XXIX Olympiad: Beijing 2008

SeaBreeze

And Phelps wins the gold in the 400m IM... that sounds familiar.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

:sohappy:

Not going to lie though... I was really hoping for a better performance by the Gator (aka Lochte) Still can't help but be happy for Phelps, especially when he says things like "I'm trying to find my mom and I can't" Aww

dandaman

Original Poster
Anyone else catch the anthem cutting off early during Phelps' award ceremony? I laughed pretty hard when it just panned over to Bush waving a tiny American flag in the stands. :lol:

Nicole220

Anyone else catch the anthem cutting off early during Phelps' award ceremony? I laughed pretty hard when it just panned over to Bush waving a tiny American flag in the stands. :lol:
Yes! How dare they cut our anthem off!! :mad:

Did the anthem sound weird to anyone else? It started in an odd place...I had a hard time "singing" along with it.

Oh, and go Phelps!! :D

sissa216

I was in Atlanta for the '96 games. My sister had just moved there not long before.

I remember how awesome it was to experience all of the events. I saw USA Womens Beach Volleyball against Brasil. I was also in attendance when the USA Womens Soccer team beat China for the Gold. That is something I will never forget.

Everytime I go to Turner Field for a baseball game, I look up at the torch and remember all the fun times I had that summer.

I've got my fingers crossed for Chicago 2016...how amazing would that be! :sohappy: Although we're up against a few other amazing beautiful settings.

Number_6

Yes! How dare they cut our anthem off!! :mad:

Did the anthem sound weird to anyone else? It started in an odd place...I had a hard time "singing" along with it.

Oh, and go Phelps!! :D

They say they were having "technical issues" and they ended up playing the Anthem again when everyone was leaving The Cube, this time without any problems.

Number_6

What about the Woman's Saber Fencing team schooling everyone? Bronze, Silver and Gold coming home to the good ol' U.S.A. :sohappy:

Yep, I mentioned that previously, but I definitely think it does deserve to be mentioned again. And I've found that I'm able to watch the Fencing events on NBC's website, which makes me even happier. :sohappy:

imagineer boy

At least the opening ceremonies were tasteful compared to the sheer weirdness that was the Italy winter olympics. Remember the dancing cows, the inside-out guy, the clowns singing YMCA, and the athletes being forced to wear clown noses? *shudders*

SeaBreeze

I'm surprised no one has commented on that amazing 400m relay last night! If you didn't watch it, you should def go to the NBC Olympics site and watch it on there... by far the best thing I've watched so far during these Games.

(Yes, I was jumping up and down shouting at the tv during it. I'm ok admitting that.)

Timmay

I'm surprised no one has commented on that amazing 400m relay last night! If you didn't watch it, you should def go to the NBC Olympics site and watch it on there... by far the best thing I've watched so far during these Games.

(Yes, I was jumping up and down shouting at the tv during it. I'm ok admitting that.)

Yep, that was a good one.

US men draw against the Netherlands (probably the best under-23 team in the world right now) in soccer. They need only a draw their next game to make it to the quarter finals.

krankenstein

That was awesome. I admit that I yelled out when they won too. :lol:

Timmay

:lol: Glad I wasn't the only one.

You should see me at our football games... :lookaroun

Go Gators! Come on, Gators - get up and go!!

My favorite team east of the Mississippi...I was born right across the street from the old Gator Bowl, home of The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. So naturally, I like 'dem Gators.

Although I went to CU. So, I'm kinda like a "Buffalo Gator".

LeeLee D

Am I seeing things?

I just watched the Opening Ceremonies - thank God for DVR - and am I :hammer: or did one of the female athletes from Spain have on Mickey ears?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom