photographer into the parks is that correct?

Additionally, we had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and when we passed by Basin I thought of you & Brett. I suppose that the image of you two in your wedding attire & aprons :lol: mixing your candles will always be what I see when I look through those windows. :D

Thank you again Holly! It really has been a fairy tale!

becanya

Ah Holly...your last post made me cry. Not a huge surprise. But I remember your post from your lonely hotel room, and I remember being able to feel your emotions because I remember feeling them myself 10 yrs ago. Thanks for sharing. It has been a great journey.

Dianarella

Thank you so much Holly & Brett for allowing us into your lives!

I felt like a guest at your Wedding and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of your special day.

Best wishes for a life full of love & laughter!

Dreams really do come true.

popsicletrees

Beautiful report, Holly. You even made me get all teary-eyed, especially towards the end. I am very happy for you and Brett. All the best!

pcrum

Simply a wonderful trip report!! The slide show at the end had me in tears!! My husband asked what I was watching and when I told him photos of a wedding, he asked, "Do we know these people?" "Well, technically, no," I explained, however through your wonderful trip reports I know I am not the only one who feels they truly "know" you and Brett! Best wishes for a wonderful life together! What could be even more special than a Disney wedding...you will see when you take your first child to WDW...that is when the tears come again, seeing the "World" through the eyes of a young child!

Thanks for the suggestion of joining the Tables in Wonderland for the discount at V & A. We had a membership way back when it was called "Disney Dining," long before Disney started the Disney Dining plan they have now. Back then, I think it excluded V & A, so I'm glad to hear that Tables in Wonderland gives you the discount! Something to think about!

Thanks again for an outstanding trip report. I know the cruise site will love it too!

Pam

accord99cutie

Premium Member
So I finally got to reading the end of your report, and I loved every bit of it! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! And congratulations once again to you and Brett!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thank you so much Holly for sharing your special day with all of us! It was truly magical and I felt like I was right there with you the whole time.

I love your last picture, I have a way I wanted to describe it but it's really hard to put it into words.

Thanks for the incredible journey, now its onto the next three trip reports for you! haha and maybe I'll see ya soon at the end of September since I read on another thread you are going for the marathon on Oct 1! and me and my mom will be there that week!

Thanks, Jess. Oddly enough, that last shot of the button with the palm trees of Sunset Pointe in the background is one of my very favorites. I LOVED those buttons. :D

It appears that lots of people are going to be around that weekend. If you see two people hobbling around… that’s probably us. Although, we’re already doing much better in terms of training for this one than our last couple, so we’ll see. :lookaroun

Ok, I think I've followed all your trip reports and am so sad that this one is finally over.
Holly, I think you and Brett should send in a tape to get on to The Amazing Race. I think you guys would be America's favorites and we could follow you around the whole world and not just Disney World.
Congrats on your wedding and look forward to many more trip reports.

Aww, thanks, Adventure! Funny you should mention the Amazing Race. We were big fans of the show back in the early seasons (not so much anymore though) when they used to get to do so many fun/daring things (and cast people that weren’t caricatures/stereotypes). In fact, we even applied a few times back in the day. We’ve surmised that they’d never pick us because we wouldn’t deliver knock down, drag out fights. We actually work very well as a team and that wouldn’t make for good tv, I’m guessing. :lol:

The slideshow was absolutely beautiful & left me in tears. Best TR ever. Congratulations you make a lovely couple

Thank you so much, Lisak!

OMG!! Just finished the last of the trip report and am sobbing after the amazing slide show

I must confess that A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes was my first experience reading a trip report at WDWMAGIC....and WOW it will never be topped!! You had me hooked from the first post and I have been reading along ever since...eagerly awaiting the next post. I have even called my husband in to look at the photos and he WILL be watching the slide show (along with my two boys) this evening.

What a priceless gift you have given yourself....a legacy to pass down to your children and grandchildren. How many people have such a detailed account of their wedding planning, wedding day and honeymoon?? I join in with the all the other members in saying "Thank you so much for allowing me to come along on and enjoy vicariously your unforgettable day!" I am a divorce attorney and spend my days listening to husbands and wives tear each other apart, try to use their children to hurt each other and listen to the sobs of the wronged spouses....so thank you for giving me faith in the institution of marriage and giving me something happy to look forward to each evening!!

Since I began reading your trip report I have also discovered so many others that I have devoured while waiting for your next post....blackthidot (I SO get his dry wit and love his food !), the super cute Brickers (jaw dropping photography and extremely entertaining narration from Tom!), MillerPoppins (can anyone be any sweeter and enthusiastic about WDW...anxiously awaiting the outcome of Star Tours!) and my newest discoveries sweetpea (Kelly-whose "tell it like it REALLY is" attitude is so dear to my Kentucky girl heart! I have just started on her most recent trip report and cannot wait to get to know her better!), Disneyfalcon (only read one cruise report yet, but loving it!) and foreverbelle (hooked on the trip with her two year old son....too cute!) I am excited because I know there are many more that I have yet to discover. It really make me feel connected to WDW until my trip in 420 days.

OK...enough rambling...I actually became a member of WDWMAGIC just so that I could comment on the trip report. No more quietly reading from my chair, I am going to participate....although everyone probably wishes I would shut up! I guess I"ll learn to abbreviate my thoughts over time!

Remember it's not the end...but a new beginning that will hopefully someday include your child's first trip and trips with grandparents! Good luck and God bless!!!

MinnieLaw! Thank you so much for all your kind words and well wishes. I’m honored that my trip report spurred you to start participating. This really is an amazing community of people! The folks you mentioned, along with some others you’ll discover, really are the best of the best when it comes to trip reports. Hopefully you’ll even go so far as to join in and post your own one day.

I’m really excited over the prospect of looking back and rereading this trip report in the future. I’ve already reread so many of my past reports, and they’re a surprisingly great way to nail down those memories and feelings. I look forward to the day when we, hopefully, have children to take to the World. I know there is a whole new Disney World to discover. The future is bright!

Welcome to WDWmagic… I’m so glad you decided to join us here! :sohappy:

Holly! What an amazing trip report! And it wasn't just a "report." This was your real life journey! It's so special you shared it with us!

Your slideshow was adorable. I smiled the entire time watching all your pictures. What great memories!!!

Congratulations again on your marriage and on starting a new chapter in life!!!

Thank you so much, Krista. I tried to be as organic with the “feelings” parts of the trip report because I wanted it to embody the journey that we were/are on. So I’m glad it came through that way.

Holly,

All I can say is...........WOW!!! What an amazing thread!! I enjoyed it sooo much. Your pictures are fantastic and I feel like I was part of the wedding.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this. Congratulations to you and Brett. I wish you every happiness and a life full of joy and many many trips to WDW! Till we "meet" again on either a Princess cruises or WDW thread.............

All the best,
Jamie

You know, I wonder exactly how much time it took to write it all?! :lookaroun Or maybe I don’t want to know. I’m just glad that you and so many others felt like they were right there with us. It really is the greatest compliment. Thank you, Jamie! And thank you for hopping on over here and joining us!

Amazing right to the end! And I loved the slide show (you couldn't smack the smile off my face while I was watching it)!

Congratulations! I hope you're enjoying your happily ever after! I look forward to your 5, 10, 15, etc. year anniversary vow renewals at WDW...

Thank you so much, Newfie! You know, I don’t think there will be any vow renewals (in the sense of an event) in our future. Don’t get me wrong, I have every intention of celebrating our anniversaries fully (hopefully in Disney style as much as possible :)) and taking time to recognize why we chose to get married in the first place, but honestly, we had our dream wedding… so I don’t see the need to make an event out of a future anniversary. Of course, I could always change my mind, but right now I really don’t think that’ll happen.

The burning question is how many of us were singing along to 'Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride"?

((((raises hand))))

And I know I wasn't the only one!

(((((raises hand)))) count me in!

I was sooooo singing along and crying at the same time! So sweet!

(((raises hand))) Every. Single. Time.

What?????? It's OVER and I missed it??? How can this have happened? I mean, I personally must have accounted for almost 30,000 of these 100,000 views!

I must say that I loved it. Every second of it! What special memories and how lucky are we that you decided to share them with us?

I saw a bride & groom in the Magic Kingdom on Thursday - which first of all, how she was surviving in that dress and that heat is beyond me! but they were making the rounds having their picture taken by Photopass photographers. Is it just because they were utilizing Photopass that they were able to take pictures in the parks? You just couldn't take your own photographer into the parks is that correct?

Additionally, we had dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe and when we passed by Basin I thought of you & Brett. I suppose that the image of you two in your wedding attire & aprons mixing your candles will always be what I see when I look through those windows.

Thank you again Holly! It really has been a fairy tale!

You’re really getting some miles out of those annual passes this year, Erin! Yay for being back in the Magic Kingdom again. :sohappy: Will we be getting another fabulous trip report?!

Okay so, the bride and groom in the MK? With just a photopass photographer? Something sounds out of place with that. You’re right about not being able to take your own photographer into the parks (this is why we asked our planner if we could take pictures *in front* of the MK… and we weren’t even sure that would fly). There are some very strict rules about bridal attire and the parks. You must have an event guide, and a whole host of other things working in your favor (including some green $$). Plus, I’m fairly certain Disney Event Photography handles all of that, not photopass. Now, you’ve got me super curious about how they managed to swing such a thing. Hmmm…

I feel the same way about Basin! Isn’t it funny though, how we (the collective wdwmagic community) think of one another in different places, and such?! I really do feel like I know so many of you.

Thank you again for coming along with us on the journey… and don’t worry, I’ve already forgiven you for wearing your t-shirt and sweats to the ceremony. :lol:

Ah Holly...your last post made me cry. Not a huge surprise. But I remember your post from your lonely hotel room, and I remember being able to feel your emotions because I remember feeling them myself 10 yrs ago. Thanks for sharing. It has been a great journey.

Thanks so much, Becca. And thank you for all your insight at the beginning!

'nuff said

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, jhoff! Sorry I had to delete all your smileys! :lol:

Thank you so much Holly & Brett for allowing us into your lives!

I felt like a guest at your Wedding and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of your special day.

Best wishes for a life full of love & laughter!

Dreams really do come true.

They do! They really, really do! Thank you for joining us, Diana!

Beautiful report, Holly. You even made me get all teary-eyed, especially towards the end. I am very happy for you and Brett. All the best!

Thanks so much, Rachel!

I absolutely loved the TR! Thank you so much for sharing it Holly

Thanks, Joanna! I appreciate it.

Simply a wonderful trip report!! The slide show at the end had me in tears!! My husband asked what I was watching and when I told him photos of a wedding, he asked, "Do we know these people?" "Well, technically, no," I explained, however through your wonderful trip reports I know I am not the only one who feels they truly "know" you and Brett! Best wishes for a wonderful life together! What could be even more special than a Disney wedding...you will see when you take your first child to WDW...that is when the tears come again, seeing the "World" through the eyes of a young child!

Thanks for the suggestion of joining the Tables in Wonderland for the discount at V & A. We had a membership way back when it was called "Disney Dining," long before Disney started the Disney Dining plan they have now. Back then, I think it excluded V & A, so I'm glad to hear that Tables in Wonderland gives you the discount! Something to think about!

Thanks again for an outstanding trip report. I know the cruise site will love it too!

Pam

Thank you, Pam! I love your “well, technically, no” comment. I swear I’m doing that all the time. Really though, I communicate with some people on here more frequently than most of my high school and college buddies. Funny how that works.

We first started getting the card when it was still called the Disney Dining Experience, but I guess that caused too much confusion with the blasted dining plan. I didn’t realize Vicky’s was a fairly new addition to it. I know a lot of other restaurants (Bluezoo comes to mind) have hopped on board in recent years.

Ahhh… I can’t wait to see the World through a little ones eyes!

And I’m hoping to hop on over and post the cruise portion sometime this week. I think I’m going to put it all up in one fell swoop! We’ll see how that goes.

So I finally got to reading the end of your report, and I loved every bit of it! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! And congratulations once again to you and Brett!
Thank you so much! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed sharing it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom