"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

plaz10

AHH CP breakfast pictures are fantastic.

We are doing our first CP breakfast in September - before all you kids arrive for the ToT run...you know EARLY in the month when the COOL kids go. :lookaroun

You guys seem to have such a blast together. It really makes me want to plan a sister/mother trip next year...hmmm

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
AHH CP breakfast pictures are fantastic.

We are doing our first CP breakfast in September - before all you kids arrive for the ToT run...you know EARLY in the month when the COOL kids go. :lookaroun

You guys seem to have such a blast together. It really makes me want to plan a sister/mother trip next year...hmmm

You know, I honestly wish I could come a little earlier because that weekend of the race is shaping up to most likely be very crowded! We were originally going to fly in on the 26th but a person who shall NOT remain nameless (JOHN) convinced us to come earlier. So Mom and I are going on the 24th and Ashley is still coming on the 26th. If I could go any earlier, BELIEVE ME... I would!! lol

We really do have a lot of fun together. Ashley and I love all the same rides and if Mom doesn't like a ride we want to go on, she's quite content shopping or going on a ride she likes. So she totally doesn't mind going for a spin on the Peoplemover while we tackle Space Mountain :D

Blueskyze

Loving the TR so far! Your pics from CP made me especially excited, we have an early ADR in August, it'll be my first time in the park when it's empty. Great pictures - can't wait to see more!

tink65

Great TR! I really enjoyed all your pics from Crystal Palace. We haven't eaten there in years. Seeing a practically empty Magic Kingdom is reason enough to book an ADR for December. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Loving the TR so far! Your pics from CP made me especially excited, we have an early ADR in August, it'll be my first time in the park when it's empty. Great pictures - can't wait to see more!

Thanks! :) It definitely is a totally different feel being there before the crowds. Very serene.

Great TR! I really enjoyed all your pics from Crystal Palace. We haven't eaten there in years. Seeing a practically empty Magic Kingdom is reason enough to book an ADR for December. Can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading!! :wave: I hope to get another update up this afternoon (darn work keeps getting in the way :rolleyes:)

plaz10

You know, I honestly wish I could come a little earlier because that weekend of the race is shaping up to most likely be very crowded! We were originally going to fly in on the 26th but a person who shall NOT remain nameless (JOHN) convinced us to come earlier. So Mom and I are going on the 24th and Ashley is still coming on the 26th. If I could go any earlier, BELIEVE ME... I would!! lol

I wish I could come down later - even with the crowd expectancy. I'd love to experience food and wine festival. And seeing all the cruise girls wouldn't hurt either. But Bill only has certain weeks off and unfortunately he only has the middle of Sept. UGH...JOHN? For reals? I somehow got suckered into doing dinner and MNSSHP. I think we agreed to meet with them because we feel bad for Colleen - being stuck with him all the time. Hahaha.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I wish I could come down later - even with the crowd expectancy. I'd love to experience food and wine festival. And seeing all the cruise girls wouldn't hurt either. But Bill only has certain weeks off and unfortunately he only has the middle of Sept. UGH...JOHN? For reals? I somehow got suckered into doing dinner and MNSSHP. I think we agreed to meet with them because we feel bad for Colleen - being stuck with him all the time. Hahaha.

Food and wine is fun! We went the last weekend last year and while we didn't eat a ton there, it was still cool to experience it.

Yeah, I don't know how Colleen does it. I'd go nuts being stuck with him day in and day out. haha I think if I actually do see him there I'm just gonna run the other way.....

enchanted_belle

Ok, post more pictures, especially food pictures, NOW. I need something to get me through work and to keep me from completely freaking out over homework. :brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

LOVE.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
The park was perfect, still pretty empty. We decided to head to Tomorrowland first. So off we went.

DSC_0462-1.jpg

DSC_0467-1.jpg

DSC_0468-1.jpg

DSC_0470-1.jpg

DSC_0471-1.jpg

We hit up my favorite ride in MK first... Space Mountain!! It was a walk on so that's always a plus!!

First shot at a self portrait with the new camera... Not bad. A little more difficult than with a point and shoot! lol

DSC_0477-1.jpg

Ashley sitting in front of me...

DSC_0478-1.jpg

We also grabbed some FP for a bit later. Here's the new sign on top of the FP machine. I don't remember those being there before so I'm guessing they put them up to stress the whole one hour window thing now.

DSC_0474-1.jpg

After Space we headed over to Buzz. But not before we spotted some cute little munks with hardly a line! The munks are always a favorite of ours because they always interact so well with us!

DSC_0484-1.jpg

DSC_0488-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Buzz was a walk on and I schooled Mom and Ashley (like usual) I take these rides VERY seriously.

DSC_0490-1.jpg

My best score of the week... It all went downhill from here...

DSC_0493-1.jpg

See I take it so seriously I can't even be bothered to take my purse off my shoulder!
DSC_0495-1.jpg

DSC_0496-1.jpg

After Buzz we hit up a favorite for all of us, Carousel of Progress. Just before we went on this trip Ashley and I dug out the old home video of Disney from 1992. Mom had videotaped the whole COP, you know, with the HUGE camcorders that sat on the shoulders and weighed about 90lbs? lol ok so they didn't weigh that much but I can't imagine carting one around the parks with me all day. So props to Mama Dukes for doing it back in the day! Anyways, we watched the old version of COP right before we went. Brought back a lot of memories of the good old Disney days!!

DSC_0497-1.jpg

We used our FP for Space and decided to get a coffee at the Main Street Bakery so we headed that way. More specifically we wanted an iced mocha. Yum!!

DSC_0505-1.jpg

DSC_0506-1.jpg

On the way we saw everyone's favorite trashcan, Push! Ashey struck a pose with him after he asked me what I was taking pictures of. After I took their picture he proceeded to ask "Were my eyes closed?" lol

DSC_0507-1.jpg

ml123_9

Loving the TR. Your pictures are wonderful. I think your sister had the same look on Buzz in one of your previous TR's.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
This picture is VERY neat! Is that in the walkway to Tomorrowland? Very cool and different perspective kudos to you girl! :D :sohappy:
Also, you and your sister look so pretty in the picture of you guys right before getting on SM! :)

Thank you!! Honestly, I can't remember where exactly the sign was.. Since we walked from Tomorrowland to the hub, I'm guessing it was between Stitch's Great Escape and the bridge!

I Love Push so much!

Meee toooo!! :)

Loving the TR. Your pictures are wonderful. I think your sister had the same look on Buzz in one of your previous TR's.

Thanks!! :wave: haha I think she has the same look in every Buzz picture! It used to be a joke that on every roller coaster picture she always looked lost/confused.

mamamouse

you n I have the exact same coach purse ,which is amazing to me because although I usually see alot of similar ones they are usually the huge mary poppins fit a house and a two car garage version LOL

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
you n I have the exact same coach purse ,which is amazing to me because although I usually see alot of similar ones they are usually the huge mary poppins fit a house and a two car garage version LOL

I LOVE that purse!! I will admit though I do have a brown Mary Poppins one for everyday use as well as another black one that's not quite as big but it's bigger than the one I used in Disney. I also have the matching wallet :) The thing is they last so long. I've had my black one for 4 years now and it's still in almost perfect condition!

mamamouse

I've got the matching change purse too,and I just got a bigger one for my birthday (my mom gave it to me early) it's gold and has small designs in other colours and a little gold sequins star fish on it:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom