World of Color?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Hmm... Not so sure about that. The average SoCal'er takes life far more calmly than the average Bostonian. I lived in the Northeast for years, and I can't tell you how I pined for the laid back California lifestyle while living in New England.

Then I go to WDW and encounter a stereotypical person from a certain section of the country, bellowing in a regional accent that is like nails on a chalkboard, and generally stressing out about everything from Fastpass to fireworks to refillable mugs. Loudly. Very, very LOUDLY.

And I remember how much I enjoy Disneyland and Orange County, California. :D

I don't suppose you are referring to people that hail from my corner of the US, are you? :lookaroun :lol: I swear we aren't all that obnoxious!

TP2000

I don't suppose you are referring to people that hail from my corner of the US, are you? :lookaroun :lol: I swear we aren't all that obnoxious!

Well... :eek:

I actually still have about a dozen dear friends spread between Boston and New Jersey that I miss very much. And I know from first hand experience the distinct charms and beauty of New England and the mid-Atlantic states; the foods, the history, the culture. By the end of my years back East I could even identify the subtle difference between a Rhode Island and a South Boston accent.

But when I'm at WDW and it's hot and muggy and I'm standing in line behind a screeching specimen of said region, in full melt-down mode over some perceived inequality or trifle, I'm reminded of how nice it can be to surround yourself at Disneyland with mellow beach dads and their botoxed surfer-girl wives instead. :lol:

On the flip side, the Disneyland Annual Passholder gets to be very, very good at figuring out all the little tricks and tips to working the offerings at the Resort. If they do in fact go with this Fastpass idea for World of Color, it will be interesting to see how the local AP's try and maneuver their way around that system that naturally favors the tourists staying in hotels instead of park-hopping locals.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Well... :eek:

I actually still have about a dozen dear friends spread between Boston and New Jersey that I miss very much. And I know from first hand experience the distinct charms and beauty of New England and the mid-Atlantic states; the foods, the history, the culture. By the end of my years back East I could even identify the subtle difference between a Rhode Island and a South Boston accent.

But when I'm at WDW and it's hot and muggy and I'm standing in line behind a screeching specimen of said region, in full melt-down mode over some perceived inequality or trifle, I'm reminded of how nice it can be to surround yourself at Disneyland with mellow beach dads and their botoxed surfer-girl wives instead. :lol:

On the flip side, the Disneyland Annual Passholder gets to be very, very good at figuring out all the little tricks and tips to working the offerings at the Resort. If they do in fact go with this Fastpass idea for World of Color, it will be interesting to see how the local AP's try and maneuver their way around that system that naturally favors the tourists staying in hotels instead of park-hopping locals.

How does the proposed system favor the tourists?

TP2000

How does the proposed system favor the tourists?

You'd need to be there first thing in the morning when the park opens to get the Fastpasses for the show. Plus, it's rumored that lots of the tickets will be pulled out of the system in advance for DVC and Concierge level guests staying on Disney property.

The average AP gets to the park after work on Friday, or after Target on Saturday, or after church on Sunday, and they only stay for a few hours. World of Color Fastpass will be great for those able to dedicate 12 hours to being in or near the theme park. The AP's dive-bombing in for a few hours to catch their favorites won't have a chance of getting a World of Color Fastpass. And with 1 Million local AP's in SoCal, there will be plenty of people wanting to see this show this summer.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
You'd need to be there first thing in the morning when the park opens to get the Fastpasses for the show. Plus, it's rumored that lots of the tickets will be pulled out of the system in advance for DVC and Concierge level guests staying on Disney property.

The average AP gets to the park after work on Friday, or after Target on Saturday, or after church on Sunday, and they only stay for a few hours. World of Color Fastpass will be great for those able to dedicate 12 hours to being in or near the theme park. The AP's dive-bombing in for a few hours to catch their favorites won't have a chance of getting a World of Color Fastpass. And with 1 Million local AP's in SoCal, there will be plenty of people wanting to see this show this summer.

Interesting. I forgot about how DL attendance is so heavily influenced by the locals. Doesn't bother me any though since I'm not local. :lol: :lookaroun On July 13th I will be rolling out of bed at the Grand Californian and picking up my ShowPass (supposedly) and then going back to bed for a while.

TP2000

Interesting. I forgot about how DL attendance is so heavily influenced by the locals. Doesn't bother me any though since I'm not local. :lol: :lookaroun On July 13th I will be rolling out of bed at the Grand Californian and picking up my ShowPass (supposedly) and then going back to bed for a while.

Good for you! That's exactly how it is supposed to work, especially for folks willing to spend the money to stay on property, and I envy you your summer vacation. :wave:

I hope you'll let us know here how your SoCal trip went when you get home.

sponono88

i'll be there that day, tiggerific! July 13th = my birthday :)

The ShowPass does seem to benefit tourists more than the locals.. Although the latest rumor now says that the second show will not use the ticket system. If true, i'm sure the second WoC showing will be very popular with APs..

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Good for you! That's exactly how it is supposed to work, especially for folks willing to spend the money to stay on property, and I envy you your summer vacation. :wave:

I hope you'll let us know here how your SoCal trip went when you get home.

Oh there will definitely be discussion of my first ever DLR trip. I've been waiting about 20 years to do this so I'm rather excited. :D :lol: I appreciate all of you West Coast folks on this forum for putting up with my incessant questions, comments, and general discussion of DL. I also want to thank everyone for keeping things updated around here. I barely have enough time to keep up with this site much less start reading DL forums. :lol:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
i'll be there that day, tiggerific! July 13th = my birthday :)

The ShowPass does seem to benefit tourists more than the locals.. Although the latest rumor now says that the second show will not use the ticket system. If true, i'm sure the second WoC showing will be very popular with APs..

See ya there! :wave: My sister and I will be two of the 3,999 people (give or take a few) watching WOC with you that night! :lol:

sponono88

[youtube]BG33goaBh-o[/youtube]

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Just, wow

Amazing! :sohappy:

That's actually part of the soundtrack from the show - love it! And it looks like Zurg is done out of lasers!

For those who wondered if MFW would be used in the show - someone on MiceChat recorded this video last night

[youtube]BP3tPH4bY9I[/youtube]

looks like a new lighting pattern, and it was being used during WoC Testing

imagineer boy

Looks fantastic. Really beautiful and spendid visuals.

But I honestly don't care for the music though. Just typical tween Disney Channel inspired pop fireworks music crap. For the love of god, get Gavin Greenaway to compose a ROE type score!

But other than that it looks wonderful.

Testtrack321

Looks fantastic. Really beautiful and spendid visuals.

But I honestly don't care for the music though. Just typical tween Disney Channel inspired pop fireworks music crap. For the love of god, get Gavin Greenaway to compose a ROE type score!

But other than that it looks wonderful.

I *like* the music, I think it fits well. It's the Wonderful World of Color, not some new snow that needs direction and music.

sponono88

^I agree, I think the music sounds fantastic. Everyone else seems to love the music as well. I don't hear anything Disney Channel or tween about it :shrug: I can't remember the last time a Disney Channel song was recorded at Abbey Road studios with an 100-piece orchestra.

Not sure what you were expecting, seeing as the show is about the colorful worlds of Disney.. "The Wonderful World of Color." A score similar to RoE would not be a good match for WoC's theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom