World Series

imagineer boy

Ha ha ha ha ha! On the news they just interviewed the David Hasselhoff loving american idol auditioner, Dark! :lol: It turns out that he's a big cardinal fan too. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Number_6 said:
This just in from The Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/41612

Fox Cancels ALCS After Just Two Episodes

October 13, 2005 | Onion Sports

LOS ANGELES—Fox Entertainment president Gail Berman announced Thursday that the network is pulling the plug on ALCS, the new three-hour drama/comedy about two rival clubs competing for the coveted "pennant," just two shows into its run. "This uninspired series featured a cast of uninteresting characters, a hackneyed plot, and more boring narration than actual meaningful dialogue," Berman said. "We tried to find an audience on Tuesdays, then on Wednesdays, and we were prepared to move its time slot to Friday nights or Saturday afternoons before ultimately realizing that the series had zero potential." Television experts cited several other possible reasons for the early cancellation, such as the overly expensive sets and costumes, the show's subject matter, and the fact that the series' projected breakout character—a brash, outspoken black man named Carl Everett—tested very poorly with audiences. Fox remains optimistic about its other fledgling program, NLCS, but critics say the series has "very little chance" of making it past seven episodes.

Shucks....and the end of Episode 2 was so interesting. :(

nibblesandbits

well while the Cards losing was a disappointment, it's not like they still don't have a chance. They had just won 4 games in a row...they were due a loss. We'll get it back the next time.

Dizparks

imagineer boy said:
Ha ha ha ha ha! On the news they just interviewed the David Hasselhoff loving american idol auditioner, Dark! :lol: It turns out that he's a big cardinal fan too. :lol:

Actually it's Dirk, lol. Yeah he lives here and Granite City and is very annoying. lol :lol:

Dwarful

Keeping fingers crossed for my Cards to rally back and bring home a win or TWO!

I don't watch football, and my boys in Blue aren't so hot yet...so we have to make this last well into October!

imagineer boy

Well, Reggie is saying that he's okay, and will probably play in game three. Walker's neck is acting up again unfortunately, so they'll probably have to bring in So Taguchi.

Dwarful

imagineer boy said:
Well, Reggie is saying that he's okay, and will probably play in game three. Walker's neck is acting up again unfortunately, so they'll probably have to bring in So Taguchi.

If Larry needs a neck rub, I'll be happy to oblige ;)

seriously though, I hope R & W are both alright and will be up for a long run to the WS. I'd love to end the run at the old Busch Stadium on a high note.

nibblesandbits

Dwarful said:
If Larry needs a neck rub, I'll be happy to oblige ;)

seriously though, I hope R & W are both alright and will be up for a long run to the WS. I'd love to end the run at the old Busch Stadium on a high note.
You aren't the only one who would love to end the run of Busch on a bang. I think it would be perfect if we could win the world series the year we loose such an awesome stadium.

Dizparks

Wow, looks like these announcers really like the Cards :rolleyes:. They're all Astros this and Astros that, I mean it's good to talk about the teams, but to not even talk about the Cards.

Number_6

imagineer boy said:
And those announcers got on my last nerve! Where's Joe Buck or Dan McGlaglin when you need them?

Hey, last year having Joe Buck(Cardinals Announcer like his father before him) and Tim McCarver(Cardinals player who was World Series MVP in 1964 and played in two other World Series with the Cardinals) be the announcers for the World Series... It just seemed a little biased is all. If the NLCS this year has announcers pulling a bit for the Astros, it's because they've never been there and it's always nice to see someone different in(though I wouldn't have complained about the Red Sox being back there this year). Right now, I'm rooting for an Astros/White Sox World Series myself.

nibblesandbits

Number_6 said:
Hey, last year having Joe Buck(Cardinals Announcer like his father before him) and Tim McCarver(Cardinals player who was World Series MVP in 1964 and played in two other World Series with the Cardinals) be the announcers for the World Series... It just seemed a little biased is all. If the NLCS this year has announcers pulling a bit for the Astros, it's because they've never been there and it's always nice to see someone different in(though I wouldn't have complained about the Red Sox being back there this year). Right now, I'm rooting for an Astros/White Sox World Series myself.
Actually I have to disagree with the Joe Buck/Tim McCarver thing being biased. First off, Joe Buck really does a great job at not relaying which team he roots for. The only reason you may know is because of who his dad was. Plus, I think that McCarver actually hates the Cardinals because my dad said they traded him and it wasn't a good trade. (I could be wrong on that one...I thought that's who my dad was talking about :) )

I actually think it's easier to spot people who don't like the Cardinals. I agree with brian that a lot of announcers want nothing to do with the Cards and go well out of their way (and noticably, I might add) to show their disdain.

*gets off soapbox*

GenerationX

6 down, 5 to go.

The umpire's call on the Angels double play ball (Iguchi didn't actually touch second base before throwing it to first) was an extreme rarity. Usually the umpires let the secondbaseman/shortstop get away with not touching the bag. Not this time. I'm guessing it was done to make-up for the missed calls that all went in the White Sox favor. By then, it didn't really matter though.

Go White Sox! :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

I leave for 4 days and look what happens! I am going to WDW more often....

my trip report will be up soon, but for right now, Iwill tell my story as it relates to this thread.

Wednesday night was spent at my parents house to watch lost and the sox game on the big screen/HDTV. beautiful. My dad, sister and I watched the sox game, and all agreed that we didn't want the game to end the way it did. but I don't fault AJ for going to first. and Joe "clutch" Crede came up huge yet again with his double. (and Ozuna's steal to put him in scoring position).

Friday night was spent at MK, and I called my husband and sister about 10 times to get score updates. The game was actually over by the time we made our way out of MK after the parade, but I did get to catch some of the post game reports. I was FLYIN HIGH that night!

Saturday night was EPCOT, and we had dinner outside at Rose and Crown. I was there with a friend, and the friend's mother. My friend's father was calling us with updates every 20 minutes or so, and it made me and the white sox fan sitting behind me VERY happy. We made it back to Wilderness Lodge in plenty of time for me to watch the 7,8, and 9th innings. I was FLYING VERY HIGH that night.

Sunday was my flight home, and by the time my husband picked me up at the airport, and we got back to mom and dad's, we had only missed the first inning. I got to watch my white sox clinch the ALCS with my dad and sister, both big sox fans, and my husband and future bro-in-law, who are big cubs fans. (but are happy for us sox fans).

You may have heard my dad, sister and I yelling at the tv (nearly in unison) with the call at first with AJ. I think he wants to be in the middle of controversy.....

As much as I would love to see St. Louis/Chicago go at it in the WS, I will be VERY excited if Houston wins tonight. With the schedule set as is for the WS, we will be flying into Houston the morning of game 5. and we have nothing planned yet for that night, so my husband and I are going to try for 2 tickets to that game.

This week is going to go by SO SLOW without baseball to watch.

SpongeScott

congrats on the WHITE Sox making the World Series!

I just realized last night that I have never seen a Chicago team in the World Series in my lifetime (born in 1961).

Go Houston!

FanofDinsey1981 said:
I leave for 4 days and look what happens! I am going to WDW more often....

my trip report will be up soon, but for right now, Iwill tell my story as it relates to this thread.

Wednesday night was spent at my parents house to watch lost and the sox game on the big screen/HDTV. beautiful. My dad, sister and I watched the sox game, and all agreed that we didn't want the game to end the way it did. but I don't fault AJ for going to first. and Joe "clutch" Crede came up huge yet again with his double. (and Ozuna's steal to put him in scoring position).

Friday night was spent at MK, and I called my husband and sister about 10 times to get score updates. The game was actually over by the time we made our way out of MK after the parade, but I did get to catch some of the post game reports. I was FLYIN HIGH that night!

Saturday night was EPCOT, and we had dinner outside at Rose and Crown. I was there with a friend, and the friend's mother. My friend's father was calling us with updates every 20 minutes or so, and it made me and the white sox fan sitting behind me VERY happy. We made it back to Wilderness Lodge in plenty of time for me to watch the 7,8, and 9th innings. I was FLYING VERY HIGH that night.

Sunday was my flight home, and by the time my husband picked me up at the airport, and we got back to mom and dad's, we had only missed the first inning. I got to watch my white sox clinch the ALCS with my dad and sister, both big sox fans, and my husband and future bro-in-law, who are big cubs fans. (but are happy for us sox fans).

You may have heard my dad, sister and I yelling at the tv (nearly in unison) with the call at first with AJ. I think he wants to be in the middle of controversy.....

As much as I would love to see St. Louis/Chicago go at it in the WS, I will be VERY excited if Houston wins tonight. With the schedule set as is for the WS, we will be flying into Houston the morning of game 5. and we have nothing planned yet for that night, so my husband and I are going to try for 2 tickets to that game.

This week is going to go by SO SLOW without baseball to watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom