A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

TakeMeThere81

At some point mid-way through the show, Stitch appeared on the front screen with one of my favorite lines ever, “Ohana means family!” Waahhhhhh. :cry: :lol: I was already a wreck that night, but it was all over for me at that point. I couldn’t hold the tears back any longer - they were happy tears, sad tears, and bittersweet ones, as well. One squeeze of Brett’s hand and I looked over to see that he may or may not have had tears streaming down his cheeks, too. It was one of those rare little moments when time stands still and the important things in life become astoundingly clear. Here we were, in this sea of people, quietly experiencing a moment that was for the two of us alone. It was magical. I’m as sappy as they come, and there was something about watching The Magic, Memories, and You for the first time ever, with the man of my dreams, my husband, on the final night of what could only be described as the most fabulous Disney wedding/honeymoon extravaganza EVER that in one instant made me feel like the luckiest person in the entire world.

Wonderful Holly. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!! I could totally imagine all that you described being me there sqeezing my Honey Bunch. *sigh* Just some of the best of life!

THIS is exactly why I think we all love Disney as much as we do. That feeling is one of the best feelings in the world.

I have to agree. I mean, it is hard to believe anyone would not understand this but that's ok. It is these moments that keep us coming back again and again! :eek:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
That whole section about the MM&Y... yup, definitely sitting at my desk at work with tears in my eyes. Thank goodness no co-workers can see me!!

I am in the same boat as you with Spectro... Gets me every time!! That and Wishes.. I'm a mess after Wishes! In May I tried to wear my sunglasses so maybe no one would see my crying but then i just looked silly... Couldn't really pull off the sunglasses at night look!!

That is hilarious... I always get choked up with Illuminations and sometimes I wonder if the people around me are like "What the hell is wrong with that girl!?" Maybe I should try your trick with the sunglasses, then they'd just think "That girl must think she is soooo much cooler than she really is!"

Probably best not trying to describe the welling tears to the office folks. Unless they're Disney fans, they sooooo wouldn't get it!

I'm still reading and loving every minute of it!

The scene you described got to me too! I think MM&Y is great and I had tears in my eyes when it came to an end and Walt says, "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!" I remember standing there with my husband and two kiddies thinking I was the luckiest girl to have a happy place to share with my family.

I love Spectro too and can't wait for it to come back. MSEP was fun to see once for a change but that's it... give me Spectro again!

(I also don't get the Wizard of Oz either - odd movie!)

Yeah that quote at the end, along with the whole section following Stitch's experience... lump in the throat EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I'm not one who ever saw MSEP, so I didn't have any nostalgic ties to it and to be honest, after experiencing the joy that is Spectro, MSEP does absolutely nothing for me.

(so incredibly weird).

We're exactly the same way with stuff like that...but I'll warn you...just wait until your first trip with kids! When we took our daughter last summer (7 months) we were watching the castle show. When the princesses came out to waltz, I started dancing with her and the next thing I knew I was all choked up! I was dancing with my baby in front of the castle...I was TOAST! Chrissy had the video camera out and I thouight "awesome to have this moment on film"..only later did I realize she was taping the the show and not us! Oh well...I won't forget!

What will this forum do when your report has ended?? A moment of silence, perhaps...

OMG. I got chills reading about your *waltz* with your daughter! I can't wait for those little moments.

I'm a list keeper... and lemme tell you, I so can't wait to "check off" this trip report! :lol:

OMG! The entire set?! I love the Muppets with my whole entire heart. I do. They take me back to the earlier part of my childhood when everything was still okay. And my grampa was a fan. Grampa totally "got" the awesomeness of those witty little puppets. Love love love 'em. I gotta ask, tho, does Gonzo have a white hen to keep him company??? If not, I know exactly what I want to send you!

Okay. So like everyone else this paragraph really got me. This bit is a testament to your writing ability, sweetie. We were right there with ya and we know exactly what that moment was like. Oh yeah. I love love love when these moments present themselves in life but especially at WDW. I hope to capture a little of that kinda magic myself on our anniversary trip.

I think the MM&Y show is one thing I'm especially looking forward. I'm glad you offered up the killer tip to take the time to get up close to the castle. I'll definitely be doing that.

I've never heard anyone describe the Grand Marn Slushie as orange creamsicle. Orange creamsicle is one of Tracey's absolute favorite tastes so maybe I'll be able to liquor him up & take advantage of him. WooHOOO! Gotta love these little info "gifts". :lol:

Okay...so continue on........ I'm ready to see this one thru.

Yep... the entire set! I believe I was writing trip reports before we purchased the first one (I'm almost certain that was the Swedish Chef, July 09), so maybe I should take the time to look back and see when we picked them all up. No, unfortunately, Gonzo doesn't have a hen, or a chicken, with him. We'll still be checking in at the Stage One Company store for Sam Eagle. Brett swears they used to sell him, so maybe, just maybe, they'll bring him back one day. One can only hope!

I'm soooo glad the emotion came through in my words. And yes, you absolutely have to get front and center for it. I've since watched it from just behind the partners statue, the bridge to Tomorrowland, and near the Plaza on Main Street... all great, but none of them fully envelope you like being front and center. It's worth missing the bursts on Wishes. Really.

Funny story... I got off work early on Tuesday, so I decided to spend that time wrapping up this part of the trip report. Well, Brett called me as I was in the midst of writing that paragraph and he was like "What's wrong?! Is everything okay?" when he heard my cracking voice. "Oh yeah... I'm just writing my trip report, Love! Life is good!!" He may have said something along the lines of "Those things are really starting to stress you out!" :ROFLOL: before he realized which part of the report I was writing.

Shannon (Ariel484) gets credit for the orange creamsicle shoutout... but she's spot on. So I say slip a few Tracey's way and then send the kids to the pool for a late night swim. Did I go too far? Nah. :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Wonderful Holly. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!! I could totally imagine all that you described being me there sqeezing my Honey Bunch. *sigh* Just some of the best of life!

I have to agree. I mean, it is hard to believe anyone would not understand this but that's ok. It is these moments that keep us coming back again and again! :eek:

Thanks, Melanee..."the best of life" is right!

I gotta say... I'm so incredibly happy to have everyone around here who "gets it." You all rock my face off! :D

sweetpee_1993

Shannon (Ariel484) gets credit for the orange creamsicle shoutout... but she's spot on. So I say slip a few Tracey's way and then send the kids to the pool for a late night swim. Did I go too far? Nah. :lol:

Nah. For the record, we budget a couple hundred bucks in arcade cards for alone time.... :lol:

I agree with everyone else: Holly, you really write the best trip reports! Have just enjoyed following along and reading the whole thing!

Just a few things I was thinking as I was reading.....

I just love your mirror shots. I must remember to do this when we go back.

I'm totally jealous of your GMR and IASM shots. NOTE TO SELF: MUST BUY DSLR SOON!! :lol:

Can you believe that we went to Les Chefs de France to eat on our last trip (June this year) and didn't try a Grand Marnier Slush? I know they don't sell them there but still, we were in France and didn't try one! UGH! MUST-TRY for next trip!

I've totally fallen in love with WL from your pictures. I think we must stay there next year, if at all possible!

Last, but not least: I'm as sappy as they come, too! I totally understand about your moment with Brett in front of The Castle. Maybe non-Disney fans don't get it, but I totally do. I've choked up during Wishes before.....I mean, with the fireworks blasting away as loud as possible and I'm :cry: How weird am I? :hammer::lol:

diddy_mouse

Thanks, Erin. I believe that very moment topped both our lists of favorite things on the entire Disneymoon. I LOVE stuff like that. I haven't felt such an emotional pull to a *show* since first seeing Illuminations seven years ago!

The boats! We should take the boats more often, and especially at that time of day. It's just so beautiful and serene.

I hope you have a better day, today!

I remember the first time we saw Wishes, it was the same day that Brandon proposed. Needless to say when the first line of the show came on I was pretty much gone. :lol: I had never felt such a connection to a show, even with the classic Disney songs I'd heard before. The lyrics began to take on a whole new meaning for me and I still think back to that night every time wee watch those fireworks. I think the other show that surprised me with how emotional I got was the Holiday Tag on IllumiNations. Good lord! I was a teary mess through that whole dang thing! What was even more hilarious was that I was filming it and you can totally hear me sniffling on the video.

YES! Boats are the best! Although I do agree with what you said about the Friendship ones at Epcot...we don't take them either because we feel like we're being lazy. :lookaroun

Thanks for the positive vibes, girlie! <3 Today ended up being better.

HouCuseChickie

We also really enjoyed the boats- really at any time of day. It felt far more relaxing than the bus.

Loved all the Victoria and Albert's info/food/stories/you name it! I really want to do this with DH someday, but I think we're going to need to appreciate wine more to get the full effect. I could see DH asking if they offered a single malt scotch pairing option in place of the wine pairing. :lol: I guess at least the Grand Marnier slush in France is something I'd drink! :D Looked mighty tasty!!!:slurp:

plaz10

Ok it's 9:12am sitting in my office with tears in my eyes. What a start to the morning! I love every little bit of the TR and it's solidifying that we absolutely MUST do a few days at Disney for our honeymoon before venturing off to some island or whatnot. The wedding is scheduled for 2013...so we've got plenty of time for me to talk him into that!

I totally get what you mean about Illuminations making you teary each trip...only mine is Fantasmic!, Wishes and when the narration starts on Spaceship Earth. I don't know what it is but it's that feeling of "You're AT Disney" and it gets me every time.

I'm sad to see this trip report come to a close. BUT I'm so excited for the 3(!!!!) trip reports to follow! And again..for the umteenth time...I'm waiting for pics from Bill's sister then I promise, PROMISE to start my TR! It's only 2 months late...:lookaroun

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I agree with everyone else: Holly, you really write the best trip reports! Have just enjoyed following along and reading the whole thing!

Just a few things I was thinking as I was reading.....

I just love your mirror shots. I must remember to do this when we go back.

I'm totally jealous of your GMR and IASM shots. NOTE TO SELF: MUST BUY DSLR SOON!!

Can you believe that we went to Les Chefs de France to eat on our last trip (June this year) and didn't try a Grand Marnier Slush? I know they don't sell them there but still, we were in France and didn't try one! UGH! MUST-TRY for next trip!

I've totally fallen in love with WL from your pictures. I think we must stay there next year, if at all possible!

Last, but not least: I'm as sappy as they come, too! I totally understand about your moment with Brett in front of The Castle. Maybe non-Disney fans don't get it, but I totally do. I've choked up during Wishes before.....I mean, with the fireworks blasting away as loud as possible and I'm How weird am I?

Thanks, Beth, that really means alot! The Wilderness Lodge is a decent value (in Disney terms) for a deluxe resort. Both it and the AKL cost significantly less than the other deluxes on property so I would definitely recommend it. The boat to the MK only adds to it's amazingness!

One great thing about Disney, is there's always something new to do next time. This was my 22nd trip and the first time for a Grand Marnier slush! I love that there's always something new to experience.

To answer your question, apparently, not weird at all! :D Look how many of us on here can relate. Sure, to the general population we might be weirdos, but they just don't know what they're missing!

I remember the first time we saw Wishes, it was the same day that Brandon proposed. Needless to say when the first line of the show came on I was pretty much gone. I had never felt such a connection to a show, even with the classic Disney songs I'd heard before. The lyrics began to take on a whole new meaning for me and I still think back to that night every time wee watch those fireworks. I think the other show that surprised me with how emotional I got was the Holiday Tag on IllumiNations. Good lord! I was a teary mess through that whole dang thing! What was even more hilarious was that I was filming it and you can totally hear me sniffling on the video.

YES! Boats are the best! Although I do agree with what you said about the Friendship ones at Epcot...we don't take them either because we feel like we're being lazy.

Thanks for the positive vibes, girlie! <3 Today ended up being better.

I can't imagine seeing Wishes for the FIRST TIME right after a proposal. I've got chills just thinking about how much of an emotional tie you must have to that show!

As for the Holiday Tag on Illuminations... yeah, it's uhhh-mazing! Funny that you can hear your sniffles on the video, I guess that just makes it a more authentic representation of the night. :lol:

We also really enjoyed the boats- really at any time of day. It felt far more relaxing than the bus.

Loved all the Victoria and Albert's info/food/stories/you name it! I really want to do this with DH someday, but I think we're going to need to appreciate wine more to get the full effect. I could see DH asking if they offered a single malt scotch pairing option in place of the wine pairing. I guess at least the Grand Marnier slush in France is something I'd drink! Looked mighty tasty!!!

Definitely more relaxing than the bus, and the monorail, too, to some extent. I can't believe I'm saying this, but the monorail has lost a little of it's luster for me. Not always, but sometimes it just feels like transportation. Whereas the boats, the boats are still an experience to me.

They may not have a scotch "pairing" but I'd bet they offer some of the best damn scotch you could find! :lol: That place is as opulent as they come.

Now I really want to try the Grand Marnier drink! It sounds soooooo good!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Ok it's 9:12am sitting in my office with tears in my eyes. What a start to the morning! I love every little bit of the TR and it's solidifying that we absolutely MUST do a few days at Disney for our honeymoon before venturing off to some island or whatnot. The wedding is scheduled for 2013...so we've got plenty of time for me to talk him into that!

I totally get what you mean about Illuminations making you teary each trip...only mine is Fantasmic!, Wishes and when the narration starts on Spaceship Earth. I don't know what it is but it's that feeling of "You're AT Disney" and it gets me every time.

I'm sad to see this trip report come to a close. BUT I'm so excited for the 3(!!!!) trip reports to follow! And again..for the umteenth time...I'm waiting for pics from Bill's sister then I promise, PROMISE to start my TR! It's only 2 months late...:lookaroun

What's this you say about a wedding?! I have yet to hear about an engagement! :lol: :animwink: Seriously though, I'm soooooo excited for you. And yes, a few days at Disney is a must for your honeymoon.

I'm not one to talk anyway, my next trip report is going to be at least four months late! A good trip report is still a good trip report, regardless! :D

disneygirl1

Finally ALL cought Up!! Amazing report as alway Holly!! :sohappy: we are planning on grabbing breakfast at Starring rolls on our upcoming trip, but I am afraid it may be too packed for us too so writers shop is our back up plan! You can use snack credits from the dining plan there right?

OMG the castle looks amazing during the slide show! I am a little skeptical about the show too! Can't wait to see it in person.

LeeSeeBabe

Holly,

What a fantastic adventure!! I just started reading your TR yesterday evening and could NOT stop. I am actually glad that I just now picked up on it because I know it would have been suspenseful waiting for each post!!

There are so many things I wanted to comment on along the way, it really feels like we are on the journey with you! Your whole experience was truly magical (even the not-so-magical moments... as time passes they will become integral parts to "Your Story").

You and Brett seem just like my hubby Kevin and I at Disney (I, however, can only handle my basic Canon digital camera... but your report has really strengthened my desire to get into "actual" photography!)! My hubby and I spent our Honeymoon at WDW last September, 2010 (he is just as big a fanatic as I)... I just kept putting off posting a TR and then it was just too late. That is one thing I really wish I had made sure I stuck to, I even began to write it and then got busy with school. :brick: This TR will be so special for you two to be able to look back on.

We will be making the WDW journey for our 1st anniversary and I will most definitely be sharing our TR this time!!

Can't wait for your final morning post! :wave:

What is this new show?!?!?!?!

Finally caught up with the trip report, very well done! I so very wish I had a photobucket to link for pics on mine. Other than that, I don't know how to link pics like that. We're going to disney for a weekend in August and I was going to make a quick TR. Unfortunately I often get caught up in the moment and forget to take an actual camera and end up taking pictures with the good old trusty iPhone.

Congrats again on the wedding!

sweetpee_1993

Finally caught up with the trip report, very well done! I so very wish I had a photobucket to link for pics on mine. Other than that, I don't know how to link pics like that. We're going to disney for a weekend in August and I was going to make a quick TR. Unfortunately I often get caught up in the moment and forget to take an actual camera and end up taking pictures with the good old trusty iPhone.

You should totally get yourself a Photobucket! It's free & easy! You can use the albums as a way to file your pics so you can always go right to what you want to see. And, you can get the Photobucket app on your iPhone! Then when you take pics & video on your iPhone it's a super-snap to pop 'em into your Photobucket. With all the photography apps out there and the improved quality of the cameras in the iPhones, I totally see point & shoots being unnecessary. I think Holly would totally agree, a short trip would be a great jumping off point into TRs. So let's see & hear your next adventure!!!
:wave:

Disneyfalcon

Would you believe Brett and I both grew up as picky eaters? And neither one of us was all that adventurous with our food until we started dating. Honestly, the chefs at Vicky’s are so skilled at their craft that it was easy to trust them.

Could you imagine having to finish a vacation without your precious camera?! I’d die. Especially on a Med cruise.

I’d be checking the knot like crazy… I told myself, if the flash falls off, it’ll be okay, seeing as how it’s one of the lesser expensive gear items, and it probably needs replaced now, anyway. But I don’t know if I could risk the camera and whatever lens may be attached.

The only reason I'm still comfortable using the lens is the fact that that knot hasn't budged! In over a year and a half. Seriously, hasn't budged. I do need to get a new one though. It's silly to risk it.

And yes, I would have died if I didn't have that camera the rest of the cruise. I can just imagine walking off the plane with a new $2000 camera set up I bought somewhere in Europe. Hubby may have made me get back on the plane.:lookaroun

You were picky? That's awesome to know! I have gotten more adventurous as I've gotten older. I have also been in several dinner situations where I had to eat something I didn't like to just to avoid hurt feelings or being rude. That may have helped to.

I was so sad it was ending! But then I remembered how many times you've been back! :lol:

I love your Wilderness Lodge pics. I'm staying there in 4 weeks, can't wait!

I cracked up at your - wait while I change the lens and add a flash - for the person taking your picture. I always think about that too. Sometimes when I have a certain lens on, I know there is no way under heaven that picture is going to look decent. I just hand it over and smile. Once I handed it to a photopass person who started changing all my settings. He was so excited I was in manual and wanted to pick the settings himself. We stood there for 10 minutes while he took a picture, changed settins, and took another one. Hilarious!

We also love how DVC is not pushy. Dh would never have even considered buying in if they had been.

oommggitskait

Okay so I know I'm a little late on the V&A portion of the TR, but I'm just catching up tonight.
Holy moses. So many things to say.

First of all, LOVE that you guys got 'accidently' drunk. It's the best kind of all! I love that you both had such a great time and enjoyed the food and drink so much. The food looks amazing and your descriptions were great. I too have a Top Chef obsession and loved the Marcel nod ;) Also so crazy that the harpist was playing Ben Folds. Absolutely love that!

OH! And the email sent to the restaurant instead of you... HYSTERICAL. I remember that from your pre trip report. Mike and I always use "om noms" and "yummmmmmmmmmmms" to describe our food. I can just imagine the CM getting the email and having a good chuckle.

DIED laughing at the picture of Brett with the monacle. HILARIOUS

I know what you mean about getting all misty eyed and tearful during Wishes. SIGH.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Finally ALL cought Up!! Amazing report as alway Holly!! we are planning on grabbing breakfast at Starring rolls on our upcoming trip, but I am afraid it may be too packed for us too so writers shop is our back up plan! You can use snack credits from the dining plan there right?

OMG the castle looks amazing during the slide show! I am a little skeptical about the show too! Can't wait to see it in person.

Thanks, Reese. Starring Rolls has more selection, but the Writer's Stop is a nice quiet place to duck into if that's what you're looking for. I've never used the dining plan, so I'm not the best person to answer your question, but I've seen the little DDP logo on some of the items there, so I'm guessing that's for snacks.

Oh yeah... the technology for the show is really impressive. I definitely recommend you get up close for it!

Holly,

What a fantastic adventure!! I just started reading your TR yesterday evening and could NOT stop. I am actually glad that I just now picked up on it because I know it would have been suspenseful waiting for each post!!

There are so many things I wanted to comment on along the way, it really feels like we are on the journey with you! Your whole experience was truly magical (even the not-so-magical moments... as time passes they will become integral parts to "Your Story").

You and Brett seem just like my hubby Kevin and I at Disney (I, however, can only handle my basic Canon digital camera... but your report has really strengthened my desire to get into "actual" photography!)! My hubby and I spent our Honeymoon at WDW last September, 2010 (he is just as big a fanatic as I)... I just kept putting off posting a TR and then it was just too late. That is one thing I really wish I had made sure I stuck to, I even began to write it and then got busy with school. :brick: This TR will be so special for you two to be able to look back on.

We will be making the WDW journey for our 1st anniversary and I will most definitely be sharing our TR this time!!

Can't wait for your final morning post!

Thanks so much, LeeSeeBabe! Love the ears in your avatar, by the way. :D

Isn't it the most amazing thing to be married to someone who is just as much of a Disney fanatic as yourself? I love how much Disney is a part of our relationship.

You know what, you could totally still do a report. It's not too late, and I bet so many of your feelings/memories from that trip are still fresh enough to do so. Heck, I'm already four months and three trips past ours. :lookaroun :lol: So, I say go for it!

Have fun on your anniversary trip! I don't know if we'll be able to swing a first anniversary trip, but if we do, I fully intend to go out to Sunset Pointe and toast with a bottle of Fairytale Cuvee. Oh, how I hope we get the opportunity!

Thanks, ILMdisneyfan! Yep, Kelly is right… I totally agree with her on all counts. Photobucket is super easy (as are a myriad of other online photo hosting sites), and once you take the plunge and write a trip report, I’m sure you’ll be hooked.

The castle show that I was talking about is basically a projection show on the castle. It includes pictures of people that were taken in the park, along with the usual Disney overlay of music and characters. It plays right before Wishes, and again afterwards. So if you’re planning on seeing the fireworks anyway, just make sure you get a spot to see the show, too.

The only reason I'm still comfortable using the lens is the fact that that knot hasn't budged! In over a year and a half. Seriously, hasn't budged. I do need to get a new one though. It's silly to risk it.

And yes, I would have died if I didn't have that camera the rest of the cruise. I can just imagine walking off the plane with a new $2000 camera set up I bought somewhere in Europe. Hubby may have made me get back on the plane.

I can picture him booking a new flight for you now. :lol:

You were picky? That's awesome to know! I have gotten more adventurous as I've gotten older. I have also been in several dinner situations where I had to eat something I didn't like to just to avoid hurt feelings or being rude. That may have helped to.

Luckily, Vicky's didn't turn out to be the type of meal we had to choke down. Could you imagine paying for such an experience!? :eek:

I was so sad it was ending! But then I remembered how many times you've been back!

I love your Wilderness Lodge pics. I'm staying there in 4 weeks, can't wait!

Will this be a trip for the whole family? Or one of your fabulous girls trips?! Either way, that's super exciting.

I cracked up at your - wait while I change the lens and add a flash - for the person taking your picture. I always think about that too. Sometimes when I have a certain lens on, I know there is no way under heaven that picture is going to look decent. I just hand it over and smile. Once I handed it to a photopass person who started changing all my settings. He was so excited I was in manual and wanted to pick the settings himself. We stood there for 10 minutes while he took a picture, changed settins, and took another one. Hilarious!

We also love how DVC is not pushy. Dh would never have even considered buying in if they had been.

Speaking of manual... I jumped in head first on our May trip and haven't looked back since. I LOVE it. Granted, sometimes it takes multiple attempts, but at least I'm learning!

Okay so I know I'm a little late on the V&A portion of the TR, but I'm just catching up tonight.
Holy moses. So many things to say.

First of all, LOVE that you guys got 'accidently' drunk. It's the best kind of all! I love that you both had such a great time and enjoyed the food and drink so much. The food looks amazing and your descriptions were great. I too have a Top Chef obsession and loved the Marcel nod ;) Also so crazy that the harpist was playing Ben Folds. Absolutely love that!

OH! And the email sent to the restaurant instead of you... HYSTERICAL. I remember that from your pre trip report. Mike and I always use "om noms" and "yummmmmmmmmmmms" to describe our food. I can just imagine the CM getting the email and having a good chuckle.

DIED laughing at the picture of Brett with the monacle. HILARIOUS

I know what you mean about getting all misty eyed and tearful during Wishes. SIGH.

You are so right, Kait… accidentally drunk is the way to go! It really is the best kind of tipsy around.

Mmm… speaking of Top Chef, I can’t wait for it to return this fall. I believe it’s currently filming in Texas. Seriously, Brett and I have all intentions of hitting up some major cities just to eat at our favorite chefs’ restaurants. We actually met Blais a couple years ago, shortly after his first season. And Flip (his burger joint) is one of our favorite places to eat in Atlanta.

Don’t you have a trip coming up like, really, really soon?!? I hope you have the most magical time!

Great trip report! Congrats on the wedding!

Any more details to come? I check this site daily for updates ...

Thanks, wdwguru! I may or may not have said it before, but I love your avatar! :sohappy: Actually, the last six posts are coming up right now! Thanks for hanging in there.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Sunday, March 27: Check out/Animal Kingdom

Much like every other day of the trip, we woke up bright and early… only there was a little less pep in our step, due to it being departure day and all. Add to that, when I look back at my notebook I have absolutely nothing jotted down, but the date. I had kept up with it fairly well up to this point (and it’s a good thing too, seeing as how it’s now four months later), but it looks like I didn’t take the time to update our last day when we got home. Oh well… good thing I take a lot of pictures. Usually I have no problem remembering exactly what we did on our most recent visit, but uhhh, I’m sorta three visits behind. :lol:

We packed up, left our bags with bell services, and checked out of the resort. I only had one thing on my agenda for the day, and we decided to save it for last. First stop… the Animal Kingdom.

IMG_4600.jpg

We decided to grab a quick breakfast (more muffins!) at Pizzafari. You know, I don’t know if I’ve ever really been in there before. I vaguely recall walking through one time, but this was the first time I’ve actually taken the place in. Soooo bright and colorful!

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

We left Pizzafari and headed to Africa, where I presume we picked up a fastpass at Kilimajaro Safaris. On the way we saw one of the fairly new (at the time) Wild Africa Trek groups going out. I think this was before they really ratcheted up the price. It looks like a neat tour, but it’s probably something we’ll never do because of the price. For us, that money would be much better spent on another celebration at Victoria and Albert’s! :lookaroun Hey! We all have our priorities, right?!

IMG_4613.jpg

I recently organized all my Disney pictures into categories by parks, resorts, etc. for Violet (my iPad!). It was actually kinda cool to view them this way, rather than by trip, because it allowed me to see what areas of parks I neglect, and which parts I focus on way too much. Something else I realized throughout this process is that I really enjoy photographing the Animal Kingdom. I seem to take pictures with more variety there, than in any other park. Odd. Because I would’ve never thought this to be the case.

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

IMG_4616.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom