World of Color?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I don't think they look hideous.. It's a seaside park, the beachy/colorful look fits the theme. at least they provide a good amount of shade, they'll be taken down for the show.

as for the trellises - there was a rumor that they'd be removed. they're still there for now, nobody knows what will happen to them. they look a bit odd right now because they vines aren't fully grown in.

I'm just not a fan of the colors and stripes really. The solid green ones look the best to me. Not a big deal to me though. It's just a bunch of umbrellas. They do seem to provide a lot of necessary shade.

Hopefully they will Miracle-Gro the heck out of those vines or just get rid of the trellises. Forgot to mention this earlier, but I love the Countdown to WoC signage they are putting everywhere. It is so nice to see Disney really valuing the show and doing their best to make this thing as good as it can be.

sponono88

I'm just not a fan of the colors and stripes really. The solid green ones look the best to me. Not a big deal to me though. It's just a bunch of umbrellas. They do seem to provide a lot of necessary shade.

Hopefully they will Miracle-Gro the heck out of those vines or just get rid of the trellises. Forgot to mention this earlier, but I love the Countdown to WoC signage they are putting everywhere. It is so nice to see Disney really valuing the show and doing their best to make this thing as good as it can be.

I dunno, I think they're fun and add more life to the area. Again, it's supposed to be a beachy theme.. all green would look too uniform I think. But yeah, they're just umbrellas ;)

as for the trellises - I had also heard that they were going to replace them with new ones that would use a different design. we'll just have to wait and see what happens..

Al Lutz just posted the following:
Editor's Note 5/6: TDA pulled the trigger on Wednesday and extended DCA hours for at least the first week of World of Color, with an 11PM closing time June 11 through 19. They may revert back to 10PM once the AP summer blockouts kick in, or they may try for the later closings through summer depending on how the spending numbers read to them. Stay tuned, as anything involving World of Color is now very fluid and subject to change. - Al Lutz

sponono88

For those wondering about Alice - DisneyLD at Micechat confirmed today that it has indeed been cut from the show. He's usually pretty reliable with his info..

The good news is.. he said it's possible that they're saving it as an encore for the show - which would make sense considering they put a lot of work into this particular scene (paper animation, hand-drawn animation, etc.) No word about Little Squirt though.

In other news, asianbma snapped this screenshot of MFW lighting in action during World of Color testing

Capture.png

cdunbar

For those wondering about Alice - DisneyLD at Micechat confirmed today that it has indeed been cut from the show. He's usually pretty reliable with his info..
That's really depressing! I mean and it seems so silly because that was most of the concept art they released...

hpyhnt 1000

No Alice? Well, thats disappointing to say the least. What has it been replaced with, a Pirates section? :brick:

Hopefully it does appear as an encore extra.

sponono88

Was at the parks today (DCA mostly) and Blue Sky Cellar is now in full World of Color mode! In addition to the new countdown banners, they have a screen with a live countdown to the show's premiere:

[youtube]sggji3gTz5U[/youtube]

The two other screens in the main entrance feature a footage reel of WoC testing, the other screen features video of construction work for the show.

The main screening room inside the BSC now features two videos from the Disney Parks Blogs - it alternates between "Pixar and World of Color" and "Paper Animation for World of Color." This in addition to the new TLM paper sculptures, and I also heard the old World of Color theme song being used for background music. Pretty cool! A lot of visitors strolling in, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the testing videos..

And here's another look at Paradise Park (viewing area).. now with umbrellas! video from earlier today:

[youtube]KZF7z61dUI8[/youtube]

sponono88

an update from Al Lutz on the new World of Color Fastpass

Editor's Note 5/10: Burbank's legal and corporate red tape couldn't get the proposed "Showpass" moniker approved in time, so they'll just be calling it World of Color Fastpass when it launches next month. Get to the Grizzly River Run ticket machines early, and just hope you pull a ticket in either Yellow A, B, C, or Red A and B sections. If you pull a Blue section ticket over by the Golden Zephyr, you might as well toss 'em and wait to get into Yellow or Red at the later non-Fastpass shows. - Al Lutz

NMBC1993

Well I must say that is really depressing, I'm sad to see such a great idea get tossed out so randomly. The worst part of all those for me anyway is the fact that if Alice has been cut I have no hope for Dr. Facilier to still be in the show. I was looking forward to seeing him introduce the villains segment as I think he is an amazing addition to the Disney family, but since Disney got the idea that the film was a huge flop (even though it made it's budget back and pocketed an extra $100 million) I can't see them using PATF in anything for a while. Which is a shame because I thought it would make a great addition to WOC but instead they went the marketing way by randomly inserting a Pirates segment, they even reused the Davy Jones audio from the attraction.

sponono88

I'm pretty sure PatF is still in the show - it will be part of the ending/Transformation scene. A character montage for WoC that was released recently featured Princess Tiana.

NMBC1993

I'm pretty sure PatF is still in the show - it will be part of the ending/Transformation scene. A character montage for WoC that was released recently featured Princess Tiana.

I did see that, I figured it was just part of the marketing or something because as someone pointed out it looked very cut and paste. Hopefully you are right we'll just have to wait and see, since it hard to see anything in those test videos. I'll be glad if it made the final cut but am still depressed that it has been condensed to a clip in a montage and not this grand opening they described back at D23.

wild01ride

an update from Al Lutz on the new World of Color Fastpass

Editor's Note 5/10: Burbank's legal and corporate red tape couldn't get the proposed "Showpass" moniker approved in time, so they'll just be calling it World of Color Fastpass when it launches next month. Get to the Grizzly River Run ticket machines early, and just hope you pull a ticket in either Yellow A, B, C, or Red A and B sections. If you pull a Blue section ticket over by the Golden Zephyr, you might as well toss 'em and wait to get into Yellow or Red at the later non-Fastpass shows. - Al Lutz

So, wait - did I miss something. The Al Lutz quote mentions a bunch of details with the assumption that the Fastpass thing is already completely clear. Is that so???
I mean, I've read about the Fastpass concept for WoC, but this roundabout mentions:
1) The first show will be a Fastpass show
2) The "later" (10:15 and 11:30, I presume) shows will be non-Fastpass
3) There are Fastpass ticket machines for it near Grizzly River Run (and elsewhere???)

Can anyone point me to anything that I may have missed that contains the foundation of information that this post is based on?
Sorry, I'm just trying to catch up on some DLR info for our trip this Summer - I generally consider myself in the know about WDW, but DLR is almost foreign for me.
Thanks! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom