"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

enchanted_belle

PUUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love him, can you tell? :ROFLOL:

We went down one time and took a picture of him... so he followed us around for a good 10-15 minutes going "CHEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" over and over and over until we finally took another picture of him. He's so prec.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Some random pics from the morning....

Excuse the crooked pic here...

DSC_0475-1.jpg

Not too sure how I feel about the fact you can see some footprints up there...
DSC_0481-1.jpg

DSC_0498-1.jpg

DSC_0501-1.jpg

DSC_0502-1.jpg

DSC_0508-1.jpg

DSC_0509-1.jpg

DSC_0510-1.jpg

diddy_mouse

*le sigh* I adore MK morning pictures. :)

I :lol:'d at your comment about not even taking your purse off to rock it on Buzz. Too funny! That's dedication right there.

plaz10

Really loving your MK pictures. Making me crazy Disney-home sick.

And even though I don't think it's that good or something I would even buy while I'm down there - but just because I saw a picture of it and it's DISNEY - I want some kettle corn and chocolate coins. Is that sad? Yes. Yes it is. :lookaroun

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I've got the matching change purse too,and I just got a bigger one for my birthday (my mom gave it to me early) it's gold and has small designs in other colours and a little gold sequins star fish on it:)

Ooohhh, that one sounds super cute! :)

PUUUUUUUUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I love him, can you tell? :ROFLOL:

We went down one time and took a picture of him... so he followed us around for a good 10-15 minutes going "CHEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" over and over and over until we finally took another picture of him. He's so prec.

yes, he's so cute!! :) I didn't even see him behind me and then I turn around and hes like "what are you taking a picture of?" Kinda scared me lol

*le sigh* I adore MK morning pictures. :)

I :lol:'d at your comment about not even taking your purse off to rock it on Buzz. Too funny! That's dedication right there.

I didn't even notice my purse was still on til I posted the pic on here. haha. I think at that point I was just content to take off my camera bag and camera that I kinda forgot about my purse!

Really loving your MK pictures. Making me crazy Disney-home sick.

And even though I don't think it's that good or something I would even buy while I'm down there - but just because I saw a picture of it and it's DISNEY - I want some kettle corn and chocolate coins. Is that sad? Yes. Yes it is. :lookaroun

Disney popcorn is so good and I don't even really like popcorn that much. So now I'm sitting here at work, tummy grumbling and all I want is some flippin Disney popcorn!!!! And like you mentioned, chocolate coins wouldn't be too bad right now either :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We strolled towards Main Street and as we hit the hub Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It was rolling through. I wanted to test out my camera and see if I could get any good pics and this is what I got:

DSC_0513-1.jpg

DSC_0515-1.jpg

DSC_0517-1.jpg

DSC_0519-1.jpg

DSC_0520-1.jpg

DSC_05240-1.jpg

I don't see why so many people dislike MiSiCi. I think it's cute and a good little bit of added entertainment for everyone. Especially since we don't sit and watch the 3 oclock parade, we liked it. I did think the characters they featured were a little random though... The Fab 5 I could see but Baloo, Terk, Jessie, Woody and Mr. Incredible? lol

After that we went into the bakery (Which was covered by a scrim. Boooo!) Is it weird that I have never been in there before?! I think it is weird! So we changed that. It's a bit bigger than I thought it would be. I pictured a tiny little place like Starring Rolls. The treats looked delicious and I am totally a cupcake-brownie-chocolatey ooey gooey goodness type of girl (and I totally think frosting of any kind [buttercream and cream cheese specifically!] is the greatest thing ever invented in the culinary world and I bow to the people who created it lol) but A - we had just eaten breakfast and B - we had our minds set on another treat later on that morning. Something we had never tried before so we wanted to save our appetite for that!

DSC_0525-1.jpg

DSC_0526-1.jpg

DSC_0527-1.jpg

clee687

I'm just starting on your trip report (and lovin it) but I HAD to stop to say YAY CHEERWINE!!! I live in Salisbury, NC, home of the great and awesome drink and I live on the stuff! Didn't know it was so close to WDW now! How did you discover it?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
My friend Claire just informed me these are made in PA (that's what the box says she said)... and Turkey Legs are made in Nebraska. :shrug: She works at Casey's and the bakery, so she would know?

That cake could be made by little elves living in a tree and I wouldn't care, it's so good!!! lol I don't know how she does it, working in 2 delicious places. I'd want to eat the food all day!! :slurp:

that is an amazing picture! wall paper status, blow it up and frame!

this is what i thought of when you keep saying wooo! lol
http://youtu.be/vodPodgWh8E

I need to try some of these yummy desserts!

Thanks! I like to think I got a few good pictures on this trip! :)

I'm just starting on your trip report (and lovin it) but I HAD to stop to say YAY CHEERWINE!!! I live in Salisbury, NC, home of the great and awesome drink and I live on the stuff! Didn't know it was so close to WDW now! How did you discover it?

Thanks!! I first had Cheerwine in Jacksonville, NC when I went to visit the guy I was seeing. He was stationed at Camp Lejune. We went to dinner one day and I wanted Cherry Coke but they didn't have it so he told me to get Cheerwine so I did and loved it. I went on the Cheerwine site a few months back and it has a Cheerwine Locator so I put in my town up here in Maine and they do have a Cracker Barrel that sometimes has it. But I brought back like 6 cans with me from the 12 pack I bought in Florida. I'm craving it again so I might need to go check the Cracker Barrel again for it lol

sgtmgd

Love your trip reports..small world as I live in Fayetteville NC, and Im taking my daughter up to Sacco to visit family for a couple days before heading over to Stowe Vermont.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Love your trip reports..small world as I live in Fayetteville NC, and Im taking my daughter up to Sacco to visit family for a couple days before heading over to Stowe Vermont.

Thanks for reading!!! I know someone who lives in Hope Mills, NC! lol cue the music.... *It's a small world after all*.... :lol:

I'm about 15 minutes or so north of Saco. They actually have a pretty decent waterpark there. It's no Typhoon Lagoon or anything but for Maine it's pretty good.

sgtmgd

Thanks for reading!!! I know someone who lives in Hope Mills, NC! lol cue the music.... *It's a small world after all*.... :lol:

I'm about 15 minutes or so north of Saco. They actually have a pretty decent waterpark there. It's no Typhoon Lagoon or anything but for Maine it's pretty good.

Thats funny, indeed it is a small small world. Im taking my daughter and her best friend up as a graduation present..stopping in Boston on the way up so my daughter can see Fenway and do the tour. Gave her the option of seeing a Yankees-Sox game 6 July on the way home or or see a show on broadway..she was actually pained over the decision..but broadway won...she has seen the Sox play in KC. Was in Saco 2 years ago, Aunt an cousin live there..very nice town..

WishIWasAtWDW

loving the trip report!! so jealous of your super long trip to wdw.

the picture of the dog in the driver's seat is absolutely adorable! so cute!!

and yes, smithfield bbq is AMAZING! NC bbq is so good and i hardly ever have it. i think because we live in NC we take for granted the fact that we can get carolina bbq at any time so we rarely get it. you now have me so badly craving some carolina bbq!! :lol: i need to go there more often.

how sweet of your mom and sister surprising you with that new lens?! that was very nice of them. there is nothing worse than having problems with your car right before a trip that you have saved up for and then having to spend a bunch of money on fixing your car.

your pictures look beautiful! the color is amazing. can't wait to read more of your trip report and see some more pictures!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Thats funny, indeed it is a small small world. Im taking my daughter and her best friend up as a graduation present..stopping in Boston on the way up so my daughter can see Fenway and do the tour. Gave her the option of seeing a Yankees-Sox game 6 July on the way home or or see a show on broadway..she was actually pained over the decision..but broadway won...she has seen the Sox play in KC. Was in Saco 2 years ago, Aunt an cousin live there..very nice town..

Ohhh Red Sox / Yankees is awesome! I went to a game at Fenway in 2007 and the Sox hit like 2 or 3 home runs in a row! :) I've never done the tour though. I know a couple of the Red Sox players from when they were in the minor and played here in Portland. I don't know how long you will be in Saco for but in Portland they have the Portland Sea Dogs who are the farm team of the Red Sox. We have a couple prospects for the Sox here this year. Tickets are like $8 each. If you have extra time you should check it out!

loving the trip report!! so jealous of your super long trip to wdw.

the picture of the dog in the driver's seat is absolutely adorable! so cute!!

and yes, smithfield bbq is AMAZING! NC bbq is so good and i hardly ever have it. i think because we live in NC we take for granted the fact that we can get carolina bbq at any time so we rarely get it. you now have me so badly craving some carolina bbq!! :lol: i need to go there more often.

how sweet of your mom and sister surprising you with that new lens?! that was very nice of them. there is nothing worse than having problems with your car right before a trip that you have saved up for and then having to spend a bunch of money on fixing your car.

your pictures look beautiful! the color is amazing. can't wait to read more of your trip report and see some more pictures!

Thanks!! Vince is my sisters baby! He has a brother now as I got a 5 month old puppy last night. Half Jack Russell and half Dachshund :)

I'm craving some BBQ right now!!! Luckily my boss is from NC originally and we're having a pot luck lunch next week and she is bringing in some real NC BBQ pulled pork and coleslaw! YUM!! :slurp:

The car problems were awful. I seriously thought I was going to have to cancel the trip :cry:

I have adjusted the color in some of the pics to make them pop a bit more but other than that I just resized them. Glad you're enjoying it!! :sohappy:

lol, you'll have to ask her in September! :king:

haha is she running in the race?!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
With an iced mocha in hand we made our way back to the hub and decided to go explore Adventureland!!

I kinda miss the old bridge....
DSC_0528-1.jpg

DSC_0529-1.jpg

DSC_0530-1.jpg

We decided first off to go see the Tiki birds since we didn't get to see them in November sooooo it was off to the Enchanted Tiki Room

DSC_0532-1.jpg

DSC_0535-1.jpg

Hello Pierre!!

DSC_0539-1.jpg

We hopped over to the Jungle Cruise afterwards and picked up fastpasses as the line was around 30 mins and FP return time was like 30 mins away so we figured we'd hit up another favorite rather than wait in line. So we went over and rode this:

DSC_0541-1.jpg

DSC_0542-1.jpg

DSC_0550-1.jpg

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Wow - Great Trip Report!!

Amazing Pics as well.

Love the Tiki Room Pics - I've NEVER been but planning on visiting our next trip.

We were supposed to go down in early May (as usual) but had to change plans and move it late September-early October....Looks like you get to do both! LUCKY!

Keep the trip report rolling!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Wow - Great Trip Report!!

Amazing Pics as well.

Love the Tiki Room Pics - I've NEVER been but planning on visiting our next trip.

We were supposed to go down in early May (as usual) but had to change plans and move it late September-early October....Looks like you get to do both! LUCKY!

Keep the trip report rolling!

Thank you! :wave:

The Tiki Room is cute. Not a must do every time but if we have time, we will hit it up.

Lucky is right! Twice in less than 5 months. I'm grateful for the chance to do that since I don't think we will be back til the cruise Sept 2013 :cry:

foreverbelle

Umm hello yummy cake picture. I am pretty sure my mouth just began to water looking at it....and now I want some. Thank you...

Aladdin's magic Carpet ride and Tiki bar are two things I have never done..

I am still loving just the colors of things. Yes you may have had help but they are still gorgeous....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom