Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

Ziffell

Rode Everest few times this past week and was shocked at how terrible it looked. Like a wet, gy dog. It looked pathetic.

Of course I have seen Yeti in its original form, but the stduents I travelled with had not, yet still thought it was pretty cool.

They thought a "pathetic" looking "wet, gy dog" was "pretty cool"?? They are easily impressed, I guess huh? :lol:

mastif

Anyone remember how cool the yeti used to be when he'd lean over and swipe his huge paw at everyone. It was awesome compared to what it is now. It just kinda funny how the ride isn't even that old and it's been broken for what, 2 years now? actually, that's kinda sad.

wserratore1963

:ROFLOL::eek:
It was replaced with this

matterhorn_yeti.jpg

Mrs. Jobson

The Imagineers knew that the Yeti was gonna end up being inoperable within the first couple of years after opening. The Yeti is just so powerful that when it moved it basically was ripping itself apart. At the end of the day of testing days there would be hair everywhere. I think that is why its hair is in such disarray. More than likely they don't know what to do to fix it. We were told that they only built one and yes it was built seperate from the mountain. AK maintenance was working on it up until it opened. I agree, it is one of the best AA I've seen. I've actually stood beside it and it is massive! I really hope that they can fix him. He is just so awesome! :wave:

IWant2GoNow

There's an article at the DPB asking everyone what their favorite thrill ride is at WDW. A lot of people are leaving comments with E:E as their answer so if anyone wants to try and throw in a comment about the Yeti, now would be a good time. Just make sure your comment isn't harsh to where they will just ignore it. :)

EDIT: Well at least one comment got through!

43 Sean on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:22 pm
"Hands down Tower of Terror. By far the best thing Disney has done in a long, long time.

Now, if the yeti worked in Everest, it may be a different story!"

BrerFrog

There's an article at the DPB asking everyone what their favorite thrill ride is at WDW. A lot of people are leaving comments with E:E as their answer so if anyone wants to try and throw in a comment about the Yeti, now would be a good time. Just make sure your comment isn't harsh to where they will just ignore it. :)

EDIT: Well at least one comment got through!

43 Sean on March 22nd, 2010 at 5:22 pm
"Hands down Tower of Terror. By far the best thing Disney has done in a long, long time.

Now, if the yeti worked in Everest, it may be a different story!"

I don't think things will change if we do that, but it is worth a shot. :)

jmuboy

Why not re-design so that the Yeti himself is just a stationary steel skeleton (that doesn't move) with only the arm that moves. It can swipe at the train cars as they pass. As quickly as the trains roll past the Yeti it would still be a wonderful effect. Plus redesigning the inside of the Yeti as stationary support for the swinging arm might help prevent the Yeti from tearing himself apart again or wearing out as quickly. Afterall, the swiping at the train was the effect that got the real screams from everyone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why not re-design so that the Yeti himself is just a stationary steel skeleton (that doesn't move) with only the arm that moves. It can swipe at the train cars as they pass. As quickly as the trains roll past the Yeti it would still be a wonderful effect. Plus redesigning the inside of the Yeti as stationary support for the swinging arm might help prevent the Yeti from tearing himself apart again or wearing out as quickly. Afterall, the swiping at the train was the effect that got the real screams from everyone.
Something like that would be fine as a temporary replacement while they built a new one but I would not want to see that as a permanent replacement. The thing that is great about the yeti is he moves in a very realistic manner and is not just some side show AA with one moving part.

PurpleDragon

I'm still shocked that E:E was allowed to open with one of its main features in such a sad state. You'd think something on this scale would have been tested years in advance to work out all the kinks, not retrofitted at the last moment and allowed to fail and fall apart.

IWant2GoNow

Something like that would be fine as a temporary replacement while they built a new one but I would not want to see that as a permanent replacement. The thing that is great about the yeti is he moves in a very realistic manner and is not just some side show AA with one moving part.

I agree completely. It needs to be utilized the way it was originally drawn up/ran. Anything less would be considered a failure for WDI which they don't take kindly to I'm guessing.

IWant2GoNow

I'm seeing a lot of Yeti comments make it through on DPB! :sohappy: Thanks to everyone who is trying with me. Maybe they'll at least address the situation. :shrug:

BrerFrog

Same here, but if they can address all the concerns for LoW, I think one of their attractions that is up all year round needs to be looked at. :)

Have the rumors that the LoW would be shipped to California been confirmed? Is Disney really going to do something about that?

devoy1701

I'm seeing a lot of Yeti comments make it through on DPB! :sohappy: Thanks to everyone who is trying with me. Maybe they'll at least address the situation. :shrug:

That blog is very heavily moderated i see. I posted a nonpositive comment about the California Adventure Wine Festival (DL has this policy apparently that if your state issued drivers license does not have 3 physical descriptions on it, then they cannot serve you alcohol. They didn't have an answer for me when I asked about all of the 40 or 50 something yr old Floridians that also don't have 3 physical descriptions on their IDs but get to order drinks anyway because they look older...Can you believe going to CA and staying at Disneyland and NOT being able to order some California wine parings for meals at places like "Wine Country Trattoria!?)

anyway...it was removed in like 30 secs after i submitted it. :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom