Tan lines or it didn't happen - a (patchy) Mexican Riviera Cruise aboard the Wonder.

Hey my lovelies!

I have a teaser post for you all – it’s a busy week for me with school (three midterms, yucky). Be aware that I’d so much rather recap the trip instead!

Long story short, WONDERful time on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Despite a pesky flu bug and some windy days, the Wonder suited us perfectly. Lauren and I definitely converted Rachael – she’ll be back. The magic is contagious.

We had some awesome servers (Desmond and Monika) and Glen, our stateroom host, was a total lifesaver – not to mention trooper.. our room looked like a bomb shelter. The cast was UNREAL – performers and character interactions.. including a special surprise on the last day that you definitely want to stay tuned for. Lauren and I almost had to be sedated.

The one let down? I miss Captain Henry!

Just a little taste:

DSC00338.jpg

Adventures away!

DSC00397.jpg

Sun, please.

DSC00442.jpg

Prepare for 1800 pictures from formal night..

DSC00500.jpg

Souffle.

DSC00513.jpg

ARRR.

IMG_5917.jpg

Do you want a Mexican boyfriend? Bodyguard?

DSC00595.jpg

So much love for this background.

DSC00631.jpg

The finale you’ll never believe!

Keep an eye out early next week!

plaz10

SQUEEEEE. Those character pictures are fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Moments like that - right there...THATS why Disney (world, land, cruises) is the best ever.

You guys are so adorable! And super cute dresses. I never dress cute in Disney because I usually wear tennis shoes for the parks and it's just hard to pull that off as really cute. But cruises are a totally different story. I can't wait to shop for the cruise next Sept.

SPEAKING OF - Kenz. You need to get on that ship. Make it happen, dear. :D

tiaragirl

Original Poster
OMG, that princess picture...dying. So jealo- er, I mean happy for you. :D

Isn't it awesome!? We jumped in after a little 2 year old boy was there - he didn't want to leave at all.. neither did we!

Soooooo jealous!! How amazing was that?!? I would die. I'm all about the character meet and greets and in no way, shape or form am I ever ashamed to be the 29 year old standing in line to meet them! This would be heaven for me!! :)

LOVE the princess pic!! Love your dresses... You girls are so fab!! xo

I'm still dying a little bit - when I think about it/look at the pictures I'm like, HOW DID WE DO THIS?!

Thanks on the dresses!

The Princess picture rocked my socks off but I'd have a mega-freak-out just to get The Don & Daisy together in their sailor get-ups. Frickin' love that!

So I have to impress the CMs at a meet-n-greet to score that invite.....hhmmmm........**note to self: bring extra 20s, maybe 100s**...... J/K! :lol: I don't think I'd get that lucky. If I did, I'd prefer that dose of luck be allocated to lottery tickets. :ROFLOL:

Weren't they the best? My fav might have been unlimited time with Mickey and Minnie - together and apart. Everyone was so great + loved it.

I don't even know what we did to score that meet-and-greet - we were talking about how we could go again and never had that happen. Unreal. Definitely made up for the flu!

Great TR. The end of Disney vacations are so depressing, maybe that's why it's taking me so long to finish my TR, gives me the feeling I still have part of it to hold on to.

I know =( I still have a tiny update but it's mostly about the mall and LAX - so sad.

Haha, I think we did talk about this before. I'm from River Bourgeois and very familiar with 101.5 The Hawk :)

Yesss we did =) I work in St. Peter's in the summatime - at the Canal. Hellooooo bonjour!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
No surprised ruined! I like the story with it :) That princess picture is amazing, but i must agree with Courtney..Ariel's face doesn't sit too right with me. haha so picky about face characters I know lol

You're not the only one - Tiana was SO PERFECT it was unreal. Made up for it. But think, you need to be so multi-use.. if you're a face character on the ship you're also in the shows, etc. It would be hard to find someone to fit all areas.

Awwww love Disney bracelets! The ship would definitely be my fav! The only Disney one I have (for now) is the Cindy Coach.

I love Pandora bracelets because you can make them your own! There were so many Disney charms.. hoping one makes it back with the fam for my birthday - they're home today!

That experience must have been awesome to be picked for gathering like that where it's basically cast members families. They must have definitely loved you guys!! :sohappy:

I don't understand what we did but it was SO AMAZING - my guess is that they realized how much we were loving our lives and appreciating their performances/not too old to wait for 2 hours to see the princesses. Who knows.

Can't wait to see if you guys got anything awesome shopping! :) Love shopping for Disney memorabilia...even though we all know all of us have so much :lookaroun

teehee I didn't wanna look at all ur fb pics cause I wanted it to be a surprise n as tempted as I was I'm glad I waited OMG so AWESOME!!!!!!!! Btw Toronto is only like an hour n a half away from me,so If ya end up there n you ever need a shopping buddy we can make a trip theres a few disney stores around the city:sohappy: and as much as I loved your last tr I sreiously didn't think you could top it,this one was so fun!! LOVE IT!!

Hahah I'm glad you waited - the story makes it so much better! That's a sweet offer for TO - I'd love to hear some news, but it probably won't be until April argh. TRs are always best as they improve - you learn what to put in (SO MANY PICTURES) and what to leave out!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I'm so happy you were invited!! That is beyond awesome!! What an incredible experience.

I love love love that princess picture. :)

Any idea how we managed to pull that off, Tammy? I'd read a TR where it was included before we left, btu I never thought in a hundred years we'd get invited.. so I pretty much stopped breathing when she asked our room number. When I told the girls they freaked out - and when I saw the envelope outside out door I SPRINTED DOWN THE HALL.

It was epic.

That princess picture is epic.

I want to go back.

SQUEEEEE. Those character pictures are fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Moments like that - right there...THATS why Disney (world, land, cruises) is the best ever.

You guys are so adorable! And super cute dresses. I never dress cute in Disney because I usually wear tennis shoes for the parks and it's just hard to pull that off as really cute. But cruises are a totally different story. I can't wait to shop for the cruise next Sept.

SPEAKING OF - Kenz. You need to get on that ship. Make it happen, dear. :D

Disney is just the best - that's all there is to it. Relive your childhood, love your life - there's no time to be cynical in this world.

I've been trying on more recent trips to be more stylish - I'm not sure how well it works. The footwear is always an issue - Keds are my new best friends, but you can still really only wear shorts with them.. and flats are not always a good long term footwear option. I don't know. Sometimes you have to suffer through (usually on EPCOT and MK days, because they are the days you take the most pictures!). Ahaha.

I'm going to be in school, girl! You guys HAD to choose September for a trip time..

plaz10

I'm going to be in school, girl! You guys HAD to choose September for a trip time..

I know...but I just keep hoping you'll think "Screw school - I'm going on the cruise"

I still have over a year to bug the crap out of you until you get to that point of "Omg I'll go just so Jess will shut up" :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Any idea how we managed to pull that off, Tammy? I'd read a TR where it was included before we left, btu I never thought in a hundred years we'd get invited.. so I pretty much stopped breathing when she asked our room number. When I told the girls they freaked out - and when I saw the envelope outside out door I SPRINTED DOWN THE HALL.

It was epic.

That princess picture is epic.

I want to go back.

Honestly? I think because you were all young gorgeous and having fun. :D

I've seen some make a wish stories of people being invited, and of course cast member families, but other than that, the only way I know is to attract attention in a good way.

The character handlers (i.e. performers) do seem to be the ones who pick the guests. The adorable little twins I traveled with to Alask were picked after a long and enjoyable encounter with Mickey after the character breakfast was over.

It's partly being in the right place at the right time to be sure, but they're not going to pick grouchy unhappy people, or screaming kids who are hitting the characters. :)

enchanted_belle

I know...but I just keep hoping you'll think "Screw school - I'm going on the cruise"

I still have over a year to bug the crap out of you until you get to that point of "Omg I'll go just so Jess will shut up" :lol:

Kenz, please believe I'm still trying to figure out a way to go but can't cuz of school. :cry: The only reason I can do the one this September is we're making a 2-day trip out of it, I don't think I can get away from teaching for a week at the beginning of the school year.

sweetpee_1993

Are you kidding me? You can so wear Keds with a skirt. Really. It's got to be a really casual skirt that you'd put like a solid tshirt or a simple tank with. Maybe a denim or cargo-type mini, KWIM? Keds were the shiz when I was in middle school (as were these pencil crops, bright colors, & metallics you see so much of today). You could also do Keds with a jumper/onesie. Keds are such a versatile shoe, easy on the wallet, and pretty comfy. I was thinking last night how I'd like to get a new pair of old-school oxford-type Vans. Those were my go-to shoe in 9th grade. Lol! I was soooooo cool! Not! Hahaha! And just you wait! 20 years from now you'll see styles coming back around from your youth and you'll be just as excited as me thinking, "Oh I got this! Ima gonna show deez kids how dis gooooez!"

Yes, old chicks hangin' onto their youth by an ever-shrinkin' thread.

:ROFLOL:

And laughin' what's left of their butt off about it!

mamamouse

Kenz, please believe I'm still trying to figure out a way to go but can't cuz of school. :cry: The only reason I can do the one this September is we're making a 2-day trip out of it, I don't think I can get away from teaching for a week at the beginning of the school year.
thats it I officially state that all those on this board MUST ATTEND lol yeah if on;ly it were that easy eh????

tiaragirl

Original Poster
great update and awesome invite event!

I love how you guys get all dressed up. Very classy.

Amaaazing invite - it was unreal! We love to get dressed up =)

Righttt? I wish I could pull that off - maybe if I decide to work for a year (still not going to happen).

Bug the crap out of me though - and I was happy to hear about your ADRs =D

Honestly? I think because you were all young gorgeous and having fun. :D

I've seen some make a wish stories of people being invited, and of course cast member families, but other than that, the only way I know is to attract attention in a good way.

The character handlers (i.e. performers) do seem to be the ones who pick the guests. The adorable little twins I traveled with to Alask were picked after a long and enjoyable encounter with Mickey after the character breakfast was over.

It's partly being in the right place at the right time to be sure, but they're not going to pick grouchy unhappy people, or screaming kids who are hitting the characters. :)

WHAT we're up there with Make A Wish people? Very, very special. We honestly really did have the most amazing time, and there aren't many more people on that ship that would have been more appreciative/excited as Lauren and I were - we were beside ourselves!

Hoping everyone gets to experience something like this someday, it really just was pure pixie dust.

Let's just go on our own cruise/our own trip and everyone else can go suck an egg?

Except Jess - and Nicole. They can come.

Are you kidding me? You can so wear Keds with a skirt. Really. It's got to be a really casual skirt that you'd put like a solid tshirt or a simple tank with. Maybe a denim or cargo-type mini, KWIM? Keds were the shiz when I was in middle school (as were these pencil crops, bright colors, & metallics you see so much of today). You could also do Keds with a jumper/onesie. Keds are such a versatile shoe, easy on the wallet, and pretty comfy. I was thinking last night how I'd like to get a new pair of old-school oxford-type Vans. Those were my go-to shoe in 9th grade. Lol! I was soooooo cool! Not! Hahaha! And just you wait! 20 years from now you'll see styles coming back around from your youth and you'll be just as excited as me thinking, "Oh I got this! Ima gonna show deez kids how dis gooooez!"

Yes, old chicks hangin' onto their youth by an ever-shrinkin' thread.

And laughin' what's left of their butt off about it!

Okay, okay - this is my bad. I totally agree with you - I have an army green skirt that I wear my Keds with and I look hella fly. Or a romper - but I don't own a romper (is that like a jumper?). I LOVE Keds - I have three pairs and I'm always tempted to buy more. I want purple next!

Keds are cooler than Vans, BTW. GO with the Keds.

thats it I officially state that all those on this board MUST ATTEND lol yeah if on;ly it were that easy eh????

If only :(

enchanted_belle

Let's just go on our own cruise/our own trip and everyone else can go suck an egg?

I could see us making exceptions for like everyone on the board... it would be unofficial trip part 2 or something like that. :lol:

So, I suggest that we go on our own and have a fab time and everyone that goes on the cruise could be jealous??? :animwink:

PartOfYourWorld

:lol: Thank you!!! I'm an awesome exception!

I could see us making exceptions for like everyone on the board... it would be unofficial trip part 2 or something like that. :lol:

So, I suggest that we go on our own and have a fab time and everyone that goes on the cruise could be jealous??? :animwink:

I would totally go :)

diddy_mouse

Wow....that character meet and greet was beyond words, so I'm forced to make one up: scrumtrulescent! What an unbelievably special experience for you girls! I would have died to spend that much time with the duck and mouse power couples...so awesome!

Such a fun trip report to read, Kenzie! :D

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Wow....that character meet and greet was beyond words, so I'm forced to make one up: scrumtrulescent! What an unbelievably special experience for you girls! I would have died to spend that much time with the duck and mouse power couples...so awesome!

Such a fun trip report to read, Kenzie! :D

Erin, look at you go! Making up words - I love that =) It was unreal, definitely one of the most magical experiences I've had!

I'm glad you enjoyed it =) I need to finish up soon, but it's so busy!

Love the character pictures!! I am sooooo jealous. I would love for something like that to happen to me

We definitely lucked out! I'm really enjoying your TR too =)

HouCuseChickie

I swear, I started reading shortly after you started, but life has been chaos- and not in the good way. :cry: So, I've played major catch up this morning while sitting at home with a sick kiddo. Between reading your TR so far and being on Disney movie #3 of the morning- I soooooo need some kind of Disney travel.

That's horrible that you were sick - it's awful when it happens when you're on vacay. I've gone through something similar in Vegas and Cancun. Not fun :( Still it looks like you had a great trip. :) So jealous of that princess pic! :D I can't let either of my girls see that b/c there would surely be crying and begging. Really so jealous of the whole experience- looks AWESOME!!!

All of this talk of your desserts has made it very obvious that I'm lacking any decent sweet stuff in the house. It all looked and sounded soooooo YUM :slurp:

HollyBelle

Okay, so I had a lapse in craziness at work two weeks ago and managed to post... and then BAM! The crazy continued. But it looks like there are smooth waters ahead and things are starting to calm down! So, I'm back!

So, yeah, LOVE the princess pose (thank you, thank you for humoring me!)... but it's the shot with all the leading ladies that is priceless! So wonderful.

Congrats on the fab-o meet and greet! Character love is the best kind of Disney love. :D I'm with Tammy on her assumptions for how/why people get picked for these things. I'm convinced that Brett and I got picked two trips in a row to be in the Jammin Jungle parade because we were standing around waiting for the parade, just being all in love and enamored with the magic around us. It works, people! I'm tellin' ya.

I think my favorite character pictures are the ones with Goofy and Pluto. And of course that one of Stitch messing with you. BEST!

I love that you became comfortable enough with your tablemates to start taking pictures of their food. :lol: That is awesome!

And boo on saving your best outfit for the last day only to find that you didn't get to wear it. I've done this before - the worst. It's a travesty. :lookaroun

And can I just ask... what did you do before discovering the diffuser on those days when you just didn't have time to let your hair air dry?! That baby is my best friend day in and day out. So glad she's in your life now.

Fabulous cruise report, my friend! I'm sorry I wasn't around to read it as it was posted.

sweetpee_1993

Okay, okay - this is my bad. I totally agree with you - I have an army green skirt that I wear my Keds with and I look hella fly. Or a romper - but I don't own a romper (is that like a jumper?). I LOVE Keds - I have three pairs and I'm always tempted to buy more. I want purple next!

Keds are cooler than Vans, BTW. GO with the Keds.

Now wait a minute! I ain't s__________' no eggs (ew)! For the record, I'm trying to put together the posse that's gonna come rescue you from the evils of school and force you to join us! Just sayin! :wave::kiss:

Oh my. Totally showin' my age some more. We called 'em all sorts of things: rompers, jumpers, etc. I loved them dearly around the time I got married and especially when I was pregnant. :lookaroun

Now now. I wouldn't say Keds are cooler. They serve a different purpose/outfit type. When you think Vans, do you think those checkerboard ones??? Curious. That's what my kids think. No, I'm talkin' the Keds-like oxford kind only their a bit sportier. It was "the thing" when I was oh..15 or so..to have black ones and lace them so the laces didn't function like regular laces. You arranged the laces to lay with a single strip from eye-to-eye then knotted them in place on the inside. The shoes became slip-ons at that point. The knots didn't feel good against your foot on the inside but it was the price of cool at the time. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom