"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After EE we headed over to either ride or grab FP’s for the safari. On the way there we spotted a beautiful cardinal sitting up on one of the buildings by Flights of Wonder.

DSCN7795-1.jpg

The line was longer than we wanted to wait and it wasn’t quite time to get new FP’s so we headed down the trails to see the animals.

Totally strange but this rabbit was just chillin on the side of the trail, eating some grass and he had no ears. We thought they might be pushed back but no, he had no ears. It was weird. He was cute though.

DSCN7797-1.jpg

I won’t post a ton of pics since we’ve all been on the safari and walked the trails before and the pictures are pretty much the same from trip to trip.

DSCN7800-1.jpg

DSCN7802-1.jpg

The gorillas were out, snacking and walking around.

DSCN7804-1.jpg

DSCN7805-1.jpg

DSCN7807-1.jpg

I have no idea what this is.. Kimodo dragon maybe?

DSCN7808-1.jpg

The bats. Some people don’t like them but I think they’re cute!

DSCN7809-1.jpg

The tigers were being lazy. Not that I blame them cause it was pretty warm out!

DSCN7812-1.jpg

DSCN7813-1.jpg

DSCN7814-1.jpg

These little guys were cute. Ashley decided she wanted one. Yeah, ok, to go along with our 2 cats, 2 dogs and a turtle lol

DSCN7816-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After that, we headed to Kusifari Bakery to get some snacks and an iced mocha. Ashley and I each got a brownie paw. SO. GOOD.

DSCN7820-1.jpg

I have no clue why I am making this face…

DSCN7821-1.jpg

The brownies (while delicious!) are SO filling though that neither of us can finish a whole one. I think in a couple weeks we’re just going to use one snack credit and split one. Tony got a regular brownie.

We walked over to use our FP for EE. While we were walking over, Tony told us we would be sitting in the front. The front? Ummmm, ok, but we like the back better! Tony explained to us the best part of sitting in front is when you reach the broken track after going up the first hill….

…. And boy was he right! Well, not for someone afraid of heights like me, it was definitely not the best part. It was SCARY! I thought we were going to go right up off the track. And it’s so close to the edge that I peered over and just about died. SUPER scary!!

Going backwards in the front was better too. Felt like you were going faster. Overall I like the back better still. Feels like you’re going faster overall, especially down the big hill.

After EE we went on Dinosaur. I tried to keep my eyes open when the big dino comes down and they take your picture. I failed. I know it’s fake but every time I close my eye and turn my head at the last minute. Lol

After Dino we went to use our FP for the safari. It turns out they had shut the ride down for a bit so now there was a huge FP line of people waiting to return. We decided not to wait and headed over to the Maharaja Jungle Trek and then to check out a show we had never seen before, Flights of Wonder.

Waiting for the show…

DSCN7823-1.jpg

A show about birds? Eh, I could have skipped it but I’m glad I didn’t. We REALLY enjoyed this show. It was cute and witty and the birds were beautiful.

DSCN7826-1.jpg

DSCN7830-1.jpg

The host (I think her name was Stephanie) was really good. And the guy playing the tour group leader was funny.

DSCN7831-1.jpg

The white bird did all kinds of little tricks. We found out after how he knew to do all these tricks and it was pretty cool.

DSCN7834-1.jpg

DSCN7839-1.jpg

This was the big bird. Her name was Audrey.

DSCN7846-1.jpg

DSCN7859-1.jpg

And the symbol of America; the bald eagle.

DSCN7867-1.jpg

This is definitely going to be something we will try and see on every Disney trip. Birds really are spectacular creatures. It was really neat to see the eagle up close.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Totally strange but this rabbit was just chillin on the side of the trail, eating some grass and he had no ears. We thought they might be pushed back but no, he had no ears. It was weird. He was cute though.

DSCN7797-1.jpg

Yeah sorry about this...I had the kids up at WDW at Easter last year...they do this to all the rabbits this time of the year for some reason.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Waiting for the show…

DSCN7823-1.jpg

A show about birds? Eh, I could have skipped it but I’m glad I didn’t. We REALLY enjoyed this show. It was cute and witty and the birds were beautiful.

DSCN7826-1.jpg

DSCN7830-1.jpg

The host (I think her name was Stephanie) was really good. And the guy playing the tour group leader was funny.

DSCN7831-1.jpg

The white bird did all kinds of little tricks. We found out after how he knew to do all these tricks and it was pretty cool.

DSCN7834-1.jpg

DSCN7839-1.jpg

This was the big bird. Her name was Audrey.

DSCN7846-1.jpg

DSCN7859-1.jpg

And the symbol of America; the bald eagle.

DSCN7867-1.jpg

This is definitely going to be something we will try and see on every Disney trip. Birds really are spectacular creatures. It was really neat to see the eagle up close.

You know we would have never dreamed of hitting this show up.
Last year our friends (complete Disney newbs) went to this while waiting for us to meet them.
They were all about it and convinced us to go.
It didn't dissapoint, not "must do" everytime, but you should definitely see it once.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
You know we would have never dreamed of hitting this show up.
Last year our friends (complete Disney newbs) went to this while waiting for us to meet them.
They were all about it and convinced us to go.
It didn't dissapoint, not "must do" everytime, but you should definitely see it once.

I agree 100%. My grandmother LOVES birds so she would really enjoy this. I think my Mom and I are going to hit it up before my sister gets there that way on the day we go to AK with her we can hit up all the "must dos" (EE, Dinosaur, Safari, FotLK)

Foolish Mortal

haha, thanks! Kane is my favorite player!! Fingers are crossed!!! I don't know what I'd do without hockey! :(

Oh I have to call a violation on you ! You're a Bruins fan but you put on another teams colors ? Would never see us Flyers fans doing that ! :D And it's going to suck without hockey for however long the owners want to play their our way or no way crap.

I love that you are still adding to 1 trip report and hopefully starting another 1 soon.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Oh I have to call a violation on you ! You're a Bruins fan but you put on another teams colors ? Would never see us Flyers fans doing that ! :D And it's going to suck without hockey for however long the owners want to play their our way or no way crap.

I love that you are still adding to 1 trip report and hopefully starting another 1 soon.

haha send me to the penalty box! The Kane shirt is kind of a joke. He's my favorite player but I said I would never wear his shirt so my sister got it for me for Christmas. And yeah, I'm not looking forward to this lock out :( Thankfully I have half season tickets to the Phoenix Coyotes AHL team so I'll get to see at least SOME hockey!!

I'm hoping to get this done before I leave... 11 days!! I'm feeling the pressure!! lol

everestnut

haha send me to the penalty box! The Kane shirt is kind of a joke. He's my favorite player but I said I would never wear his shirt so my sister got it for me for Christmas. And yeah, I'm not looking forward to this lock out :( Thankfully I have half season tickets to the Phoenix Coyotes AHL team so I'll get to see at least SOME hockey!!

I'm hoping to get this done before I leave... 11 days!! I'm feeling the pressure!! lol
Lol, nooooooo pressure, you got this

GeekDad

Your pictures of the Tusker House breakfast buffet have me wishing I had made an ADR there for my upcoming trip. Oh well I will have to mark it down for the next trip :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Your pictures of the Tusker House breakfast buffet have me wishing I had made an ADR there for my upcoming trip. Oh well I will have to mark it down for the next trip :)

Tusker House was really good. They had some foods with "african flair" to them but I stuck with the basics. It was nice to get into the park before the masses. It has such a different feel when the sun is rising and it's quiet.

CinderALLIE

Just found your TR and caught up. Can't wait for the next installment....all though the food pics are making me hungry :)

Do you prefer May or September? I am undecided on which to do for my 2014 trip. Thanks.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Just found your TR and caught up. Can't wait for the next installment....all though the food pics are making me hungry :)

Do you prefer May or September? I am undecided on which to do for my 2014 trip. Thanks.

Well after coming back yesterday from our September trip I can say both are equally hot but September was more humid. Both times the crowds didn't seem too bad though!!

CinderALLIE

Well after coming back yesterday from our September trip I can say both are equally hot but September was more humid. Both times the crowds didn't seem too bad though!!

Thanks, we were leaning towards September/October and that just helped make up our minds...not to mention the extra time to save :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom