2 resorts, 4 parks, 9 days and a 2 year old...a July trip report

So here I am not even 48 hours back in the DC area, and already missing the place..so I figured what better way to cure my post vacation mode than to start a trip report....

Lets do a quick reminder of who were are.

DSC00308.jpg

Andy, Aleisha and our little man, Logan....I did a pre-trip and by this point I am thinking most of you know who I am...so I won't go to into to much details...I will apologize for the size of the pictures. I can never figure out how to make them any smaller...

The 411: July 15-23rd.
We split the time between both of our home resorts, SSR and BLT...both were studios...

so lets get this trip report started.

diddy_mouse

I loved your journal at the end! And bravo for keeping such detail, my notes from trips are more like an outline or a list.

Yeah, the last day is always a bummer. I think it didn't hit me as hard on our last trip because it was a short visit and we checked out really early to make it to the rope drop at Epcot. We also had a later flight back to Dulles that night.

Thanks for sharing your trip! It was really fun to read! :wave:

Soaringirl

I totally enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm so sad it's over. :cry:
I just loved the CM' s cheering up Logan - so nice to hear about stuff like that. Also, what a great idea your journal is. I really should remember to do that myself. ( I just write each day on random papers)
Thanks for your thoughts on TIW. We're going to try it out on our Dec. trip. I wonder if we'll agree with you.
Thanks again for sharing your trip with us!

TakeMeThere81

Awww, departure day, yes it is the worst! But you described it so well. That last once-over of the room, knowing you won't be back once you walk out that door...and then those last monorail or bus rides taking you back to your resort, knowing they are your last for the trip. That is so hard! But I'm glad you guys bought some souvenirs on your last day at the Poly :)

Your report was great!! Thank YOU for taking US back!! :sohappy:

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Great report! Makes me even more excited for my trip in 35 days!!!!!!!

Ah you are getting to the most exciting part of the whole countdown thing! I love those last few days...

I really loved your trip report. Thanks for all the great photos & narration. Logan is a cutie pie! I hate the last night too. I get all weepy and sad to get heading back to reality.:cry: But look on the bright side.....you're already set for next year! More magical memories await!!!

Thank you! I don't think anyone really likes the last day. Booo...and your right, there is a bright side. 337 days..I can do this...

Great report.. looks like you guys had a blast. My babys were 5&3 on thir first trip ..now 13&11 .. they still love it!!! We joined DVC for them and so gald we did. I love the yearly trips.

I am so glad we joined when we did! We were able to enjoy a few kid free years....I know they grow up so fast and I am glad they still love it, I worry about that in the future.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
I loved your journal at the end! And bravo for keeping such detail, my notes from trips are more like an outline or a list.

Yeah, the last day is always a bummer. I think it didn't hit me as hard on our last trip because it was a short visit and we checked out really early to make it to the rope drop at Epcot. We also had a later flight back to Dulles that night.

Thanks for sharing your trip! It was really fun to read! :wave:

This was the first time I took the journal, hoping one day to look back at it with the family and all the wonderful memories!

Checking out is hard, I have never done the rope drop, though I think one of these years we will eventually be able to....just trying to enjoy sleeping in as long as we can.

Great trip report! Glad you had such a great time. You son is adorable.

Thank you for the wonderful compliments.

I totally enjoyed reading your trip report. I'm so sad it's over. :cry:
I just loved the CM' s cheering up Logan - so nice to hear about stuff like that. Also, what a great idea your journal is. I really should remember to do that myself. ( I just write each day on random papers)
Thanks for your thoughts on TIW. We're going to try it out on our Dec. trip. I wonder if we'll agree with you.
Thanks again for sharing your trip with us!

Your welcome.

I thought it was adorable, I mean they didn't have to stop at all, not at all and they did. And they spent time with him...it just meant a lot to us.

And glad I inspired some journal keeping!

Awww, departure day, yes it is the worst! But you described it so well. That last once-over of the room, knowing you won't be back once you walk out that door...and then those last monorail or bus rides taking you back to your resort, knowing they are your last for the trip. That is so hard! But I'm glad you guys bought some souvenirs on your last day at the Poly :)

Your report was great!! Thank YOU for taking US back!! :sohappy:

Oh yeah I don't think we wanted to get off that bus, it was so sad...to this day Logan is still going on and on and on about the trip. He keeps asking when can we go back.

DisneyFan1003

Great report - sounds like you guys had a blast! Logan is just a little older than our daughter will be when we go in November, so I loved reading about his reactions to everything. Chef Mickey's - priceless! We'll both be a mess if we're lucky enough for Addie to have "the moment' with the characters.

Glad you liked SSR and BLT - SSR is our home and we really like it. Stayed at BLT last summer when Addie was 7mos and loved it (but I agree about the pool).

Thanks for sharing!

imagination30

awesome trip report aliesha, it was great to finally see logan, i have heard so much about from our past talks :) , but wow ... you can tell ive been away for a while Im glad your doing better sounds like you had it rough for a while.. take care of your self!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom