What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
14 lengths in the pool at 4:30 yesterday. It was about 101 outside. Just because you are in water... doesnt mean it is cool. Wow. It wipped my butt. I was done at 7 down and backs.

5.10 miles this am with spaghetti legs, then I got on my bike and road 4.25 miles. With this trend, Im going to be rock solid for ToT.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I've been sidelined the last few days with what I assume is the flu. I thought I was over it yesterday until I actually ate something, then it all came back again.

I'm almost glad it came the last few days. I'll be starting my official full marathon training plan this week with my wife. Time to bring it.

scorp111

8 miles at a slow pace.
Up at 4:15 to start the run at 5:00 AM, when it was already 81 degrees. The running club had 10 people there to start at 5am. Commitment :) The first 4 were good, the next 4 tough, but another 8 in on what will be a hot June Saturday. It is 90 already, and there were some other NRC folks who started a little later just finishing. Getting up early was worth it! First run in the Saucony Ride 5's and it seemed to go well.

Texas84

We set a record high yesterday on my down day: 108F. Today did 3 miles at 0730, about 80F and 86% humidity. Brutal, but I was right on pace. Going out now to cut the grass before we hit the century mark.

fmingo36

Up early for an hour of yoga.
Best part is my instructor has decided to start running, so she made sure to include extra hip opener exercises. HEAVENLY!

We set a record high yesterday on my down day: 108F. Today did 3 miles at 0730, about 80F and 86% humidity. Brutal, but I was right on pace. Going out now to cut the grass before we hit the century mark.

Also managed 3.5 miles outside in the heat. Wanted to do 5 today but just couldn't get a good control of my breathing/heartrate. So decided to heed my own advice and cut the run short.
I really don't know how you guys manage to train w/ temps like 108.

Now cooking up a nice pulled pork to take to the IBU cookout. Hanging out with The Machine this afternoon! :D

enchanted_belle

Ack, I've been MIA for way too long... oops lol. But I did my first 10k two weeks ago (yea, it's not today per-say, but worth mentioning? Right?) under a 14 min/mile, so I'm under sweeper speed for the ToT race in September! :D

As for today... this starts my official "getting back on track" in training, so I went and did a 90 minute weight/abs session at the gym and printed out my marathon training schedule.

a2grafix

Thursday ran 30 minutes per Tower 10-miler plan and covered 3.50 miles at the base. In 84 degree evening heat a little after 8 p.m. Was asked Thursday afternoon to help someone run a 1.5 mile fitness run Friday morning, so I ran an additional 1.5 miles for 5 miles total in less than 12 hours.

The 1.5 miles was actually more like a fast walk or a very, very, very light jog as I was a "wingman" to an airman who had just got off of maternity leave. Was supposed to run buddy with someone else, but saw this woman who was super struggling. Though she complained and was breathing hard, and wanted to stop and puke, she kept on going. Sort of motivational runner, using Tony Horton-isms "Do your best and forget the rest," etc.

Told her to not think about anything else, just stay in the moment and focus on the next cone, the next intersection, the next turn. She did and I felt good that I helped her. Was commended for running with the woman, who did finish last in the run. She was upset and cried that she was last but I told her to not think that way. Everyone started the run and everyone finished the run. That's more important.

I was wearing my runDisney "In Training" shirt, which got a few compliments.

Tonight, will go on a 3-mile or so run per the training schedule. Never ran a distance run on the birthday.

a2grafix

Ended my birthday with a 3-mile run in just about 25 minutes, in 71F and super clear skies at sunset, as this weekend was the 3-mile run part of the Tower 10-miler training program. A month ago I ran about 3 miles in 30 minutes. Massive improvement.

Get this: in the past 14 days I have ran 24.75 miles in Alpena, Mich., nearly a marathon - stretched over a "few" days. Whoah. Basically all I did was run during my off time during a military training mission.

Hey, I'm kind of getting a hang of this "distance running" thing.

dreamfinder

Sat was 9mi followed by a 1/4 mi sprint. Sun was 11mi of negative splits. Not the order I normally do those types of runs (long run should be LSD), but they felt pretty good and fit into my schedule. So I can't complain too much.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yep. I ran Saturday morning and got it out of the way due to the heat this weekend. Yesterday I was in the yard working from 8:30-11:30am and it was brutal. I couldn't get re-hydrated all day. As much as I drank water, I just couldn't get back to normal. It was very frustrating and completely wiped me out the rest of the day.
Sat was 9mi followed by a 1/4 mi sprint. Sun was 11mi of negative splits. Not the order I normally do those types of runs (long run should be LSD), but they felt pretty good and fit into my schedule. So I can't complain too much.
I love negative splits. Nice job.

JillC LI

Told her to not think about anything else, just stay in the moment and focus on the next cone, the next intersection, the next turn. She did and I felt good that I helped her. Was commended for running with the woman, who did finish last in the run. She was upset and cried that she was last but I told her to not think that way. Everyone started the run and everyone finished the run. That's more important.

I was wearing my runDisney "In Training" shirt, which got a few compliments.

Tonight, will go on a 3-mile or so run per the training schedule. Never ran a distance run on the birthday.

Nice job giving support. I saw that t-shirt online; it looks cool. And happy birthday!

7.25 miles for me today. 1 hour 3 mins, 8:45 /mi pace.

I did 7 miles yesterday too, but in 1 hour 12 minutes :) Nick can have all the heat and humidity he wants - I hate it! :D

5.63 miles at 9.52 pace .. @ 6:01 am.. took me about a hour.. to run... kinda sluggish toward the end.. but i pushed on though .:)

Good for you!

Up early for an hour of yoga.
Best part is my instructor has decided to start running, so she made sure to include extra hip opener exercises. HEAVENLY!

Also managed 3.5 miles outside in the heat. Wanted to do 5 today but just couldn't get a good control of my breathing/heartrate. So decided to heed my own advice and cut the run short.
I really don't know how you guys manage to train w/ temps like 108.

Now cooking up a nice pulled pork to take to the IBU cookout. Hanging out with The Machine this afternoon! :D

So what kind of exercises has she added? Anything you can share with a non-yoga expert?

More importantly, how was the cookout?! Pulled pork sounds yummy.
Yesterday, my DH started the South Beach Diet which means 2 weeks of no carbs at all. I generally follow a maintenance version of Weight Watchers which means anything in moderation. Our diets kind of clash a bit now, and add in the kids' pickiness, cooking dinner is going to be difficult this week!

fmingo36

So what kind of exercises has she added? Anything you can share with a non-yoga expert?

More importantly, how was the cookout?! Pulled pork sounds yummy.
Yesterday, my DH started the South Beach Diet which means 2 weeks of no carbs at all. I generally follow a maintenance version of Weight Watchers which means anything in moderation. Our diets kind of clash a bit now, and add in the kids' pickiness, cooking dinner is going to be difficult this week!

Swan pose in my favorite. hard to explain but I'm sure if you google it. You'd find step by step instructions/pictures.

Cookout was great. Got hang out w/Nick and Alison. Plus met some other amazing people! Lots of running talk. :D
Pulled pork and homemade beans. I like the pulled pork without a roll. CROCK-POT recipe... my favorite way of cooking in the summer! Let me know if you want recipes. :) Good luck with the diet!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Swan pose in my favorite. hard to explain but I'm sure if you google it. You'd find step by step instructions/pictures.

Cookout was great. Got hang out w/Nick and Alison. Plus met some other amazing people! Lots of running talk. :D
Pulled pork and homemade beans. I like the pulled pork without a roll. CROCK-POT recipe... my favorite way of cooking in the summer! Let me know if you want recipes. :) Good luck with the diet!

Coryna! We had the best time! So glad to see you and Chris again and finally meet the girls...the drawing I. did for me was aswome! And we love W. Isn't Irene kick a--? All of us bastards need to go for a long run...we'll get you to a 50k at least! And yes, email me the recipe, the beans were BOSS. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with rhe ABAs in me...

For me: just under 30 miles this morning in 90 degree temps.

30 miles tomorrow as well.

Run HARD folks!

GoofyRacer11

Completed another round of Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning and then lifted weights for an hour.
I also forgot to mention that my dad and I registered for the Goofy Challenge in 2013. Tomorrow I will be
running 5 miles followed by Max Cardio Interval. Hope everyone's training is going well!

Later Days!

fmingo36

Coryna! We had the best time! So glad to see you and Chris again and finally meet the girls...the drawing I. did for me was aswome! And we love W. Isn't Irene kick a--? All of us bastards need to go for a long run...we'll get you to a 50k at least! And yes, email me the recipe, the beans were BOSS. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with rhe ABAs in me...

For me: just under 30 miles this morning in 90 degree temps.

30 miles tomorrow as well.

Run HARD folks!

Me...50K ---:eek:.
Honestly listening to you and Irene talk about your accomplishments is truly inspiring! Chris and I would love to join you guys on one of your boardwalk runs. Maybe towards the end of the summer, when we have a few more miles under our belts.
Speaking of belts..that Ultra Belt was kick-a$$!
Wear it Proudly, My Friend!!! I know you do! (Just wait till you earn the McNaughton 500-I can't wait to see that one)

We had a great time as well. Looking forward to dinner soon. too. Let me know when's a good weekend for you and Alison.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom