A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Leo came up behind me and scared me half to death when he surprised me with a pirate cry! Arrrghhhhh! He then proceeded to introduce us to the folks at the eight top table right next to ours. By way of introduction he asked them if they remembered how badly the ship was rocking the first night, and then he pointed at us and simply said “newlyweds!” :lol:

OMG, that is too funny! I literally laughed out loud here at my desk at work.. I hope no one heard me :lookaroun

joanna71985

Leo came up behind me and scared me half to death when he surprised me with a pirate cry! Arrrghhhhh! He then proceeded to introduce us to the folks at the eight top table right next to ours. By way of introduction he asked them if they remembered how badly the ship was rocking the first night, and then he pointed at us and simply said “newlyweds!” :lol:

Bwahaha! I literally just laughed out loud...and for several minutes too. :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I'm sorry but that is too funny :eek:

disneygirl1

How old is Devon?..My Maggie 5 did it with her daddy and she loved it..water is shallow, wore a life jacket and it was a few steps from the beach..I stayed and watched...it is also not that pricey..under $25 I believe...I have pics of my daughter and others doing it in my report in the trip reports area..so check them out...I think he will enjoy it!..:D

Devon is 9 now, he will be 10 when we go. I think he will really enjoy it, but I might have to reassure him that he will like it. His BFF and his mom are coming too so hopefully they will want to do it and I can watch from the beach.

I will go check out your TR now!

disneygirl1

I see what you're saying, but I think Devon would do just fine. I agree with Dana, and I think he would really enjoy it. Of course, it might help for him to see that much younger kids are doing it. I'm sorry you're not able to go in - I'm guessing it's because they entice the rays (and feed them) with shellfish?!

I think he will really enjoy it as well... And Yep that is EXACTLY why I can not do they feed the rays shellfish! :cry:

Holly, still following your TR and still LOVING it! Your pics on Castaway Cay are just gorgeous. I definitely need a DSLR very soon.

I'm so sorry that Brett was sick for part of this trip. Seems like he was a real trooper and tried to have fun despite the y__________ess!

I really appreciate you posting the activities list for Castaway Cay. I have wondered about the various activities that we could do while we're there. Of course, I'm sure I could've found it somewhere online but you definitely made it convenient since I've been following your report anyway.

We're trying to decide if we can swing a cruise next year because we're thinking of going to WDW for two weeks with my 3 siblings who have never been. You know how fun it can be to go with newbies! But, let me tell you, the Dream is definitely calling my name! :)

mouselvrmom

I'm back, Holly! All caught up again!

Now, you know that I'm not a cruise person, I'm more of a keep my feet on the ground kind of gal! And your first night is exactly why I see myself as that.....although maybe there wouldn't be a lot of newlyweds on the ship with me to make it so rocky.:lookaroun:lol:

Anyway, seeing those characters in the fabulous getups is almost too tempting! I'm guessing if I didn't have four kids I would probably book one on the spot, but getting two rooms is just too spendy for us at this moment. It is a nice thought, though.

And you two make the cutest pirates! I love your scowling picture! Sorry about the sickness! Hopefully Brett got over it quickly!

All of those Castaway Cay pictures are simply stunning! Nice work!!

maggiegrace1

Devon is 9 now, he will be 10 when we go. I think he will really enjoy it, but I might have to reassure him that he will like it. His BFF and his mom are coming too so hopefully they will want to do it and I can watch from the beach.

I will go check out your TR now!

Oh I think he will..:D..Hope he does it,.:D

meganw1985

YAY! I'm so glad you are updating again!

FYI: the ribbon on my dress was a little addition added by myself. It didn't come with the dress. It was the same color as the bridesmaids dresses and just made everything tie together a lot better so we added it! (thanks to my consultant!) Thanks for the compliments!

I am so glad to see all the pictures of the munks! They hold a near and dear place to my heart. When took Brett on his very first Disney trip (he was 3) they were still doing the characters at LTT. He absolutely, positively, fell in love with Dale! He thought he was the funniest thing he had ever seen! And it was so cute and funny to see Brett interact with him. Ever since then he has been a fan. We require an ADR at Garden Grill every trip, simply for the fact that is the only meal they still do! And I love their little sailor outfits!

Love Brett's pirate outfit! :sohappy:

The water in the Bahamas: Oh. My. Gosh. Never seen such beautiful water ever! Such a beautiful blue-green! And I knew when I got in our tender to Coco Cay and I could see fish swimming around under the surface, this wasn't the Gulf of Mexico people! :lol:

Is the Flying Dutchman not there anymore? Did I miss a pic? Or did you not take one? I just know it used to be there.

Overall, still fabulous!

diddy_mouse

I can understand why it was so hard leaving Castaway Cay, I could stay in that water FOREVER... Oh and those sunset pictures are to die for. It looked like you pretty much had that deck to yourself while you were taking notes and watching Lilo and Stitch (extremely appropriate movie by the way.) I agree with you regarding the setting. Only way to watch a movie...I hope to experience it some day!

OMG that "newlyweds" comment was so awkwardly hilarious I love it! :lol:

Pirate night looked like a lot of fun and I loved the cameo from Panchito Beakman. You guys were just too cute in your pirate garb. :)

Macadamia encrusted mahi mahi!! Drool!!!! :slurp: Two of my favorite things that go GREAT together!

Okay, being the huge Disney plush collector that I am I nearly freaked when I saw the cruise Chip and Dale! After calming down I came to the conclusion that I need to take a cruise now so I can buy them. I have yet to get Chip and Dale as a set (I'm horrible, I know! :cry:) but I have discriminating taste when it comes to those two. The set has to look juuuust right. :lol: It is my mission for my next trip!

mamamouse

Okay so here's the thing,there are trip reports i skim through and others were i only can stand to look at the pics n some i can't be bothered with at all BUT OH EM GEE I love your trip reports especially this one it's my fave so far !!!!!!

Fashionista007

Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyy Gooooooood (Janice voice from FRIENDS) I LOVE the pics of Castaway Cay and all the Pirate festivities. I love that you guys got dressed up like Pirates! And thank you SO much for posting pics of all the maps and itineraries. It will help me plan out our 1 year anniversary Disney Dream cruise for 2012!!

And may I say you and your hubby are smokin! You won't see pics of Jason and I in our bathing suits! :D I can't even remember the last time I wore a bathing suit...I think it might have been on our trip in 2009 when we went to the hot tub at the Contemporary one night.

Good for Brett for powering through the sickness. I've done the same thing on many trips and it's very difficult. But nothing keeps me from the magic :)

I can't wait to read more, I never want this TR to be over!!

HouCuseChickie

We figured it was time to pick up one last cruise plush. Only problem was, we knew it wasn’t going to be just one. :animwink: It HAD to be the chipmunks, especially after all their efforts thus far. And who can buy one munk without the other?! That would be just horrible!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. While I prefer Dale to Chip, I would never dream of buying one without the other. Back on one of our trips when I was a kid, my parents surprised us after we got home with secret gifts they'd picked up for us in the parks. They bought me Dale- just Dale. It drove me NUTS and they didn't understand why I needed Chip when Dale was my fave of the two. I finally bought Chip when I was in college, but both he and Dale mysteriously disappeared. :cry:

TakeMeThere81

Wait!! I'm actually caught up?!? I'm loving your report so far Holly!! I already commented on the unforgettable wedding (and I honestly keep going back to your wedding evening cruise to watch Illuminations. I never noticed the lyrics of We Go On and Promise before and I've been listening to them. That touch could not have been more perfect!!) So on to your cruise...

I'm so sorry that both of you had your moments of feeling less than par, but glad you still enjoyed it so much! What great character greetings you have had!! I love all of the photos and Castaway Cay looks so amazing! That 5K is so tempting! I'd be all over that. I love fun runs when you don't know where you are going on an exotic, private island ;)

I doubt we'll ever take a Disney cruise so I'm really enjoying this part of your story. My hubby is Coast Guard so he has absolutely zero desire to go cruising. Sure it's relaxation, but still...kwim? Either way, too bad for him because your TR shows just how amazing it is!

LUV pirate night!

Ariel484

LOVE the picture of Stitch just hanging out near the railing, checking out the view. And the characters in pirate gear...as you would say, swoon! So fun!

Those pictures that you took during the sunset are BEAUTIFUL...the light is just amazing. Great job!!

I need to make Will sit down and read this...he is anti-cruise at the moment and reading your and Tammy's reports really makes me want to do a Disney cruise!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
OMG, that is too funny! I literally laughed out loud here at my desk at work.. I hope no one heard me

Bwahaha! I literally just laughed out loud...and for several minutes too.

I'm sorry but that is too funny

Yeah... I don’t get embarrassed easily, but I’m pretty sure I turned all shades of red for that one!

I think he will really enjoy it as well... And Yep that is EXACTLY why I can not do they feed the rays shellfish!

:cry:

Holly, still following your TR and still LOVING it! Your pics on Castaway Cay are just gorgeous. I definitely need a DSLR very soon.

I'm so sorry that Brett was sick for part of this trip. Seems like he was a real trooper and tried to have fun despite the y__________ess!

I really appreciate you posting the activities list for Castaway Cay. I have wondered about the various activities that we could do while we're there. Of course, I'm sure I could've found it somewhere online but you definitely made it convenient since I've been following your report anyway.

We're trying to decide if we can swing a cruise next year because we're thinking of going to WDW for two weeks with my 3 siblings who have never been. You know how fun it can be to go with newbies! But, let me tell you, the Dream is definitely calling my name!

Two weeks at WDW... that would be bliss! We’ve only done one trip that lasted longer than a week, but most of our trips don’t even last that long. They’re usually 3-4 night stints.

After seeing all of your pictures through all these TR's.. Ive come to the conclusion that I need a DSLR..

Any recommendations for an entry level model?

Oooh, once you purchase a DSLR, you’ll wonder why it ever took you so long to make the jump. Or at least that’s how it was for me. I use a Canon Rebel Xsi... I love my Canon and would definitely recommend the Rebel line, but I would make sure you start with the current model they’re selling. I think it’s the T3i. The biggest plus it has over mine is the 6400 ISO capability. Mine only goes to 1600, and I’m almost always feeling limited by it anymore. Higher ISO settings will allow you to take better pictures at night and indoors.

The biggest piece of advice I can give is to narrow down your favorites among the lines (I’d probably suggest sticking with Canon or Nikon as they are both very good and offer a lot of lens variety) and then go into a store and actually handle them. See which ones feels best for you.

I'm back, Holly! All caught up again!

Now, you know that I'm not a cruise person, I'm more of a keep my feet on the ground kind of gal! And your first night is exactly why I see myself as that.....although maybe there wouldn't be a lot of newlyweds on the ship with me to make it so rocky.

Anyway, seeing those characters in the fabulous getups is almost too tempting! I'm guessing if I didn't have four kids I would probably book one on the spot, but getting two rooms is just too spendy for us at this moment. It is a nice thought, though.

And you two make the cutest pirates! I love your scowling picture! Sorry about the sickness! Hopefully Brett got over it quickly!

All of those Castaway Cay pictures are simply stunning! Nice work!!

Thanks, Jenn. The characters really are amazing... and so abundant, but I can definitely appreciate how expensive a cruise would be for your family... wow!

We weren’t too original with the pirate attire... we recycled it from the year we attended the Pirate and Princess Party. Not many people seemed to be dressed up, which surprised me a bit. I would’ve like to see more people get into the spirit of things.

YAY! I'm so glad you are updating again!

FYI: the ribbon on my dress was a little addition added by myself. It didn't come with the dress. It was the same color as the bridesmaids dresses and just made everything tie together a lot better so we added it! (thanks to my consultant!) Thanks for the compliments!

Aha! Then I think it was the same dress. I love that you personalized it and really made it your own. I still want to know if you post a review over on Cruise Critic!

I am so glad to see all the pictures of the munks! They hold a near and dear place to my heart. When took Brett on his very first Disney trip (he was 3) they were still doing the characters at LTT. He absolutely, positively, fell in love with Dale! He thought he was the funniest thing he had ever seen! And it was so cute and funny to see Brett interact with him. Ever since then he has been a fan. We require an ADR at Garden Grill every trip, simply for the fact that is the only meal they still do! And I love their little sailor outfits!

That’s such a cute story. Really though, how can one not fall in love with Dale?! It really is too bad they’ve been cut out of a lot of the meals... I know they used to appear at Ohana, Chef Mickey’s, and Cape May Café, as well.

Love Brett's pirate outfit!

The water in the Bahamas: Oh. My. Gosh. Never seen such beautiful water ever! Such a beautiful blue-green! And I knew when I got in our tender to Coco Cay and I could see fish swimming around under the surface, this wasn't the Gulf of Mexico people!

Is the Flying Dutchman not there anymore? Did I miss a pic? Or did you not take one? I just know it used to be there.

Overall, still fabulous!

The water really is breathtaking, and one of my favorite things about cruising the Caribbean.

The Flying Dutchman is no longer there. :cry: I never actually saw it, but it’s my understanding that the tide had worked away at it until it was about to fall apart from the inside. It’s such a shame it wasn’t properly maintained.

I can understand why it was so hard leaving Castaway Cay, I could stay in that water FOREVER... Oh and those sunset pictures are to die for. It looked like you pretty much had that deck to yourself while you were taking notes and watching Lilo and Stitch (extremely appropriate movie by the way.) I agree with you regarding the setting. Only way to watch a movie...I hope to experience it some day!

One of my favorite times of day on a ship is when all the early diners go in to get ready for dinner. The decks become a lot easier to manage and there is usually space in the pools. Plus, the sun is starting to get a little lower in the sky and the temperature is perfect.

On our Princess cruise we really enjoyed their “Movies Under The Stars.” Each night they would show a different movie on one of their upper decks. They would even provide blankets and popcorn for the show. Coolest thing ever!

OMG that "newlyweds" comment was so awkwardly hilarious I love it!

Pirate night looked like a lot of fun and I loved the cameo from Panchito Beakman. You guys were just too cute in your pirate garb.

Macadamia encrusted mahi mahi!! Drool!!!! Two of my favorite things that go GREAT together!

Pirate night was lots of fun... and the menu was definitely well thought out and executed.

Okay, being the huge Disney plush collector that I am I nearly freaked when I saw the cruise Chip and Dale! After calming down I came to the conclusion that I need to take a cruise now so I can buy them. I have yet to get Chip and Dale as a set (I'm horrible, I know! ) but I have discriminating taste when it comes to those two. The set has to look juuuust right. It is my mission for my next trip!

I’m obsessed with Disney plush... I could go to WDW and never buy the first “souvenir” if it weren’t for Disney plush. The whole idea to do a tree out of plush was so that I would have an excuse to keep buying them up. Now I’ve started going crazy over the Pook-a-looz Plush (more on this in one of my future trip reports). Do a search for “chip and dale pook-a-looz,” if you want to see something really cute!

It took us forever to pick up the original Chip and Dale set, but now that we have them, they tend to stowaway on every single one of our Disney trips. :animwink:

Okay so here's the thing,there are trip reports i skim through and others were i only can stand to look at the pics n some i can't be bothered with at all BUT OH EM GEE I love your trip reports especially this one it's my fave so far !!!!!!

AWww, thank you, mamamouse. I really appreciate that, because I try really hard to balance the pictures with the text and keep it interesting!

Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyy Gooooooood (Janice voice from FRIENDS) I LOVE the pics of Castaway Cay and all the Pirate festivities. I love that you guys got dressed up like Pirates! And thank you SO much for posting pics of all the maps and itineraries. It will help me plan out our 1 year anniversary Disney Dream cruise for 2012!!

Shelley! You are getting married in less than three months. OMG! The last three months are when I got everything done. I need to hop on over to your planning pages and get an update.

Oh yeah, I was surprised by how few people actually got into the pirate spirit, but I’m really glad we did.

And may I say you and your hubby are smokin! You won't see pics of Jason and I in our bathing suits! :D I can't even remember the last time I wore a bathing suit...I think it might have been on our trip in 2009 when we went to the hot tub at the Contemporary one night.

Good for Brett for powering through the sickness. I've done the same thing on many trips and it's very difficult. But nothing keeps me from the magic

You’re too sweet, my sister! I worked out like a fiend leading up to the wedding, but for the last three months I’ve been sooooo bad. I’m just now getting back into running and working out, like pre-wedding. :rolleyes: It’s nice to have a routine again.

I can't wait to read more, I never want this TR to be over!!

Not me! I’m totally ready for this trip report to be over... I can’t believe it’s taken me this long already!:lookaroun :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. While I prefer Dale to Chip, I would never dream of buying one without the other. Back on one of our trips when I was a kid, my parents surprised us after we got home with secret gifts they'd picked up for us in the parks. They bought me Dale- just Dale. It drove me NUTS and they didn't understand why I needed Chip when Dale was my fave of the two. I finally bought Chip when I was in college, but both he and Dale mysteriously disappeared.

Oh no! How terrible to have one munk without the other. You probably shouldn’t worry too much about what happened to them... knowing them they’re out there enjoying all the mischief they’re creating for others!

Wait!! I'm actually caught up?!? I'm loving your report so far Holly!! I already commented on the unforgettable wedding (and I honestly keep going back to your wedding evening cruise to watch Illuminations. I never noticed the lyrics of We Go On and Promise before and I've been listening to them. That touch could not have been more perfect!!)

Uhh... I’ve really slowed down with the updates, huh?! Every time I think I’m going to get caught up and get an update out there, something comes up (booo... work) and it’s another week before I’m ready to update.

Seriously... the lyrics to those songs are absolutely amazing. Those, along with the musical track are what make Illuminations so emotionally powerful to me.

So on to your cruise...

I'm so sorry that both of you had your moments of feeling less than par, but glad you still enjoyed it so much! What great character greetings you have had!! I love all of the photos and Castaway Cay looks so amazing! That 5K is so tempting! I'd be all over that. I love fun runs when you don't know where you are going on an exotic, private island

I doubt we'll ever take a Disney cruise so I'm really enjoying this part of your story. My hubby is Coast Guard so he has absolutely zero desire to go cruising. Sure it's relaxation, but still...kwim? Either way, too bad for him because your TR shows just how amazing it is!

LUV pirate night!

I can totally understand why Ben isn’t enamored with the idea of a cruise. But I bet your boys would absolutely love it. The 5K really does look like so much fun... hopefully, we’ll get back there soon to tackle it.

LOVE the picture of Stitch just hanging out near the railing, checking out the view. And the characters in pirate gear...as you would say, swoon! So fun!

Those pictures that you took during the sunset are BEAUTIFUL...the light is just amazing. Great job!!

I need to make Will sit down and read this...he is anti-cruise at the moment and reading your and Tammy's reports really makes me want to do a Disney cruise!

I love that picture, too. We actually came across him in the stairwell when he was headed up there... he was going up the stairs on all fours (like a puppy!). So fun!

Thanks for the compliments on the sunset pictures. My best sunset pictures are probably in the RCI and Princess cruise reviews. I think the time of year we were on RCI (January) must just be great for sunsets because I was lucky enough to get some great ones then. And we were further into the Caribbean for the Princess cruise. I don’t know if that is what caused the super orange skies we were seeing, or if it was simply luck. I just know we saw some amazing sunsets on those trips.

Will should get on board... STAT! Literally. :lookaroun :lol:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Wednesday, March 23: Day at Sea!

This whole day will take fewer posts than any other day of the entire trip...you know why? I put the camera down. :eek: By choice. No, really, I mean it. :lol: Sea days are meant for lounging around and relaxing, so that’s what we did most of the day!

We actually slept in... in fact, we didn’t get up until around 9:15am. And that was probably only because we had brunch reservations for Palo at 10am. Brett was feeling significantly better. The worst of his cold/flu had hit him on Tuesday and things were starting to look up.

We made our way up the aft stairs - I seriously love the art on this ship...

IMG_3110.jpg

And said hello to Nigel before checking in at Palo:

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

We had a seat in the Meridian lounge while we waited for our table. While there, we overheard the hostess tell a gentleman that he needed to wear something more appropriate than jeans to brunch. I appreciate it when I see a rule being enforced; otherwise, what is the point in even having the rule to begin with?

IMG_1823.jpg

A CM led us to our table shortly after we arrived. Talk about a table with a view... the open sea was stunning. I'm absolutely baffled by this, but I didn’t take a picture looking out from our table. Plenty of the actual table though, and what was on it. :rolleyes:

IMG_1825.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
The meal, which is priced at $20 per person, came with a complimentary mimosa or glass of champagne. Your choice. Shoot, that’s worth half the purchase price, alone. :D It was a fun surprise, because I wasn’t expecting it.

IMG_3101.jpg

Our server, Nicole from Australia, was absolutely amazing. She struck that perfect balance between engaging us and leaving us alone. :lookaroun :lol: Seriously, I like my servers attentive, but not overly so. I can't stand it when a server just keeps talking and talking and talking when we're trying to enjoy our dinner.

There was a cold buffet that we were able to help ourselves to right away, and there was also a hot menu, for which we were each allowed to choose one item. The buffet was made up of all kinds of seafood and other such goodies. I’ll be honest, it didn’t completely wow me. Part of this is probably because I’m not a big fan of buffets to begin with, but also some of the stuff wasn't any more impressive than what they were serving down in Cabanas.

IMG_3099.jpg

The hot food, on the other hand, was delicious. We ordered a flatbread with sausage and red pepper flakes. It was perfectly spicy:

IMG_3105.jpg

And chicken parmesan, which was piping hot, just as it should be!

IMG_3104.jpg

While you couldn’t order more than one entrée, you were allowed to order some of the specialty soups in addition to it, so I tried the chilled strawberry soup, which was pretty tasty!

IMG_3103.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Nicole offered to take our picture... I didn’t even have to ask her to walk around to the other side of the table to account for where the light was. She just knew. Of course, when I said something, she fessed up to being a bit of a photo junkie herself.

IMG_3102.jpg

Dessert was made up of an assortment of bite-sized sweets and shooters. We filled our plates, but none of it was as good as what they serve in the main dining rooms at night.

IMG_3106.jpg

IMG_3107.jpg

During dessert, Nicole surprised us with a plate! Too cute!

IMG_3108.jpg

Overall, I’m really glad we decided to have brunch at Palo, but it’s definitely not something I would feel the need to do on every cruise. It was good, but it didn’t rock my face off or anything. In fact, I think much of the conversation during brunch revolved around all the exciting dining we had planned back on dry land. :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
After brunch, we headed back to the room to change and ditch the camera for a bit. It wasn’t long before we found ourselves in the adult hot tub. We loved the adult area, it never seemed to be very crowded and it was super peaceful. The chairs there are great, too. We grabbed some of those and continued to relax. By relax, I mean take a lazy nap. :snore: Brett got up to go get us a coke and when he came back he exclaimed that Donald Duck was over there, and in an outfit we had yet to capture. Lucky for us, I don’t go anywhere without some sort of camera. :animwink: Ginger may have been back in the room resting, but I had my handy little P&S in my pool bag. So off we went to find Donald. By the time we got there though, he was gone, but Minnie was out, so all was well!

P3230034.jpg

P3230035.jpg

Seriously, she had no line. In fact, she was just hanging out and cheering for kids as they went down the Mickey slide.

P3230039.jpg

P3230036.jpg

Too stuffed from brunch to eat, we continued to enjoy our loungers right through lunch...after some time though we headed in and started the process of packing. I’m pretty sure there was also another nap in there somewhere. That’s the beauty of a sea day! It provided us an opportunity to rest up before hitting the parks again for the last leg of our trip. Not that we ever go at breakneck speeds these days, anymore, but still – it was nice.

We spent some more time wandering around the ship and noticed lots of people trying to do the Midship Detective Agency, way too many people, in fact. Lines were forming near all the interactive art, and I’d think if you watch two or three people interact with the art before it’s your turn, it would kinda take the fun out of it. So my suggestion to future cruisers would be not to leave the Midship Detective Agency for the last day of your cruise, especially if it’s a sea day, because everyone is trying to do it then.

We showered and got ready for the final evening’s festivities and then made our way down to the future cruise desk on Deck 4. We figured it was likely that we would be cruising on DCL again, and I knew my parents would be interested in going with us, so we booked two inside staterooms for a cruise in January. I’m almost certain we’ll change the date, but we went with the first available sailing that had two inside category staterooms available. Speaking of, there are practically NO inside staterooms. No wonder you have to book over a year in advance to get one.

We caught the farewell show while we were waiting around to talk to the future cruise folks.

Hey look, there he is again, everyone’s faaaaaaaaavorite party animal!

IMG_3148.jpg

I was only somewhat paying attention to the video montage of the cruise when, all of a sudden, I saw myself appear on it! It was me and Captain Jack Sparrow, just hanging out in front of the Dream. I couldn't even recall the camera man being around, but apparently he was.

I was determined to find Daisy in her sailor ensemble... and I did! Of course, she took time to make a fuss over my diamonds!

IMG_3163.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom