World of Color?

Sassagoula-Rvr

It's going to be one of Disney's best specatculars ever. I believe you will be seated in an ampitheater. I wished it was open last summer when I made my first trip out there. Looks like I may be waiting a while though to see it because it is more economical for me to go to WDW for about the same price as DL and get more days and more parks. But DL is AMAZING!:shrug:

sponono88

small tidbits and details have been leaked here and there.. this is the amphitheater/viewing area that is currently being built for the show. i'm guessing it'll be similar to DL's fantasmic viewing area (includes sitting/standing areas).

recently screamscape.com released additional info about the show:

2010 - Disney’s World of Color - (4/17/09) Today we received a micro-burst transmission from one of our deep undercover spies which contained some juicy new information about Disney’s Wonderful World of Color show. All along we’ve heard the goal for this show was to make it the “Fantasmic Killer”… the much needed “Killer App” for DCA to lure in and keep the crowds after dark. Up front they knew that to do this, the show was going to need cutting edge technology, something that would “Wow” people today the same way that Fantasmic did in the ‘90s. They also knew, from past experience with Pyro on the lake, that the show simply couldn’t rely on adding more pyro to make it flashy due to all the smoke problems. Lets go over briefly some of the technology I’m told we’ll see put to use in the show.

First up is a little something they called the Water Whip, which is a moving water fountain unit that is able to rotate and tilt up to 55º in any direction. I’m going to guess that this is the water equivalent of a theatrical “moving light” fixture. From what I understand the show will use somewhere near 2,200 water fountains total in the lake, with each hooked up to a “LED light ring” to create extremely bright vivid colors in the water. If that wasn’t cool enough, I understand that they have also created a little something called a Flame Whip, which will work in much the same fashion as the Water Whips, but with a flame thrower unit. I’ve also been led to believe that these flame units may also be able to create different color flames through the injection of specific chemicals into the mix.
Now anyone who has seen the construction pictures lately has got to be wondering just what that huge stage-like structure is they are building in the middle of the lake. From my basic understanding, the various show elements will be mounted to this surface, which will be divided up into over 170 different “table” units, each able to rise to the surface and lower again as needed on an individual basis.

Now while we’ve covered all the “next gen” technology to be used for the water and fire effects, lets talk a bit about the video side of things. Like Fantasmic this show will feature projections onto several large water screens, but that’s where the similarities end. The largest water screen in this show will shoot water an amazing 100 feet into the air, and fan out to form a surface approximately 280 feet wide. For a quick mental visual comparison, remember that Mickey’s Fun Wheel is approximately 150 feet tall and wide. If that wasn’t big enough, I’m told that this massive central screen will link up with two smaller water screens on either side, to increase the overall size of the screen space to 400 feet wide.

To ensure the bright crisp images, I’m told that they will use a pair of video projectors for each section of the screen, with a total of 6 of the double-stacked rigs put to use at once to be housed inside some kind of lighthouse themed structure. In addition to these, though the use of some of the moving water fountains, they will be able to create a moving “screen” of water that will be projected upon by some separate projectors that will move in sync with the screen. I’ve also heard something about how they will use a 50 foot tall Chernabog figure, where the entire head area will be created with a mist screen. Overall, this show seems set to do just what they planned and become DCA’s much needed Killer App.

Disneyson 1

I just have to say that although everyone says the Mickey head's gonna talk and/or be used as a giant projector, there's a very very light yellow sun in the middle of the CA Screamin' loop that has NOTHING in the middle of it and also has a building on it PERFECT FOR PLACING A PROJECTOR! I believe we're being tricked with this Mickey head.

disneykw

So I read on the Wikipedia page for World of Color that it's being composed by Gavin Greenaway. I hope this is true cause he's the same guy that composed both Illuminations: ROE AND BraviSEAmo! This guy is pure awesome! Totally looking forward to this. Anyone else heard anything about it?

EPCOT Explorer

So I read on the Wikipedia page for World of Color that it's being composed by Gavin Greenaway. I hope this is true cause he's the same guy that composed both Illuminations: ROE AND BraviSEAmo! This guy is pure awesome! Totally looking forward to this. Anyone else heard anything about it?

Ah...:D

This should be AMAZING.

sponono88

this link was posted over at the micechat forums

http://uk.futuroscope.com/evening-show-blue-note-mystery.php

it's a high-tech water show from a european theme park. it has impressive effects and is possibly a good hint of what will come to DCA. The possibilities are endless - i'm sure it'll be incredible to see Disney music and movies combined with all those cool special effects.

I've heard they will include the stampede scene from the lion king. that's one of my favorite disney music pieces ever, I can't wait to see that in the show!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom