World Series

rainfully

nibblesandbits said:
Congrats Rain! You are SO freaking lucky! (And prolly out of a heck of a lot of money!) Cheer extra loud for me!!!

Thanks!!

I'm sure I won't be able to talk by the end of the game... :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

anyone else score tickets to the games in chicago or potential games in houston/st louis?

My husband and I took up the white sox on the deal where if you put down a deposit for season tickets for next year, you could buy world series tickets this year. We have yet to hear back though, they are still processing all of the deposits, so I am thinking it will be a 50/50 shot that we might get tickets for games 1 and/or 2.

I have been on edge all morning waiting for that da@n call.

Dizparks

Oh well, it was a good series and a good season while it lasted. The Cards will most likely have another great season next year, and take the new ballpark on a wonderful season. I guess going to the World Series for the first time ever should be neat for Houston fans, just don't get really upset when the White Sox own you guys.

SpongeScott

I'm sure FOX hates this matchup, but it's gonna be nice to have either a first-time winner or one that hasn't won in like a billion years. This is good for baseball.

GenerationX

White Sox vs. Astros. I agree this is not the matchup Fox wanted, though it will do well in Chicago (3rd largest market) and Houston (10th). Not quite N.Y. (1st) vs. L.A. (2nd), I know.

I tried to get tickets to the Chicago games - had all three computers hitting the site - but my efforts went unrewarded. The fact that they sold out in 15 minutes didn't help. None of my friends, family, or co-workers scored tickets during the initial sale, either. I may have to go the ticket broker route.

BeachClubVillas

SpongeScott said:
I'm sure FOX hates this matchup, but it's gonna be nice to have either a first-time winner or one that hasn't won in like a billion years. This is good for baseball.

I agree. If it couldn't be the Red Sox again, I'm glad it's going to be a team that hasn't had a chance. I'm rooting for Chicago.

And even though we won't be champions for much longer, I just can't resist:

RSCN0087.JPG

GO RED SOX!! :lol:

FanofDinsey1981

GenerationX said:
White Sox vs. Astros. I agree this is not the matchup Fox wanted, though it will do well in Chicago (3rd largest market) and Houston (10th). Not quite N.Y. (1st) vs. L.A. (2nd), I know.

I tried to get tickets to the Chicago games - had all three computers hitting the site - but my efforts went unrewarded. The fact that they sold out in 15 minutes didn't help. None of my friends, family, or co-workers scored tickets during the initial sale, either. I may have to go the ticket broker route.

My husband, sister, her bf, my dad, and I were all online and on the phone. but to no avail. I think my husband is going on ebay this morning to buy tickets for game 1. We are still waiting for that call about season tickets, but I think we applied way to late.

My husband actually made the decision about the tickets. He is still kicking himself for not trying to get tickets to Michael Jordan's last game in the 1998 NBA championships (he was in Utah at the time). And he is still re-living the bartman moment (and all of those horrible moments that followed), knowing full well he would have paid a lot of money to go to the WS for the cubbies. I think he is trying to live through my sister and I.

FanofDinsey1981

I am about ready to BURST! My husband got the call today. We are now season ticket holders for the Chicago White Sox! and....I have 2 tickets to all 4 world series games at Comiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh. My. God. I. am. freeking. out.

SpongeScott

FanofDinsey1981 said:
I am about ready to BURST! My husband got the call today. We are now season ticket holders for the Chicago White Sox! and....I have 2 tickets to all 4 world series games at Comiskey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

En.joy.:)

Wilt Dasney

FanofDinsey1981 said:

Congrats! Be sure to wave to the rest of us Saturday and Sunday. :wave:

FanofDinsey1981

Wilt Dasney said:
Congrats! Be sure to wave to the rest of us Saturday and Sunday. :wave:

I will be the one wearing a sox jersey over my sweatshirt. and a white sox hat. next to my sister, who will be wearing the same. on the 1st base line, upperdeck. I am sure you will have NO problem spotting me!:lol:

imagineer boy

Well it was a great season while it lasted. I've gotten so attached to the players though, that I'm really going to miss them! I'm glad we atleast got one last game at Bush. I noticed that when the Astros were celebrating, the fans were still yelling "Let's go Cardinals!" :lol: That's great.I just got back from signing my good byes on Bush stadium. A stadium shop person said that Jim Edmonds tore up his own outfield with a golf cart. :lol:

And I do too hope that Chicago beats the tar out of Houston ( If they win, the Cubs fans will be beside themselves :lol: ) because Houston doesn't deserve to win. They got cheap homeruns, deliberately closed the staduim roof just to make it loud and have us loose our concentration. The Astros are nothing but a bunch of cheaters! :mad:

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Well it was a great season while it lasted. I've gotten so attached to the players though, that I'm really going to miss them! I'm glad we atleast got one last game at Bush. I noticed that when the Astros were celebrating, the fans were still yelling "Let's go Cardinals!" :lol: That's great.I just got back from signing my good byes on Bush stadium. A stadium shop person said that Jim Edmonds tore up his own outfield with a golf cart. :lol:

And I do too hope that Chicago beats the tar out of Houston ( If they win, the Cubs fans will be beside themselves :lol: ) because Houston doesn't deserve to win. They got cheap homeruns, deliberately closed the staduim roof just to make it loud and have us loose our concentration. The Astros are nothing but a bunch of cheaters! :mad:
I respect your opinion as a Cards fan, but to me that last part did not make sense :veryconfu

SpongeScott

imagineer boy said:
That is absolutely the DUMBEST thing I have read here. Cheaters? How about that Busch Stadium holds more people than Minute Maid Park, so therefore the Cardinals cheated by having more fans, which was disruptive to the Astros.

Face it, the Cards got beat. You lost. They won. Case closed. StL was outhit, outpitched, outplayed, outmanaged. You could have gotten cheap HR's just like them, but you didn't. The Astros won two of three in Busch--they didn't lose their concentration.

Don't be a sore loser.

imagineer boy

DDuckFan130 said:
I respect your opinion as a Cards fan, but to me that last part did not make sense :veryconfu

Well, the news people said that there was only a three degree difference from outside, so why not keep the dome open? No, the reason why they left it closed was because the crowd noise level magnifies when the roof is over head, so that way it could distract the cardinals players. Now that's what I call low.

Oh, and Spounge Scott, I am not being a sore looser. Yes, Bush stadium has more people than Minuite Maid, but there's no roof! The sound doesn't magnify as much. I don't think we were outdone, we just got jipped because of all of the TERRIBLE umpire calls ( and Astros got none? Coincidence? ), cheap Minuite Maid homeruns by Astros, and biased media coverage.

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Well, the news people said that there was only a three degree difference from outside, so why not keep the dome open? No, the reason why they left it closed was because the crowd noise level magnifies when the roof is over head, so that way it could distract the cardinals players. Now that's what I call low.

Oh, and Spounge Scott, I am not being a sore looser. Yes, Bush stadium has more people than Minuite Maid, but there's no roof! The sound doesn't magnify as much. I don't think we were outdone, we just got jipped because of all of the TERRIBLE umpire calls ( and Astros got none? Coincidence? ), cheap Minuite Maid homeruns by Astros, and biased media coverage.
You may refer to the media as biased, but being on the losing end here, don't you think you are being biased yourself? If the Cards had won, would the complaints be there?

imagineer boy

DDuckFan130 said:
You may refer to the media as biased, but being on the losing end here, don't you think you are being biased yourself? If the Cards had won, would the complaints be there?

Oh yes, they still would be there. I'd especialy still be fuming about the terrible umpire call on Edmonds.

DDuckFan130

imagineer boy said:
Oh yes, they still would be there. I'd especialy still be fuming about the terrible umpire call on Edmonds.
:lol: Somehow I doubt it. I'm sure you'd be too busy celebrating to bother with the complaints. But eh whatever. Bad calls will always be made, and the Cards are not just jinxed like that. Just remember the meaning of good sportsmanship. If Yankees fans were able to do it last year and the Angels were able to do it this year, so could you :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom