What did you do?

Texas84

"Starting to sound like Nick..." Do I have bad a reputation?!?
Bad A** reputation. :D

Took advantage of the day off to do some extra biking. Windy and sticky 10.79 miles. Lots of people out this morning. Some firing up the grills early. I'm off to spend the rest of the day with family. Happy Independence Day!
1usflag.gif

Kristia

3 miles - 10:46 pace. I wished that I had gills to run today! Even at 7:30 this morning it was so humid. It was in the mid 70's but felt like running in soup! Happy 4th to everyone!

Kristia

It was different. We're not used to dialing it down on training runs. We usually just go out and run like we would at a race. We had to remind each other to consider pace and the walk breaks. We definitely felt stronger at the end and didn't feel like we sacrificed too much time.
My husband and I are doing the Goofy in 2013. We (or really I) decided that we should do the Galloway method. When we did the marathon in 2011, I had only gotten up to 15 miles in training and we made a game day decision to try and stay with the 5:30 pace group that did run 5 min, walk 1 min. That worked pretty well for us until we lost them at a restroom stop and never caught up again. I think that if we train that way maybe we could do better but hubbie would rather just do the runs like we have been until we get to the higher miles. We have had a little clashing of the minds over this and for now he is winning! Hopefully this coming weekend when we start doing longer runs as per the plan I can get him to take some walk breaks! We can run 10 miles all the way through with just short breaks for water but it is tough to be committed to a specified walk break.

Mickey&Minnie

Well I am totally off planned scheduled, kinda have been just doing my own thing, but still increasing mileage slowly. I am up to 7 miles and feeling pretty good about that so hoping tomorrow night I can make it to 8.:cool:

Ariel484

This morning I ran our town's 5-mile 4th of July race...I didn't know it existed until last year when I was out with the dog and the runners were going right by my house.

When I signed up for this race a month ago I was hoping to hold about a 9:30-9:45 pace, not really thinking that it was (DUH) going to be super hot out in July. That along the fact that I stupidly ate a greasy grilled cheese for dinner last night was the perfect recipe for a somewhat disastrous race. I think my final time ended up being somewhere between 51:15 and 51:30, so not too bad, but not what I was hoping for, and I felt HORRIBLE almost the entire time. Nothing I could do about the weather (85 degrees at 8:30 AM I think?), but lesson learned - stick to PLAIN FOOD the night before a race! :confused:

It wasn't all bad though...highlights included a sweet family that set up their own water stop between mile 3 and 3.5, people that were in their yards spraying us with hoses, and popsicles at the finish line. I'm sure I'll run the race again next year. :D

Happy 4th, all!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles yesterday. There was beer afterwards ;)

I had a plan of action for today, but I'm just going out and running. We'll see.

Run hard and hydrate well folks.

dreamfinder

Normal runs so far this week. Did end up doing 2 1/2 outside with my DW at her pace yesterday. Glad to see her keep progressing forwards.

Mickey&Minnie

Normal runs so far this week. Did end up doing 2 1/2 outside with my DW at her pace yesterday. Glad to see her keep progressing forwards.

That is so sweet of you to support your wife by slowing your pace down to hers. My DH is a much faster runner than me and always back tracks to meet me and then takes off again. I have done that one time with one of my friends and it gets exhausting so I know it isn't easy.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 30 miles.

93 degrees.

I love the suffocating humidity; I was visited by a pretty lady in white and the espresso unicorn...what a magical run.

"It's pointless to do anything less than extraordinary."

Run hard folks.

JillC LI

"Starting to sound like Nick..." Do I have bad a reputation?!?[/B]

Just about 31 miles this morning in 95 degrees.

Felt great the entire time and could have gone more if the clock allowed it.

30mi for the rest of the week and hopefully ending Friday with a 50 mile.

Run hard and hydrate well folks.

Oh no, I hope you realized my comment was tongue in cheek! I just meant that you're always saying about the heat and humidity and rain and pain, "Bring it on!" You could never have a bad reputation on this board. You are an inspiration to all of us. Honestly.

Snuck in an hour of pilates/yoga tonight. Love it when hubby is home during the week and I can get to the late gym classes. :)

I envy you. The earliest my hubby ever gets home Monday-Thursday is about 9pm, usually later. Weekdays I'm a single mom, for all intents and purposes. That's why we're so big on weekends/holidays being family time. Yesterday we took a ferry to Fire Island and we all took a LONG walk along the beach and around the town. It was definitely several miles. Does that count as cross-training? :D

Anyway, as for me, I did a 4 mile speed workout this morning on the treadmill with the super-fan blowing on High at me. Increasing distance intervals and slightly decreasing speeds.

JillC LI

This morning I ran our town's 5-mile 4th of July race...I didn't know it existed until last year when I was out with the dog and the runners were going right by my house.

It wasn't all bad though...highlights included a sweet family that set up their own water stop between mile 3 and 3.5, people that were in their yards spraying us with hoses, and popsicles at the finish line. I'm sure I'll run the race again next year. :D

Happy 4th, all!

Sounds like a fun race. I love when I'm out for a run and I pass someone watering their lawn so I can ask, "Would you mind spraying that at my back as I pass by?" They always seem to get a kick out of it.

Just under 30 miles.

93 degrees.

I love the suffocating humidity; I was visited by a pretty lady in white and the espresso unicorn...what a magical run.

"It's pointless to do anything less than extraordinary."

Run hard folks.

See, you made my point precisely. The tougher the better for you!
But your experience today reminds of the time I was running in extreme heat, and I thought a guy in the distance was waving at me angrily, and when I got closer, I realized it was just a fire hydrant and I'd imagined it! LOL.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
See, you made my point precisely. The tougher the better for you!
But your experience today reminds of the time I was running in extreme heat, and I thought a guy in the distance was waving at me angrily, and when I got closer, I realized it was just a fire hydrant and I'd imagined it! LOL.

But Jill, I did, I DID, see the Espresso Unicorn! For realz ;)

fmingo36

I envy you. The earliest my hubby ever gets home Monday-Thursday is about 9pm, usually later. Weekdays I'm a single mom, for all intents and purposes.

My hubby works out of state. Most days he's gone from Sunday night to either Wed. or Thursday night. So I'm play single mom too. That's why so many of my runs are unfortunately on a treadmill because I have to go to the gym where there is daycare.
Because of the holiday, this week my hubby worked from home the whole week. So I took full advantage of it and got in a few additional classes.

Yesterday we took a ferry to Fire Island and we all took a LONG walk along the beach and around the town. It was definitely several miles. Does that count as cross-training? :D

Absolutely!

enchanted_belle

Attempted to run last night in the suffocating heat, but since I'm not Nick I barely got to 2 miles and didn't get to see any unicorns.
My calves were screaming after the first mile from walking DC the day before, so I took it real slow and had a 14:30 min pace the whole time.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Did you take the blue pill or the red pill first? Cause the unicorn is only supposed to appear if there is no spoon......

I took six of the white pills. No spoon. I took a dip in the magic waters , but the espresso unicorn came after.
The Road runner only comes out at night at mile 83, and the lady in white waves only 3 weeks a year...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom