What do you collect from the parks?

PatsRule

Park Maps, extra napkins, soaps from hotels, hotel pens are the freebies

Sweatshirt, t-shirt, baseball cap, beach towels are the things we buy, but not necessarily all on the same trip.

vilegirl

For me it's magnets (or pins that I turn into magnets). I have a whole wall in my kitchen dedicated to them. I love to travel so I collect them everywhere I go. I'd say right now my WDW magnets are equal to my "everywhere else" magnets, but I'm sure WDW will soon win out!!:ROFLOL:

Eyekimore

I used to collect the Resort re-fillable mugs from all the places we stayed at- but now they all look the same- so no more........

We collect pins, Eyeore stuff, and Goofy stuff.

yankspy

i'm a fan of the freebies as well! i usually take the soap and shampoo from the resort rooms. i think i also have a small collection of the room keys as well.

I have all of my room keys and park passes starting from about 15 years ago. We also have christmas ornaments dating all the way back to 1974. :wave:

wvdisneyfamily

I love freebies like logo napkins, the little things they stick in drinks with logos, park maps, etc...
As far as stuff I pay for....
1. t-shirts
2. pins for specific rides, hotels, etc...
3. post cards
4. magnets

My husband says I collect just about anything I can get my hands on...:lookaroun

When I was a CPCM I wanted to collect something to remember my time down there, so I started collecting pins for the attractions and events I worked at and holiday's that I was there for. I still do this now, collecting pins for the holiday's and/or events that we are down there for.

I'm just glad I didn't start collecting snow globes... I've heard they aren't very easy to bring home on a plane anymore. Anyone have that problem?

krankenstein

I collect pins, but I try to limit myself to 5 or less a trip b/c they can be expensive. I also have started a mouse ears collection. I am planning on buying one pair a trip to give me another reason to go back!

sublimesting

I collect stuffed animals, anything for around the house, we always buy a picture and a frame. We spend ALOT at Disney on souvenirs.:eek:

StingraySam

Shot glasses (I seem to be finding a lot more different ones these days)
Soaps (I have actually used these at home on occasions)
Pens (Don't know why, they just seem to follow us home)

Eyorefan

My DD always gets a stuffed animal and a T-shirt, and I collect the plush mickey's (you know the ones that are all dressed up in different costums?) I have almost 30 now.

jjgoo

Since they tend to have a new one each year I collect the magnet that has the year on it.

If it happens to be a year when <gasp> I do not get to WDW I try to find a friend or co-worker and ask them to buy it for me.

I want eventually to have to buy an extra fridge just for the magnets! :lol:

Scooter

I collect a LOT of stuff from WDW...too much I'm afraid.

Some of the things I have collected over the years.

1) Mickey Mouse Soaps, shampoos, etc. from the resorts
2) Antenna toppers ( I have 119 differant ones + extras)
3) Pins, Pins, and more pins
4) Magnets...tons of them.
5) Large snowglobes ( I have around 30)
6) Small snow globes ( one from each park plus some attraction ones as well)
7) Those 3-D Plastic Drinking glasses..I have 5 or 6 of those.
8) Resort Mugs
9) Stuffed animal characters. I try to get one from each Disney movie. So far I have Nemo, Chicken Little, Crush, Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Stitch, Chip and Dale, Figment, Winnie the Pooh, land of course Mickey Mouse.
10) I just bought a new a curio cabinet and my plans now are to buy one item from each Country at EPCOT's World Showcase and display them in there.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any more things I collect right now.

mickeymaniacs

I collect shot glasses and right now I have probably 100 with about 20 of them being from disney that I have gotten and family has gotten for me. We also collect the plastic 3-D glasses. I love those things I have 1 from Disneyland and 1 from WDW (just started those last year). Want to start collecting the snow globes but have to ship them home. Daughter is starting pins.

Cole'sMom

I collect charms and I have started a charm bracelet. For each trip we take I buy a charm or two that has special meaning from something that has happened on that trip. I think it is a great way to capture and relive the wonderful memories of our vacations. If I am having a bad day, I look at my wrist and smile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom