What merchandise to you buy at WDW?

MissM

As a FL-resident Passholder, I don't buy in big groups, but I get stuff throughout the year as it catches my fancy. Categories of things I've bought in the last couple years include...

• Pins (both buy and trade)
  • tee-shirts (I'm wearing my "Por Favor..." monorail one right now actually!)
  • sometimes a hat
  • tea and candy from Twinnings in the UK Tea Caddy shop
  • a pearl from Japan at Epcot
  • antenna topper
  • pressed penny (whenever I find a design I like but don't have)
  • at least one new xmas tree ornament each year
  • the occasional mug
  • a character art sketch (Figment)
  • the oddball nick-knack like a keychain, little toy, light-up item, etc.
Usually, we're pretty good and don't spend a whole lot on any one given day but we've been known to splurge now and then. :animwink:

wizards8507

An activity I've started recently is Pin Trading On a Budget. You can buy a "grab bag" of Disney pins on ebay for usually around $1 a pin. Each time I go, I buy 20 (or so) pins on ebay and trade them for ones I see in the parks. This allows me to come away from the park with something new, without ever having to pay list price for the pins.

Coincidentally, my next trip will be largely focussed on hunting down a Steamboat Willie pin. I've been looking for a trader for a couple years and now refuse to pay for one out of principle.

mike10

Question for anyone who is a Steamboat Willie fan. Anyone know where I can get the best Steamboat Willie merchandise?

Thanks

_Scar

Usually nothing.

I find Disney prices to be outrageous, and I can never bring myself to paying those prices- BUT... I do have a soft spot for plush. If it's a character that I don't see quite often and is a favorite then I usually can't resist. Also, since I usually have few dollars left if I spend money, I always end up buying some Goofy's sweets or Chip and Dale chocolate covered somethings. Those are so nice to munch on in the hotel after the park xD

Also, I give every piece of Donald merchandise a good look to see if I want to buy it. 2 out of 3 Donald Duck items that I've bought have been lost or forgotten on 3 consecutive trips though. I think it's a curse! rofl

Disney_Geek

I definitely have a weakness for anything Lion King, Wall-E, Pixar or Slinky from Toy Story related. xD I usually don't buy anything, however, but when I do buy merchandice, it's ususally one of those things.

mike10

Coincidentally, my next trip will be largely focussed on hunting down a Steamboat Willie pin. I've been looking for a trader for a couple years and now refuse to pay for one out of principle.

It's funny I was lucky enough to get a two Steamboat Willie pins from my last trip. One I paid the price but got Mickey from the 1920s till current in a little pin set for about 24.95 that had 5 pins of Mickey. The other my wife was lucky and got 2 SBW (Steamboat Willie) pins out of the heroes vs villains box they had last year. So she gave me one and kept the other.

Right now I'm trying to trade with a co-worker of mine who was a former Disney employee. I guess they got a special SBW pin for their 5 yr anniversary and he said he MAY be willing to trade me that pin. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm HOPING to snag that from him in a trade.

If your wanting a SBW pin that bad but don't want to pay for one try http://www.magicalmountain.net/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=25

It's a place for people to get online and see if a trade can be sparked up.

David S.

My favorite things to buy at the parks are:

DVDs and CDs about the parks - Most (if not all) of these can only be found at WDW, so it's a no-brainer to pick them up at WDW because I won't be finding them in a Best Buy. I also collect the DVDs of classic Disney films, particularly Disney animation, but usually don't buy these in the parks because they are cheaper elsewhere and usually very easy to find.

Books about the parks; D23 Magazine - Like the DVDs and CDs about the parks, these are things I am passionate about, and since many can be hard to find outside of WDW, they are a no-brainer for me to pick up when at WDW.

Disney T-shirts - I am building quite a collection of these. I have several of the "official" WDW shirts sold in the gift shops, and have also really gotten into the "Disney Design a Tee" store at Downtown Disney, because you can design the shirts yourself and therefore finally get a lot of the more "obscure" characters on an adult-sized T-shirt that you would NEVER find on an adult-sized shirt in the official gift shops! It's nice to finally own cute T-shirts with Dumbo, Jiminy Cricket, Bambi/Thumper, Chip and Dale, Nemo, Flounder, etc. These characters aren't REALLY "obscure", of course, but to the people who design the "official" character shirts for the gift shops, they seem to be! And the "Design a Tee" shirts look just as professionally-made and "official" as the ones available in the gift shops.

Plush Disney Characters - Yes, I'm a fan of these, too! ;)

Not everything I buy at WDW falls into one of these catagories but this pretty much covers most of it.

L2DAVI

I bought the pick a pearl last year. It wasn't even for myself. We bought the oyster then a heart cage and a gold chain. It was a birthday/thank you gift for my sister who was home taking care of my pets. I always seem to be on vacation when it is her birthday. :king:

kingmonty84

Last year we went to WDW for our Honeymoon and bought 2 glasses with mickey ears etched into them.

They're the same style as this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Hidden-M...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eae216ad2 but are tall glasses (maybe 20 oz?)

We love them (and the other kitchen things we bought, including tea towels and measuring spoons, and christmas decorations), but we would like to buy a couple more and can't find them anywhere! We went to Disneyland Paris this year, but they didn't have them there.

Does anyone know where we can find some?

Thanks!

Matt and Kelly

I really like buying new coffee mugs. I try to pick one up every Disney trip we take. I'm also a big fan of hats, which I also like to pick up something new each time.

The biggest thing we have started to collect over the past few years is Christmas Ornaments. We are getting to the point where we need a seperate tree just for Disney decorations!

Hrudey3032

I usually buy a new hat and some sort of football/hockey jersey.If there is usually a new Donald Duck piece of clothing and reasonable I buy it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom