What merchandise to you buy at WDW?

scoobygirl39541

We’ve bought so much over the years, Disney should start paying us to visit! Haha

Hmm every year I take away a new hoodie, the resort mugs, something Sleeping Beauty themed (mug, photo frame, snow globe, etc.), and if there’s anything new and exciting in the Dinosaur gift shop (rarely) we buy that lol

Oh! And recently my dad and I have been going every year the week before Christmas, so we get some kind of Christmas related souvenir.

Korfar

Has anyone that has been there recently noticed if they are still selling the glow in the dark bobble heads of the hitchiking ghosts? There were sold at a kiosk outside the HM.

FireChiefGoofy

Last year DW and I bought $600 worth of kitchen stuff at DTD. We got a new house and have transformed the kitchen into everything Mickey. Dishes, cups, silverware, clock, dish towels, etc. We usually get a new big figurine for our family room (it's all Disney and fire trucks), some shirts, and anything new for the monorail playset we can find. The car is usually dragging its butt all the way up I-95 home.

Dragonrider1227

TOOOYYZZ!!
Seriously. In 2007 I got some Pirates of the Caribbean (ride characters) figures, and Luke Skywalker Mickey Mouse and in 2008 I got Indiana Jones Mickey Mouse.
I also once got a Pirates of the Caribbean mug (that broke a month after we got home ><)
Oh yeah. Every year we get those Souvenir mugs that get us soda refills at the resorts.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I am very surprised how many of you already answered my question, thanks a lot for that, and I find it very interesting how large the differences are although nearly everyone here is a WDW-buff (at least I think so?).
Some are very restricted about their shopping behaviour and some want to buy empty the emporium.

I have to confess, if I had the money I would buy much more. At least every t-shirt I like (especially those that are attraction based), every jacket etc., every mug towel I like (the EE- and TL-lagoon towels we bought in 2007 are absolute beauties and although we use them a lot are still in a good condition), every magnets, a lot of small stuff I don't buy, perhaps don't even know yet because I have to concentrate on some major souvenirs, books of course but also resort merchandise.
I could easily spend 1000 bucks in a one-week-stay. Of course I don't, at least yet, as I don't have the money. I hope that changes some day.

TxNewsies

It is so hard not to go crazy with the shopping! We usually go with a list of items that we would like to buy which includes the items we purchase every year.

Each trip
1) magnet with the year
2) photo album
3) t-shirt
4) Christmas ornament
5) picture frame

This trip extras
1) hat
2) earrings
3) coffee mug

I'm sure my list will grow while I'm there. :D I love Disney shopping!

forevermickey

Last year DW and I bought $600 worth of kitchen stuff at DTD. We got a new house and have transformed the kitchen into everything Mickey. Dishes, cups, silverware, clock, dish towels, etc. We usually get a new big figurine for our family room (it's all Disney and fire trucks), some shirts, and anything new for the monorail playset we can find. The car is usually dragging its butt all the way up I-95 home.

That is so cool, a Mickey kitchen, any pictures you could post?

Imagineer6

I usually get 1 souvenir from every park (i.e./ Big snow-globe, anything with the park's name on it, mugs, magnets,) and maybe a little thing like a pen from any good ride.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I usually try to pick up a magnet of the year, and a mug. However, since resort mugs are becoming more scarce, I bought myself a Tomorrowland poster this time. My kids get some of the usual souvenirs, although this time we got both of them some custom tshirts at DtD....

ccarter30

It's true though. I really would like to see pictures of all of that.

We always buy at least 1 t-shirt and an ornament every trip that we go on.

loveofamouse

I HAVE to buy a spinner for "each kid" ;) lol. I ave hing for them and they hae new designs every time. o I have a need to buy them. I use my kids as the excuse. lol. I alsoget them from the Ice Shows.

Im getting into the pins so I may buy a few of those.

Lately, I've also got into getting the kids Ears. Last year, we got the birthday one fr my son and the princess one for my dd, both with their names. Well, this year, Im saying we are getting new ones because it's not DSs birthday this trip and DDs crown broke hee hee. The baby didn't get one last time cause she ouldn't wear one. So she's gotta get one, too, esp since she's Minnie Lover

And I really want Kitchen decor. Not sure if the DH would go for it :) But I have a plan......

WDW-Crazy

Whenever I go to WDW I always buy 6-10 new pins for my collection, a new pair of Mickey ears, a t-shirt (if they have any I like), and when I had my disney visa I used to always get the free 5X7 picture with the characters.

We have the Disney Visa card and had our pic taken with Mickey & Pluto on our last trip. We'll probably get that free photo again this Sept with whoever they decide to have for the photoshoot. We always take advantage of this kind of stuff...great keepsakes!

Mickey_777

Whatever seems really cool at the time...but I always get the WDW coffee mug they change every year and some type of magnet...

Buried20KLeague

I know someone who would also love to see a picture of this.

I'm not FireChiefGoofy, but I've got a few kitchen pictures that maybe you guys would like. :wave:

We completely gutted and rebuilt our kitchen a little over a year ago, with the idea that we wanted to have a "hidden Mickey" theme... Something that people wouldn't even really notice when they were in the kitchen, unless they were REALLY looking for it, and then it would be everywhere. Here are a few pictures... Let's see how many Mickey and Disney things you all can list!

It actually works really well... People really don't notice there's a Disney theme to it at all, then we point it out, and they start walking around seeing how many they can spot.

BTW... There's more of them than are shown in these pictures... This was right after it was finished. We've added since then, but I don't have any new pictures of it yet. EDIT TO ADD: Now, we've got something like 47 Mickey or Disney references.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

UberPlannerMom

Do the refillable resort mugs count? We also get pressed pennys. We will also allow our kids something small as long as I haven't seen a million copies of it for sale on ebay!

loveofamouse

I'm not FireChiefGoofy, but I've got a few kitchen pictures that maybe you guys would like. :wave:

We completely gutted and rebuilt our kitchen a little over a year ago, with the idea that we wanted to have a "hidden Mickey" theme... Something that people wouldn't even really notice when they were in the kitchen, unless they were REALLY looking for it, and then it would be everywhere. Here are a few pictures... Let's see how many Mickey and Disney things you all can list!

It actually works really well... People really don't notice there's a Disney theme to it at all, then we point it out, and they start walking around seeing how many they can spot.

BTW... There's more of them than are shown in these pictures... This was right after it was finished. We've added since then, but I don't have any new pictures of it yet. EDIT TO ADD: Now, we've got something like 47 Mickey or Disney references.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Okay Im sure Im not the only one. lol. The only things I see are the Mickey jar containers and some clear pitcher(?) next to it. The track light is telling me something. lol. Give us a hint.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom