What merchandise to you buy at WDW?

Korfar

The wife and I take out 2 kids every year. We all get 1 pin for the trip, the kids then get one additional item of thier choice. This year I am looking to complete the haunted mansion bobblehead set. I bought Gus last year. I need to get Phineas and Ezra this year. Hopefully they still have them in September.

devoy1701

I buy a new Olzewski Main Street USA piece on my extended stays. I got tired of pointless merchendise/t-shirts etc...especially because most of the tshirts and stuff you see in the stores you can get online for about 75% cheaper! We've done it many times so we no longer buy that kind of stuff in the parks.

Same with ornaments...those story book christmas ornament sets are $40 in the parks, or $19.99 on disneyshopping.com. :shrug:

LowesChevy

I always buy a few t-shirts, pins, vinlymation, key chains, stickers, scrap booking stuff and a new coffee mug about every year.

Tiggerfanatic

Photo album with the year, shot glasses, magnents, dated Christmas ornament. Anyting else has to really be exceptional and speak to me befire I buy it (like last year when I bought the tiny crystal figurine of Timone - he just screamed "BUY ME!")

MillerPoppins

A photo album with the year on it, some pins, and if there is a fun vintage shirt. Anything Mary Poppins. Most of my money goes towards presents for my niece and three nephews. The boys usually get Star Wars or Pirates stuff and my niece is all about Cars.

dreamfinder

Don't have a regular purchase. A pin or two maybe? Thats about it. Other wise we just buy stuff that we see that we like. We will see something one trip and then want to buy it next trip, but that's about it. Our biggest purchase size wise was one of the big Mr. Potato Heads you fill with parts. And come to think of it, that was also probably the most expensive item also.

Batphobic

This is a great thread - gives me some ideas of things to look for. In fact, I was going to buy a bunch of pins on eBay prior to our Sep trip but after reading this post I realize -- it's just not the same. Gotta get the pins there at WDW.

I usually get a pin or two. And we give the kids a small budget they can spend on whatever they want.

I like the idea of getting magnets because you can keep those out all year long... who wears a lanyard with pins around all year? Also a HM platter for Halloween candy.

smm914

I always pick up a Haunted Mansion souvenir every trip. Sadly, there is not much of it out there so I will soon run out of items to purchase :(

forevermickey

LOVE DISNEY SHOPPING!!!!! Can't get enough! I don't have nearly enough money to do all the shopping I would like to do, but I do get a few things.....

1) possibly an xmas ornament
2) I am a new pin collector so I am obsessed with the pins!
3) Souveniers for the family
4) Maybe a Mickey kitchen item
5) Love the T's but they are too expensive!

bg0617

Attraction Posters from the Art of Disney.
In my opinion its great because it brings a little magic to me each day when I see my collection of posters in my room. Each time I go to Disney World I buy one poster so it gives me something to look forward to for the next trip.

I usually buy pins, things I can use in my classroom (like my Figment puppet), unusual Star Wars stuff (like the Potato Heads) and usually at least one ornament which may just be an excuse to always visit the Christmas Shoppe and feel festive. :xmas:

This is a great thread - gives me some ideas of things to look for. In fact, I was going to buy a bunch of pins on eBay prior to our Sep trip but after reading this post I realize -- it's just not the same. Gotta get the pins there at WDW.

I usually get a pin or two. And we give the kids a small budget they can spend on whatever they want.

I like the idea of getting magnets because you can keep those out all year long... who wears a lanyard with pins around all year? Also a HM platter for Halloween candy.

Let me make a suggestion... if you can find some cheap Disney pins on eBay, buy them and then give them to the kids to trade with cast members for pins. It's a fun experience that gives you a "found" souvenir, a great memory and fun interaction with a cast member. Just don't get any you'll end of missing if you trade.

bluefaery

Whenever I go to WDW I always buy 6-10 new pins for my collection, a new pair of Mickey ears, a t-shirt (if they have any I like), and when I had my disney visa I used to always get the free 5X7 picture with the characters.

Monorail Lime

For myself it's pretty much just monorail/transportation themed merchandise (not that there is a lot of it) and anything retro.

Dear wife buys a ton of plush and magnets and such for the nephews back home. I think it's very silly since it's the same sort of stuff we could buy at the Disney Store but I'm not going to start a fight over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom