What do you collect from the parks?

typhoon22

I collect pins also. Not just random pins but one(s) that reflect the current trip. I have one from each resort that we've stayed at, and if we do something special (like surf lessons, golf, dinner show, New Years EVE) I get those too.
I have them attached to my camera bag/strap and get a lot of good comments from the staff every trip.

I also collect hats. Indiana Jones Hat, the muppet's hat(Aussie like), and Animal Kingdom safari hat , so far.

britlightyear

I guess this might sound weird but I have started collecting fastpasses for our favorite rides. We always end up with several that we either didn't have time to get to or we forget about them. Initially it wasn't intentional but now I kinda think they are neat to have. They have the date that you are at whatever park and they look good in our scrapbooks.

wdwmomof3

I guess this might sound weird but I have started collecting fastpasses for our favorite rides. We always end up with several that we either didn't have time to get to or we forget about them. Initially it wasn't intentional but now I kinda think they are neat to have. They have the date that you are at whatever park and they look good in our scrapbooks.

Saving fastpasses is a great idea for scrapbooking. I have some from our last trip and I thought about doing the same thing.

I don't really collect any one thing but I love to bring home the Mickey soap, park maps, cups, magnets, t'shirts, jewelry, and anything else I can't live without. I also love the "Walt Disney World" bags. :lol:

henryt93

I collect snowglobes. Over 250 and still adding! I would estimate that about 75 of those are Disney, with about 20 from the parks.

I'm just glad I didn't start collecting snow globes... I've heard they aren't very easy to bring home on a plane anymore. Anyone have that problem?

It's not a problem as long as you don't bring it in a carry-on bag. I usually ship it anyway because I always am afraid of them either breaking because the bags get knocked around or popping because of the pressure (I figure if it can happen to a football, it can happen to a snowglobe!)

Kuhio

I'll also hang onto any unused napkins from meals. I don't go grab extra napkins to keep, but over the course of a trip, we'll usually collect a fair stack of unused napkins that I'll take back and put in my desk at work. Those Mickey napkins can bring an occasional smile to a dreary Monday. :)

I'll also hang onto the odd collectibles that come with food. The Disney-MGM Studios logo pin stuck into the hamburger bun, or the Wilderness Lodge swizzle stick that came with the gin and tonic all end up in some jar back at home. Who knows . . . maybe that stuff will have some collectible value someday. :lol:

I collect all these as well, although I will get odd looks from my traveling companions...

I've started collecting pins, which is both enjoyable and unfortunate (in that it can become very expensive and very addicting).

I also "collect" FastPasses -- I try to get as many FastPasses as I can, and I will avoid using them if there's no need (i.e., the Stand-By line is 15 minutes or less). I find that I will have quite a few unused FastPasses left in my possession at the end of most trips during non-busy times of the year.

LuckyFin24

Oddly enough I collect … COLECTIBLES. I have a collection of Walt Disney Classic Collection pieces. I buy one each time I’m at a Disney park. I just love them, they make me smile every time I look at them. Can’t wait till September to get a new one.

abug'saunt

I know it's not park related, but I collect Disney movies :p.

From the parks: pins with Stitch on them, ToT shirts, shot glasses, ball caps, Stitch stuff.

According to DH - Everything.

DivineMadness7

I have a follow up question for everyone. Are your collections on display or stored away somewhere?

One thing that has always kept me from collecting things is that I have terrible allergies and try to keep my dusting as easy as possible. I would love to collect some of the things mentioned such as shot glasses, snow globes or stuffed animals, but the idea of cleaning everything is overwhelming to me! I guess I tend to buy more every day items like t shirts than decor.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
While at DL I thought about starting a brick collection, since I found one that was loose on the ground that I COULD have taken, but I decided that one brick missing may cause someone to trip, which might have been bad... So if you come across a loose brick in DL, don't take it! I claimed it as my own, even if I let it stay were it was.

Scooter

While at DL I thought about starting a brick collection, since I found one that was loose on the ground that I COULD have taken, but I decided that one brick missing may cause someone to trip, which might have been bad... So if you come across a loose brick in DL, don't take it! I claimed it as my own, even if I let it stay were it was.

I'm thinking you already have a few loose bricks. :animwink::ROFLOL:

weretiger155

I usually try to remember to bring home a park map from each park. It is surprising to see how much the attractions will change from one trip to another if you don't go every year.

I'll also hang onto any unused napkins from meals. I don't go grab extra napkins to keep, but over the course of a trip, we'll usually collect a fair stack of unused napkins that I'll take back and put in my desk at work. Those Mickey napkins can bring an occasional smile to a dreary Monday.

I'll also hang onto the odd collectibles that come with food. The Disney-MGM Studios logo pin stuck into the hamburger bun, or the Wilderness Lodge swizzle stick that came with the gin and tonic all end up in some jar back at home. Who knows . . . maybe that stuff will have some collectible value someday.
I do the exact same thing. :ROFLOL: I have a big box full of things disney. Like shopping bags from may years ago, old and new park tickets, napkins, park maps, vacation planning kits, pins, towels, list can go on and on.
Since i don't want to leave, I bring some of disney home with me.:animwink:

santa's surpriz

Every vacation I get a christmas ornament, it must be a santa claus though. I get my disney ones at DTD and have them dated. The last few years I have lucky enough to go to Disney at Christmas and continued my picture frame ornament tradition. We have so much fun decorating the tree remembering the places we have been.

I have also collected a few of the Larry Dotson prints. I have the castle, HM, and POC. We were at Epcot at the right time last year and got the castle signed w. a special message.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom