Wonders of Life closed? (And more updates)

General Grizz

Original Poster
According to DisneyWorld.Com Operational website:

Astro Orbiter will be closed for refurbishment January 26 - March 1, 2004.

This is needed. Not sure why it's so long, but the whole structure has been motionless (see link in sig).

Epcot ®
Wonders of Life - open seasonally

Is it closed yet? I wouldn't think so based on high crowds. I've heard January 5th - any info from you folks who will visit the parks this week?

In final news, it is reported that Food Rocks will have its farewell performance Thursday or Friday night. Any information on this will also be helpful.

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

In final news, it is reported that Food Rocks will have its farewell performance Thursday or Friday night. Any information on this will also be helpful.

I have been hearing the 3rd, and thats what Cm's at Food Rocks have been saying. They are sad about it, as am I. I hope to be there saturday night, for the very last performance...

LONG LIVE PITA GABRIEL AND THE GET TO THE POINT SISTERS!!!

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Any news of what's going into Food Rocks? Or is that going to be seasonal as well? Or is that gonna be some space for 'Soarin'?

The queue for Soarin I believe

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I doubt Wonders of Life is already closed, it's most likely January 5th after the New Year's holidays and weekend when the parks will hopefully go quiet. It probably won't reopen until summertime, unless they open it during every week or more holiday, which means Spring Break will be the next time it's operational.

Sad to hear about Food Rocks, another AA-food musical show is sadly closing. LONG LIVE THE PEACH BOYS!:D

ISTCrew20

I heard Gift Shop. :D

and you have the nerve to smile about this???!!!:cry: ...

I dont think it will be a gift shop. Its 3 considerably sized rooms, way to big for a gift shop, but a tad small for a queue

General Grizz

Original Poster
What are you TALKING about? Of COURSE we should replace a potential animatronics theater with a gift shop = MOOLA!!

:lookaroun

Naw. . . I AM sad to see Food Rocks go (only because it has potential space for another AA show, sorry bud :lol: - I *did* see it last week, though!!).

I heard Green Thumb will serve as the entrance from inside. The Food Rocks area may be demolished totally. . . so it's anyone's guess. From what I was told, the theater and part of the late queue area will be part of the exit, and the rest of the queue space will be used as a gift shop.

domincfh

Account Suspended
my luck...i'm going on the 6th ofcourse...miss all my fav attractions :ie food rocks...cranuim command....maybe something will happen to delay the closing but prob not:(

TinkerBell9988

A moment of silence for Food Rocks....

I'm so scared to see what will happen to the rest of The Land in the future... :(

Thanks for the info, Grizz.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Re: Re: Wonders of Life closed? (And more updates)

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
A moment of silence for Food Rocks....

I'm so scared to see what will happen to the rest of The Land in the future... :(

Thanks for the info, Grizz.

Yeah. I'm worried about the Land also - especially what's going to possibly hurt "Circle of Life" in the next couple of years. :(

Anyway. Those of you visiting the parks, let us know when the final performance will be - and if there is any celebration like there was for the Country Bear Playhouse in Disneyland. (Usually EPCOT doesn't have these closing celebrations. Pity. They're good money-makers - perhaps even sell Limited Edition DVDs! :( )

WDWhumanmap

no griz like carousel and timekeeper its now going to be open seasonly for fact no one goes to it anymore so why keep it open espically b/c mission space is next store also i disagree with this why wonders of life all the time i am in there it is crowded i mean somethings are in need of an update but somethings are alot of fun and in the summer when i go its a place to get cool and relax from the summer sun

General Grizz

Original Poster
Nope. No one goes there.

:lookaroun

747P1010021-med.JPG

747P1010019-med.JPG

:p (taken in early December)

There was a very young Japanese boy who was in AWE with the Abra Cadabra Merlin display. He called his parents over, and his expression was priceless. He was about two or three. . . walking around. Sometimes, at Disney, the true magic doesn't lie in the thrills, but in the true simple, peaceful pavilions. :(

Anyway. . . now I'll have to plan my trips during the most crowded seasons. Luckily, thanks to AE being down, I don't have to worry about Magic Kingdom anymore.

WDWhumanmap

very true b/c MK has gone to the children and you went and took those in dec. of course there is no one there its off season but i for some foolish reason go in the summer or use to easter the last time i went off nobody was anywhere thats why most peoples pictures will look like that the only good thing about that griz is that you can walk on rides :lol:

TinkerBell9988

Actually, when my family and I were in WDW for the summer, we stayed for a week and we examined the crowd numbers on a day to day basis.

When we entered the Wonders of Life (on a Saturday), the place was totally empty. The snack place was deserted (haha.. "dessert"ed... just realized that), and there was only one CM working that place. The Making of Me wasn't running, and Body Wars had no wait. It was a shame to see the place like that.

So anyway, my family and I sat down to share a "Low Fat Brownie Sundae"!

:slurp:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Well, folks, tonight may well be Food Rocks's final performance. I'm guessing everyone will gather aruond 6:40 to view Food Rocks one last time.

I sent Montu to take photos and give a special THANK YOU to Mr. Dairy Goods after 21 years of food-filled fun!

ISTCrew20

Well, folks, tonight may well be Food Rocks's final performance. I'm guessing everyone will gather aruond 6:40 to view Food Rocks one last time.

I sent Montu to take photos and give a special THANK YOU to Mr. Dairy Goods after 21 years of food-filled fun!

Wow...you think people will gather?...I was thinking an empty theater...Hmmm, guess we'll find out today. And after what you said about the REST of the kitchen things, I dont know if I want to say goodbye to your chunky milk guy:lol: ...They may be cardboard cut outs, but atleast they are not singing bears:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
From what I was told, the theater and part of the late queue area will be part of the exit, and the rest of the queue space will be used as a gift shop.

Yep.
Sounds about right.

Funny though, Soarin' at DCA doesn't have it's own gift shop. It shares one with all of Condor Flats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom