Wonders of Life closed? (And more updates)

Disneyfalcon

Does anyone know what seasonally means? If Body Wars opens seasonally, will you just walk through an empty (people wise?) pavilion to get there? Will it only be open peak periods, not say in February when I'm there?:eek:

maxime29

Premium Member
Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
Does anyone know what seasonally means? If Body Wars opens seasonally, will you just walk through an empty (people wise?) pavilion to get there? Will it only be open peak periods, not say in February when I'm there?:eek:

Seasonally means it is not in operation during certain parts of the year. The times when EPCOT gets busy is when they would open the seasonal rides (ie: Summer, Christmas holiday). Unfortunately, I believe it will be closed during your visit. :(

FigmentJedi

Originally posted by Michael72688
Well obviously you like the dullest rides Disney has ever had!
I don't want a flame war, so i'm restraining myself from smacking you. Go to digital disney and watch Horizons,World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination and Kitchen Kaberet and see the attractions for what they are:educational,heart-warming,witty(especially WoM),and had a catchy tune with them. Now, look at the replacements, JII has lost it's Imagination and has an attraction that would go better in WoL, Mission Space is a thrill ride that makes people vomit to the point that they give guests barf bags, Test Track has no real educational value and was created to please those that watch "When Cars Explode MXXI", and Kitchen Kaberet's decendent Food Rocks is going to be a GIFT SHOP! You must want Eisner still in,and the monkey's will hunt you down. The Monkeys smell bad and shoot rotten bananas at people. BEWARE THE MONKEYS!!

mikesenger

I always wondered if the people who are fans of test track have never driven cars on their own? On the trip to florida i go faster in my own car than i do on the ride, and i have driven in snow, rain, etc....its not really a "thrill ride" when it is in your own car.

mikesenger

Michael72688

Originally posted by Tahu
I don't want a flame war, so i'm restraining myself from smacking you. Go to digital disney and watch Horizons,World of Motion, Journey Into Imagination and Kitchen Kaberet and see the attractions for what they are:educational,heart-warming,witty(especially WoM),and had a catchy tune with them. Now, look at the replacements, JII has lost it's Imagination and has an attraction that would go better in WoL, Mission Space is a thrill ride that makes people vomit to the point that they give guests barf bags, Test Track has no real educational value and was created to please those that watch "When Cars Explode MXXI", and Kitchen Kaberet's decendent Food Rocks is going to be a GIFT SHOP! You must want Eisner still in,and the monkey's will hunt you down. The Monkeys smell bad and shoot rotten bananas at people. BEWARE THE MONKEYS!!

I didn't throw up on Mission: Space, I enjoyed it more the Horizons, Test Track is fun and fast, much better the WoM, and JII, is ok, and I never saw the other one. btw I dont want Eisner to stay I really hate the guy! I've said it again, they're not going to keep a pavillion open if it is always empty!

matt88mph

Okay, I've heard quite a lot and am throwing my hat into the ring.

I've had the fortune to be on Test Track quite a few times and to have downloaded the World of Motion video on Digital Disney. And I can say this: both equally deserve to stand in EPCOT today. Test Track shows a fast-paced look at the world of testing cars, and World of Motion is a relaxing and heartwarming way to show the future world of transportation. And isn't the future what Future World is all about?

But getting back to Wonders of Life. I feel that if you rehab Body Wars, perhaps get out of the 80's look, and add some new stuff (like moving Food Rocks, a show about taking care of your body by nutrition), then Wonders of Life will have them pouring in no time.

Heyyall

I'm taking Grizzly's side too...
I am for thrill rides, I LOVE them, and I would like to see more at Disney. However, he's right...these new rides don't have the same heart (or whoever said that). I mean, I LOVE the Land Pavillion, and I'm looking foward to Soarin, but I'm a little concerned what it's going to do to the pavillion.
Mission:Space is just a ride, nothing like an interesting pavillion, that EPCOT is about. Although some might disagree, I wasn't thrilled with M:S. I didnt see the big deal, and it just wasnt one of my favorites. I love testrack though.

I love thrills, and when there are posts about rides at Magic Kingdom and never updating them, then I comment how Disney needs some new thrill rides. But I don't fell the same about Epcot. It started with great pavillions, but now they're just being ripped down and having these rides in their place. I'm glad Sorain isn't opening this year. I can't imagine what a crowded mob that place is going to turn into.

dxwwf3

I gotta go with Grizz on this one too. I absolutely love Test Track and Mission Space and I also believe that they were great replacements and they were changes that I guess should have been made. BUT I also personally would rather have World of Motion and Horizons in the park. Those attractions just had a special feel to them that can't be replaced. If there was any way to have kept at least Horizons it would have been perfect. Horizons and World of Motion and also the old Journey Into Imagination are Epcot Center and I guess that will never change. I love the new Epcot but I also miss the feel of the good old Epcot Center.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I too agree with Grizz! I love Test Track and Mission: SPACE, but i'd take World of Motion or Horizons over them ANY day. M:S and TT just don't have that 'feel' to them. They're just big-time thrill rides with no point in education. And that's what Horizons and World of Motion were all about. All Epcot is now becoming is a thrill park, and is straying away from its beginnings.

General Grizz

Original Poster
LMAO. . . glad to hear all the support. Go quality! :)

"I don't think most guests will miss these attractions once the new attractions open (i.e., when Horizons becomes Mission:SPACE)." - Marty Sklar

dxwwf3

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
LMAO. . . glad to hear all the support. Go quality! :)

"I don't think most guests will miss these attractions once the new attractions open (i.e., when Horizons becomes Mission:SPACE)." - Marty Sklar

While I think that Test Track and Mission Space are high quality and I really do love them both I think that Marty's quote is just plain stupid. Most guests are newbies so how are they going to be able to miss something they never got to experience. That would be like me saying "I'm so glad we've got Mickey's Philharmagic instead of that old Mickey Mouse Reveue". I'm not old enough to remember the MMR so how would I know.

DDuckFan130

Like others have said, I am also not the biggest fan of Test Track and unfortunately I never got to experience WoM. Test Track we like to go on just because we scream for the fun of it and go "weeeee" :lol: ...but lately its just there to give us a bit of adrenaline...however, my relatives and I went to Disney the weekend before Xmas and Test Track was never more fun. See, my aunt is not the roller coaster type of person and she hates drops...we assured her that all it does is go fast and goes a little sideways...big deal right? when we got outside the building she her face was just priceless and she kept screaming "Me engañaron! Me engañaron!" (Translation: "You lied to me! You lied to me!" :lol: )...That's what made Test Track fun...it's not necessarily the ride itself that was awesome it's the memories we got from it...sorry if that didn't make any sense :hammer:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yes. . . I agree about the experience issue - one of the MAJOR contributions to Disney magic.

You should have seen my face when I first rode test track. :zipit: :lol:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Mission Space is cold and cramped. . . while Test Track has zoom after zoom after zoom. . .

Wonders of Life is now unusually peaceful. And, well, closed. If they can crank up Body Wars to a new thrill, inject new life, and "keep the peace," then at least ONE place at EPCOT can be left with population - - AND quality/heart! (The Land will now be a crowded mess because of Soarin'.)

It seems like know-how has gone down the drain. . . and short-term attractions (ala the then-Body Wars) may eventually take their toll into a weak mess called "Discoveryland."

:eek: Yikes... you just HATE present day Epcot... dont you? :confused:

Just say it... I already know that you do. :lol:

Which is fine... I mean this is a discussion forum and everyone has a right to post there opinion... But Jeeze... all you ever do anymore is complain and nit pick everything apart in present day Future World. *sigh* :(

If you hate Epcot that much... why even go there ? To find more stuff to complain about? :veryconfu

Its not 1989 anymore. :wave: :)

andre85

He was speaking in a general sense, and the fact that you’re an exception proves the rule. The majority of the people on this forum are Disney fanatics, thus not Disney’s target audience (despite what you may think). You guys represent an insignificant portion of Disney’s targeted market. The mass of Disney World’s guests (I’m willing to wager) prefer the new attractions to the old, as evidenced by the attendance for the respective attractions.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12
If you hate Epcot that much... why even go there ? To find more stuff to complain about? :veryconfu

Wow. That's VERY far-fetched. So now it's assumed I hate EPCOT? I spend hundreds of dollars a year there. . . and I HATE it??

OUCH.

Nothing of the kind! I adore EPCOT. . . Seas, Land, Spaceship Earth, Energy, Life - well, not Life anymore - and ALL of World Showcase. It has a WONDERFUL feel - my second favorite place in the globe. . . and that is NO joke. Future World itself.

You quoted me on two attractions - and for the reasons why, well, read above. I simply adore the rest! (Well, except Imagination. Eww.) Doesn't every great city have its slums? :lol: (Oh, no, but because we don't like certain parts of it that the creators have degraded . . . means that we don't like it at all, despite what we say about the entire majority . . . )

And, don't worry, Jerry, I don't always complain. Go back and read my hundreds other posts that praise Future World. (Focusing on the negative ones, are we? :p) I've never complained about F.W., simply those few attractions you quoted from that exist in it today.

And OBVIOUSLY I care for Future World so much as to not like certain trends to spread (growing thrills REPLACING less original EPCOT-style attractions - when before they didn't use to -, pavilions only using half of the space, lack of 300 Animatronics over the years, no more songs).

You see, Jerry, if Future World *does* turn out like this 360 degrees, then there would be no need to go back. . . and then your theory of my "dislike of EPCOT" would be true.

Because EPCOT wouldn't mean anything at ALL if it stays on course. "Tomorrow? I see no tomorrow!" Thus, its weakness is one I personally want to avoid.

Oy vey. . .

And, no, it's not 1989. . . but attractions were made a whole heck of a lot better before then.

(Here's a secret..shh! I really hate the Magic Kingdom because of the Enchanted Tiki Room UnM and Goofy's Dancing Jamboree. And I hate Disney because of its ownership of Dimension Films and Viewer's Choice. So that's why I'm never going back to the parks anymore or watching films. . . but shh!! :lookaroun )

stagestar

Guest Flow & Attraction Balance

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

this has been a very long discussion more or less shining light on all possible opinions regarding the latest changes in EPCOT's Future World, but one point, I think, needs to be emphasized more: GUEST FLOW!

Does anybody remember how guests kind of spread more or less evenly over Futureworld when the gates opened?? No longer! Now the majority rushes toward Test Track and Mission Space. That is a problem IMHO. The opposite side of Futureworld gets kind of empty. In fact I had the personal impression that the lines at Ellen's Energy Adventure got really longer since M:S and TT are both operating. With WoL now also closed most days I suppose the lines at Ellen's Engergy Adventure will get even longer - I mean there is something you need to do while waiting for your FastPass and there is something families need to do while parts of them are in line on M:S.

With the closure of WoL there isn't much to do anymore in that area for families. I think even so definitely WoL was dated they should have tried to get the families waiting around M:S to visit WoL. Right now many are just sitting somewhere in front of M:S. Why not lure them into WoL?? There is quiet some fun for their children, maybe they even will buy a drink or snack... In fact maybe BodyWars could have been replaced by a more gentle ride aimed at those unable / unwilling / too young / too small to ride M:S??

TT and M:S attract the majority of guests into the same section - and right now Disney does neither do anything to keep the part of groups entertained who can not ride the two big thrill rides nor does it do anything to really balance the effect - resulting in really empty walkways on the opposite of Futureworld till later in the day.

Soarin' might help a bit - but that needs to be seen. One advantage of Soarin' definitely is, that there is enough around to keep waiting families entertained...

Yours
Dirk

General Grizz

Original Poster
Soarin' and Nemo will both help. As for Mission Space, it was utterly DEPRESSING to see all of those families waiting outside in the heat. . . .on the ground, on the green fields. :( Looked nearly as though there were as many people inside the building as out!! :brick:

This is even a STRONGER emphasis on how newer pavilions, such as Mission Space, do not meet up to the attractions ten years ago (Wonders of Life). Back in '89, when Body Wars was the absolute craze, Life had so much to offer for kids and families.

Mission Space caters to one direct target, replacing the family attractions. . . while the ones remaining go seasonal! :lol: :brick:

The area behind Mission Space is so vast, they should have pushed the thrill ride back and made a "family experience" in there as well.

Thus, it is not because they are "NEW" pavilions, but rather because they are weak pavilions.

Shaman

Thus, it is not because they are "NEW" pavilions, but rather because they are weak pavilions.

I agree....I wonder who is responsible for that trend....

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom