What Do ...

cdunbar

So they would go back to a queue?
I would assume but who is to say they would run out of reservations, I mean they plan it so there is enough reservations for everyone to have one if the park is at capacity and then when it's not you have one's left over maybe...I have no clue

GrumpyFan

What happens when they run out of reservations?

Good question. My assumption would be that they take/accept reservations up through closing time. So, when all the reservations are gone, they don't take anymore guests. I'm not real sure how it works, but I would guess they go back to a regular queue where people stand in line and wait. I would guess on a normal day they would have 10-20% of guests who got a reservation not show up for their time slot, so that would mean at the end of the day, they are actually ahead of schedule, in theory at least. If the software is smart enough though, it could adjust for this.

ms7479a

Where is it being used now?

Actually, the RFID technology has recently been implemented for cast members throughout Disney World. RFID tags are being placed on every costume to make it easier for cast members to take-out and return their costumes. It seems to me, though, that this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what this technology is capable of.

GrumpyFan

Actually, the RFID technology has recently been implemented for cast members throughout Disney World. RFID tags are being placed on every costume to make it easier for cast members to take-out and return their costumes. It seems to me, though, that this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what this technology is capable of.

Indeed it is. If your curious, just go to the Wikipedia for "RFID".

SirGoofy

I predict that part of what Jim MacPhee and his "Next Generation Experience" will be to implement queueless waiting on all of the major attractions across the resort. Then they will provide a means by which guests can schedule their activities in the parks ahead of time. So, you might log on to the scheduler from your hotel TV/Interactive Kiosk the night before or morning you're visiting Magic Kingdom and select the attractions you want to go on for the day. The system would then generate all of your group codes/time slots and you would get a list. Perhaps they'll tie in an alert system via RFID to give you a head's up before your time is up. .

I don't see it happening. No body waiting in line=uncomfortably busy walkways, restaurants, and shops, not to mention having people literally standing around with nothing to do.

GrumpyFan

I don't see it happening. No body waiting in line=uncomfortably busy walkways, restaurants, and shops, not to mention having people literally standing around with nothing to do.

Who said they wouldn't have anything to do? They could go ride a ride that doesn't have a queueless wait, see a show, or as you pointed out and Disney hopes, they could eat or shop, which translates into more profit for them! This is really not much different than Fastpass except for the fact that it will virtually eliminate the stand-by line, which will mean that pretty much everyone will be freed up and have the opportunity and now the time to give Disney even more of their money, or so they hope. But, yeah, you're right in that it will mean busier walkways, restaurants and shops.

Figment1986

ET is always tons of fun when you do things like that! Me and my friends were all Wakabashi. There were 5 of us. Let's just say much hilarity ensued.

How the heck did you find that name anyway? I wish I knew someone who worked there and had access to the database of pronounceable names so i could get weird ones like yours.

hack2112

How the heck did you find that name anyway? I wish I knew someone who worked there and had access to the database of pronounceable names so i could get weird ones like yours.
Honestly, I looked online for ridiculous names, and made a list of a few. Luckily for us, the first one worked.

Huck

Sorry,
you are all way off...
look back, on page one, at the Wikipedia definitions for DDK...
one of the entries is Daniel Dae Kim...
who plays Jin on...
LOST!

Yes people!!!
This is finally the announcement for the One Billion Dollar LOST island fifth gate!!!!
Rejoice!!:p:animwink:

DisneyParksFan1

I wonder if this is truly the fifth gate. It could also be that the WDW Parks are getting a wave of RFID tech upgrades. Who knows.

This reminds me of last year when suddenly the word D23 came out of nowhere and it turned out to be announced in the Shareholders' Meeting of 2009. I think the same thing will happen with this. They will announce this in the Shareholders' Meeting 2010. I hope...

EPCOT Explorer

Not if you have something else for them to do...That's high capacity, and huge.

Kinda like Fantasyland.:lookaroun

Sorry,
you are all way off...
look back, on page one, at the Wikipedia definitions for DDK...
one of the entries is Daniel Dae Kim...
who plays Jin on...
LOST!

Yes people!!!
This is finally the announcement for the One Billion Dollar LOST island fifth gate!!!!
Rejoice!!:p:animwink:
:lol: On Discovery Island!!:sohappy::lookaroun

Disneyson 1

I found out the Pooh testings from another site...

They had the 100 Acre Wood closed off for Meet n' Greets with Pooh and the gang. The parents would wait in line for their kid's meet-n-greet while they played around in the playground, then they called the kids over for the meet. Smart idea, but it's VERY hard to keep track of kids, let alone call them back to the line.

EPCOT Explorer

I found out the Pooh testings from another site...

They had the 100 Acre Wood closed off for Meet n' Greets with Pooh and the gang. The parents would wait in line for their kid's meet-n-greet while they played around in the playground, then they called the kids over for the meet. Smart idea, but it's VERY hard to keep track of kids, let alone call them back to the line.

So like what they did with RNRC?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom