World of Color?

nemofinder22

Blue Sky Cellar how has a photo of all the construction that was happening in DCA during (my guess) Sept/Oct 2009.

You can see the Grand Californian expansion/villas(It might be open in this pic), The Little Mermaid, Paradise Park, World of Color platform, Silly Symphonies Swings, Cars Land, as well as the World of Color staging area backstage behind Mission Tortilla and Farmers Market(after Cars Land took over some of it, and then all of it) and cut off the new Back of House building on the far right of the pic.

Photo by Mousetimes(see the larger version at the link)
http://mousetimes.smugmug.com/DLR/2010/041410/11844580_2fyFV#837463777_jgyKx
837463777_jgyKx-S.jpg

Now we can see how big the World of Color platform is:eek:

nemofinder22

A few interesting notes tonight- Say good bye to the new trellises in Paradise Park? also for you John Lasseter fans he may be at DCA tonight for a preview of World of Color.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...re-project-tracker-ix-420.html#post1055940545
dmomof4- Was just informed today that the trellises in Paradise Park are now coming down. Either WDI or a higher up doesn't like them, so they are coming down! And if you don't believe me..just wait! I don't share rumors...don't care about them..only share what is really happening

http://twitter.com/MousePlanet/status/12321602890
Source tell us John Lasseter will preview World of Color tonight after DCA park closes. If anyone gets pictures or video, please SHARE!

sponono88

A few interesting notes tonight- Say good bye to the new trellises in Paradise Park? also for you John Lasseter fans he may be at DCA tonight for a preview of World of Color.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...re-project-tracker-ix-420.html#post1055940545

http://twitter.com/MousePlanet/status/12321602890

not sure about John Lassetter, but they were definitely preparing for something out in Paradise Park tonight. They were in a rush to get guests out of the area and on our way out, a lot of CMs (some in suits) were heading over to the pier. I noticed some were carrying cameras and video equipment as well..

some footage of WoC testing I shot last night. the front mist screen + projections :)

[youtube]MuTosfylZYI[/youtube]

also recorded a bit of the electrical parade with RDCT in the background, and some WoC testing at the end

[youtube]SHfxlLb-1hc[/youtube]

hpyhnt 1000

Well, that just makes sense. They knew going into this that the viewing area space for WoC was going to be at a premium; common sense would dictate that you would want to limit as many obstructions as possible. Not sure what the thinking behind those was... :brick::rolleyes:

Save them to beautify some other area of the Pier.

Tigerace81

Over in a few websites they commented on the trellises as a possible obstruction to the view of the show so I would assume that that is why they are being removed.

nemofinder22

Disneygeek has a view for near the trellises

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/disneyland_update.php?page_id=23&update_dir=2010_04_16

Thanks for the video sponono! at least DEP gets to perform a few times near the new area. Theres so much going on in the 2nd video fireworks, DEP, and WOC testing!

Another video from the Grand Californian Villas has popped up, but once again it offers a really odd view of the show, but you can hear the soundtrack pretty well. I watched a few small parts but once again Major Spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllEarsNet#p/a/u/2/rlq3oWPdXPo
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllEarsNet#p/a/u/1/1qItn-fjuWE
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllEarsNet#p/a/u/0/w1n21c4dmys

Disneyson 1

All I saw was the very opening of the 1st video... it's one of those magical little "sparks" Disney's so famous for. I got chills, just like the opening of "F!".

TP2000

also recorded a bit of the electrical parade with RDCT in the background, and some WoC testing at the end

[youtube]SHfxlLb-1hc[/youtube]

That gives us a peek at what nightly entertainment will be like in Anaheim on busy weekends, holiday periods, and summer. I'll be interested to see how they arrange the schedules for all this stuff, and if WoC will change the long-established Disneyland schedules for night spectaculars. Second only to Tokyo Disney Resort, the Disneyland Resort packs more entertainment into two theme parks sitting right next to each other. Anaheim rivals or surpasses WDW's four parks combined for major daily entertainment.

A possible schedule this summer with a Midnight Disneyland closing and 10:00PM DCA closing?...

9:00 PM
Fantasmic! 1 - Disneyland
World of Color 1 - DCA

9:30 PM

Magical Fireworks Spectacular - Disneyland

10:15 PM
World of Color 2 - DCA

10:30 PM
Fantasmic! 2 - Disneyland

If so, that could create the opposite effect than what's been happening for the past decade. Instead of people pouring out of DCA and heading to Disneyland around 9:15PM after the Electrical Parade and to get to Disneyland's fireworks and second Fantasmic!, people will pour out of Disneyland after fireworks to get to the second World of Color. You'd also still get the first show of World of Color dumping out of DCA at 9:30PM as those folks get to the second Fantasmic!, but it will probably be a bigger crowd than the Electrical Parade exit ever was.

It should be interesting to watch the ebb and flow in the Esplanade. Especially this fall and Christmas, when the DCA main entrance is all under construction and they've got temporary pathways going. :eek:

But then fast forward two summers from now, when DCA is all fixed up and has Cars Land and the Buena Vista Street entrance going, and the Electrical Parade returns from WDW.

Summer 2012 schedule?...

8:45PM
Electrical Parade 1 - Disneyland

World of Color 1 - DCA

9:30PM

10:15PM
World of Color 2 - DCA

10:30PM
Electrical Parade 2 - Disneyland

Add in an afternoon parade at both Disneyland and DCA, plus a big musical show in the Hyperion Theater, and the usual small stuff like bands and atmosphere entertainment, and the Disneyland Entertainment Department will be very busy. So will the crowd control CM's. :lol:

jrh1985

That gives us a peek at what nightly entertainment will be like in Anaheim on busy weekends, holiday periods, and summer. I'll be interested to see how they arrange the schedules for all this stuff, and if WoC will change the long-established Disneyland schedules for night spectaculars. Second only to Tokyo Disney Resort, the Disneyland Resort packs more entertainment into two theme parks sitting right next to each other. Anaheim rivals or surpasses WDW's four parks combined for major daily entertainment.

A possible schedule this summer with a Midnight Disneyland closing and 10:00PM DCA closing?...

World of Color 1 - DCA

9:30 PM

10:15 PM
World of Color 2 - DCA

10:30 PM

If so, that could create the opposite effect than what's been happening for the past decade. Instead of people pouring out of DCA and heading to Disneyland around 9:15PM after the Electrical Parade and to get to Disneyland's fireworks and second Fantasmic!, people will pour out of Disneyland after fireworks to get to the second World of Color. You'd also still get the first show of World of Color dumping out of DCA at 9:30PM as those folks get to the second Fantasmic!, but it will probably be a bigger crowd than the Electrical Parade exit ever was.

It should be interesting to watch the ebb and flow in the Esplanade. Especially this fall and Christmas, when the DCA main entrance is all under construction and they've got temporary pathways going. :eek:

But then fast forward two summers from now, when DCA is all fixed up and has Cars Land and the Buena Vista Street entrance going, and the Electrical Parade returns from WDW.

Summer 2012 schedule?...

8:45PM
Electrical Parade 1 - Disneyland

World of Color 1 - DCA

9:30PM

10:15PM
World of Color 2 - DCA

10:30PM
Electrical Parade 2 - Disneyland

Add in an afternoon parade at both Disneyland and DCA, plus a big musical show in the Hyperion Theater, and the usual small stuff like bands and atmosphere entertainment, and the Disneyland Entertainment Department will be very busy. So will the crowd control CM's. :lol:

Dear God

Please let that 2012 summer happen!! Let's hope Spectro comes back so WDW is not left without a MK nightime parade!

jrh1985

From the start of 2009, WDW's MK has one thing over DL... A major daytime parade along with a street party. CADCT's floats may be from 2001 but I think we're all glad that MK didn't follow DL's footsteps

TP2000

From the start of 2009, WDW's MK has one thing over DL... A major daytime parade along with a street party. CADCT's floats may be from 2001 but I think we're all glad that MK didn't follow DL's footsteps

Yes, I agree. While Disneyland's version of Celebrate is pretty souped up compared to the smaller Magic Kingdom version, it's still not a real parade.

I was mainly comparing the average daily entertainment offerings of the four WDW combined, to the two DLR parks combined. It doesn't help that DHS only seems able to do a couple of Fantasmic!'s per week, where Disneyland routinely does two or three shows per night. But even if you pretend that DHS is doing at least one Fantasmic! per night, seven nights a week in summer, it's still amazingly close between the two properties. You would think WDW would have double the amount of major entertainment since they have double the number of well established parks.

WDW
Fantasmic!
Block Party Bash
Illuminations
CADCT Parade
Wishes Fireworks Spectacular
SpectroMagic
Celebrate Street Party

DLR
Electrical Parade
Fantasmic!
Pixar Play Parade
Remember Fireworks Spectacular
Celebrate Street Party

An interesting comparison, to be sure.

hpyhnt 1000

Yes, I agree. While Disneyland's version of Celebrate is pretty souped up compared to the smaller Magic Kingdom version, it's still not a real parade.

I was mainly comparing the average daily entertainment offerings of the four WDW combined, to the two DLR parks combined. It doesn't help that DHS only seems able to do a couple of Fantasmic!'s per week, where Disneyland routinely does two or three shows per night. But even if you pretend that DHS is doing at least one Fantasmic! per night, seven nights a week in summer, it's still amazingly close between the two properties. You would think WDW would have double the amount of major entertainment since they have double the number of well established parks.

WDW
Fantasmic!
Block Party Bash
Illuminations
CADCT Parade
Wishes Fireworks Spectacular
SpectroMagic
Celebrate Street Party
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

DLR
Electrical Parade
Fantasmic!
Pixar Play Parade
Remember Fireworks Spectacular
Celebrate Street Party

An interesting comparison, to be sure.

You forgot one; edited in bold.

I find it a bit unfair to say that since WDW has 4 parks and DLR has 2, we should therefore also have twice as much entertainment. In reality, its a 3.5 to 2 park ratio since AK closes so early. If AK stayed open on a consistent basis into the evening hours (8-9PM), then you could make the 4 to 2 argument, but it doesn't, and I think that needs to be taken into account. When you factor this in, WDW's entertainment lineup isnt out of line at all.

Another thing to note is the daily shows that takes place on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage at the MK, something Disneyland lacks. And I'd also like to add that Epcot's lack of day or nighttime parade is more than made up by its daily and nightly entertainment offerings at nearly all of the World Showcase pavilions.

All we need is for Fant! to go back to being shown at least once daily at DHS like it used to be (and even then, there were many times it was twice a night). Otherwise, I'd say entertainment offerings are sufficient at WDW. Yes, Disneyland has more of the local bands that come in, but that really is a West Coast sort of thing that would not be nearly as successful at WDW.

dlpwishes

With the videos posted now, there's been no Alice in Wonderland and other elements.... does this mean they've been cut? Seeing as both videos seem to have the same run-through?

Testtrack321

With the videos posted now, there's been no Alice in Wonderland and other elements.... does this mean they've been cut? Seeing as both videos seem to have the same run-through?

I'm starting to really wonder that. No little squirt, no Alice in Wonderland, stupid pirates part, I'm starting to worry... :(

hpyhnt 1000

I'm starting to really wonder that. No little squirt, no Alice in Wonderland, stupid pirates part, I'm starting to worry... :(

Add me to that list. And I didnt see the Incredibles or Dr. Facilier either.

The pirates section really does seem kind of thrown in there. And I thought the transition from Beauty and the Beast to the finale is disjointed; there's an awkward pause in the music where it seems like it should just flow into the next segment. I don't know, maybe its still not the final version, but if it is, a lot has changed from D23 and I don't know if they are good changes... :shrug:

Testtrack321

Add me to that list. And I didnt see the Incredibles or Dr. Facilier either.

The pirates section really does seem kind of thrown in there. And I thought the transition from Beauty and the Beast to the finale is disjointed; there's an awkward pause in the music where it seems like it should just flow into the next segment. I don't know, maybe its still not the final version, but if it is, a lot has changed from D23 and I don't know if they are good changes... :shrug:

What I understand is that the Incredibles was going to be a secret encore instead a part of the actual show.

sponono88

There are some differences between the two videos that were posted by AllEars.net and LaughingPlace.com. Also, there's a new video by AllEars.net that shows a different version of the finale - which basically proves that what we're seeing isn't the final version of the show.

In earlier testing videos we've seen them run the show in the correct order of scenes (WoC Intro > Spring Sprite, for example). We've also seen testing videos of Little Squirt in action and Alice. They may or may not have been cut but it's impossible to tell from the videos because again, it's not the final version of the show.

cdunbar

There are some differences between the two videos that were posted by AllEars.net and LaughingPlace.com. Also, there's a new video by AllEars.net that shows a different version of the finale - which basically proves that what we're seeing isn't the final version of the show.

In earlier testing videos we've seen them run the show in the correct order of scenes (WoC Intro > Spring Sprite, for example). We've also seen testing videos of Little Squirt in action and Alice. They may or may not have been cut but it's impossible to tell from the videos because again, it's not the final version of the show.
See I don't think they would cut the alice section, because they did so much work with that imparticular section with bringing that artist on to work on AiW pieces...but I could be wrong:shrug:

sponono88

See I don't think they would cut the alice section, because they did so much work with that imparticular section with bringing that artist on to work on AiW pieces...but I could be wrong:shrug:

Right, they even have the Alice paper sculptures on display at the Blue Sky Cellar.. Steven said he was excited about bringing Alice to the show and he really emphasized that segment of the show. With all the work that went into it, it would be silly to give it the cut at the last minute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom