XXIX Olympiad: Beijing 2008

dandaman

Original Poster
That's why I was laughing when the anthem cut off and he jumped up looking rather uncharacteristically enthusiastic. :lol:

maggiegrace1

That's why I was laughing when the anthem cut off and he jumped up looking rather uncharacteristically enthusiastic. :lol:
:lol:

He was just like sitting there looking bored as all hell and moving his flag back and forth every so often like.."Woo hoo":ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

SeaBreeze

:lol:

He was just like sitting there looking bored as all hell and moving his flag back and forth every so often like.."Woo hoo":ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I personally loved when they showed him checking his watch during the opening ceremony. They had 12 hours to edit the program and you know they put that in there on purpose :lol:

And Timmay: I have definitely lost my voice doing that cheer. In fact, it's usually a given that I'll be hoarse after a Tennessee or LSU game. Go Gators :sohappy:

Timmay

President Bush...bored, unenthused??

Please, than man looks like he is having the time of his life!!

14575230kp4.jpg

b2788230i2e68ed07in8.jpg

b5788238i2e69ffafhl9.jpg

:D:D:D

EPCOT.nut

A little off topic but I was just watching TV and one of those "ShamWOW!" commercials was on for the super-absorbent towels....and the guy said it is so absorbant that the Olympic Divers use it. He then demonstrated it on his arm.

Have any of you seen the Olympic Divers using ShamWOW! ?

It wasn't an endorsement, but still....:lol:

Number_6

A little off topic but I was just watching TV and one of those "ShamWOW!" commercials was on for the super-absorbent towels....and the guy said it is so absorbant that the Olympic Divers use it. He then demonstrated it on his arm.

It's a Sham.... WOW!!!

:lookaroun

Pongo

I don't know if they use ShamWOWs necessarily, but divers do use what are called "shammies" ("shammy" singular). They're the little towels you can see divers wiping themselves down with before and after a dive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shammy

SeaBreeze

:sohappy: Another great night of swimming! I'm so excited Ryan Lochte won an individual gold; always fantastic when someone from your school does so well.

Nicole220

Yay Nastia and Shawn!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Still not too happy with scoring, but hey, we got the top two spots.

davidpw97

Phelps just won his seventh gold.:sohappy: Man that was a close race. Anyone catch it?

That 2nd place guy needed one last kick or longer arms or something, he had it in the bag but should never have tried to glide those last few meters. Someone must have paid him big bucks to glide in like he did instead of trying a little harder.

yankspy

That 2nd place guy needed one last kick or longer arms or something, he had it in the bag but should never have tried to glide those last few meters. Someone must have paid him big bucks to glide in like he did instead of trying a little harder.
I have to say that that thoght did cross my mind for a moment.

Number_6

According to this article, the Serb that came in second was gliding, which I guess is what you are supposed to do when you get to the end. He would be facing forward and not really taking time to look to his right or left to see where someone else is, also he had the lead pretty much the whole race and just barely lost: http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/be...lug=dw-finaswimming081608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

article said:
On television replays, it kind of looked like Cavic got in there. He had been in the lead and was “gliding” to the wall. Phelps was midstroke or “chopping,” which is normally a poor strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom