Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

Tinkermommy

I was really hoping it would be fixed by our trip in May! My son loves the Yeti on the Materhorn at DL and this was going to be our first ride on Everest. I think a letter writing campaign may be more effective than the avatar campaign (although I like that idea too!).

DisneyWales

Ill also join the Fix the Yeti campaign!!

I hate to moan about maintenance issues, but this is one of the few that really upsets me, i love the Yeti, and B mode just pales in comparison.......!

Wishful thinking for a fix by November!!!!!!!

IWant2GoNow

Ill also join the Fix the Yeti campaign!!

I hate to moan about maintenance issues, but this is one of the few that really upsets me, i love the Yeti, and B mode just pales in comparison.......!

Wishful thinking for a fix by November!!!!!!!

Thanks for helping out! :sohappy:

RAXIP

According to an Everest CM, the yeti hasn't changed. He's leaning quite a bit, which might have caused him to look like he was in a different positions, but it's still the same B-Mode Yeti.

Went on Everest today and that's what it looked like to me.

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
So is the consensus since the subsequent post that it's the same yeti? Much ado about nothing... (?)

There is certainly something going on. As I said in the original post, somethings changed in there. It could well be that the AA is leaning, but it looks to be leaning beyond it's normal range of motion. I'm :shrug:

Rinx

I rode Everest yesterday, and it looked to me as though something was happening with the Yeti. It was incredibly dark in there, but during the brief strobe I got a quick glimpse, and the figure looked totally diffferent. It looked as though either the yeti had been totally replaced, or the current yeti was in a totally different configuration (which I had never seen before).

I am wondeirng if there is any possibility that the original figure has been removed for a rework and a standby figure put in it's place (as they do on Dinosaur), or whether there is something new in there still being installed.

Just for information, I've notched up over 100 rides on Everset since opening, so I'm familiar with the normal show.

It may have just been in a different position. When I went in January I thought it didn't have a head but when I went on again I saw that it was oddly tucked behind it's arm in an awkward position.

kcnole

I rode this Saturday, and while I don't ride it all the time it did appear to be the same yeti with a strobe light. The lighting seemed different though which kept you from seeing the yeti even more than normal. The result is still very disappointing after they hyped the yeti so much.

Dinoman96

I rode this Saturday, and while I don't ride it all the time it did appear to be the same yeti with a strobe light. The lighting seemed different though which kept you from seeing the yeti even more than normal. The result is still very disappointing after they hyped the yeti so much.

Disney seems to hate AK in general it looks like. I could of tell with no expansions in the last four years.

_Scar

It's a known fact the concrete below him is breaking away and he's "leaning."

I sure hope he's getting fixed soon. What if it eventually just fell onto the track :O

Little Princess

It was replaced with this

matterhorn_yeti.jpg

Isnt that one of the yetis from the Matterhorn?
Sorry if it's a stupid question.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's a known fact the concrete below him is breaking away and he's "leaning."

I sure hope he's getting fixed soon. What if it eventually just fell onto the track :O

Known fact? Disney have never released any information on it, and nobody of any known status has ever made any solid comment on it. It's often rumored to be a concrete issue, but not confirmed.

Exprcoofto

Known fact? Disney have never released any information on it, and nobody of any known status has ever made any solid comment on it. It's often rumored to be a concrete issue, but not confirmed.

Not everything has to be released by Disney to be true, just sayin' :cool:

surfsupdon

Rode Everest few times this past week and was shocked at how terrible it looked. Like a wet, gy dog. It looked pathetic.

Of course I have seen Yeti in its original form, but the stduents I travelled with had not, yet still thought it was pretty cool.

scpergj

That would explain why it looked different to me. I thought it looked funny, but couldn't say if it was "different" as in changed, or "different" as in in a different position.

Very interesting...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom