Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

MythBuster

No. No cutting. The mountain was designed to allow access to the Yeti, and for his removal if needed. He would have to be in pieces to be removed.

There is 2 huge rollup doors behind the mountain to allow for maintenance equipment and parts. 1 is just below the twisted track section and the other one is directly across from the Yeti.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There is 2 huge rollup doors behind the mountain to allow for maintenance equipment and parts. 1 is just below the twisted track section and the other one is directly across from the Yeti.

MythBuster, can you confirm if anything is happening?

ScrapIron

That is what I assumed since making it impossible to remove the Yeti for maintance without cutting the mountain would be one of the most stupid engineering/planning mistakes... ever.

I'm sure they learned their lesson with the HM in DL. The big piece of glass in front of the ballroom was lowered in by helicopter before the building was finished, and could not be removed when someone shot a hole into it. That's why there's been a "spiderweb" created around the hole.

A bientot.

tnemgif

I'm sure they learned their lesson with the HM in DL. The big piece of glass in front of the ballroom was lowered in by helicopter before the building was finished, and could not be removed when someone shot a hole into it. That's why there's been a "spiderweb" created around the hole.

A bientot.
I had never heard that before... that's really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Just knowing that some progress is happening on the yeti is exciting to hear. Hopefully it's 'progress' in the right direction, though.

RSoxNo1

They could put an orangutan in there. There's enough steel for the orangutan to swing around, that should fool a few guests.

montyz81

It was replaced with this

matterhorn_yeti.jpg
Are you sure it wasn't this:
Abominable.jpg

Exprcoofto

According to an Everest CM, the yeti hasn't changed. He's leaning quite a bit, which might have caused him to look like he was in a different positions, but it's still the same B-Mode Yeti.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom