"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Saturday April 28 - Magic Kingdom / MGM

Ashley's alarm went off at 6:45am. I wanted to sleep in a little bit longer since I had showered the night before but I was too excited so I got up. We left the room at 7:15 and we had decided prior to the trip we were going to drive down 192 and use the entrance up Sherbeth Rd by Animal Kingdom. Except that morning we were going to take the toll road and get off the back entrance we saw the day before because we had someplace to be for breakfast and we didn't want to chance it with all the stoplights on 192.

I tried to take a pic of the oh-so-fabulous sign as we drove under it but the sun wasn't cooperating and was shining directly at us. But we all know what the sign looks like so it's ok!

Hello Coronado Springs!
DSC_0393-1.jpg

Would it be cliche to say I got goosebumps when I saw this? Cause I did. It's my happy place!!
DSC_0394-1.jpg

We parked in Aladdin section and made our way to the monorail station. It was close so we just walked over. The Express Monorail wasn't operating yet so they directed us to the resort loop. Fine with me!

DSC_0396.jpg

As we stepped onto the monorail, I got goosebumps again. Getting on the monorail always does it for me. From hearing the famous "Please stand clear of the doors..." to seeing the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary on the shores above the lake to seeing Space Mountain and Cinderall Castle rising up in the distance... this is always the first moment I stop and think to myself 'I'm really here!!'

DSC_0399-1.jpg

Our ADR was for 8:15 at Crystal Palace. CP the first morning (or last morning) has become a staple for our WDW trips (sadly, not our trip in September though. Actually, we traded for Akershus Princess breakfast for the last morning since it will be Epcot's 30th!) We got off the monorail around 8 and headed to the gates.

DSC_0401-1.jpg

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0405-2.jpg

I just love this sign..

FYI, my cameras name is Penelope. I continued taking pics as I took in all the beauty that is Town Square.

DSC_0407-1.jpg

DSC_0406-1.jpg

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. A perfect morning to be at the Magic Kingdom (then again any morning at the MK is a good morning!!)

DSC_0408-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We strolled up Main Street and when the castle first came into view, my eyes teared up a little, not gonna lie!! Prior to the trip Ashley decided to count how many times I cried. (She thought I would cry either 17 times or 54 times.... lol such a dork!)

DSC_0410-1.jpg

There she is.... Pardon the crookedness (is that even a word? crookedness?) Still figuring out how to use this thing and I was so excited to be there I was just pointing and clicking!

DSC_0412-1.jpg

DSC_0413-1.jpg

I love being able to get into the park before the crowds. It's so peaceful taking in the ambiance of Main Street without being runover by strollers and scooters.

DSC_0416-1.jpg

We had the obligatory photo in front of the castle.

DSC_0418-1.jpg

I think I'm going to print out the picture of us in front of the castle for every year and just compare how much I have changed in the 24 trips I have taken.

We meandered over towards Crystal Palace. Mom checked us in and I kept playing around with my camera taking some pics. I didn't use the new lens very much though because I wanted to be able to familiarize myself with it first. I was still learning with the kit lens so I was not about to throw a new lens into the mix!! I think I did alright for my first go round. And I want to thank John (blackthidot) for helping me out with any questions that I had and was too lazy to google the answer. You're the best! Well.. sometimes. You're really just mostly strange.. But for real, thankssss!!

DSC_0422-1.jpg

Just can't get tired of this thing.... lol
DSC_0426-1.jpg

DSC_0427-1.jpg

DSC_0428-1.jpg

A few minutes later we were called in. We were actually seated before 8:20am, which was good. CP is probably my favorite breakfast place in WDW. I LOVe breakfast foods... Eggs, panacakes, french toast, waffles, home fries, bacon, sausange.. You name it, I love it! So when we go to regular sit down restaurants, it's always so hard for me to just pick a "bluberry pancake breakfast" or a "two egg breakfast" CP lets me have a little of everything!! Plus the restaurant itself is beautiful with it's white Victorian style decor.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Our table was decorated with confetti since we were celebrating Mom's birthday!

DSC_0453-1.jpg

Our first friend stopped by for a picture (Be warned, Mom was in charge of the character photos and this was her first time using Peneople. The pics get better as the trip goes on and she gets used to it, but in the beginning, they aren't the greatest!)

DSC_0429-1.jpg

After Tigger we had a few minutes so we got up and helped ourselved to the buffet.

DSC_0431-1.jpg

DSC_0432-1.jpg

Here's my plate
DSC_0433-1.jpg

Mom's plate
DSC_0434-1.jpg

And Ashley's plate
DSC_0435-1.jpg

Piglet came by next but on accident I deleted the picture. Boooooo!

Eeyore was next. He is my favorite Disney character. I just love his dark, sarcastic demeanor.
DSC_0445-1.jpg

After Eeyore left the table our waitress brought out a cupcake for Mom's birthday! She even got a card signed by Pooh and all his pals. Awww.

DSC_0449-1.jpg

DSC_0448-1.jpg

Tinkerbella16

Love the TR so far!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. So happy you were still able to go after the car troubles. Can't wait to keep following along! :D

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Awwww, no being sad! You know when I say strange I mean "Extremely helpful, totally awesome, thanks for the Bruins/Pens tickets, smang it, you're kinda like my brother now" :D

PS - Ashley loves those cats! I'll have to show her that pic.

Haha Smang It. I don't know about being your brother tho....I missed out on beating you guys up A LOT.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Love the TR so far!! Looks like you had a wonderful time. So happy you were still able to go after the car troubles. Can't wait to keep following along! :D

Thanks. We had the best time :D

Haha Smang It. I don't know about being your brother tho....I missed out on beating you guys up A LOT.

Well, when I see you in Sept you can beat me up. I mean, you can TRY to. I might whoop you though!! :p

SarahBella82

I'm enjoying your trip report. :) I live outside of Boston now, but until 2010, I lived in Maine. I've done the drive down-and-back twice because my sister lives in central Florida. Your trip report is bringing back all the good (and not so good) memories!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I'm enjoying your trip report. :) I live outside of Boston now, but until 2010, I lived in Maine. I've done the drive down-and-back twice because my sister lives in central Florida. Your trip report is bringing back all the good (and not so good) memories!

I can't even imagine driving that far...

foreverbelle

Your pics are gorgeous. My god the coloring is just fabulous.

I have never been to the Crystal Palace but it looks like so much fun....

Isn't it funny how we all have that pic we take over and over. I can't tell you how many times I take the same picture of the Castle and you know, I don't care each year I still take it.

And those signs, those magical first moments when you walk thru the gates for the first time, it just hits you. Its great. I never ever get tired of that...and there is always something special about the very first time you walk through those gates for the very first time during the trip...

johndoh

photo-1.jpg

Whatever that is, I want to eat it right now! Mashed potatoes with cheese, butter and spinach, black bean salsa, topped with fried chicken.
Sounds like a recipe for AWESOME!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster

Thank you. I love Boston. It's my 2nd fav city in the US. It's such a sports town!!

Not gonna lie, I was definitely tearing up with those pictures. le sigh! Less than 4 more months.

I was tearing up writing that part! lol and YES! Less than 4 months til we're all there!! WHEEEEEEEE!! Not gonna lie.... I haven't run in a week! :lookaroun But, last night Ashley wrote out a contract stating we will run "everytime we're supposed to run, no excuses (well certain excuses may apply)" and made me sign it and hung it on our fridge. She's getting serious about this!!! lol

Your pics are gorgeous. My god the coloring is just fabulous.

I have never been to the Crystal Palace but it looks like so much fun....

Isn't it funny how we all have that pic we take over and over. I can't tell you how many times I take the same picture of the Castle and you know, I don't care each year I still take it.

And those signs, those magical first moments when you walk thru the gates for the first time, it just hits you. Its great. I never ever get tired of that...and there is always something special about the very first time you walk through those gates for the very first time during the trip...

I can't take 100% credit for the coloring. I did edit them a little bit!! But the skies really were almost that blue that day. So pretty!!

And nothing is quite like walking under the train station and seeing the castle for the first time, you're right.

Crystal Palace is such a pretty place to eat. Food is pretty stanard however, at the kids table, there's Pooh's Puffy French Toast which is SO GOOD!! It reminds me of frieds dough :slurp:

photo-1.jpg

Whatever that is, I want to eat it right now! Mashed potatoes with cheese, butter and spinach, black bean salsa, topped with fried chicken.
Sounds like a recipe for AWESOME!

It was amazing. Sadly the Bahama Breeze nearest to us is almost 2 hours away but I'd seriously drive there one Saturday just to eat that. The potatos had the perfect amount of cheese and spinach. I HATE when potatos are overloaded with cheese but these were perfect! Last time we went they had a delicious tomato, basil and mozarella flatbread that was out of this world! They didn't have it this time though so I was kind of bummed out.

enchanted_belle

I was tearing up writing that part! lol and YES! Less than 4 months til we're all there!! WHEEEEEEEE!! Not gonna lie.... I haven't run in a week! :lookaroun But, last night Ashley wrote out a contract stating we will run "everytime we're supposed to run, no excuses (well certain excuses may apply)" and made me sign it and hung it on our fridge. She's getting serious about this!!! lol

Tell Ashley she needs to make me sign one... or maybe I'll get Angel and I to do it since she's my training buddy (who I haven't run with in 2 weeks. OOPS). :lookaroun

We'll make it through! I plan to fully use any and every walking portion! hehe.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Really enjoying your report! August can't come soon enough!

Thanks!! August will be here before you know it girlie!! :)

Tell Ashley she needs to make me sign one... or maybe I'll get Angel and I to do it since she's my training buddy (who I haven't run with in 2 weeks. OOPS). :lookaroun

We'll make it through! I plan to fully use any and every walking portion! hehe.

I ran last night and my hip started hurting again so I'm going to see my chiropractor on Monday. He says it sounds like my hips are out of alignment. It happened to Ashley once before and she said after he fixed her she was fine.

And yes, I will be taking every walking break possible. I plan on running hopefully at least 3/4 mile and then I'll walk 1/4 mile and any character stops (if there are any)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I went back up for seconds. Can't believe I missed the chocolate croissant the first time! Love these!!

DSC_0447-1.jpg

Finally the man of the hour, Winnie the Pooh came to say hi. How can you not adore this big ball of love?!
DSC_0456-1.jpg

This next picture explains the other half of this TR title. Ashley and I picked up this little "gesture" from some friends of ours who play hockey where they put their hands above their head and say "Woooooooo!!" Unfortunately, it rubbed off on us so now we do it quite often. (Example: Yesterday Ashley decided she's going to get a new grill for the back deck. My response? "Wooooooo!!") So we decided we needed a "wooooooo!!" picture.

DSC_0457-1.jpg

So this is where "Wooooooo! .. Where's Adam?" comes from. And I'm sure you could care less. Now, back to the show!

It was a little past 9 and we were itching to get into the park. We settled the bill and I took some pics on the way out.

DSC_0461-1.jpg

DSC_0460-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom