A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hi Holly! Just wanted to say I'm still enjoying your report - its really giving me a much needed Disney fix. This is the first year in at least 15 years I won't be heading to WDW. Your pictures of Castaway Cay are fabulous - the theming really looks top notch. The first couple pictures of Serenity Bay....aaahhhhh...

Thanks, Alissa! I can't imagine how hard it is to skip a year, but it will be a whole new experience when you go back with the little one. And that's definitely worth waiting for. :sohappy:

foreverbelle

Wahoo what a great way to start a day, another fabulous posting!!!

If Brett was sick I would have never had guessed it. But I will take your word for it. I am sorry to hear that but glad he was able to get out and enjoy it.

Words I am sure can not express the beauty of the place, it looks so inviting. And so fabulous! I am so ready to pack my bags now. I am 28 days away from Disney, but now I am thinking of changing my mind.

So, you mentioned food choices. Did you happen to see if there was anything besides beef and pork offered at the stands? I only ask because I am allergic to beef pork and dairy, so I am always interested in knowing this stuff in advance.

I love how everything is themed. Its like an extension of the parks, and yet totally different at the same time. I totally don't think you have to be a disneyholic in order to enjoy it.....

again, I want more...I am going to be sad when this eventually ends I hope you know.

meganw1985

AH! I <3 Castaway Cay already! It kind of reminds me of Coco Cay, except BETTER!!! And way more up my Disney alley! :cool: That picture of the gift shop area made me drool. I am one of those people that loves all things Disney souvenirs. I spend probably $300 a trip on stuff like t-shirts, beach towels, plush, etc. Christmas ornaments are my vice! I actually use the stuff too though, which makes me feel not so bad. :lol: Either way, I totally admire your guys' self control to buy only plush for your tree! I do not have that!

Is that walkway to the Serenity Beach REALLY a runway? I mean I have read that before, but it was always kind of tied into the whole "story" of Castaway Cay, so I didn't really put anything into it. But it really looks like a runway. I guess they have to have another way to get people on it besides boat? I didn't think it was anything before it was Disney? Idk.

Poor Brett for being sick! That is such an awful thing to be sick on vacation, especially one like this! I'm glad he was such a trooper though. You guys are so cute!

I find myself speeding through your updates trying to get to more more MORE, and then I'm done and think "dang it! I should have not read so fast!" :ROFLOL:

tink65

Castaway Cay looks soooo nice! The first cruise we went on was a Norwegian and we spent one day on their private island...I think it was Great Stirrup Cay. It was the best day we had I think! Total relaxation! Can't wait to read more!!!

MillerPoppins

Gorgeous pics as always Holly! Castaway looks beautiful! Such a bummer now that Brett was sick. That's the worst when you have high hopes for plans and they get thrown a wrench by not feeling well. Booooo!!!

Disneyfalcon

I recalled Tammy talking about the soft serve cookie dough ice cream at Castaway Cay and I was dying to try some, so we headed over to Cookies, Too for a midmorning snack. I scoured the place, and even asked a few CMs about the cookie dough ice cream, but we couldn’t find it. Is it gone?!

It's gone!! :cry: I was so sad in January. Apparently it kept jamming the machine.

Love your pictures from Castaway Cay though!

maggiegrace1

Loving it..Castaway Cay was simply AMAZING!...Maggie did the Stingray thing with Drew...she enjoyed it..Drew screamed like a girl when they touched him..:ROFLOL:

It was nice for her..and at $24 or so not bad..never did it anywhere else though..

We are excited to take a longer cruise to spend 2 days at Castaway Cay..it is HUGE..and soo beautiful!..:D

oommggitskait

Love the update. You are seriously making this non-cruiser consider a cruise. Just going to Castaway alone looks amazing.

That is such a shame that Brett wasn't feeling well. I also always seem to get sick and the most inconvienent times. Looks like you were both making the best of it though!

madswithano

I'm a little late in the game here but i'm obsessed with this TR! It's getting me pumped up for my trip on the dream in August! Also, I have to tell you how much I loved your wedding dress. I always see the same boring, plain gowns whenever I go stalking around the internet looking at weddings (it happens shamefully often) that make me want to simultaneously facepalm myself and the bride and yours is one of the first that I've seen that didn't make me want to do so. And that's a compliment, trust me, I'm a very picky person. :ROFLOL:

disneygirl1

Oh NO!!! Poor Brett being sick! What a horrible thing to have to deal with on your honeymoon!!! Hope it was only a 24 hour bug!

OMG!!! Castaway Cay!!! I CAN NOT wait to go there! Our cruise is the double dip to CC. So I am thinking one day of lounging and the other will be for excursions... Devon wants to do the sting ray thing, but me not so much! I want to get out on the wave runners!

Can't wait to read more!

MEyeSeeKayEY

What a great report so far and your pictures are gorgeous! I never really considered it before, but now a Disney cruise is definitely in my future!

ABigBrassBand

HollyBelle, I would like to thank you and be frustrated at you, 1). you just wasted a good chunk of my time when I COULD be studying :ROFLOL:, and 2) your pictures with Brett are so beautiful!

Your dress is absolutely goregous, probably the best wedding dress I've ever seen! And that picture of Brett looking at Cinderella Castle only makes me excited for the life I have ahead of me, and makes me wish I had a relationship that was so fun, romantic, and sweet as yours.

Best wishes to both of you, I don't read trip reports that often, but I really couldn't stop! :')

fmingo36

Here’s a copy of the map and schedule for the island if anyone is interested:

castawaycay_map.jpg

castawaycay_events.jpg

Woohoo... Castaway Cay here we come!

WOW! I can't believe the amount of times throughout the day for character greetings! But it does seem like it's the same characters over and over. Any chances for a rare character greeting?

Also I can't believe you didn't do the 5K. You know you could do it.

plaz10

Ok my desires for a Disney cruise just increased by like...the THOUSANDS. Wow I will totally blame you and Brett when Bill starts rolling his eyes at me when I start trying to talk him into a few days at Disney followed by a few days at sea. Hmmm...

And I totally am craving cookie dough ice cream now! :slurp:

The TR is fabulous and your photos of Castaway Cay are breathtaking. Can't wait for the rest! And I swear my TR is on it's way...I am getting settled in at work and once my computer in my office is up and running...I see myself finishing the text!

sweetpee_1993

Oh yay! What an update! I'm so jazzed about CC! Can't wait for September! Your pics are so killer, Holly. Wow. Just Wow. Poor Brett. How sad for him. I hope it's all uphill from here.

Brian & I are really hoping to run the Castaway 5k together. Bless his heart. He's been running with me so faithfully. Even when we were just in Alabama visiting my folks, he'd go to bed so late (like 3 a.m. :lookaroun) then get up with me at 6 to go for a run. He'd get back to the house, take a shower, and go right back to bed. :lol: I know the Navigator and everything you see says "adults" but I've read all over the place how teens or pre-teens accompanied their folks for it. So our short-term goal is to make this 5k. Our longer-term goal is a 1/2 marathon. :sohappy:

Can't wait to see what y'all wore for Pirate Night. I'm sure there will be no detail left un-reported! :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

*sigh* all those Castaway Cay pics definitely put me in the summer mood. Beautiful beach, clear day, warm sun...ahh... I can only imagine how relaxing it must have been sitting on the beach listening to the water and looking over to see the massive beauty that is the Dream.

Your character pictures were too cute! I loved the one with Pluto on the back of the golf cart. :lol:

PartOfYourWorld

Castaway Cay is beautiful!!!!! I love all the different character outfits they have for the dream, and even on the beach at Castaway Cay!

Stinks that Brett was sick, but he definitely seemed like the trooper!

Your trip report is making me want to go on a Disney Cruise! I've never been on a cruise ever, because I'm not sure how I'd feel on a boat in the middle of the ocean :/ the thought kind of freaks me out a bit but I'm sure a Disney Cruise would make all those worries go away :)

joanna71985

Jo...attend the goodbye party and you can get Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip& Dales pics and autographs all at the same time...it took us maybe 10 minutes to get them all..:D

Rad the Navigator and line up maybe 10 minutes before and you are good..:D

We got Donald and Daisy together when we boarded just randomly walking together..:D

Sounds good. Thanks Dana!

Not being ones to dawdle, we ate our breakfast quickly and headed back to the stateroom to prepare for Castaway Cay. Around 8:15am we headed down to Deck 1 and we were among the first to debark the ship when it was cleared at 8:30am.

Here’s a copy of the map and schedule for the island if anyone is interested:

castawaycay_map.jpg

castawaycay_events.jpg

Wow!! Castaway Cay looks awesome! The slide looks like a lot of fun

tiaragirl

We've been having the worst weather in the world here, girl, and your Castaway pictures might have killed me - if I wasn't leaving for the Vorld in 67 days!

I feel bad for poor Brett, but it's good that the AquaDuck was enough to perk him up =) You seem to have had perfect luck with characters this trip.. the Pluto/Ginger one is adorableee.

This TR is really keeping me pumped about our trip - and I see that Tammy has started a Vonder TR and many more are on the way.. IS IT AUGUST YET? DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER UPDATE YET?

meganw1985

Just got some pics from the wedding uploaded. Is this the dress that you saw? (PS there are rhinestone hidden Mickey's in my bouquet! It was a surprise to me!)

254256_1767895434176_1142901050_31543644_6948637_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom