What do you collect from the parks?

sarabi

For me it started with just the soaps and the stationary from the resort and the resort map. Oh, and a park map from each park.

Then I started with the ambient music from the parks (not the ride or show music... the background stuff in different parks).

Then pin collecting began and I had to get into that.

Then I found the antenna toppers for different seasons and had to get those.

And now I'm hearing of these collector packs of 3 figurines in a pack for $5??? I think I found a new collectible.

lpet11984

For me it started with just the soaps and the stationary from the resort and the resort map. Oh, and a park map from each park.

Then I started with the ambient music from the parks (not the ride or show music... the background stuff in different parks).

Then pin collecting began and I had to get into that.

Then I found the antenna toppers for different seasons and had to get those.

And now I'm hearing of these collector packs of 3 figurines in a pack for $5??? I think I found a new collectible.

Funny how the cycle starts...start with the small stuff...park maps, soaps, pens.....move on to music, pictures, etc......and before you know it, you're officially hooked once you start with the pins....Somewhat varying items, but always the same cycle..it's all too familiar to me!

swimmom

I collect anything and everything from maps to ticket stubs to unused fastpasses, mostly because I want to scrapbook. But there is one thing that I need to bring back form every trip....a chinese umbrella. Every trip I try to get a different color or a different design. It is always fun to go back and look at them.:)

joshwill

So i was dusting off my shot glass collection from around the world (as in earth, not just walt's) and i counted 17 of my shot glasses came from wdw. i was surprised because i thought i had a lot more than that from wdw. on one trip i had tried to collect the pressed pennies, but i never seemed to have any change on me so i only ended up with about 7.

so i know pins are big collectibles, but what else do you guys collect from the parks and how many do you have in your collections?

blisters on my feet :hammer:

i collect pins.

i have about 250 donald, 30 haunted mansion, 50 american flag and maybe 20 that would be in other catagories.

Pippa

I have to buy each trip a tin from the candy stores that contains jelly beans, costs about $10. I don't know why it just became my little tradition.

Disneykidder

antenna balls, soaps (haha), maps (I even use these in my lessons~~I'm a teacher), picture frames, pictures, mugs, buckets, stickers they give the kids are great for photo albums. Lots more stuff!!

I also collect the Mickey heads after the parade on the ground...they look cool glued in the photo album, too!!:)

KaliSplash

From the parks themselves as opposed to the World, pretty much just the maps. Although I always get a new park music cd if there is one.

JeffC

From the parks, I collected the water bottle lanyards.
And from the bars, I collect the twizzle sticks, wash them and put them in my bar at home.

mainstreet1997

I buy a pin each trip. It usually is something that happened on the trip like a new attraction or somethign that was a good memory. For example, my last trip at Christmas, was with my family and some friends of my parents. The husband was SO excited that I would go on Big Thunder with him. When we finally got there, it was him, his wife, my sister and I. So I bought a Big Thunder pin :D Trying to decide what pin to buy when I go in two weeks. Maybe Spaceship Earth.

Disney_Belle

I do the usually - toiletries, napkins, the paper cups they leave with the coffeepots, the coasters, the maps, bags (I have tons of WDW bags, although it takes me to buy something to get one, so they really aren't "free").

I collect the pressed pennies.

I always try to get a shirt of some sort while I am there and a new frame.

Now that I have my own house... I try to get little Disney things to add such as blankets, the Mickey ice cube trays, dog bowls...

I guess I don't really have anything I am a serious collector about.

Oh wait I lied... I get a new set of "ears" every year, a different kind. This past trip was a Minnie Mouse Christmas hat.

bigkidz895

We usually take extra soap and shampoo as well and any other freebies too!:sohappy:

Of course there is the obligatory tee-shirt and souv. mugs from the resorts too. Now that I think of tee-shirt, we still have ours from our honeymoon over 12 years ago. It's still in great shape!

sweetpee_1993

I have several snowglobes & shot glasses from WDW. I have mine displayed in a curio cabinet. I bought it at IKEA but they can be found pretty much anywhere(a little more pricey than IKEA). I love my stuff from IKEA cause it seems to be the only thing that moving companies don't break when we are transfered from one duty station to another.

OMG! I was sooo thinking of your IKEA cabinet when I started reading thru this thread...then I read your post. I was thinking, "Oh yeah! That's just like..." then I saw it was you who posted it. ROFL!!! I'm such a dork!

Okay. To answer the question: we always buy at least 1 ornament if not more. My tree is full of family adventures and memories. Picture frames. I have a huge bag full of unopened frames. I swear I will not buy even one on this next trip. The kids and I have pins but we aren't the die-hard collectors. I have Mickey and/or Disney stuff all over our house: kitchen items, duvet set, snow globes, shower curtain, towels, bathroom accessories, sculptures, etc. etc. It's a lot of stuff. I even dress my beloved dolls in my doll collection in Disney baby clothes. We have pics in Disney frames all over the place. We display our set of stone coasters that have the etchings from our son's and extended family's LaL tiles. That was one awesome idea me and Kerby626 cooked up in Feb. '07. So glad we did those. I also keep all our room keys, park maps, napkins, unusued fastpasses, etc. I have probably $500+ in Disney scrapbooking stuff that I've never sat down and done anything with.

Geez, I'm starting to think I'm a bit obsessed..... :hammer:

Master__Gracey

Funny how the cycle starts...start with the small stuff...park maps, soaps, pens.....move on to music, pictures, etc......and before you know it, you're officially hooked once you start with the pins....Somewhat varying items, but always the same cycle..it's all too familiar to me!

It seems that the pins are the gateway addiction. I used to grab the harmless things like a few soaps along with the maps and such for the finance's scrapbooking. Then I decided I'd give pin trading a try since I received a pin from someone out of the blue. Now I'm hooked. I have to grab pins as I see them before and during the trip. It's hard to hold back, but they can add up quickly. Last time I caught myself taking a long time in the Art of Disney store (If I had a few more bucks that Jessica Rabbit BigFig would've been mine). Here's to hoping it doesn't lead to bigger collections like everyone else seems to do!

WDW-LUVR

I collect the bags, the plastic ones you get when you purchase anything. everyone thinks I'm crazy until they need a bag or I send my son's overnight clothes in one. it brings a little magic to everyday life. I Love digging in and pulling one out from many many trips ago, it brings back soooo many magical memories. Christmas ornaments, every year we purchase too many, I pick the ones I like, my DH his and my DS his. We have 3 trees 1. Fab 5 only, 2. victorian Micky and Minnie, 3. all other Disney ornaments. DH collects hats, DS collects press pennies,

lpet11984

It seems that the pins are the gateway addiction. I used to grab the harmless things like a few soaps along with the maps and such for the finance's scrapbooking. Then I decided I'd give pin trading a try since I received a pin from someone out of the blue. Now I'm hooked. I have to grab pins as I see them before and during the trip. It's hard to hold back, but they can add up quickly. Last time I caught myself taking a long time in the Art of Disney store (If I had a few more bucks that Jessica Rabbit BigFig would've been mine). Here's to hoping it doesn't lead to bigger collections like everyone else seems to do!

It's so true...

Noticed you're from Michigan and mentioned the Big House in your sig-- Go BLUE! (UM grad here, headed back for grad school soon) :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom