World of Color?

sponono88

Nice to see DCA losing some of the many walls. I see a Paradise Park sign!

Yep! Here's a closer look at the Paradise Park emblem, picture by MrLiver

2010-04-10-DCA011.jpg

the park isn't completely free of construction walls yet. they've put up temporary walls around the trailers - they still have testing and programming to do for the show.

Here's an aerial view of the area, original photo by MousePlanet (I resized it to post here).

85018441-d3e910cdeaf607da303f224c20.jpg

a few more pictures from dlnt.com

http://.smugmug.com/Disneyland-Resort/Chris-Lastrapes-410/DSC05944/832745226_pk347-L.jpg

sponono88

from boy33's Twitter - a closer look at the boardwalk and the fountains in the planters

85157345-adc655b57bcffe0ba164b87bb4.jpg

85157799.jpg

pictures by Sir_Didymus

seashell design on the lampposts

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

so far the people who have seen the park in person are praising this new area, including the new music that's playing here now. can't wait to see it for myself
tomorrow!

I love this picture by Mac_Daddy

102-6.jpg

sponono88

so according to insider67, Paradise Park will be open for guests today. The only area that will remain roped-off will be the boardwalk as they still have work to finish there. i'll have a video up later tonight, hopefully with some WoC testing since we haven't really seen that from this vantage point.

Nicole220

Paradise Park is lovely. Such a wonderful addition. And I am in love with the new music. I think it's very fitting and 100x better than what was there before. I'm hoping for something a little more upbeat for the pier, though.

JLW11Hi

There's been a lot of comparison of World of Color to Fantasmic, with WoC being a next generation Fantasmic type show. I wonder if this show proves popular with crowds, if DHS in WDW might replace Fantasmic with World of Color?

Testtrack321

There's been a lot of comparison of World of Color to Fantasmic, with WoC being a next generation Fantasmic type show. I wonder if this show proves popular with crowds, if DHS in WDW might replace Fantasmic with World of Color?

No. This is more of a lagoon show than a theater show, and it's WAY bigger than the Fantasmic stage area.

I hope they add it to AK though...

nemofinder22

Personally I dont want to see World of Color style show come to WDW, the international parks I wouldnt mind to much(TDS seems to be doing a combo of Fantasmic! and World of Color) but not in WDW. I want DCA to start having more that no other Disney park in the US has.

Asianjma123 took a nifty video of Paradise Park, gives a nice quick look around. Its nice to see Paradise Pier from this vantage point again. Wow the lower boardwalk is really close to the fountain platform! Can you imagine watching from there:eek: Oh and if one of those World of Color barricade banners is suddenly gone, dont look at me:lookaroun:cool::ROFLOL:

I believe this is the first time you can see Mickey's Fun Wheel with out walls in the way or from the Paradise Pier bridge.

[youtube]p3Wa0ntzHHQ[/youtube]

sponono88

more great shots by Mac Daddy

1035.jpg

4-11-1033.jpg

1034.jpg

Loved Paradise Park. It looks good in pictures but it looks even better up close. Everything blends together beautifully - the new music, the lights, the stone and tile work, the lights, the boardwalk (which is still closed). The pictures don't capture the wonderful atmosphere they've created here. It was great to be there with the smooth ragtime music playing, the lanterns shining in the trellises and the lights of the pier reflecting in the bay. Nothing quite like it!

Overall the quality and detail they added here really shows and it was great to finally get to explore the area. Can't wait till they finish up SSS and the Paradise Garden area, oh and TLM :D

No WoC testing tonight... I guess now with the viewing area open to guests, they will wait until the park closes to start testing.

sponono88

for those who are not familiar with the park, here's what it looked like before - back then it was the Golden State Park and Amphitheater

1013.jpg

102.jpg

al082807f.jpg

more pictures from the new Paradise Park, from Dateline Disneyland's update:

P1012599.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

And a short video I recorded last night, with a look around the new area.

[youtube]oedo6E_P1go[/youtube]

It looks very pretty at night, the lighting is perfect. And it's a lot bigger in person than it looks in the pictures! Now all they need to do is submerge the show platform to complete the beautiful pier backdrop :)

TP2000

4-11-1033.jpg

Overall the quality and detail they added here really shows and it was great to finally get to explore the area. Can't wait till they finish up SSS and the Paradise Garden area, oh and TLM :D

I had a chance to look at Paradise Park in person yesterday. And I agree, it looks even better in person. Very lush and upscale! :sohappy:

The thing here is, they really layered on the details. The expensive custom stone work on walkways and stairs (not just stamped concrete like before), the antiqued dark brass accents (replacing the painted metal), and all the little details like the lighting, plaques, finials, etc., etc. It all looks very fancy, very expensive, and very custom designed.

It reminds me of the finishes and detail work you find at DisneySea, or a quality project at Disneyland.

In pictures I'm sure people back East are scratching their heads going "this doesn't look much different from the amphitheater that was there before", but in real life this is a million times better looking and fancier than the cheap old concrete terraces of Golden State Amphitheater 2001-08.

And then there's all the hidden stuff (fountains, projectors, lighting, bubbles, audio) built into Paradise Park for World of Color viewing. This thing is gonna be huge!

sponono88

^ yep, all the details blend together really well and isn't the boardwalk beautiful? I could just sit there all day taking in the sights and sounds of the pier across the lagoon. :)

The only small complaint I had has already been addressed - the park now has benches! They really needed it too, seeing as there was really no place to sit.

Open_at_the_close has a few nighttime pictures of the area

1004045.jpg

1004048l.jpg

1004050r.jpg

TP2000

Great pics there showing the built-in LED lighting in all the handrails! I forgot to mention that detail. Very impressive design here, they've really thought of everything!

Now we just need a few dozen gallons of Miracle-Gro to get all the plants to fill in. :cool:

sponono88

Great pics there showing the built-in LED lighting in all the handrails! I forgot to mention that detail. Very impressive design here, they've really thought of everything!

Now we just need a few dozen gallons of Miracle-Gro to get all the plants to fill in. :cool:

It's hard to get a true feel of the area unless you actually take a stroll through there. Pretty cool to see the transformation and admire the great work they put in. And once the show platform is hidden and all the plants have grown in, it should look even better.

Here's a picture by MonorailMan that shows the new benches.

033a495f.jpg

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
It's hard to get a true feel of the area unless you actually take a stroll through there. Pretty cool to see the transformation and admire the great work they put in. And once the show platform is hidden and all the plants have grown in, it should look even better.

Here's a picture by MonorailMan that shows the new benches.

033a495f.jpg

I am glad to see a few benches making an appearance. If Disney wanted to offset the cost of WoC they could probably auction off space on those benches about 3 hours before the show starts. They would make a killing. :lol:

sponono88

I am glad to see a few benches making an appearance. If Disney wanted to offset the cost of WoC they could probably auction off space on those benches about 3 hours before the show starts. They would make a killing. :lol:

good idea :lol: according to a poster on MiceChat, there's about 30 of them spread out throughout the viewing area.. Disney could make some good money here!

Mac_Daddy has another extensive photo update of the viewing area, photos from today (4/12). See the full post here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/135096-photo-update-4-10-10-paradise-park-3.html#post1055932359

109-1.jpg

107.jpg

103-1.jpg

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
good idea :lol: according to a poster on MiceChat, there's about 30 of them spread out throughout the viewing area.. Disney could make some good money here!

Dollar signs all the way. :lol: I feel bad for the poor CMs who are going to have to keep guests from standing on them every night though. Something tells me if it becomes too much of a problem, the benches are going to go the way of the dinosaur though. :(

TP2000

Dollar signs all the way. :lol: I feel bad for the poor CMs who are going to have to keep guests from standing on them every night though. Something tells me if it becomes too much of a problem, the benches are going to go the way of the dinosaur though. :(

They'll just move 'em each night, plain and simple.

The crowd control CM's at Disneyland move dozens of benches around in the Hub every night after the last parade and before fireworks. The crowd control CM's also move benches and tables around in the New Orleans Square area, install heavy rope nets each evening to cordon off the areas around the light towers rising from underground, plus rolling in dozens of folding chairs and banquet tables for the Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet in an area that was a park walkway for most of the day.

FantasmicReservedSeatsA-1.jpg

I've noticed the Disneyland CM's do a lot more heavy lifting, figuratively and literally, getting their park ready for major spectaculars compared to Magic Kingdom or other WDW crowd control CM's. Moving benches, tables, rolling out big carts full of poles and rope netting, setting up big coffee urns and dessert spreads in walkways, etc., etc.

A couple dozen modern, lightweight benches themed to antique heavyweight benches? A piece of cake for Disneyland crowd control crews! They'll move those things in less time than it takes to eat a Churro while watching them! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom