What merchandise to you buy at WDW?

Buried20KLeague

Okay Im sure Im not the only one. lol. The only things I see are the Mickey jar containers and some clear pitcher(?) next to it. The track light is telling me something. lol. Give us a hint.

LOL! :lol:

One problem with those pics is they got a little smaller when I put them in the thread than when they're full screen. They're a little easier to see in full screen. But there's at LEAST 4 or 5 in each picture.

Aside from the couple you saw, look in the following places:

On the stove (3 there)
Microwave (1 there)
Big island behind the cat (1 there)
In the glass cabinets on both sides of the kitchen (a BUNCH in those, but bonus points for anyone that can tell me exactly what they are!!)
On the counter next to the refrigerator (3 there, at LEAST)
On the fridge (but to be fair, they're next to impossible to see with the picture smaller like it is)
In the picture window (same deal... There's like 6 in there, but you can hardly make them out with the size of these pics!!)

That should help you see a few.

Of course, now there's more, like I said. Towels, etc...

loveofamouse

LOL! :lol:

One problem with those pics is they got a little smaller when I put them in the thread than when they're full screen. They're a little easier to see in full screen. But there's at LEAST 4 or 5 in each picture.

Aside from the couple you saw, look in the following places:

On the stove (3 there)
Microwave (1 there)
Big island behind the cat (1 there)
In the glass cabinets on both sides of the kitchen (a BUNCH in those, but bonus points for anyone that can tell me exactly what they are!!)
On the counter next to the refrigerator (3 there, at LEAST)
On the fridge (but to be fair, they're next to impossible to see with the picture smaller like it is)
In the picture window (same deal... There's like 6 in there, but you can hardly make them out with the size of these pics!!)

That should help you see a few.

Of course, now there's more, like I said. Towels, etc...

Okay I figured you probably have Mickey glasses in the glass cabinets. lol.:ROFLOL: I'll have to go look for the others

loveofamouse

okay I see the 7 dwarfs on the counter, the mickey sticker on the microwave but I can tell what's on the stove. I see stuff in the middle but cant make out what they are

TakeMeThere81

I love the pressed pennies. Cheap and memorable imo.

We also always get a bucket of popcorn, we've got many designs collected.

A new coffee mug

A new Christmas ornament

Magnets, keychains, anything like that that can be a daily reminder of Disneyworld.

T-shirts on occasion and possibly a picture frame. I like the wood ones.

And our kids like getting new hats. They've got goofy, sorcerer mickey, classic ears, stitch, and a the big blinking birthday cake. I've got pink princess ears. We like hats, they're fun.

zweltar

We generally get a new Christmas ornament or two.
A nice picture frame.
And, if budget allows, a nice Disney figurine of some kind.
Also, a tee shirt or two for ourselves if we see cool shirts, but shirts are not a must-have for us.

FireChiefGoofy

Our kitchen is not as fancy as Buried20K's as it is still a work work in progress (need new counters and cabinets) but I will post some pics of it and the family room this weekend.

Tomi-Rocket

our stuff....

My kids started pin collecting on our first trip and I just started on our last. On each trip we get a Christmas ornament with the year, t-shirts and a photo album. I'm also going to add towels to the list and maybe a frame. I love bringing home stuff that reminds me of each trip. I even wrote the year on the towel tag from our last trip so we can remember which year we get them. I'm sure I'll find more things to get with each trip, the fun is finding it. Like last year I saw a purse I had to have and I love it. Maybe I'll be able to get one on every vacation from now on, who knows? :D

EvilQueen-T

for us we do a small gift for each of us and it depends on what time of year we go so if it's near christmas how much christmas shopping we've done ahead of time are our main factors as we have family members out of state who miss living near wdw. my daughter (now almost 21) always gets a ring made outside poc ride, my sister and i always get matching t-shirts to wear another day in the park (our parents would buy matching shirts when we were growing up so we keep doing it when we go together). we look totally stupid and don't care. we went just the two of us last year between thanksgiving and christmas for her 39th birthday and did the t-shirts but walked around feeling more like a lesbian couple... we still laugh over that one. i never leave without a coffee mug but still love my husbands favorite donald duck mug... they just don't make the really big ones like that anymore even at wdw.

and omg why would anyone carry the gifts around all day??? you can send them to the resorts, send them to the front of the park, or even get a locker.... dragging stuff around all day NO WAY lol.

Tater48

We get a couple of new picture frames, and my DW has to always get a zip up hoodie with either the year or Tinkerbell on it. She gets a new pair of Tink earrings every trip. I usually make it out with some new pins and a couple of T-shirts. Since we are there every year in May for our Anniversary, we have started collecting the etched glass plaques from Arribas Brothers on Main Street, with our Anniversary date and the number of years on them. Here is what they look like:

auryx.jpg

janoimagine

Books, lots of books. Theme Park music CD's. Glassware. Refrigerator magnets. Christmas ornaments. Park DVD's. Fine art. So much to list. :D

pcarathers

We always buy the pin for our resort that trip, and a shirt. But generally anything is game as long as I stick within our daily budget.

My motto is, if I can buy it at Wal Mart, Target, Kmart or anywhere else back home, then I will not buy it at WDW....I noticed on our last trip in May 09, that some of the toys for the kids were basically the same stuff they sell back home. I told our kids to only look at things specific to WDW or our resort.....

mike10

I know for myself and my wife our first time going last October we made the plan to only spend $250 for myself and $500 for my wife.

Lol well needless to say that didn't happen I ended up spending $500 and my wife spend $1200. I bought pins that cost the most of my money and a few other things. My big spender was ANYTHING with Steamboat Willie. I bought the Steamboat Willie bobble-head and a few other Steamboat Willie things.

My wife and I bought quite a bit of pins and a bunch of things ranging for sweatshirts, t shirts, mugs, WDW castle piggybank, that HUGE rug, a mickey mouse watch, plates, and other things I don't even remember lol.

Tell me does it get cheaper with souvenirs as you go back again and again? I just found out that Disney will be adding cars land in 2012 but it's at Disneyland so that will be another trip.

mp2bill

There's not something that I always buy, but the last time I went my wife and I got a Mickey and Minnie throw blanket (always nice for those cold New England winters), a retro MM tote bag, some MM shaped ice cube trays, a bunch of other random stuff, and my favorite...a MM Fantasia big fig with the fiber optic lights in the base (which, I just realized this morning, was in the background behind Tom Fitzgerald on one of the Travel Channel shows). Love that thing.

I also like to buy Disney collectibles off EBay...but you have to be careful with that one.

mp2bill

My big spender was ANYTHING with Steamboat Willie. I bought the Steamboat Willie bobble-head and a few other Steamboat Willie things.

Did you buy the Steamboat Willie big fig? I almost got that, but as you can see from the post above, I got the Fantasia one.

tink68

Ok the first couple of times we went I have to say I bought anything I could get my hands on and afford. :lol: Now I try and make a list and stick with it so I am not broke when I get home.
Usually I get a resort magnet, theme park magnets, new t-shirt and new coffee mug. The one thing that I make sure and get every year is a pin with the year on it.

stargrl33

I have a Disney charm bracelet that I started back in 2007. So now whenever I go, I make sure to get a charm for it. I usually get a Christmas ornament to put on the family Christmas tree at my Dad's house. Other than that, it's just postcards for my scrapbook, but the next time I go I think I'm going to invest in one of those lanyards that can hold your park ticket and fast passes. Seems much easier than digging it out of my wallet every time I get to a ride :)

Chrononymous

I always buy something to add to one of my Disney collections, but I admit it's getting harder to find stuff that's unusual or that I really like.

I find I am getting much more picky...still I always come home with something fun!

Things I collect...

Pirates of the Carribbean stuff (lately, that's hard to find good quality items for)

Splash Mountain stuff (usually pins)

Hollywood Tower Hotel Merchandise (my bathroom is loaded with it!)

Vintage Disney stuff (repro labels, books, whatever I can find!)

Official CDs

Last time there I bought a couple of pins, some haunted mansion playing cards and an awesome Cheshire Cat mug...but nothing for the collections!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom