Wonders of Life closed? (And more updates)

The Mom

Premium Member
I think people are also losing sight of the fact that WDW was conceived during a time when people did not have the disposable income to visit multiple times in a lifetime, never mind several times a year, as many of us do. (I'm not even going to get into those who VISIT weekly or daily!)

Epcot was fashioned after the old World's Fair concept. I think if the people complaining only had ONE chance to see everything, they wouldn't be griping about how boring everything is. It's the familiarity which makes things boring, which is why thrill rides are more popular....until they lose the "thrill" due to repetitiveness, and people won't wait in line to see them anymore.

I don't see this trend changing anytime soon; some people feel that a trip to WDW should have been guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. ;)

DDuckFan130

Re: Guest Flow & Attraction Balance

Originally posted by stagestar
In fact I had the personal impression that the lines at Ellen's Energy Adventure got really longer since M:S and TT are both operating.

Definitely noticed that too! We were always able to get in right away but last time the line was too long so we just went to see to the Imagination pavilion :D while we waited for our Mission:Space fastpass time to roll around

Michael72688

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Soarin' and Nemo will both help. As for Mission Space, it was utterly DEPRESSING to see all of those families waiting outside in the heat. . . .on the ground, on the green fields. :( Looked nearly as though there were as many people inside the building as out!! :brick:

This is even a STRONGER emphasis on how newer pavilions, such as Mission Space, do not meet up to the attractions ten years ago (Wonders of Life). Back in '89, when Body Wars was the absolute craze, Life had so much to offer for kids and families.

Mission Space caters to one direct target, replacing the family attractions. . . while the ones remaining go seasonal! :lol: :brick:

The area behind Mission Space is so vast, they should have pushed the thrill ride back and made a "family experience" in there as well.

Thus, it is not because they are "NEW" pavilions, but rather because they are weak pavilions.

The majority of people wouldn't like the pavillions of 10 years ago

DivineMadness7

Originally posted by Michael72688
The majority of people wouldn't like the pavillions of 10 years ago

This is an assumption! You are not basing that on any sort of fact, survey, etc. and I am tired of reading it!

Not everyone wants thrills! (as you seem to think they do...)

They obviously liked them enough because EPCOT wasn't empty 10 years ago! :lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Michael - - If you read my post, you would realize that it's not the exact pavilion itself, but the STYLE: a mix of family entertainment, education, and a brand-new, revolutionary thrill ride.

Can you argue with that? :confused:

stagestar

It's the Mixture!

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there,

it seems strange that Imagineering or the management in charge seem to ignore the fact that they need a mixture of attractions for families and thrill fans. I mean: even when they realize it, they seem to get it wrong.

M:S is a perfect example: nothing to do for waiting families - as we said above - right? Wrong! There is a middle-sized childrens' playground and those interactive elements in the post-show ... but: how is the AVERAGE guest (speak: family) in EPCOT to know about that?? It is not as if there were huge signs everywhere leading to that area and the "entrance" is through the shop, down a non-descreptive corridor and a small door against the flow of exiting guests. As long as you don't ask a CM how are you supposed to know that??

Maybe some signs already could help improve the situation for bored families waiting in front of M:S??

Yours
Dirk

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by DivineMadness7
They obviously liked them enough because EPCOT wasn't empty 10 years ago! :lol:

And its not empty now either :brick:.... so whats your point? :confused:

General Grizz

Original Poster
I don't think a kid's playground that's pulled right from McDonalds will leave a lasting memory.

P.S. The rest of the arcade style attractions are popular enough anyway without the families that are waiting outside. There really needed to be something else.

Michael72688

I dont want all rides to be thrills! I just think the rides at Epcot are so terribly boring they should be replace, some with thrill others without. Some of my favorite rides are not thrills, tea cups, tomorrow transit thing, tomorrowland speedway, stuff like that, they are fun not boring. btw you guys must be the majorty on the thrill thing, the thrills are built and people come, I cant wait to see Disney's numbers from not till 2006!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I don't think a kid's playground that's pulled right from McDonalds will leave a lasting memory.

I never said that it does... :lol: :zipit: :wave:

But yes.. I do agree with you on the tacky McMission Space Playland. :lol: :p

MouseMadness

HMPH! :mad: Speak for yourself!

*goes to play Monkey in the Middle with the kids*

:lol: :p

General Grizz

Original Poster
Christy - by all means it is fun! But you can find these things at any local Mickey D's.

Trust me. . . if I could, I'd talk you back to 1997 before Disney shut down the upstairs Image Works at Imagination.

THAT was Disney.

Adults loved it. Toddlers loved it. Teens loved it.

LMAO Jerry! :lol:

MouseMadness

Christy - by all means it is fun! But you can find these things at any local Mickey D's.

Trust me. . . if I could, I'd talk you back to 1997 before Disney shut down the upstairs Image Works at Imagination.

THAT was Disney.

Adults loved it. Toddlers loved it. Teens loved it.

Grizz! I kid! Those things scare the heck out of me. I can't ever keep track of my kids in them, and I sure as hell am not going to go inside of it to follow them around. Makes me all claustrophobic.

And '97 was my first ever visit to WDW. I wish I knew then what I know now. :( So many things are gone that you guys just go on and on about that I've never experienced!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Just making sure, Christy! (You're kidding when you say you like Vince, too, right? :lookaroun *hehe jk*).

Anyway, cross your fingers. Maybe in the future Disney budget would be OH so KIND! to pay for insurance up there. Like they did for fifteen years.

bjunderwood

wonders of life

ok, just one question: what is goin on w/ WOL? ive heard so many different rumors that im incredibly confused. is it seasonal, or is it final? thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom