Yeti indeed in new position on EE

hokielutz

i know its really hard to photograph the yeti but does a picture exist of the broken one?

If one exists... it is either pirated by a maintenance worker from after park hours, or taken by a guest who got real lucky with their camera so the image is not a complete blur.

Andrew54

With the high speed cameras that are on the market it is possible to capture the yeti while going by. But they have the area so dark, it would still be dificult.

Castle Cake Apologist

It is just in a powered down or oiled down position. AK is famous for just shutting off AA figures or special effects. They do it at Dinosaur all the time. They must think if only see it for 2 seconds anyway, hardly anyone will notice and will still ride the ride.

Not to Devil's advocate here, but I'm at the parks quite a bit and I've always noticed that Disney completely removes broken animatronics and the corresponding narration from Dinosaur.

I see it happen most often with the Titanosaurus animatronic.

Despite the Yeti conundrum, Disney does still maintain extremely high show quality standards.

For example, Carousel of Progress is not allowed to open for the day if the "air cooling" fan is not functioning. If even little things like that will keep a ride from operating, I think we're obviously dealing with a much larger issue when it comes to the Yeti.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Despite the Yeti conundrum, Disney does still maintain extremely high show quality standards.

For example, Carousel of Progress is not allowed to open for the day if the "air cooling" fan is not functioning. If even little things like that will keep a ride from operating, I think we're obviously dealing with a much larger issue when it comes to the Yeti.
Not nearly as high as they used to be. A situation normally calling for a 101 is let go so often nowerdays, from a broken projection in Energy (a full-on theatre one or two projector) to Gran Fiesta running with guests under full worklighting to Maelstrom accepting guests with no show audio. The Yeti - the rides climax, the storyline and the centre of the publicity - is a big issue (no pun intended) but with almost 3 years to put a plan into practice they really are taking the money and running with it.

Castle Cake Apologist

Not nearly as high as they used to be. A situation normally calling for a 101 is let go so often nowerdays.

Oh... I'm fully aware. Working on Stitch's Great Escape! has taught me that lesson well, trust.

I just think that everybody is unfairly crying foul over the Yeti situation when we really honestly don't know what's actually going on.

WDWExplorer

Banned
Original Poster
Oh... I'm fully aware. Working on Stitch's Great Escape! has taught me that lesson well, trust.

I just think that everybody is unfairly crying foul over the Yeti situation when we really honestly don't know what's actually going on.

the uninformed and uneducated masses are posting drivel on wdwmagic in regards to operations ? say it isn't so!

for the record, i agree with you.. they have no idea..

here's the current thought process.

If the yeti is working, and the rest of EE is 100% no one complains

If the yeti is broken, and the rest of EE works, and it's open.. then 10% complain

If the yeti is broken, and the rest works and they close EE, then 100% complain..

just because we are 'informed' fanbois and get text messages and summaries of each 101 every day, doesn't mean that the average humanoid does..

In other words.. They'll fix it when it's most logical, and when they can.. until then.. Get over yourselves.. :)

RSoxNo1

Not to Devil's advocate here, but I'm at the parks quite a bit and I've always noticed that Disney completely removes broken animatronics and the corresponding narration from Dinosaur.

I see it happen most often with the Titanosaurus animatronic.

I've been on this ride several dozen times, and I don't remember any narration involving a Titanosaurus. Where is this on the attraction?

I know recently when the Styracosaurus was out of the attraction the narration was still there.

the-reason14

Thats exactly what I was trying to say. I would hope that they are doing something to try and fix it but just arent making it obvious. I would hope that they are aware of the situation and want to fix it and that people who work in the company do care and realize its a key part of the show.

Lee

Adventurer
In other words.. They'll fix it when it's most logical, and when they can.. until then.. Get over yourselves.. :)
Oh, please.
It is inconceivable that there hasn't been a point in the last 2+ years when it wasn't "logical" or feasible to fix the thing.:rolleyes:

$100 million bucks spent on an attraction 4 years ago, and they can't manage to keep even the majority of it's effects working. That is just sad, inexcusable, and completely non-Disney.

No other way to put it. The Yeti is broken and has been for nearly three years. The waterfalls never work at 100%. The bird very rarely puts in an appearance. The blowing snow on the peak never works. The mist in the caves has been turned off rather than being made to work properly. Steam from the engines is hit or miss. No excuse for any of that. Any suit at TDO that would try to put a positive spin on the situation, or try to rationalize why it hasn't been fixed....should be fired. They have no business working for Disney.

Alektronic

I see it happen most often with the Titanosaurus animatronic..

Disney NEVER completely removes AA's from Dinosaur, they just repair certain parts and cover it up and turn off lights and remove certain when it is a planned rehab, but when it breaks down it just sits there and they may turn off the lights

It is a Saltasaurus.

Buried20KLeague

PLEASE.

I don't CARE what's going on. The supposed main draw of the attraction hasn't worked for YEARS. Cut through the rest of the BS, and that's what this is about.

And the fact that you defend that fact is laughable. ESPECIALLY as an employee at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom