"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

Raven66

Enjoying the report and pictures alot.

I like Luke Bryan, but I don't listen to country music, so basically I just like looking at him.:D

The pictures of the dog "driving" are super cute. I just love his name. Vince. Very "manly" So adorable.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Always love a good road trip! What a great surprise by your
Mom and sister- im sure you put that lens to good use.

Smithfields looks yummy!

It was an awesome surprise! Totally didn't expect it! :)

Great TR so far! :) It's making me want to finish mine from last year. I got busy when school started and didn't finish it. :(

I know what you mean about flying vs. driving. I definitely prefer flying and I'm not as far away as you are. Of course, a road trip now and then can be fun!

Looking forward to reading more!

The road trip was definitely fun. And this time around driving meant we can take an extra trip in September~ Ill deal with 24 hours in a car down and 24 hours in the car back for an extra week at the world anyday!!

Oh em gee...South of the Border AND El Cheapo in the same post?! :lol: My grandparents use to live in SC so I know all about these guys.

That's awesome that you got your new camera lens! Can't wait to see how it did at the parks.

haha.. SOTB and El Cheapo are staples in SC!! lol Although the gas pump at El Cheapo sounded like it was going to blow up... It was a little sketchy :lookaroun

I love Smithfield Chicken and BBQ too! (NC girl here!)

Are you sure you're not Southern? (country music and NC bbq :D)

I wish I was southern! I'm totally not a northern girl at all. I hate the snow!! And my boss is from NC and she still has an accent and says ya'll all the time and it rubbed off on me. I say ya'll because of her now!

Enjoying the report and pictures alot.

I like Luke Bryan, but I don't listen to country music, so basically I just like looking at him.:D

The pictures of the dog "driving" are super cute. I just love his name. Vince. Very "manly" So adorable.

Thank you! :wave:

Vince is quite a character. His full name is Prince Vincent Chase (after the character on our favorite show Entourage) lol

Count me in as following the trip report!
Can't believe you drove all the way to WDW, I would die if I was stuck in a car was 25 hours... but I think I'd like to have that option - kinda difficult to drive with the Atlantic Ocean in the way ;)
Update soon :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I am not very mean this morning either.

True story!

Count me in as following the trip report!
Can't believe you drove all the way to WDW, I would die if I was stuck in a car was 25 hours... but I think I'd like to have that option - kinda difficult to drive with the Atlantic Ocean in the way ;)
Update soon :)

It wasn't too bad. It is good to have the option like with this scenario when flights are just way too expensive!

I hope to get more up tonight. The first day at the parks is partially written and the pics are already edited. I just needed to get access to the pics from the drive down (they were a different file format so I needed to change them and just got the program to do it) Thanks for reading!!

disneyny

We always stop or stay around Lumberton when we drive South- usually to Myrtle Beach. How did I not know about Smithfield's? Yum. I am adding that to my list for the future. Looking forward to the report!

LeCellier.Lover

LOVING IT SO FAR! :D :sohappy: That lunch that you guys had at Smithfield's made my mouth water it looked so yummy! That was soo nice of your mom and sis to get you that camera lens that you wanted. That's something that my mommy would do for me too. Haha! Uumm I CAN'T WAIT to see your Kaner shirt make an appearance! :cool: I'm sorry that you had to see a sign for the Verizon Center.. :cry: I feel your pain. I'm pulling for the Kings to win the SC now. Can't wait to read more chica! :wave:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We always stop or stay around Lumberton when we drive South- usually to Myrtle Beach. How did I not know about Smithfield's? Yum. I am adding that to my list for the future. Looking forward to the report!

It is definitely delicious! Lumberton is usually where we stop as well. There's lots of different places to eat there. Smithfield's is so yummy. The BBq sandwich is what I really wanted which is BBQ pork and coleslaw together. SO. GOOD.

Is Pascal making an appearance in the TR like he did on my facebook wall? :animwink::lol:

I don't remember if I took a picture of Pascal on my camera. I know I did on my phone so I could put it on your wall! :D

LOVING IT SO FAR! :D :sohappy: That lunch that you guys had at Smithfield's made my mouth water it looked so yummy! That was soo nice of your mom and sis to get you that camera lens that you wanted. That's something that my mommy would do for me too. Haha! Uumm I CAN'T WAIT to see your Kaner shirt make an appearance! :cool: I'm sorry that you had to see a sign for the Verizon Center.. :cry: I feel your pain. I'm pulling for the Kings to win the SC now. Can't wait to read more chica! :wave:

Smithfields really is good. Real Carolina BBQ. I loooove sweet tea and there's is so good but I will say McDonald's does make a pretty good sweet tea, too.

I CANNOT pull for the Kings to win it. Our AHL team (Portland Pirates) is affiliated with the Coyotes and LA's AHl affiliate (Manchester Monarchs) is our biggest rival! They even fought in warm-ups last year lol and a lot of the guys up with LA now (Nolan, Voynov, King..) were such dirty players down here. Even though my friend used to back-up Jonathan Quick, I just can't cheer for them. Go Jersey!!! :D

LeCellier.Lover

Smithfields really is good. Real Carolina BBQ. I loooove sweet tea and there's is so good but I will say McDonald's does make a pretty good sweet tea, too.

I CANNOT pull for the Kings to win it. Our AHL team (Portland Pirates) is affiliated with the Coyotes and LA's AHl affiliate (Manchester Monarchs) is our biggest rival! They even fought in warm-ups last year lol and a lot of the guys up with LA now (Nolan, Voynov, King..) were such dirty players down here. Even though my friend used to back-up Jonathan Quick, I just can't cheer for them. Go Jersey!!! :D

Yes Mickey D's sweet tea is very yummy and sugary! :D
Oo well I understand where you're coming from.... Yeah I like Quick because I think he's done pretty good this year, but I don't like dirty players either.... :p WHAT?! Your friend used to back up Quick?! That is SO awesome I wish I had a friend that played hockey at that level! :animwink: Haha!

Kristia

I'm on board for your report! I am sad we missed Smithfields. Our timing wasn't right on both the way down and the way back. It was really early in the morning when we went through both NC and SC. Can't wait for more report!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Yes Mickey D's sweet tea is very yummy and sugary! :D
Oo well I understand where you're coming from.... Yeah I like Quick because I think he's done pretty good this year, but I don't like dirty players either.... :p WHAT?! Your friend used to back up Quick?! That is SO awesome I wish I had a friend that played hockey at that level! :animwink: Haha!

It was just at the college level lol not pro or anything but still, yes, Quick is a really good goaltender.

I'm on board for your report! I am sad we missed Smithfields. Our timing wasn't right on both the way down and the way back. It was really early in the morning when we went through both NC and SC. Can't wait for more report!

We hit Smithfield's at the perfect time. I was thinking we would be too early but the small rest we took set us there just in time for lunch!

joining in! love ur TRs! cant wait to read more:sohappy:

Thanks for reading! i hope to not disappoint! lol :wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Yay, so glad to see your TR. I caught a few tweets here and there, but I'm looking forward to all the details :so happy:

What kind of car do you drive? I can tell it's a Chevy; is it a Cruze? I have a 2011 Cruze, and I love it, but your maintenance issues scare me, lol. What happened to it?

In just over a month I'll be making that drive (permanently, as I so often mention :D), and I'm totally nervous that it will break down in the middle of nowhere (yes, I fret about random things that will probably never occur...part of my charm, I suppose!). I'm going to have it checked out at my local dealership before I go but still...

Congrats on your awesome new lens - can't wait to see pics from the rest of your trip!

PartOfYourWorld

You're slacking!! lol I haven't been on a lot lately cause we;ve been soooo busy at work! :(

I know :( but I'm picking it up again! lol Ugh works sucks, no worries I hear ya.

And Vince is super adorable in his sweater driving! TOo bad he couldn't go with you!!!!

Can't wait to see your pics with your new camera!!!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Here are some shots of our unit. It was really nice. The view from the screened in balcony left a little to be desired (It faced one of the holes on the golf course with 192 right behind it) but it was still nice.

Master bedroom - the door that you can barely see on the left goes out to the screened in balcony. To the right is the bathroom.
DSC_0386-1.jpg

DSC_0387-1.jpg

Second bedroom where Ashley and I slept
DSC_0385-1.jpg

The kitchen/dining area/living area from the entry way
DSC_0388-1.jpg

Living Room
DSC_0389-1.jpg

Dining area / Door to the balcony
DSC_0390-1.jpg

Kitchen looking to the front door. (The room Ashley is next to is the master bedroom and directly across from it is our room and another bathroom.)
DSC_0391-1.jpg

Mirror shot!
DSC_0392-1.jpg

We unloaded all our stuff and were beyond ready for some dinner. Mom didn't feel like going out again so Ashley and I just decided to pick her up something. We went to Bahama Breeze which was right near the resort. We LOVE this place! And we found out right before the trip they opened one down in Mass so we're going to plan a road trip to eat there this summer!

Love me some mojitos!! Yum!! A refreshing beverage after a long drive!
mojito-1.jpg

So let me tell ya something about this meal... ZOMG was it awesome! Top 3 best meals of the trip for me. BB always has good food but this was amazing. The potatoes had cheese and spinach and the chicken was deep fried and so yummy! The salsa and black beans were a nice added touch to mix into the mashed potatoes. Sorry the photos aren't that good, I took them on my iPhone.
photo-1.jpg

We even ended up getting dessert, these little mini 'shooters'. Mine was a vanilla cake with kind of a dulce de lech sauce on it. Ashley got a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or pudding. Very good.

Exhausted, we dragged ourselves back to the resort and got ready for bed. We ahd to be up early the next day for a date with some pals from the Hundred Acre Wood!!

foreverbelle

We made a stop at a rest area in Maryland and Mom took over driving. I fell asleep in the front seat and when I woke up, it was around 6:30am and we were just going through Washington DC. I saw a sign for the Verizon Center and still being bitter from the Bruins loss to the Capitals on Wednesday night, I suggested we look for some Capitals fans to throw stuff at. We didn't see any though. I lost interest once we got out of the city and I fell back asleep after that.

I thank you for not throwing anything at me....lol...it was a tough series though...I am sure you were feeling the same way I felt when we lost to the Rangers.

Anyway...

As always enjoying your report. Especially driving since the family and I will be taking it in just about a month and a half....

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Yay, so glad to see your TR. I caught a few tweets here and there, but I'm looking forward to all the details :so happy:

What kind of car do you drive? I can tell it's a Chevy; is it a Cruze? I have a 2011 Cruze, and I love it, but your maintenance issues scare me, lol. What happened to it?

In just over a month I'll be making that drive (permanently, as I so often mention :D), and I'm totally nervous that it will break down in the middle of nowhere (yes, I fret about random things that will probably never occur...part of my charm, I suppose!). I'm going to have it checked out at my local dealership before I go but still...

Congrats on your awesome new lens - can't wait to see pics from the rest of your trip!

That's actually my Mom's car and it is a Cruze. I fear my car would never make that far of a trip lol I drive a 2001 Toyota Echo. So she's an old girl! I LOVE my mom's car and I MIGHT start looking into getting one for my next car.

I know :( but I'm picking it up again! lol Ugh works sucks, no worries I hear ya.

And Vince is super adorable in his sweater driving! TOo bad he couldn't go with you!!!!

Can't wait to see your pics with your new camera!!!!!!!

Vince is quite the handsome little man. Ashley wanted to bring him. She said she would just put him in her purse the whole time... or pretend he's her seeing eye dog lol

I thank you for not throwing anything at me....lol...it was a tough series though...I am sure you were feeling the same way I felt when we lost to the Rangers.

Anyway...

As always enjoying your report. Especially driving since the family and I will be taking it in just about a month and a half....

It was definitely a tough series. I think if I hadn't been leaving for Disney the next day I might have gone into a deeper depression. lol

The drive really wasn't too bad. I know I keep saying it was long (which it was) but it wasn't awful by any means. It was cool to see different states I might not normally ever get to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom