What Do ...

Disneyson 1

^ Remember, Mermaid Lagoon has just 4 kiddie rides, a quick service, a playground, and a show. It's considered one of the most well themed and the most "fun" land in the park. With all WE get (a classic, a refurbed kiddie coster, a major E Ticket Dark ride, a restaurant and much more in terms of themed lands) and all the promises concept art gives us, I don't think we have to worry.

juan

Sorry,
you are all way off...
look back, on page one, at the Wikipedia definitions for DDK...
one of the entries is Daniel Dae Kim...
who plays Jin on...
LOST!

Yes people!!!
This is finally the announcement for the One Billion Dollar LOST island fifth gate!!!!
Rejoice!!:p:animwink:

hmmm... so I was right :drevil:
:lol:

Lee

Adventurer
EPCOT Explorer said:
It's going to be a big area, there will be lots to look around in and enjoy.
Skip ahead about 5 years....this is Lee's visit to Fantasyland.

Walk through Castle.
Get a FP for Mermaid.
Eat at the Beauty and Beast joint.
Ride Mermaid.
Head over to Tomorrowland.

Meet and greets? Princes areas? Dumbo?
No thanks.
For the average guest without kids....very little going on that isn't there now. Which already isn't much.

Tell that to WS....Same concept!
Except for how WS has interesting stuff for male guests over 10 years old.
The new Fantasyland...not so much.:shrug:

juan

Walk through Castle.
Get a FP for Mermaid.
Ride Mermaid.

No thanks.
For the average guest without kids....very little going on that isn't there now. Which already isn't much.

I agree, but what I like about the whole thing is this will hopefully thin and draw some of the screaming kid crowds so that the other areas of the park will be more manageable and enjoyable.
:wave:

Lee

Adventurer
I agree, but what I like about the whole thing is this will hopefully thin and draw some of the screaming kid crowds so that the other areas of the park will be more manageable and enjoyable.
:wave:

Hmmmmm....a brat trap....I like it...:drevil:

juan

hey, can someone please explain to me what RFID is, im kind of lost in this thread because I don't know.:shrug:

radio-frequency ID
technology that can be used to store info, ie the quick-pass tags on the turnpike

hopefully used at WDW to store your place in line, rides "recognizing" you by name, etc

EPCOT Explorer

Walk through Castle.
Get a FP for Mermaid.
Ride Mermaid.

No thanks.

True, I do give you that. But I would like to think based off what we have seen, and off what I've heard that it's going to have that same look and feel to it that WS has. Very relaxed, immersive, and plenty of nooks and crannies to wander around and explore. Right up my ally...:lol:

This is a bit off topic I realize but anyone know or think if we will get a 40th Anniversary celebration at all?
I think we will get something for marketing purposes, but rides, as originally planned? Nope.

We might see some parades, entertainment, and maybe fireworks, though.

aladdin2007

True, I do give you that. But I would like to think based off what we have seen, and off what I've heard that it's going to have that same look and feel to it that WS has. Very relaxed, immersive, and plenty of nooks and crannies to wander around and explore. Right up my ally...:lol:

I think we will get something for marketing purposes, but rides, as originally planned? Nope.

We might see some parades, entertainment, and maybe fireworks, though.

Yeah Im hoping at least a celebration promoted at the MK with a new parade, and with a restored Tiki Room would be nice. Or has that idea been shelved?

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah Im hoping at least a celebration promoted at the MK with a new parade, and with a restored Tiki Room would be nice. Or has that idea been shelved?

The only thing that I have heard on Tiki is the inclusion of Stitch, and there has not been anything on that in a WHILE.

:)sohappy: :lookaroun )

aladdin2007

The only thing that I have heard on Tiki is the inclusion of Stitch, and there has not been anything on that in a WHILE.

:)sohappy: :lookaroun )

Yeah werent they going to close the tomorrowland show and use the stitch animatronic in the tiki room? Maybe they will just bring back the original tiki room.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT Explorer
It's going to be a big area, there will be lots to look around in and enjoy.

Walk through Castle.
Get a FP for Mermaid.
Ride Mermaid.

No thanks.

I would tend to agree, although I DO believe there's another attraction coming to the project (possibly announced as soon as Feb.).

There isn't much as is. That's the bottom line, though, and you pointed it out well.

Will it look good? Yes. It will likely stand out like a sore thumb as the MK isn't the most detailed park out there.

But how much time would the average adult, who doesn't have girls under 11, want to spend there.

As bad as Tentland is, there's plenty to look at if you're looking for details ... it just isn't enough to get me to spend any time there.

Quote:
Tell that to WS....Same concept!

Yep. World Showcase can in no real way be compared to what's happening in F-Land. One is aimed at a much, much higher level. And even after a decade plus of Walmarting, most of that is still there.

F-land expansion is designed to sell the Disney Brand and the princess and faires franchises and all the merchandise that goes with them.

That's it!:xmas::xmas::xmas:

WDW1974

Original Poster
This is a bit off topic I realize but anyone know or think if we will get a 40th Anniversary celebration at all?

No comment, just yet ... mainly because I'm not sure I trust what I've heard, not because I am being coy.

It won't be ignored, that much I can say with certainty.

But a celebration? ... no comment, yet.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom