Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

IWant2GoNow

Have the rumors that the LoW would be shipped to California been confirmed? Is Disney really going to do something about that?

:shrug: I read a few posts on one of the threads that said any time someone asked about LoW they just said vague things like "changes are coming". I remember reading on here that they did at least make a statement about it since they were taking so many complaints during the holidays. Anyone else know for sure?

Don't mean to take this OT but if anyone knows it would be appreciated.

prberk

I'm sure they learned their lesson with the HM in DL. The big piece of glass in front of the ballroom was lowered in by helicopter before the building was finished, and could not be removed when someone shot a hole into it. That's why there's been a "spiderweb" created around the hole.

A bientot.

I think that they said in my "Keys to the Kingdom" tour last year said that, at least for the MK version, there was another (extra) large piece of glass there to replace that the big one if it were ever necessary. The first one was, of course, lowered through the roof. I assume the same would have to be done of the replacement glass. The MK HM may have a different kind of roof, though, which would allow easier access than the one in DL... Dunno, though.

Paul

IWant2GoNow

So far there are about 8 comments on DPB that, so far, have been posted about the Yeti issues on that thrill ride article. Whether they stay or go, we'll have to wait and see.

djkidkaz

I'd be really curious to know if Disney actually gets many complaints about the Yeti not working? I mean, it was only in A-Mode for a short while and most guests don't even know about that version of him so in their eyes there isn't anything to complain about. I trust that Disney will eventually fix him and restore him back to his original movements, I just wish there was a way to get them to do it sooner rather than later. I may not like the look of the Tron monorail or be sad to see the view into Space Mountain gone on the TTA, but the Yeti is the one thing that truly does disappoint me on every trip.

IWant2GoNow

I'd be really curious to know if Disney actually gets many complaints about the Yeti not working? I mean, it was only in A-Mode for a short while and most guests don't even know about that version of him so in their eyes there isn't anything to complain about. I trust that Disney will eventually fix him and restore him back to his original movements, I just wish there was a way to get them to do it sooner rather than later. I may not like the look of the Tron monorail or be sad to see the view into Space Mountain gone on the TTA, but the Yeti is the one thing that truly does disappoint me on every trip.

There have been a few CMs on here that have said that guests do ask about it quite frequently. I think even Lee or Martin said they ask the CMs there before they ride it what mode the Yeti is in. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There have been a few CMs on here that have said that guests do ask about it quite frequently. I think even Lee or Martin said they ask the CMs there before they ride it what mode the Yeti is in. :lol:
I do, and each time I get a whispered `B` - often with a roll of the eyes.

rodserling27

To add insult to injury, Travel Channel is still airing WDW specials that have extensive parts about how complex and complicated the Yeti is....they REALLY talk it up. Let's get this darn thing fixed!!!!

IWant2GoNow

Not sure if this person is on these boards, but WELL DONE! DPB comment below.

"#125 Christian from CO on March 23rd, 2010 at 4:33 pm
I would also like to say that Expedition Everest would be the top attraction in all of WDW if the Yeti was in working condition. I can’t explain how cool it was to experience the Yeti reaching for you, lunging forward with all it’s might. That moment brought forth true terror! With the Yeti not working we have lost one of the greatest moments in theme park history. Disney, please bring the Yeti back to it’s former glory!"

:king:

WDITrent

I've decided to support the "Fix Me" movement (no pun intended), and all the rest of you should too. Imagine a WDW Magic filled with "Fix Me"s!

jmuboy

I've joined the FIX ME campaign. See my new avatar!

Also posted my Yeti comment on the DPB!

We need to make Yeti comments on every blog post that is REMOTELY relevant.

BrerFrog

I've decided to support the "Fix Me" movement (no pun intended), and all the rest of you should too. Imagine a WDW Magic filled with "Fix Me"s!

That would be terribly confusing. I am lazy to read usernames so I always look to the avatars to identify other users. I would be completely lost. :lol:

But it is for a good cause.

IWant2GoNow

Wow! Thanks everyone that is pitching in! I feel your same sentiment BrerFrog. I thought about that at the beginning, and then I was like... well heck it's worth it. :ROFLOL:

Pirate665

I feel bad for the guests seeing the Yeti the way he is. I remember watching them put him in... Oh well, hopefully they fix him soon. As for the fur, it's completely replaceable. It can be removed and they do have backups of it. They might not be replacing the fur for the simple reason he isn't properly working yet. No reason to destroy more if the show isn't running properly.

I think I'll also join the FIX ME campaign. May not make much of a difference, but at least it shows people are trying to make a difference.

>Steve

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom