2 resorts, 4 parks, 9 days and a 2 year old...a July trip report

So here I am not even 48 hours back in the DC area, and already missing the place..so I figured what better way to cure my post vacation mode than to start a trip report....

Lets do a quick reminder of who were are.

DSC00308.jpg

Andy, Aleisha and our little man, Logan....I did a pre-trip and by this point I am thinking most of you know who I am...so I won't go to into to much details...I will apologize for the size of the pictures. I can never figure out how to make them any smaller...

The 411: July 15-23rd.
We split the time between both of our home resorts, SSR and BLT...both were studios...

so lets get this trip report started.

PartOfYourWorld

Thank you for taking all of us along for the trip :wave:
Glad to hear Logan had a great time he is such a cutie!
And I looove the Journal you have there! It is really cute!

NewfieFan

Awww, I really enjoyed your TR! It brought back a lot memories of traveling with my own little ones (not that they're that big now, 5 & 8, but they grow so fast). Your little man is adorable and all these pics will be treasured I'm sure, as he gets older!

I don't know if you've ever stayed but Kidani Village is very quiet and has a lovely kids water play area!

Thanks for sharing!

WishIWasAtWDW

ohh that departure day is always the worst! i hate that feeling when you take that one last look at your empty room before you leave. :cry: so sad. the only thing that gets me through that moment is knowing that i will be back! thanks so much for sharing your trip report with us! :D

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
GREAT stuff!!!! Your son seems like such a little ham. He loves having his picture taken.

Did you try the strawberry cupcake at Contempo Cafe?

Ariel484

Fabulous trip report! Your pictures were wonderful. I'm so glad that you and Andy had a great anniversary dinner. Thanks for sharing with us! :sohappy:

PolynesianPrincess

Awesome TR!! So glad you guys had a good time.

I know what you mean about leaving the room for the final time. Every time I wake up on our last morning there, I always have a sad feeling in the pit of my stomach :( Leaving the world is sooooo hard!!

I think we're going with the TIW card only because we NEVER eat dessert when we dine and sometimes we only eat one big meal a day and a couple snacks. Plus we're going again in the s[ring and staying offsite so the DDP wouldn't even be an option then so I think in my case, TIW would be worth it more.

sweetpee_1993

Awwww.... For departure day I'll have to quote the brilliance of the great Knuckle Jerry: "it blows". Yes. That's about all I can ever say about having to face leaving.

I can't believe mousekeeping wanted you out so early! My goodness! I'd have told them come back at check-out time. That's 11, right? I don't even know! :lol:

We're TiW peeps if for no other reason then the fact that both times we've done DDP I gained 10 lbs. The DDP is the embodiment of this pure evil that I must never be tempted by. LOL! I agree, the numbers prob'ly do look quite different with a family of 2 adults vs. a family of 4 adults. That's why I tell people that they have to look at their family, their habits, and weigh the options. What's good for us isn't necessarily good for everyone. :animwink:

I love the pic of your hubby all zonked out in the chair. Good stuff right there! :lol:

And the way you ended it all with the pics of your notebook...that's freakin' cool! I gotta remember that for this next adventure!

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Super-duper awesome read! Thanks so much for the time & effort! :wave:

erstwo

Loved it!

Thank you so much for your review of TiW! Guess what? The numbers don't work out any better if you are a family of 2 adults and 2 children either! Much cheaper for us to use the Dining Plan than to use TiW for our next 5 night trip. And that's with a $37 per adult meal every night. For the numbers to work out for us, we would have to eat TS every meal of the day. Glad we can still opt into the Dining Plan! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Thank you for taking all of us along for the trip :wave:
Glad to hear Logan had a great time he is such a cutie!
And I looove the Journal you have there! It is really cute!

Your very welcome. Logan had a fabulous time, so much so he is already begging us to go back...

And that journal, I got down at the world a few years ago and its been lying there. I wanted a way to be able to look back through the years and see how we have grown....I love it.

Awww, I really enjoyed your TR! It brought back a lot memories of traveling with my own little ones (not that they're that big now, 5 & 8, but they grow so fast). Your little man is adorable and all these pics will be treasured I'm sure, as he gets older!

I don't know if you've ever stayed but Kidani Village is very quiet and has a lovely kids water play area!

Thanks for sharing!

We stayed at Kidani last year and loved it, the pool was amazing. I think everyone loved it. Which probably also meant we had high expectations of the BLT...we both agreed that Kidani's pool rocked...

ohh that departure day is always the worst! i hate that feeling when you take that one last look at your empty room before you leave. :cry: so sad. the only thing that gets me through that moment is knowing that i will be back! thanks so much for sharing your trip report with us! :D

I hate it as well....and your right, the knowledge that we are going back, always makes it a little easier...

foreverbelle

Original Poster
GREAT stuff!!!! Your son seems like such a little ham. He loves having his picture taken.

Did you try the strawberry cupcake at Contempo Cafe?

He actually hates getting his picture taken, or did anyways. But by the end of the trip I think he either was just way to happy to care, or actually enjoyed it....either that or I was just too quick with the camera....

No I haven't. Due to my allergies I don't eat to many sweets...most of the stuff have dairy in it. And I can't remember if Andy grabbed one or not.

Fabulous trip report! Your pictures were wonderful. I'm so glad that you and Andy had a great anniversary dinner. Thanks for sharing with us! :sohappy:

Ah thanks for the photo compliments...

I was thrilled to see that we had a great dinner. I was a little nervous but really glad to see it all came out ok in the end...

You are very welcome!

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Awesome report as always!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anytime! I was happy to share...

Awesome TR!! So glad you guys had a good time.

I know what you mean about leaving the room for the final time. Every time I wake up on our last morning there, I always have a sad feeling in the pit of my stomach :( Leaving the world is sooooo hard!!

I think we're going with the TIW card only because we NEVER eat dessert when we dine and sometimes we only eat one big meal a day and a couple snacks. Plus we're going again in the s[ring and staying offsite so the DDP wouldn't even be an option then so I think in my case, TIW would be worth it more.

I hated leaving, believe me it was not my favorite day by any means.

I agree you should at least try the TIW, I am not a dessert person myself and eat a whole lot less than my husband-can you tell?-and we thought it would be more benifecial to us this time, with Logan. But I think in your case it just may be. It doesn't hurt to try any way, and if you find it doesn't work out you will know.

Sad it's over, but it looks like you guys had a great trip! Logan looks like he had a blast! Great TR!:wave:

Thank you. Yes we did....

Great report! I'm so glad it was fun. Departure day is the worst. I may have cried if they asked me to leave my room at 8:30!:)

Oh I think I just about cried, I am like isn't check out like at 11? And its only.... I was bummed...

Awwww.... For departure day I'll have to quote the brilliance of the great Knuckle Jerry: "it blows". Yes. That's about all I can ever say about having to face leaving.

I can't believe mousekeeping wanted you out so early! My goodness! I'd have told them come back at check-out time. That's 11, right? I don't even know! :lol:

We're TiW peeps if for no other reason then the fact that both times we've done DDP I gained 10 lbs. The DDP is the embodiment of this pure evil that I must never be tempted by. LOL! I agree, the numbers prob'ly do look quite different with a family of 2 adults vs. a family of 4 adults. That's why I tell people that they have to look at their family, their habits, and weigh the options. What's good for us isn't necessarily good for everyone. :animwink:

I love the pic of your hubby all zonked out in the chair. Good stuff right there! :lol:

And the way you ended it all with the pics of your notebook...that's freakin' cool! I gotta remember that for this next adventure!

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Super-duper awesome read! Thanks so much for the time & effort! :wave:

Yep it was eleven. I really was like seriously, I guess the magic is over huh?? It was a bummer.

I agree, I think TIW would work a lot better if/when he/they get older. But for the moment, it really wasn't for us. I tell people the same thing, what is right for me may not be right for you. I think we will wait a few years and try again.

I love the picture to. He had no clue I took it, which was the best part about it. :lol:

And the notebook, yeah I am trying to document our trips so in the future we will look back and have memories and I must say it comes in handy for trip reports as well!

Loved it!

Thank you so much for your review of TiW! Guess what? The numbers don't work out any better if you are a family of 2 adults and 2 children either! Much cheaper for us to use the Dining Plan than to use TiW for our next 5 night trip. And that's with a $37 per adult meal every night. For the numbers to work out for us, we would have to eat TS every meal of the day. Glad we can still opt into the Dining Plan! :D

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us!

Ah thank you.

Yep I fully agree abhout the DP! For the moment it is for us. And your welcome for the review it wasn't in depth but its what I wrote...

Anytime!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
He actually hates getting his picture taken, or did anyways. But by the end of the trip I think he either was just way to happy to care, or actually enjoyed it....either that or I was just too quick with the camera....

No I haven't. Due to my allergies I don't eat to many sweets...most of the stuff have dairy in it. And I can't remember if Andy grabbed one or not.

Yep you did mention that. I am an idiot.

tink65

I really loved your trip report. Thanks for all the great photos & narration. Logan is a cutie pie! I hate the last night too. I get all weepy and sad to get heading back to reality.:cry: But look on the bright side.....you're already set for next year! More magical memories await!!!

ctosh

Great report.. looks like you guys had a blast. My babys were 5&3 on thir first trip ..now 13&11 .. they still love it!!! We joined DVC for them and so gald we did. I love the yearly trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom