"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

Tod&BigMamaOdie

I love Smithfield Chicken and BBQ too! (NC girl here!)

Are you sure you're not Southern? (country music and NC bbq :D)

Note/tip (my opinion of course): Lexington-style BBQ is the best! It's quite a bit off (to the west & off I-85) of I-95 but if you ever are down this way and have the time, check it out!

Enjoying your report!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Great pictures! Can't wait for my CP breakfast in August and to get empty park pictures!! I need a chocolate crossant lol

Thank you! The chocolate croissants are so yummy. I get them at Panera sometimes and they always make me wants one from Disney! :)

Who the hell is Adam tho?

..... are you serious? I explained it.... :hammer:

Note/tip (my opinion of course): Lexington-style BBQ is the best! It's quite a bit off (to the west) of I95 but if you ever are down this way and have the time, check it out!

Enjoying your report!

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. I LOVE good BBQ!! :)

Kristia

I am totally drooling over your breakfast pictures! I love Eeyore's sig on the bday card. I don't think I have every seen that before!

Allie_Marie

Let me start off with I LOVE your trip reports! They are amazing! I hope you had an amazing time. I love your pictures so much. I love how your mom and sister surprised you with the new lens, what a great family! Your food pictures look amazing and I want the food! loll! Your pictures are getting me really excited for my trip. Can't wait to keep reading:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

foreverbelle

I shall mow forever go around saying Wooo....lol. Its the same sort of thing watching the Harvard Baseball team doing the Call Me Maybe dance in the van....yep.

Still looks amazing. I love the card your mom got. And the pic of you and the fam in front of the castle is great. Dif one to hang!

switts

We unloaded all our stuff and were beyond ready for some dinner. Mom didn't feel like going out again so Ashley and I just decided to pick her up something. We went to Bahama Breeze which was right near the resort. We LOVE this place! And we found out right before the trip they opened one down in Mass so we're going to plan a road trip to eat there this summer!

Great report as always even though the beginning was disappoint because of the bruins loss. The Bahama Breeze in mass is pretty good...its about 10 minutes from my house and is always packed no matter what day or time

diddy_mouse

Sweet...an update! :D

Your pictures of heading to the MK gave me those happy chills. I feel the same way you do when you're getting on the monorail. So much so that my husband and I have to ride it in on our arrival day. No better feeling in the world if you ask me!

Okay...if I had some extra cash I would have done CP for breakfast in August but I switched it to Kona Cafe. But the spread at CP looks awesome! Maybe when we go back and use the Dining Plan...*adds to list for future visit*

Wooooo!! Keep it coming!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
brilliant trip report so far!

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it!!

I am totally drooling over your breakfast pictures! I love Eeyore's sig on the bday card. I don't think I have every seen that before!

I'm drooling over the breakfast pics now too haha all I have this morning is a boring vanilla yogurt and a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch lol I'll take a Mickey waffle any day over both of those!!

Let me start off with I LOVE your trip reports! They are amazing! I hope you had an amazing time. I love your pictures so much. I love how your mom and sister surprised you with the new lens, what a great family! Your food pictures look amazing and I want the food! loll! Your pictures are getting me really excited for my trip. Can't wait to keep reading:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Thanks so much! We did have a blast!! My Mom and sis are pretty awesome! :)

I shall mow forever go around saying Wooo....lol. Its the same sort of thing watching the Harvard Baseball team doing the Call Me Maybe dance in the van....yep.

Still looks amazing. I love the card your mom got. And the pic of you and the fam in front of the castle is great. Dif one to hang!

haha ahhhhhh... Call Me Maybe... such an annoying song but it's catchy. Now I'm gonna have it stuck in my head all day! Thanks a lot!!! :lol:

My Mom saved the card and we're gonna put it in our scrapbook! :)

Great report as always even though the beginning was disappoint because of the bruins loss. The Bahama Breeze in mass is pretty good...its about 10 minutes from my house and is always packed no matter what day or time

Yeah, the Bruins loss was painful :( But how can you stay sad when you're going to Disney the next day, right? lol

I think we're gonna wait to come try the BB down in Mass til (hopefully) the crowds die down a little.

Sweet...an update!

Your pictures of heading to the MK gave me those happy chills. I feel the same way you do when you're getting on the monorail. So much so that my husband and I have to ride it in on our arrival day. No better feeling in the world if you ask me!

Okay...if I had some extra cash I would have done CP for breakfast in August but I switched it to Kona Cafe. But the spread at CP looks awesome! Maybe when we go back and use the Dining Plan...*adds to list for future visit*

Wooooo!! Keep it coming!

CP is really awesome. It just totally gives you that "I'm at Magic Kingdom" feel

We did have breakfast at Kona Cafe later in the week and the food was really good. I got some food pics, so don't worry, I'll make sure to post them!

HAHA! Good eye indeed, I was thinking the exact same thing Fractal!

Ya'll are quick! I have been looking at these same pics for almost a month and never saw that.... I guess I'm slow sometimes..... :hammer:

mamamouse

awesome report so far.Love the silver bag in the back with Ashley(i've got the same but yellow) Cheerwine??? I have no idea what that is but it sounds like something the Carebears drink.Also I love your top that first day,it's purdy!!! OH EM GEEE!!!!! pooh's puffy french toast ,okay now I'm hungry :p

switts

ive noticed that during the week the crowds dont seem as bad but driving by on a weekend the parking lot is mobbed so i can only imagine what its like inside

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
awesome report so far.Love the silver bag in the back with Ashley(i've got the same but yellow) Cheerwine??? I have no idea what that is but it sounds like something the Carebears drink.Also I love your top that first day,it's purdy!!! OH EM GEEE!!!!! pooh's puffy french toast ,okay now I'm hungry :p

Ashley LOVES her bag! lol she takes it whenever we go overnight anywhere.

Cheerwine is sort of similar to Cherry Coke but doesn't taste as cherry. It's really good and sadly we can only get it at the Cracker Barrel up here and they don't always carry it.

Thanks for the compliment on my top. It's super light and airy so I wasn't very hot at all! Perfect for Florida weather!!

And the Pooh's Puffy French toast is really good. I have such a sweet tooth so it hits the spot!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom