World Series

Erika

I wish my grandpa was around to see this :sohappy:

Now... I was wondering about some of my fellow Cubs fans, the Sox hating variety... what kind of hell on earth would a Sox-Cards WS be for these people? :drevil:

imagineer boy

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALBERT PUJOLS YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS BY FAR THE MOST AMAZING HOME RUN I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALBERT IS THE MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, I'M IN A STATE OF SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lord, I'm going insane! That was incredable! GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!

imagineer boy

Oh my god oh my god, oh my god..... Sorry I'm spamming, but I'm so amazed! That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Holy crap.... Oh Albert, that was incredable!!!!!!!11

SpongeScott

imagineer boy said:
Oh my god oh my god, oh my god..... Sorry I'm spamming, but I'm so amazed! That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Holy crap.... Oh Albert, that was incredable!!!!!!!11
Would you like to have his baby while you're at it?

Wilt Dasney

SpongeScott said:
:lol:

Well, I was pulling for the Astros, but when Pujols stepped to the plate, I started thinking "You know, it would really be nice to see this series go on a little longer." Guess he read my psychic vibe.

The Cardinals were the best team in baseball all year. They've now staved off the Reaper once. If they can do it twice more, they'll definitely have earned their spot as World Series favorites.

(I still say Go 'Stros, tho.)

DDuckFan130

SpongeScott said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And Beej, I think a lot of us gave him the vibe because my sister said "I bet he's going to hit a homer to make the series interesting" and my friend said "Uh oh...he's so going to homer..."

Go Astros! :D

FanofDinsey1981

They were ONE STRIKE AWAY from the World Series. Amazing job by the cards, what an ending to the game. I was in bed watching the game, and I had my finger on the power button with that last strike looming.....thinking the sox will be playing houston in the WS.....

THEN BAM!!!

I think Pujols knew he was going to hit a home run. That was a monster shot!

So I got to sleep about a half hour less last night, but it was well worth it to see that ending.

Dwarful

Oh my GOD! I wish Jack was alive to announce that game! Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy! I was so thrilled just to prove those da#@ announcers wrong. I was getting really sick of hearing about Busch stadium getting torn down in a day or two and the Astros playing the Cardinals....then here comes Albert hey hey hey hits the ball in the stands, sell the ball on ebay...ok for those outside of the st.louis area they won't get the song reference, but still...

it was the baseball version of MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE (blues hockey)! what a thriller!

SpongeScott

Dwarful said:
Oh my GOD! I wish Jack was alive to announce that game! Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy! I was so thrilled just to prove those da#@ announcers wrong. I was getting really sick of hearing about Busch stadium getting torn down in a day or two and the Astros playing the Cardinals....
I agree. I thought they were putting a whole lot of emphasis on the history of the Astros and all the players that never made it, all the numbers hanging on the wall, Nolan Ryan, etc. They were a little too hasty.

rainfully

Dwarful said:
Oh my GOD! I wish Jack was alive to announce that game! Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy! I was so thrilled just to prove those da#@ announcers wrong. I was getting really sick of hearing about Busch stadium getting torn down in a day or two and the Astros playing the Cardinals....then here comes Albert hey hey hey hits the ball in the stands, sell the ball on ebay...ok for those outside of the st.louis area they won't get the song reference, but still...

it was the baseball version of MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE (blues hockey)! what a thriller!

St. Louis Cardinals... St. Louis Cardinals this year! ;) :wave:

imagineer boy

Lil'mermaid said:
One of the guys in my sports and entertainment marketing class walked in today and proclaimed "God must be a Cardinals fan!" :lol:

Man, I'm still in shock over the homerun!:lol: I swear, that was a once in a century thing. You will never see such a fantastic homerun game saver again in a long time. Even if we make it to the world series, nothing will top that. I think that its the best play of the year for the cardinals period. And the thing I liked about it was that it wasn't even a cheap Minuite Maid Park homerun. It was a monster! Whoo!

Wilt Dasney

SpongeScott said:
I agree. I thought they were putting a whole lot of emphasis on the history of the Astros and all the players that never made it, all the numbers hanging on the wall, Nolan Ryan, etc. They were a little too hasty.
I was thinking the same thing. First they pulled out that stock footage of the Astros as the Colt .45's, then they showed some footage of Busch Stadium, all in the bottom of the 8th. I was thinking "Geez, guys, can't you at least wait until St. Louis is up in the 9th and has an out or two before you start looking ahead this much?"

SpongeScott

imagineer boy said:

Man, I'm still in shock over the homerun!:lol: I swear, that was a once in a century thing. You will never see such a fantastic homerun game saver again in a long time. Even if we make it to the world series, nothing will top that. I think that its the best play of the year for the cardinals period. And the thing I liked about it was that it wasn't even a cheap Minuite Maid Park homerun. It was a monster! Whoo!
The HR was huge and could be the series-buster. BUT, if StL fails to win this series, it really means nothing. What will be interesting is to see the psyche of Houston losing the game the way it did, having to go back to StL, and what Lidge's brain has running through it.

nibblesandbits

Dwarful said:
....then here comes Albert hey hey hey hits the ball in the stands, sell the ball on ebay...ok for those outside of the st.louis area they won't get the song reference, but still...

Dwarful, I know exactly what you are talking about! :lol: I miss that song!
(Sidenote: Did you know that Craig Cornett isn't going to be on the air anymore...that makes me sad:( )

rainfully said:
Dear Albert Pujols,

Thank you for bringing us at least one more game at my beloved Busch Stadium.

You're amazing.

~Rain

That letter can be signed from me too! God, I love Phat Albert!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom