A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: A March 2011 Disney Wedding/Honeymoon Trip Report

It’s official! Brett and I are finally married and I couldn’t be more excited. We had the most perfect wedding day ever, at our most favorite place in the whole entire world. And of course, as expected, it went by all too quickly. I’m not going to lie, coming down off the high that was our Disney wedding/cruise/honeymoon has been tough. In fact, I'm hoping that writing up/posting this trip report will help me work through some of that. However, I’ve spent much of my spare time in the last few weeks staring at a blank word document... writer’s block? Never heard of it! :lol:

For the first time ever, in all my trip report writing, I did a pre-trip report. It lays out most of the wedding-related details, but for those of you out there who are like me and rarely read pre-trip reports, here’s a quick rundown of events:

Wednesday, March 16, 2011: Drive down, check in offsite for the night
Thursday, March 17, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Friday, March 18, 2011: Wedding Day, Sunset Pointe
Sunday, March 20, 2011: Board Disney Dream for a 4 night Bahamas cruise
Thursday, March 24, 2011: Check-in, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Sunday, March 27, 2011: Check out and head home

We kind of saw this trip as having three legs: Wedding/Cruise/Disney!

A look back at our Disney trip reports: September 2008 (Contemporary), December 2008 (Old Key West), January 2009 (Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Marathon), July 2009 (Wilderness Lodge Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge), December 2009 (Beach Club Villas), March 2010 (Pop Century & Princess Half), June 2010 (Coronado Springs), August 2010 (Polynesian & Engagement), December 2010 (Kidani Village)

This was our first time on DCL, however, we’ve cruised a handful of times before. So if anyone is interested, those trip reports can be found here: May 2009 (Carnival Liberty), December 2009 (Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas), May 2010 (Emerald Princess), June 2010 (Norwegian Sky)

Oh dear. I feel like I’m embarking on what will be the longest trip report EVER (and I’ve written some long ones). My apologies in advance, as it will likely take awhile to get this report up in its entirety. The good news though, is that I’ve completed the text all the way up through the wedding, so we’ll get to that part fairly quickly!

With all that said, let the memories begin...

IMG_3834.jpg

Ariel484

Great update Molly! :D Glad you felt better for day 2. Still loving those character pics, and that is awesome that you got the piece of art that you were eyeing. Yay!

PolynesianPrincess

Holly, Molly... At least it's close! You wouldn't believe the things I get called when I tell people my name is "Darolyn".... Carolyn, Marilyn, Geraldine... haha :lol:

I LOVE all the different attire the characters wear. my sister and I (well, mostly me lol) love meet and greets so this would be right up my ally!! :sohappy:

I'm absolutely loving this!! The ship looks like it lives up to every amazing thing I've heard about it! Thanks for sharing your fairytale disneymoon - looking forward to more!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
OK yeah that dessert looks incredible. Damn me and my allergies. Because yeah that is so tempting.

I am so sorry to hear that Brett was sick. That is a bummer....

The Aquaduck looks incredible. I am so going to have to hit that up when and if we ever get on the Dream. I mean seriously this whole trip is making me really want to go on the DCL. Its like one big freaking wonderful advertisement. LOL.

And don't you just love Crush! Molly...How hilarious is that. And I thought it was bad when people think my name is Elijah and not Aleisha aka Alicia.

Alright Molly. I will be back...

Elijah?! Really. I would’ve never pronounced it that way. Funny how people are.

You know, Aleisha, you could always combine a vow renewal with the cruise... renew your vows on Castaway Cay! I’m full of all kinds of good ideas! :animwink:

Ooh ooh! My own column!

Actually, an FAQ sticky at the top of the cruise forum is an excellent idea! I'll have to check with a mod!

Oh yeah... great idea!

Oh, I miss the Dream so much!..

We loved the character experiences..soo awesome...and we would not get off in Nassau next time..so much to do on the ship..

Villains was our FAVORITE show..though they were all amazing!

Loved Pain and Panic...and Yzma was AMAZING...Hades was hilarious!

I guess maybe we did not look too much into it the way you guys did.. Not sure!

I loved the Yzma..all 3 shows..

So glad you got the painting..

Looking forward to Castaway Cay..I could have stayed there forever...

Nassau is the kind of port that you don’t need to do multiple times. :lol:

And wasn’t Yzma fantastic in all three shows? When she came out as Yzma the second night, we quickly figured out who she was from the previous show. She was fabulous.

I’ll speak more on this later, but we felt like the actor played Hades too much like he played the Genie. There weren’t any nuanced differences between the two characters, especially when those two characters couldn't be more different.

Castaway Cay... yes, please... I, too, could stay there forever!

Love the cruise part of the trip report, but you are killing me!! With the kids being 16 now, I thought we were way past the need to do a Disney cruise, but after seeing the Dream docked in Nassau last March, my son is obsessed with the virtual port hole and the aqua duck!! I am pleasantly surprised to see that the virtual port hole shows you real scenes from the outside of the ship. For some reason, I was under the impression it just showed characters swimming about!

I'm also curious about the shows. We did the Disney Wonder back in 2006 and had the same shows...the Golden Mickeys and the Villains show. I find it hard to believe Disney has not changed the shows since 2006. Perhaps they just kept the same titles, but changed the shows a bit?

We share your love for Quasimodo. Hunchback remains our all time favorite Disney film and I have such great memories of the stage show at DHS. At age 3, my son would sing along with all of Quasimodo's and Clopin's songs!! We were regular Quasi groupies and even got invited backstage on more than one occasion to meet the cast. I dare say that show was the start of my son's love of all thing theatre. So sad it is gone!!! Beauty and the Beast is ok, but doesn't even compare to the Broadway quality that was the Hunchback of Notre Dame show!!

Looking forward to the rest of the report, especially the Victoria and Albert review. I've always wanted to try it, but always wondered if it was worth the cost, since I know if we did it, DH would want to do the wine pairings.

Hope you guys are both better for the rest of your honeymoon!

Pam

The aquaduck and virtual porthole are powerful things! Powerful enough to entice even the coolest of teenagers, I see! :lol: The view from our virtual porthole was looking off the aft of the ship, which is the same direction that wall was facing. So I think it would also help the folks, who get easily turned around on a ship, to keep things straight.

I don’t know much about the history of the shows on DCL, but I was under the impression that some of them are fairly new, maybe just not those two. Maybe someone else can weigh in on this.

The Quasi show at the Studios was gone before I took my very first trip, but Brett talks fondly of it. I love that you all were regular groupies! That is awesome.

Spoiler alert... we did the wine pairing at Vicky’s! You and the hubby must splurge at least once. You should even go all out and get a room on property for the night... driving after that meal would be impossible! :lol:

I give you props for deciding to tackle a waterslide first thing in the morning. I don't know if I could do that *shiver* I just can't enjoy cold water.

Those virtual portholes are simply amazing. And I am huge fan of Emperors New Groove so seeing that shot of Kronk and Yzma made me smile. Slightly silly question...do the portholes "magically" appear or is it something you can control in the stateroom?

Aww...hopefully Brett ends up feeling better. It's never fun being under the weather on a vacation, let alone on a cruise, let alone on your honeymoon.

Oh em gee, I gotta say I adore Panchito Beakman! How cute is he?!

If I ever get onboard the Dream I will certainly check out Pink. Now that is my kind of lounge!

Animator's Palate looked so cool and those desserts definitely caught my eye. Mmm mmm!

Looking forward to Castaway Cay, Molly (heh heh)

If the Aquaduck weren’t a completely new experience for me, I probably would’ve skipped it that morning. But you totally can’t go on the Dream and not try it at least once. We didn’t know if there would be another chance.

You have complete control over the porthole. It’s basically one gigantic tv housed in the wall with a circular cut out for viewing. There is a switch on the side to turn it on/off.

Love for Panchito Beakman! Yay! Brett took a trip to the Bahamas back when we first started dating and brought Panchito home to me. You may or may not be able to tell, but he’s a puppet.

congrats!!!!

Thank you!

LOVE THE CHARACTER PICTURES!! Seriously, I am drooling over them right about now. Not to mention the food pictures.

And to make it official- I booked on the Dream! Thanks to your report (and Dana's), I booked my first cruise for Feb. Can't wait!

Woooooooooooohoo! I’m so excited for you Joanna. You’ll totally be like Brett and myself, planning your days around character meet and greets!

Love this!!! I think you may need to change your ID name to MollyBelle.

It really was hilarious. And every time Brett said something back to him, he would enunciate the H in Holly, but Crush never caught on.

Drooling over the Dooney.. Mom and Dad picked me up the navy clutch version when they went in November and I use it all the time!

The picture of Brett with Ariel is killer.. she's a babe. It seems to be Ariel is always one of the prettiest princesses in the Parks/etc.

You can fight Kelly for it! Confession: I’m not a Dooney and Bourke fan. :lookaroun :eek: The wallets are cute though.

I have to agree with your sentiments regarding Ariel... she’s always spot on with the character. And drop dead gorgeous.

Lord, I was so busy settling into film school (so I can do video production for Disney someday) that I forgot about your wedding trip report!

I just read all of it this morning. What a wonderful, beautiful wedding you had, Holly and Brett! As with all trip reports I am intensely jealous of the time spent in Disney, but this is so wonderful, I just have to be happy for you both!

Thank you for providing such wonderful pictures and making us (some of whom, like myself, you don't really know) a part of the experience. I hope that someday I can have a Disney wedding and if it's half as wonderful as yours, I'll be pleased

And allow me, a manly man, to melt over your dress...that was a lovely choice and you looked lovely in it!

Darthspielberg, thank you. That was all too kind. I especially appreciate the compliments on my dress, coming from a manly man! :D

Good luck with film school... *hopefully* you’ll be living out your dreams with Disney one day soon.

I finally had time to comment! I love your last update. I hope Brett is well for Castaway Cay!!

It cracks me up that you went back to your room to watch your porthole! That is so awesome!!

Also, your interaction with Crush was completely and totally awesome.

Eh, he wasn’t exactly up to par for Castaway Cay, but he did make the best of it. And Crush, dude, is most definitely awesome.

Holly, so enjoying catching up on your trip! I'm glad you guys had a great time,and I can't wait to read more! Hey...just wanted to let you know, I posted those requested pics of our St. John, USVI trip on my trip report (Becanya's year of celebrations...I think I called it). We wrecked our scooter on the trip! The trip was amazing. Only 6 days until we leave for Disney's HHI.

Thanks, Becca. Oooh... I’m off to find your report! Have fun in Hilton Head!

I love that Crush was calling you Molly!!! That is hilarious! It turned your cute memory, into a cute and funny one!!! I can't wait to read more of your report Holly!

Totally true. It made the whole thing all that more memorable. Thanks, accord99cutie!

Great update Molly! Glad you felt better for day 2. Still loving those character pics, and that is awesome that you got the piece of art that you were eyeing. Yay!

Get this... we noticed recently when hanging Hula Time that it is personally signed. #76 of 95! :lol: Not to mention, it was created by the same artist who painted our only other piece of Disney art (Stitch – December 2009 TR). We didn’t even know it at the time, but how cool is that?!

I know you have a trip sometime this month... are you at WDW yet?! :wave: Have fun!!!

Holly, Molly... At least it's close! You wouldn't believe the things I get called when I tell people my name is "Darolyn".... Carolyn, Marilyn, Geraldine... haha

I LOVE all the different attire the characters wear. my sister and I (well, mostly me lol) love meet and greets so this would be right up my ally!!

Oh, wow, Geraldine! Niiiiiiiiiice. :eek:

Oh yeah... there are more clothing ensembles yet to come! Yay for character love!

I'm absolutely loving this!! The ship looks like it lives up to every amazing thing I've heard about it! Thanks for sharing your fairytale disneymoon - looking forward to more!

It really does live up to all the hype and expectations! You’ll have to try it sometime.

Sarabell

I´m back!! well, I haven´t really gone anywhere, I´m just trying to control my stalking a little bit :lookaroun

I LOVE the whole cruise part of your report! I´m so glad you had a great honeymoon / DCLmoon. Are you gonna change your name to Mollybelle now? pleeease :D
Can´t wait to read the rest of it!

sweetpee_1993

Holly! OMG! Okay, I've been on this road trip to Florida to see my Gramma and Chandler got his driver's permit (:)eek: although I'm proud to say my "holy-crap-I'm-OLD!" freak-out moment while we stood in line was extremely brief)). Then Chandler drove us the 100 miles to my folks' house for my birthday. (("holy-crap-I'm-OLD!)) I've been away from the internet then back on sporadically and I sorta avoided your trip report until I could stand it no longer. So I just finished the updates and took notes. Here's what I got:

-- Ack! So much to say! So many great pics! This rocks!
-- Senior Frogs! You & your mom cracked me up when you were there before. I'm almost tempted to get off the ship in Nassau to go get a 'rita & take a pic with the Senior as a Holly & Mom tribute! You'll hafta tell me how to get there and if you have to fight the vendor/taxi mob on the way. Then maybe...
-- Hi, Panchito Beakman!!!!
-- Love love looooove the thought of Chip & Dale messing with Donald! That's like a show in itself!
-- Awwww...poor poor Brett. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. **sniffle**
-- The fact that you swapped ends of the bed with your pillows to watch the porthole is an awesomeness unto itself. I love that.
-- Fancy Minnie! Love.
-- Oh no. Okay. Really? FaceBook references in a Disney show? This is just wrong. Say it ain't so. I'm so anti-FB. I refuse. It reminds me of how I fought the cell phones when that became the thing to do. My reasoning? I didn't want to be *that* reachable. Same thing on FB. What happened to writing a letter? Carefully choosing a picture to print out and mail? No more shoe boxes full of letters, cards, and pictures...love-on-paper...to dig thru 20 years down the road and savor. I'm so sad. So no FB for me. I told my mother yesterday that I never hear from anybody the way I used to. I'm hopeful I'll get at least a phone call if someone in the family dies. :mad:
-- Oh! Yzma! And Kronk! There's hope for the Villian's show! I love Kronk. He's so sweetly in a state of ignorance-is-bliss. I love him for that.
-- **gasp** Fancy Daisy?!?! In glitter and bling?!?! I. Must. Have. This. Character. Meet.
-- Yay for the Hula Time score! Meant to be. Definitely.
-- You know I'm no wine-o girl but maybe I'll check out Pink. I mean, with a name like "Pink" (I'm looking at you, signature color o'mine) I can't go wrong. Do ya think maybe there's a bartender or someone there that might be able to help me choose a bubbly or some bubbly-ish drink that I might have a bit of a chance of liking? Perhaps I'll be inspired to try my hand at champagne again. Hhmmm....
-- Okay. My Disney/Mickey dishes are 3 years old and starting to show their wear. I need the Animator's Palette dishes. Disney really should sell these. The butter knife, too. While they're at it, offer the menus for sale. I would pay good money for this stuff! Seriously. Disney Gods, if you can hear me, Pleasy-pleasy-nice-n-cheesy (cuz mice love cheese) would ya find it in your heart to start selling some of your killer stuff to us devoted fans????
-- What a killer Crush interaction. Yay for Molly-n-Brett and their romantical evening with nobody looking at them! :sohappy:
-- Awww...I really like the random Ariel/princess pic. I remember when the characters moved about the parks that way. **siiiigh**
-- Goofy in tails. Tall, dark, & handsome. Fantastic! I still think I would've been sorta sad to not get pics with the 'Munks in their finery but then you've had a lot of 'Munk love so far.
-- LOL! Holly, I haven't bought a single Disney Dooney since our last trip which is really a hard thing for me. The 40th bags call to me. And these newer, less expensive canvas-y ones with the stripes have a charm I have difficulty resisting. I do resist, however, with the sole intent of getting the DCL Dooney in the sketch pattern. It's so funny you thought of me. I think I love this.
-- And I totally agree that Admiral Donald was the "right" plush to capture your DCL memories for your tree. Love it.

Okay. I'm done. You may proceed. :D

Loving every moment, girl. I'm so psyched for September!!!

joanna71985

Woooooooooooohoo! I’m so excited for you Joanna. You’ll totally be like Brett and myself, planning your days around character meet and greets!

Thank you! I must say, I have you and Brett (and Dana too) to thank for me booking the Dream. I had been on the fence for awhile, but after reading the reports (and seeing the pictures) I was hooked!! I'm already counting down the days, and I am planning out the characters. PS- the outfits are sooooo cute! My goal is seeing Chip and Dale.

DisneyFan1003

I've been gone for the past week...thanks for giving me something to "do" on my first day back to work! :ROFLOL:

Excellent Dream report...I think I mentioned earlier that we've done the Magic and Wonder - the new ship looks amazing. My wife graduates next spring (fingers crossed!) with her PhD...I'm thinking a cruise on the Dream would be the perfect gift!

Sounds like you had an amazing time...and I love the idea of buying the art as a wedding gift. Perhaps some art is in order for our next annivesary!

tink65

OK Holly....I am loving your report from the Dream! We've been on 3 cruises but not a Disney one yet. I keep looking at the cost and trying to decide if it's really worth that much more! Your report is helping me decide that yes it is totally worth it! Our DD will be a senior this coming year and we've already been thinking about an awesome surprise trip for her......maybe it'll be the Dream!!!

Goofygirl07

I am so excited for more!! Oh and I have a question about how you and Brett were able to sit by yourselves for dinner-just want to make sure I understand how to do this myself!

Did you all go to the main desk and request this option as soon as you two got on board?

sweetpee_1993

I am so excited for more!! Oh and I have a question about how you and Brett were able to sit by yourselves for dinner-just want to make sure I understand how to do this myself!

Did you all go to the main desk and request this option as soon as you two got on board?

When you get onboard at the port you need to go to the D-Lounge where some CMs are set up to take/make any change requests for dining. I think this is also where you can check availability at Palo & Remy. I'm pretty sure this is the procedure. We're wait-listed for early seating. If we don't get bumped to it by the time we board we'll be dashing to the D-Lounge. Eating that late almost guarantees the old man horrible indigestion. :animwink:

disneygirl1

All caught up!!! Oh man I can not wait to get on this ship! Pink looks fabulous and I am so glad you mentioned Senor Frogs in Nassau. We are not planning any kind of excursion there. Just maybe hitting up the straw market and Senor frogs for a few margaritas!!!

meganw1985

All caught up!!! Oh man I can not wait to get on this ship! Pink looks fabulous and I am so glad you mentioned Senor Frogs in Nassau. We are not planning any kind of excursion there. Just maybe hitting up the straw market and Senor frogs for a few margaritas!!!

Reese

We did an excursion to Atlantis and boy was it AWESOME! Huge! And the beach was the most beautiful one I have ever seen. And the aquarium=awesome. IF you have a chance you should go! We ate at Senor Frogs and the food was not that great. The entertainment however was awesome. The whole time I kept thinking "man I wish my girlfriends were here!!!" haha. Oh, and be careful around the straw market. I got assaulted by a woman trying to sell me a stolen necklace :lookaroun Awkward...

foreverbelle

Elijah?! Really. I would’ve never pronounced it that way. Funny how people are.

You know, Aleisha, you could always combine a vow renewal with the cruise... renew your vows on Castaway Cay! I’m full of all kinds of good ideas! :animwink:.

Hmm what a perfect idea! I love it...you have really had Andy and I talking and thinking about the whole vow renewal/cruise thing. So it just may be coming sooner than we think. But that is great.

Yeah I know, I never would have thought they would get that out of my name. But you won't believe the number of people Its spelled dif. yes but its not like I am the only one who spells it this way...

Btw, you have us all waiting...

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I´m back!! well, I haven´t really gone anywhere, I´m just trying to control my stalking a little bit

I LOVE the whole cruise part of your report! I´m so glad you had a great honeymoon / DCLmoon. Are you gonna change your name to Mollybelle now? pleeease
Can´t wait to read the rest of it!

Yay, Sara! Thanks for stopping back in. The cruise was seriously wonderful. And as much as I love Crush, I think I’m gonna stick with Hollybelle! :animwink:

Holly! OMG! Okay, I've been on this road trip to Florida to see my Gramma and Chandler got his driver's permit ((although I'm proud to say my "holy-crap-I'm-OLD!" freak-out moment while we stood in line was extremely brief)). Then Chandler drove us the 100 miles to my folks' house for my birthday. (("holy-crap-I'm-OLD!)) I've been away from the internet then back on sporadically and I sorta avoided your trip report until I could stand it no longer. So I just finished the updates and took notes. Here's what I got:

-- Ack! So much to say! So many great pics! This rocks!
-- Senior Frogs! You & your mom cracked me up when you were there before. I'm almost tempted to get off the ship in Nassau to go get a 'rita & take a pic with the Senior as a Holly & Mom tribute! You'll hafta tell me how to get there and if you have to fight the vendor/taxi mob on the way. Then maybe...
-- Hi, Panchito Beakman!!!!
-- Love love looooove the thought of Chip & Dale messing with Donald! That's like a show in itself!
-- Awwww...poor poor Brett. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well. **sniffle**
-- The fact that you swapped ends of the bed with your pillows to watch the porthole is an awesomeness unto itself. I love that.
-- Fancy Minnie! Love.
-- Oh no. Okay. Really? FaceBook references in a Disney show? This is just wrong. Say it ain't so. I'm so anti-FB. I refuse. It reminds me of how I fought the cell phones when that became the thing to do. My reasoning? I didn't want to be *that* reachable. Same thing on FB. What happened to writing a letter? Carefully choosing a picture to print out and mail? No more shoe boxes full of letters, cards, and pictures...love-on-paper...to dig thru 20 years down the road and savor. I'm so sad. So no FB for me. I told my mother yesterday that I never hear from anybody the way I used to. I'm hopeful I'll get at least a phone call if someone in the family dies.
-- Oh! Yzma! And Kronk! There's hope for the Villian's show! I love Kronk. He's so sweetly in a state of ignorance-is-bliss. I love him for that.
-- **gasp** Fancy Daisy?!?! In glitter and bling?!?! I. Must. Have. This. Character. Meet.
-- Yay for the Hula Time score! Meant to be. Definitely.
-- You know I'm no wine-o girl but maybe I'll check out Pink. I mean, with a name like "Pink" (I'm looking at you, signature color o'mine) I can't go wrong. Do ya think maybe there's a bartender or someone there that might be able to help me choose a bubbly or some bubbly-ish drink that I might have a bit of a chance of liking? Perhaps I'll be inspired to try my hand at champagne again. Hhmmm....
-- Okay. My Disney/Mickey dishes are 3 years old and starting to show their wear. I need the Animator's Palette dishes. Disney really should sell these. The butter knife, too. While they're at it, offer the menus for sale. I would pay good money for this stuff! Seriously. Disney Gods, if you can hear me, Pleasy-pleasy-nice-n-cheesy (cuz mice love cheese) would ya find it in your heart to start selling some of your killer stuff to us devoted fans????
-- What a killer Crush interaction. Yay for Molly-n-Brett and their romantical evening with nobody looking at them!
-- Awww...I really like the random Ariel/princess pic. I remember when the characters moved about the parks that way. **siiiigh**
-- Goofy in tails. Tall, dark, & handsome. Fantastic! I still think I would've been sorta sad to not get pics with the 'Munks in their finery but then you've had a lot of 'Munk love so far.
-- LOL! Holly, I haven't bought a single Disney Dooney since our last trip which is really a hard thing for me. The 40th bags call to me. And these newer, less expensive canvas-y ones with the stripes have a charm I have difficulty resisting. I do resist, however, with the sole intent of getting the DCL Dooney in the sketch pattern. It's so funny you thought of me. I think I love this.
-- And I totally agree that Admiral Donald was the "right" plush to capture your DCL memories for your tree. Love it.

Okay. I'm done. You may proceed.

Loving every moment, girl. I'm so psyched for September!!!

-Okay, let’s see if I can help with the location of Senor Frogs. This next picture (which is from the RCI cruise we did in 2009) was taken looking down at Nassau from the ship. Basically, you walk through “Festival Place” to enter the city. It’s the terminal that everyone has to go through to get from the ships/back to the ships. See the white tent-like building between the two pinkish colored builidings? That’s the straw market. Directly beside it on the right side of the image is the Hilton and that is Senor Frogs on the main floor, with a deck looking out over the water. Once you get through Festival Place, it’s a 5 minute walk at best. You don’t have to take any kind of transportation to get there, but you will have to say “no thank you” quite a few times to get past the people offering tours and excursions. Honestly, if you just keep walking as you say “no thanks” they really do leave you alone.

IMG_2037_1.jpg

I talked more about walking around Nassau (and going over to a public beach) in my December 2009 and June 2010 cruise reviews, if you want to check them out.

-After I posted the picture of Brett sleeping, I wondered if anyone would catch that we would always lay that way so we could see the porthole. Sooooooooooo cool!

-I absolutely hated the facebook comments during Villains Tonight. Those were the types of things that really took me out of the show. It was just odd. And I totally share your sentiments on FB... neither Brett, nor I, have facebook accounts; I think they can be more trouble than they’re worth.

-There’s more plush purchases to come. :sohappy:

-Your Dooney will be waiting for you come September! And so will Mademoiselle Daisy Duck! :animwink:

Thank you! I must say, I have you and Brett (and Dana too) to thank for me booking the Dream. I had been on the fence for awhile, but after reading the reports (and seeing the pictures) I was hooked!! I'm already counting down the days, and I am planning out the characters. PS- the outfits are sooooo cute! My goal is seeing Chip and Dale.

I have a feeling that goal is easily obtainable. They were our favorites on the cruise for sure!

I've been gone for the past week...thanks for giving me something to "do" on my first day back to work!

Excellent Dream report...I think I mentioned earlier that we've done the Magic and Wonder - the new ship looks amazing. My wife graduates next spring (fingers crossed!) with her PhD...I'm thinking a cruise on the Dream would be the perfect gift!

Sounds like you had an amazing time...and I love the idea of buying the art as a wedding gift. Perhaps some art is in order for our next annivesary!

Gotta love a good distraction from all those work emails that pile up!

That’s the perfect graduation gift... I say you go for it!

OK Holly....I am loving your report from the Dream! We've been on 3 cruises but not a Disney one yet. I keep looking at the cost and trying to decide if it's really worth that much more! Your report is helping me decide that yes it is totally worth it! Our DD will be a senior this coming year and we've already been thinking about an awesome surprise trip for her......maybe it'll be the Dream!!!

I totally know what you mean... the costs are so hard to swallow when compared to similar itineraries on other lines. But, as Disney fans, you have to try it at least once.

To reiterate what I said to Mike above, it’s a great gift. Personally, I’ve always been a much bigger fan of gifting “experiences” than “things” so I think it’s perfect!

Listen to Kelly (sweetpee_1993)... she has it all figured out! I posted a picture of the “Welcome Aboard” paper that was given to us in the terminal before we boarded... if you go back and look at it, you’ll see that there is a box stating where to go to change dining reservations. We showed up about 10 minutes before they “opened” to make changes and they helped us right away even though we were early. Switching us didn’t seem to be a problem, but we were open to either dining time/any rotation as long as we had a table to ourselves. You should be fine if you’re at least a little bit flexible.

Pink... sigh. I loved that place! I’ve never eaten the food at Senor Frogs... it’s more of a liquid lunch kind of place to me. :lol:

Reese

We did an excursion to Atlantis and boy was it AWESOME! Huge! And the beach was the most beautiful one I have ever seen. And the aquarium=awesome. IF you have a chance you should go! We ate at Senor Frogs and the food was not that great. The entertainment however was awesome. The whole time I kept thinking "man I wish my girlfriends were here!!!" haha. Oh, and be careful around the straw market. I got assaulted by a woman trying to sell me a stolen necklace. Awkward...

I’ve gotta agree... nothing about the straw market is appealing. I walked through once and that was more than enough for me.

I keep saying we need to check out Atlantis, but then we always see Nassau as a cheap freebie port, instead of one where we want to spend money on an excursion.

Let me know if you do a review over on cc.

Hmm what a perfect idea! I love it...you have really had Andy and I talking and thinking about the whole vow renewal/cruise thing. So it just may be coming sooner than we think. But that is great.

Yeah I know, I never would have thought they would get that out of my name. But you won't believe the number of people Its spelled dif. yes but its not like I am the only one who spells it this way...

Btw, you have us all waiting...

Oooh... I hope to read a fabulous VR trip report sometime soon!!!

I do apologize for the wait, and I realize this report is taking me for-freaking-ever! :lookaroun Now that we’re a month into our summer session I’m becoming more and more swamped with work-related travel. But it will get done... I have no intention of leaving it hanging!

I should have the next update up either tonight or tomorrow!

Goofygirl07

When you get onboard at the port you need to go to the D-Lounge where some CMs are set up to take/make any change requests for dining. I think this is also where you can check availability at Palo & Remy. I'm pretty sure this is the procedure. We're wait-listed for early seating. If we don't get bumped to it by the time we board we'll be dashing to the D-Lounge. Eating that late almost guarantees the old man horrible indigestion. :animwink:

HollyBelle said:
Listen to Kelly (sweetpee_1993)... she has it all figured out! I posted a picture of the “Welcome Aboard” paper that was given to us in the terminal before we boarded... if you go back and look at it, you’ll see that there is a box stating where to go to change dining reservations. We showed up about 10 minutes before they “opened” to make changes and they helped us right away even though we were early. Switching us didn’t seem to be a problem, but we were open to either dining time/any rotation as long as we had a table to ourselves. You should be fine if you’re at least a little bit flexible.

Thanks! You two really helped!

joanna71985

Holly, quick question- were all the character times listed (even if it was just the VIPs in different outfits)? Or was everything random?

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Holly, quick question- were all the character times listed (even if it was just the VIPs in different outfits)? Or was everything random?

They're almost all listed in the Navigator! :sohappy:

The only exception really is when we saw characters walking aimlessly. Ariel walking above the atrium, for example, and Chip and Dale when we first boarded.

I thought it was going to be really hard to meet them in all of their different outfits, but it wasn't. And it didn't take a crazy amount of planning to ensure that we were in the right place at the right time. There's even a digital tip board in the atrium:

IMG_1792.jpg

You are going to love my next couple updates!

HouCuseChickie

First off- I was sooooo happy to read that they set aside Hula TIme for you guys. My heart sank :eek: when I'd initially read that it was gone when you went into buy it. Love the virtual porthole and how the characters appear. THe part with Crush- HYSTERICAL!!!! :ROFLOL: Too bad that Brett was starting to feel sick. One of us always comes down with something on or just after vacation.

OK- now I want a margarita! Thinking I may need to sneak off to my fave Mexican restaurant at lunch tomorrow for a rita on the rocks! :lookaroun Can't wait to read more!!! :wave:

joanna71985

They're almost all listed in the Navigator! :sohappy:

The only exception really is when we saw characters walking aimlessly. Ariel walking above the atrium, for example, and Chip and Dale when we first boarded.

I thought it was going to be really hard to meet them in all of their different outfits, but it wasn't. And it didn't take a crazy amount of planning to ensure that we were in the right place at the right time. There's even a digital tip board in the atrium:

IMG_1792.jpg

You are going to love my next couple updates!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info!

And I...can't...wait!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom