When do you pack?

YoungNY

I'm 19 days from Disney and I'm resisting the urge to pack. To be honest I've been wanting to pack for 2 weeks now. I think I'll wait one more week. So when do you start packing for your Disney trips?

WDWmazprty

My wife is an organizing queen and she takes care of all the packing for the family. She will pack different things little by little starting a month before we leave. When all is said and done, everything is packed and ready to go usually 2 days before we go.

Upvote 0

Going2Disney

This is our first trip October 22-29, 2010 so three sleeps away. We are planning on surprising the kids who are 6 and 3 so I will not be packing til the day before we leave which is at 3 am OMG. The kids will think that I am helping Daddy pack for a business trip and then when I wake them up at 3 am they are in for a huge surprise.

I am hoping to be able to just move them from bed to the car and tell them at the airport! We will have to see. I can hardly wait. Watched the video from Disney and was moved to tears!! I keep seeing commercials on tv of parents surprising their kids with going to Disney!! Priceless.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

When would I like to pack?? Oh a week, or the weekend before we leave....

When do I usually pack-The night or two before. Its horrible.

Though we leave on a Monday in March so I am hoping we will be a little more on the ball for the trip.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I use to start about a week out when the kids were younger but now that they do their own packing I do mine and DH a day or night before!! I might toss a couple of things in the corner to have ready but it freaks the dog out to have the duffle bags on the floor to long before we go. He has learned that when the duffles come out he has to also go on vacation. So I wait!!!!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I use to start about a week out when the kids were younger but now that they do their own packing I do mine and DH a day or night before!! I might toss a couple of things in the corner to have ready but it freaks the dog out to have the duffle bags on the floor to long before we go. He has learned that when the duffles come out he has to also go on vacation. So I wait!!!!!
Our cats do that as well. The oldest one (Loki) gets supper clingy when the suit cases come out and does her best to keep us from packing. When we git back she turns her nose up and ignores us for about a day.:lol:

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

I sruggle to contain myself and pack a week before we go, using my spreadsheet/checklist. Then for the next week I look at my packed suitcase and wish this week go bye faster. It's like a watched pot.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Little by little over two weeks.. Being from Canada and seeing as we go NOT in the summer, usually the summer stuff is easily packed early on (if I can find it, haha) and socks and undawearz happen when they're clean.

I looove packing.

Upvote 0

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I always keep our "trip" bag packed. That has the toiletries, etc. I try to go through my trader pins about 2 weeks before and figure out what I'm trading and update my PINPICS account and my book. I keep my BF's Disney shirts separate from the rest of his wardrobe so that's always ready to go so the weekend before, I wash all our clothes and finish packing. (I've been mentally packing for weeks so I know exactly what's going). 3 days before, I pack the laptop and accessories and the pins and the "munchies" bag. Also, transfer my ID, Credit cards, park tickets, room/dining confirmations and cashola to my Winnie the Pooh purse/backpack. The night before, the drinks go into the fridge and the cooler is readied. Day of, grab our pillows, toss everything in the tripmobile and we're on our way!!

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We leave in 29 days & I am getting the urge to pack...I already have my packing list completed...Now, I just have to put everything together in the bags!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mukta

I take the suitcase down about a month before. I toss in my water mister and a few undergarments. Over the next few weeks, I toss in clothes as they get cleaned. The week before I pack toiletries and books for the plane. The day I leave, I throw in the phone charger and I am ready to go.

Upvote 0

Frightful

Usually the night or a few hours before despite every intention not to. If it's something I have to tear my whole apartment apart for (extended camping trip), then maybe a week or so, IF I can get the right attitude going. I really want to pack now for my May WDW trip--so far I've only made meticulous spreadsheets and, um, practice-packed a few things :lookaroun then put them away again. Ideally everything not immediately needed will be in the car the afternoon before we leave, since I'm going to be so stressed that morning until we arrive.

Upvote 0

MSU Jafar

My DW starts packing weeks before we leave. I prefer packing as late as possible, usually the night before or the morning we leave. I can never sleep anyhow, because I am so excited for our trip!

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

I am already thinking about it and we are at 76 days to go. But we got the holidays ahead of us with shopping, parties and combined with the long work hours I have to begin relatively early to fit all the things I have to do in, this time of the year. (We leave January 5th) I mentioned this past weekend it was nearing time to get the cases from the attic. We can at least put the shorts in them and tees because soon it will be too cold to be wearing them anyways. :) The actual packing of the suitcases will be done mid December.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom